** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21

I don't understand all this "Man Utd will be happy with a draw?". They are playing CSKA Moscow right? A team that is only 4th in their domestic table? Liverpool on Sunday is another game so why would they be happy to settle for a draw tonight and look more forward to the game on Sunday? :lol As Ferguson clearly states on Sporting Life, they will be playing to win as they are the better side and that makes sense to me. As I said I do understand people having a tipple on Moscow but when have Manchester Utd ever being happy to play for a point especially when a win would almost certainly guarantee qualification. :ok
If u don't understand then read Muscleman's post again! Forget about domestic league,CL is completely different venue. Man.Un is not very good away.They could only score 1 goal away to Besiktas.I'm happy with CSKA +0.5 AH

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 I'm sorry but AC Milan at 6.00 @ BET 365, I think I’m going to have to back them. Sorry but when was the last time you saw AC at that price? Yes they have been struggling massively but as I saw last Sunday all it takes is a good performance from Buck tooth and Pato and they will win this game. Take last Sunday vs Roma, it very much was a even game throughout despite AC having more possession. The issue was clear as day, Ronaldinho just hasan't been performing. His play last Sunday was against really bad apart from the one moment which is why i will be backing AC tonight. 1-1 he picks up the ball wide on the left turns past one man and plays the pass of the week through to pato who finished expertly round the keeper to make it 2-1. A truly world class goal! There is simply no reason for me why AC won’t be motivated to write a few wrongs against this Madrid side that are good but like for the last 6-7 years are extremely suspect at the back. Ronnie and Pato would've gained some confidence from that win vs Roma and I can see AC putting in a good performance tonight. Also on the defensive front for AC, again for me someone like Nesta can still be totally solid for 90 minutes and will help the defensive unit around him. This is something i can't say for Madrid.

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Porto v Apl Nicosia Bruno Alves to score [email protected] Sometimes I hate this site,just lost my write up for tonight's bet. Anyway this has to be brief. http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=1363&tt=graphic&lang=l2 above is the link to the Nicosia squad and notice that none of the defenders are particularly tall. I love this little stat from Eurosport!

APOEL's only previous game in Portugal resulted in a 16-1 defeat to Sporting Lisbon in the 1963-64 Cup Winners Cup, a record defeat in European club competition.

Think Porto are capable of beating a -1 handicap more than any team tonight and probably Hulk is the most outstanding choice to score in 90mins but Alves is excellent at set pieces and I think the price to score represents excellent value as I see over 10 corners in this match also as Nicosia will rarely venture from their own half.

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 For me Wolfsburg - Besiktas HW 1,40 at bet at home Wolfsburg - Besiktas Over 1,55 at bet at home and Zurich - Marseille OVER 1.70 at bet at home for me is bankers today...Besikats is not good, i see poor games in Turkish League. In Wolfsburg poorest player is coach Armin Vee...but Dzeko and Grafite is very strong players

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Hi gents, Tonight I once again agree with JackJarvis in that Man United are too good a price to turn down. CSKA Moscow V Manchester United - Manchester United win @ 2.37 (Bet365) The injuries Manchester United face tonight may put some people off backing them in Russia this evening, this is understandable. IMO Fletcher is just as big a miss as Rooney and these two players are a massive loss for Sir Alex's side this evening, however, I still feel the squad Manchester United have are streets ahead of this CSKA Moscow side. Vididc should be fit, as shoud Berbatov. Added to this they have the experience of Scholes in midfeild if needed, Ferdinand and Van Der Sar at the back and Owen or Berbatov up front. Carrick would not be outclassed against the Russians either if he were to start. I just feel Sir Alex has the experience and know how to win this game tonight and with the experience still in the squad they should have enough to win the match. CSKA are not a bad side, Vagner Love is their best players and I understand he is away in Brazil sorting his personal life out still. They still have decent players such as Alan Dzagoev, Milos Krasic and Daniel Carvalho in midfield. I seen them play against Besiktas on matchday 2 and I was reasonably impressed, however Besiktas offer a lost less than United will tonight and I can see Manchester United practically cementing their place in the last 16 with a win in Russa this eveing. Good Luck everyone. :ok

