** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21

Agree with much of this, the odds on Milan here do look big. Real Madrid are without Ronaldo, Guti, Van N and I read Benzema aswell although it didn't mention him in the RacingPost. Yes Milan have been struggling both in Serie A and in CL after a shock defeat to Zurich. They have an ageing side but in a one-off game like this I think a few players like Seedorf could roll back the years, Dinho has happy memories of the Bernabeu where Real fans once gave him a standing ovation. Pato & Inzaghi can grab goals and in Pirlo they still have a quality midfield playmaker. Real should win this game, even without some big players, Kaka, Higuain and co can win a game on their own but it was a night of shocks last night and while Milan have struggled for consistency in a one off game, where they really could do with a result after losing to Zurich they are still capable of a big performance. The odds have come in a little but I still like Stan James 9/2 on Milan draw no bet. Gives you that little bit of extra security as a point would still be a good result for AC. I watched highlights of Real's home win over Marseille and they gifted the French side some good chances and the defence still looks suspect. I think Milan DNB is worth a go @ 9/2 with StanJames with small stakes.
:nana:nana Thought that disallowed goal had done me late on!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand where you are coming from with this Jack, but the way I see it, the United squad players are not of a great calibre. Nani, Anderson, O'Shea. I have pinpointed those sort of players as a reason why United underperform quite frquently. I would also add Ji Sung Park to that list. After the carnage of last night there are only two bets I like the look of tonight. CSKA Moscow 0, + 0.5 @ 2.0 V Manchester United. Manchester United don't often perform that well away from home in the group stage of the CL, yet they often scrape a result by one goal. However, this time, are we really expected to think they can do something similar without Giggs, Rooney, Evra, and Fletcher? I can't see it myself. It will be much colder in Moscow, which is naturally a difficult place to play anyway. The players won't be used to the artificial turf. That is another big advantage for CSKA. Moscow have won the last six home games in all competitions. Manchester United have looked anything but champions in recent games. They have been conceding too many goals for my liking. Even the return of Van Der Saar on Saturday could not prevent them conceding against Bolton. Wolfsburg - 1.5 @ 2.2 V Besiktas. There has been talk of Besiktas turning the corner since the abysmal early season form. However, I don't buy it. Two narrow wins versus the poorer sides in the Turkish league are mere confidence boosters, but nothing to get excited about. The fact still remains that Besiktas have lost the last four away Champions League fixtures, and have lost all five fixtures away to German opposition. Wolfsburg haven't hit top form yet, but are a side still very much capable of scoring a few on their day. Whilst I don't think they'll go very far in this competition, they can still easily get past this calibre of opposition. Wolfsburg have no players missing, whilst Besiktas will miss Slovakian international defender, Filip Hološko.
Rubbish! Just got in from seeing Alexisonfire. Top band! I am officially giving up on European football. It is the ultimate minefield of minefields. What happened to Wolfsburg??? The thing that pisses me off is that I should have gone with my instincts on Monday when I saw Milan was 7/1. Overall, that is me done with the group stages. Too many shocks, and very few of the odds given are a true reflection of Team A's ability to beat Team B.

Thank god someone see's sense about this crap (real miss ronaldo). There is nothing he could'e done to stop Milan. Real's attack was fine in this game, Milan's backline defended well but the rest were pretty poor. Milan didn't even get out of 2nd gear and still won somehow. Casillas must had been cursed by some gypsy, two very uncharacterisitc mistakes, have to say.
your saying that arguably the best player in the world, would not have made an impact in this game? You need your head checked mate. Ronaldo was killing everyone prior to getting injured. Milan wouldn't have stopped him. Had Madrid grabbed a 2nd goal in the first half, which they were very unfortunate not to have, it would have been a rout in the 2nd half.

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Congrats to all Milan backers. Got to say it looked an insane pick to me yesterday, yes the odds were huge for such a big team, but I watched them against Zurich and they were one of the worst 'big' sides I have seen for a long time. They couldnt defend, pass, shoot, and their body language was awful. They looked like they were playing to get rid of the manager. How they can get so comprehensively beaten at home by Zurich and then go to the bernebau and win I dont know. I watch a lot of Madrid and yes they are rotten at the back and are vulnerable to any team who can attack and finish with purpose, but based on the games I have seen this year Milan are washed up. What a week for long shot backers, after previous rounds have been so predictable.