** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21

Hi gents, Tonight I once again agree with JackJarvis in that Man United are too good a price to turn down. CSKA Moscow V Manchester United - Manchester United win @ 2.37 (Bet365) The injuries Manchester United face tonight may put some people off backing them in Russia this evening, this is understandable. IMO Fletcher is just as big a miss as Rooney and these two players are a massive loss for Sir Alex's side this evening, however, I still feel the squad Manchester United have are streets ahead of this CSKA Moscow side. Vididc should be fit, as shoud Berbatov. Added to this they have the experience of Scholes in midfeild if needed, Ferdinand and Van Der Sar at the back and Owen or Berbatov up front. Carrick would not be outclassed against the Russians either if he were to start. I just feel Sir Alex has the experience and know how to win this game tonight and with the experience still in the squad they should have enough to win the match. CSKA are not a bad side, Vagner Love is their best players and I understand he is away in Brazil sorting his personal life out still. They still have decent players such as Alan Dzagoev, Milos Krasic and Daniel Carvalho in midfield. I seen them play against Besiktas on matchday 2 and I was reasonably impressed, however Besiktas offer a lost less than United will tonight and I can see Manchester United practically cementing their place in the last 16 with a win in Russa this eveing. Good Luck everyone. :ok
:nana:nana Well done to all the other Manchester United tippers. Should have won by more, experience took them through the match and they dominated for 90 minutes, fully deserved victory.

Piss easy.... :cow 0-1 but it should have been 0-3 or 0-4... Have to feel sorry for you CSKA backers, they were woeful. :drums:nana
When your team scores four minutes from time, that isn't a win that is ''p*ss easy,'' Jacky, my boy. Up until the 86th, you were sweatin', and don't say otherwise :)

CSKA are terrible. Their only good looking player is number 17' date=' [u']Krasnic. United have dominated in terms of possession but the home side happy to sit with 11 men behind the ball. Can only hope things open up a bit more in the 2nd half.
It's Krasic (Krasić), not Krasnic! And he is very good player :rollin

the more I see ronaldinho play' date=' the more I wish he would retire immediately before he completely ruins his reputation[/quote'] Must just be me then, basing it on the overall Milan performance, he's looked quality. Needs to get into the game a bit more and his work rate is awful, but on the ball he looks as good as he always has.

By liverpoolfan:
:clapChelsea v Atlético Madrid (19:45 BST)

10:clap

Will be taking Chelsea on the handily cap tomorrow. After watching A.Madrid getting thrashed by Osasuna 3-0

I was tipped about that game on tip-ex.com and what he wrote is true about A Madrid form and current situation

Tip-ex

Big price on the home win. I mean, A Madrid are generally one of the most unreliable teams there is and I cannot imagine that they will be at their best on Sunday, as so many of their key players have been away on the international circuit. Forlan, Simao and Aguero, to name some of them.

Asenjo, their keeper, should be back for this match and R Garcia, Camacho, Valera and Dominguez will also be available again. Osasuna still miss Dady and R Rodriguez, but welcome back both Delporte and Camunas. Osasuna have only lost this home fixture once in the last seven years (5-1-1). Home winner!

I watch there defence getting ripped apart on Sunday night and I can see it happening once more vs Chelsea the stats tell there own story here about how A Madrid are playing vs organized teams like Barcelona ,Valencia,Porto the price on the -1 on Chelsea with my local bookies is 1.90 so I will be taking this,Chelsea attacking opinions are fare better than Osasuna and all I see here is a 3-0 4-0 score line ……….

Good luck

Hemmalag:

www.punterslounge.com forum images smilies ohwell.gif?>DOCUME~1\pub3\LOKALA~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age001.gif">

Bortalag:

Senaste 6 matcher:

Datum

Turnering

Match

Resultat

Detaljer

17/10/09

Premier League

Aston Villa vs. Chelsea

2:1

04/10/09

Premier League

Chelsea vs. Liverpool

2:0

30/09/09

Champions League, Grupp D

Apoel Nicosia vs. Chelsea

0:1

26/09/09

Premier League

Wigan vs. Chelsea

3:1

23/09/09

Carling Cup

Chelsea vs. Queens Park Rangers

1:0

20/09/09

Premier League

Chelsea vs. Tottenham

3:0

www.punterslounge.com forum images smilies ohwell.gif?>DOCUME~1\pub3\LOKALA~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_im age001.gif">

Senaste 6 matcher:

Datum

Turnering

Match

Resultat

Detaljer

18/10/09

Liga BBVA

Osasuna vs. Atletico Madrid

3:0

03/10/09

Liga BBVA

Atletico Madrid vs. Zaragoza

2:1

30/09/09

Champions League, Grupp D

FC Porto vs. Atletico Madrid

2:0

26/09/09

Liga BBVA

Valencia vs. Atletico Madrid

2:2

23/09/09

Liga BBVA

Atletico Madrid vs. UD Almeria

2:2

19/09/09

Liga BBVA

Barcelona vs. Atletico Madrid

5:2

looks like its a winner but lost all my pot on :@barca :@yesterday

__________________ aka winfrank

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 quote=Davidian_ie;1507034]Porto v Apl Nicosia Bruno Alves to score [email protected] Sometimes I hate this site,just lost my write up for tonight's bet. Anyway this has to be brief. http://www.apoelfc.com.cy/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=1363&tt=graphic&lang=l2 above is the link to the Nicosia squad and notice that none of the defenders are particularly tall. I love this little stat from Eurosport!