I'm sorry but AC Milan at 6.00 @ BET 365, I think I’m going to have to back them. Sorry but when was the last time you saw AC at that price? Yes they have been struggling massively but as I saw last Sunday all it takes is a good performance from Buck tooth and Pato and they will win this game. Take last Sunday vs Roma, it very much was a even game throughout despite AC having more possession. The issue was clear as day, Ronaldinho just hasan't been performing. His play last Sunday was against really bad apart from the one moment which is why i will be backing AC tonight. 1-1 he picks up the ball wide on the left turns past one man and plays the pass of the week through to pato who finished expertly round the keeper to make it 2-1. A truly world class goal! There is simply no reason for me why AC won’t be motivated to write a few wrongs against this Madrid side that are good but like for the last 6-7 years are extremely suspect at the back. Ronnie and Pato would've gained some confidence from that win vs Roma and I can see AC putting in a good performance tonight. Also on the defensive front for AC, again for me someone like Nesta can still be totally solid for 90 minutes and will help the defensive unit around him. This is something i can't say for Madrid.
Think this is a well thought out and reasoned post and must agree. However i have taken the 9/2 DNB on AC Milan at Stan James. Watched Real Game against Marseille in the last round and thought for the first hour they were terrible. Real may still win but definite value on AC tonight

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Just seen the Manchester United team on Uefa website.... -----------------------------Van Der Sar------------------------------ Neville--------------Ferdinand----------Vidic---------------------Fabio Valencia------------Carrick------------Anderson--------------------Nani ------------------------------Scholes------------------------------- -----------------------------Berbatov------------------------------- Enough to take care of CSKA in my opinion :ok

Just seen the Manchester United team on Uefa website.... -----------------------------Van Der Sar------------------------------ Neville--------------Ferdinand----------Vidic---------------------Fabio Valencia------------Carrick------------Anderson--------------------Nani ------------------------------Scholes------------------------------- -----------------------------Berbatov------------------------------- Enough to take care of CSKA in my opinion :ok
Have just taken CSKA AH (+0.25) 1.9 Victor chandler on looking at this team Gary Neville is a disaster, still plays everyone onside and was tortured against Sunderland. If Berbatov is not in the mood goals will be hard to come by worth a flutter against Man U this evening

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 CSKA Moscow v Man Utd After a poor set of results for british teams already in this weeks round of games, I can see the trend continuing into this game. As already pointed out Man Utd look to be very understrength going into the game, with the likes of Giggs and Rooney being huge players to miss out, with them two in particular being the spark in most of Man Utds play. Added to this CSKA dont have a bad team at all, with the midfeild and attack looking particularly good with young Russian star Alan Dzagoev looking a very promising player leading the way. From this, I wouldnt be afraid to be on CSKA in this game, with Man Utd winning the return game. Bets that interest me in this one - CSKA Moscow to win - 3.55 (Betfair) CSKA Moscow DNB - 2.42 (Betfair) Alan Dzagoev anytime goal - 5.5 (Paddy Power)

I'm sorry but AC Milan at 6.00 @ BET 365, I think I’m going to have to back them. Sorry but when was the last time you saw AC at that price? Yes they have been struggling massively but as I saw last Sunday all it takes is a good performance from Buck tooth and Pato and they will win this game. Take last Sunday vs Roma, it very much was a even game throughout despite AC having more possession. The issue was clear as day, Ronaldinho just hasan't been performing. His play last Sunday was against really bad apart from the one moment which is why i will be backing AC tonight. 1-1 he picks up the ball wide on the left turns past one man and plays the pass of the week through to pato who finished expertly round the keeper to make it 2-1. A truly world class goal! There is simply no reason for me why AC won’t be motivated to write a few wrongs against this Madrid side that are good but like for the last 6-7 years are extremely suspect at the back. Ronnie and Pato would've gained some confidence from that win vs Roma and I can see AC putting in a good performance tonight. Also on the defensive front for AC, again for me someone like Nesta can still be totally solid for 90 minutes and will help the defensive unit around him. This is something i can't say for Madrid.
Agree with much of this, the odds on Milan here do look big. Real Madrid are without Ronaldo, Guti, Van N and I read Benzema aswell although it didn't mention him in the RacingPost. Yes Milan have been struggling both in Serie A and in CL after a shock defeat to Zurich. They have an ageing side but in a one-off game like this I think a few players like Seedorf could roll back the years, Dinho has happy memories of the Bernabeu where Real fans once gave him a standing ovation. Pato & Inzaghi can grab goals and in Pirlo they still have a quality midfield playmaker. Real should win this game, even without some big players, Kaka, Higuain and co can win a game on their own but it was a night of shocks last night and while Milan have struggled for consistency in a one off game, where they really could do with a result after losing to Zurich they are still capable of a big performance. The odds have come in a little but I still like Stan James 9/2 on Milan draw no bet. Gives you that little bit of extra security as a point would still be a good result for AC. I watched highlights of Real's home win over Marseille and they gifted the French side some good chances and the defence still looks suspect. I think Milan DNB is worth a go @ 9/2 with StanJames with small stakes.

Have just taken CSKA AH (+0.25) 1.9 Victor chandler on looking at this team Gary Neville is a disaster, still plays everyone onside and was tortured against Sunderland. If Berbatov is not in the mood goals will be hard to come by worth a flutter against Man U this evening
Cool bud, well one of us will be in the cash come 90 mins :ok:ok Good Luck

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Over 2.5 goals were scored in the 7 out of 9 latest European games of Wolfsburg. Zurich scores at least 1 home goal in the last 17 games (Europe and league). Apoel Nicosia concedes at least 1 away goal in the last 8 out of 10 games in all competitions. Chelsea has not suffered a home defeat at the Stamford Bridge for 19 games in the Champions League.

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Juventus has not suffered a home defeat in the Champions League for 15 successive matches. Juventus has not claimed a European win for 6 games in a row while Maccabi Haifa has not claimed an away win in 4 successive games. Bordeaux has claimed 12 home wins in all competitions. Bayern Munich has suffered 2 defeats in the last 12 away European games.

CSKA are terrible. Their only good looking player is number 17, Krasnic. United have dominated in terms of possession but the home side happy to sit with 11 men behind the ball. Can only hope things open up a bit more in the 2nd half.
CSKA Lack any sort of flair going forward. Daniel Carvalho on the bench for some reason :(

If u don't understand then read Muscleman's post again! Forget about domestic league,CL is completely different venue. Man.Un is not very good away.They could only score 1 goal away to Besiktas.I'm happy with CSKA +0.5 AH
Mind you that Man Utd. havent lost an away match in 13 matches. And also Besiktas is a tough away match for any team.

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Chelsea have dropped Carvalho for Ivanovic, and put Belletti at right back. Kalou is in for Drogba and Ballack is in for Malouda. Carvalho has not been at his best lately so I do not see this as too much of a disadvantage, although Ivanovic is fairly mistake-prone. With Malouda, Joe Cole and Zhirkhov on the bench, I feel we have enough to win the game.

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 I have to agree with the view of the last fellas about the .... Real Madrid - Ac Milan match . My recent approach on betting is based on the bookies work ! real nice ... ha? ;) No one know best , the inside of a team "lineups , motivation , tactics , etc" , like the bookmakers ! and if you can sniff it lill bit , then you are good to go ... When I saw the price offerd for Real Madrid to win ... @1.5# , I sad to myself that that is nuts ! ... no god , no god , no god ! the bookies try to alurre me , to jump on REAL to win , based on the poor form of AC MILAN ... Real Madrid`s win on Saturday over Valladolid was a goals fest ... 4-2 . In my eyes thats a demonstration of the weakness of REAL , in defending . 2 goals ! from Valladolid who are on the bottom side of La liga ? I think that the team of MADRID isn`t ... a team , yet ! Is just a bunch of stars ! wich is worse , "the model" in terms of eficiency than , even an average team ! oooo ...and also the cherry is missing from the cake , the biggest superstar and the playmaker ... Cristiano Ronaldo ! Ac Milan come into this match verry relaxed , i think ! After their win on home ground against Roma , they will definitly have a good moral and a victory thirst... after a very much disappointing start of the season in Seria A , and after they lost 3 points in C.L. on home ground against Zurich ! They demonstrate against Marseille that they know how to approche the Champions League matches in AWAY ground . And if I know that REAL are leaking goals very often ... then , fore sure that the Milan knows to ! I think the presure is on the home team , wich in this case isn`t very good for them , cause they aren`t at full eficiency ....and even more they play with an italian team ! also with deadly weapons "Ronaldinho , Pato , Inzaghi " So , my pick will be to Lay REAL MADRID and take the ... X2 @2.40 with Bwin ##### I , for my self , woud try to take Ac Milan win @6.50 ~ Bet365 and cover that with a corect score of 1-1 @8.00 ~ Bwin ......... :hope

I can understand where you are coming from with this Jack, but the way I see it, the United squad players are not of a great calibre. Nani, Anderson, O'Shea. I have pinpointed those sort of players as a reason why United underperform quite frquently. I would also add Ji Sung Park to that list. After the carnage of last night there are only two bets I like the look of tonight. CSKA Moscow 0, + 0.5 @ 2.0 V Manchester United. Manchester United don't often perform that well away from home in the group stage of the CL, yet they often scrape a result by one goal. However, this time, are we really expected to think they can do something similar without Giggs, Rooney, Evra, and Fletcher? I can't see it myself. It will be much colder in Moscow, which is naturally a difficult place to play anyway. The players won't be used to the artificial turf. That is another big advantage for CSKA. Moscow have won the last six home games in all competitions. Manchester United have looked anything but champions in recent games. They have been conceding too many goals for my liking. Even the return of Van Der Saar on Saturday could not prevent them conceding against Bolton. Wolfsburg - 1.5 @ 2.2 V Besiktas. There has been talk of Besiktas turning the corner since the abysmal early season form. However, I don't buy it. Two narrow wins versus the poorer sides in the Turkish league are mere confidence boosters, but nothing to get excited about. The fact still remains that Besiktas have lost the last four away Champions League fixtures, and have lost all five fixtures away to German opposition. Wolfsburg haven't hit top form yet, but are a side still very much capable of scoring a few on their day. Whilst I don't think they'll go very far in this competition, they can still easily get past this calibre of opposition. Wolfsburg have no players missing, whilst Besiktas will miss Slovakian international defender, Filip Hološko.
I can agree with most of what you have said about Besiktas but just wanted to ask if you had watched them in Turkish Super League? They have a quite offensive style but the strikers cant seem to get the goals in.. Their last league match was a match they couldve done 4-5 goals but it ended 2-1. On thing we shouldnt forget is that the team has won 2 cups last season despite having a poor form on derby matches. Oh not to forget the form of International keeper Rustu Rencber as well. I have understood why he was sent on loan after 3 matches from Barcelona.. Also Slovakian International Filip Holosko is a winger/forward not a defender ;) .

CSKA Moscow vs Manchester United Advice: 10pts on Man Utd @ 2.36 Betfair I can understand why people will back CSKA here but United at 11/8 is a massive price for me as I think there is definetly a difference in class here. I am trying not to get heavily involved in the CL group stages and last nights results certainly show why. However, this price is terrific value in my eyes and I expected 10/11 or 4/5 for a United victory here. Rooney, Giggs, Fletcher & Evra are all absent but Berbatov, Nani, Anderson and O’Shea are hardly bad replacements. The artificial pitch could well play into the Russians hands but a team like United have tons and tons of experience and I am sure they will look to get the ball down and outplay the Russians at their own game on this surface. CSKA do have a fantastic home record but they have lost 8 times in their domestic league this season and despite a lot of things playing in their favour here, I just think United could be a class apart and 11/8 has to be snapped up.
Piss easy.... :cow 0-1 but it should have been 0-3 or 0-4... Have to feel sorry for you CSKA backers, they were woeful. :drums:nana

Piss easy.... :cow 0-1 but it should have been 0-3 or 0-4... Have to feel sorry for you CSKA backers, they were woeful. :drums:nana
They scored in the 86' minute? Yes they were better but on another day that would've finished 0-0 a win is a win anyway