APOEL's only previous game in Portugal resulted in a 16-1 defeat to Sporting Lisbon in the 1963-64 Cup Winners Cup, a record defeat in European club competition.

Think Porto are capable of beating a -1 handicap more than any team tonight and probably Hulk is the most outstanding choice to score in 90mins but Alves is excellent at set pieces and I think the price to score represents excellent value as I see over 10 corners in this match also as Nicosia will rarely venture from their own half. :wall why didn't i just stick with Dr. David Banner:wall

Re: Champions League » Wednesday Oct 21 Unlucky Madrid. Thank god i bought Milan +1.5. Thought Real Madrid will win probably by just 1 goal. Didnt expect them to concede more than a goal. Can't say Milan played extremely well. Real Madrid had the better of the possession and shots on target. I doubt Real Madrid is missing Ronaldo. Their attack isn't that bad honestly. What Madrid fans should be worried about is how the defenders are going to track back after going for a full force attack. Milan was more patient and it paid off.

Chelsea vs Atletico having mixed feelings as a blues fan, i do believe they will have their set piece problem sorted out, but im most worried about the goals side of things. drogba has scored a third of chelseas goals this season, and the previous 2 games in CL have shown that they struggle to put away the goals, with Anelka the hero. But consider they made a meal out of the game in Cyprus and Porto are a much more tougher team currently than Atletico. They on the other hand have conceded 10 in 5 in all comps but you get the feeling that they would give it their all to prevent a repeat of Sunday or might want to give it their all for their manager as it may be his last game, but as mentioned in previous posts some of their players may still feel the fatigue of international matches/travelling as well as attempting a come back on Sunday, plus they have had one less day to prepare than Chelsea AND spent another day travelling to London. So i might avoid betting on goals and just go for a home win as a safe bet or Anelka anytime Juventus vs Maccabi I hear echos of Unirea, like Rangers Juventus have not put in the performances, their last 5 games in all comps they drew 4 and lost 1. This is the perfect game for Juventus to kick start their season, against a team who have fallen to the bottom of the group despite being top of their league after winning 6 in 6, yes the league might be their main focus but like Unirea from yesterday may have aimed to draw away and win at home and grab that 3rd place UEFA cup spot. Maccabi nearly held Bordeaux to a stalemate until the last 10 minutes, and Bordeaux like Juventus are averaging around 1 goal scored a game over both their last few games, only difference is Juventus have players with more quality. Odds on Juventus to win are too low, and they will be expected to win this game but it shouldnt be by that much therefore i would bet under 2.5 Real Madrid vs AC Milan doing a bit of research on both teams, Real Madrid have only lost once this season, whereas Milan have grabbed 1 win in 5. The win for them on Sunday was fortunate and the italian press claim the referee was on their side. Leonardo played an attacking mentality on Sunday hence why they came from 1-0 down to win 2-1, he claims he may do the same against Madrid. The ex-players in both teams adds some spice to the match with Huntelaar, Kaka, Seedorf, Ronaldinho (ex-BarcavsMadrid rivalry) involved they would give it their all to down their former sides. One more thing to consider is yes Ronaldo is out, but all Madrid's home games (5) have been more than 2.5 goals. And if Leonardo sticks to his word and goes attacking, we could see that happen. Oh yes one more thing, Milan's 1st choice keeper is out, as well as their 2nd (Abbiati) so that means Dida should start and we know what that equals...over 2.5 CSKA vs Man Utd For my last prediction, il get straight to the point then explain - under 2.5. Man Utd scored only 2 on Saturday, and they didnt add to the tally as you would expect them too, but they probably wanted to save their energy for this game, with that in mind they would want to do the same for the liverpool game. The 2 goals on Saturday were an own goal and Valencia, without Rooney you remove a third of their goals this season approximately, with Giggs & Rooney out you are removing goals and assists and i cant see them scoring much in cold weather, on an artificial pitch without 5 or 6 first teamers and with liverpool in mind. On the other hand CSKA have 5 games remaining in the league and they want to try and win it as they are behind the leaders by 7 points. Their main problem is Vagner Love has gone on loan back to Brazil for the family reasons so their main goals are coming from midfield. Krasic is his name and he is the top scorer with 8. Out of their 34 goals, 18 of them have come from a combined defence and midfield, their replacement striker for Love, Necid has only scored 5, and key players Guilherme and former Liverpool winger Gonzalez are out injured. One more thing to consider is that they have won 6 in 6 at home but against Man Utd is a different scenario. Im going for under 2.5 because CSKA can score goals, but Man Utd are decent defensively, but like against Besiktas may not score many away. If i feel lucky i might bet on Krasic to score anytime as he's scored 4 in 5 home games and as a right winger he might expose the fact that United will field a right-footed player at left back without Evra A lot of predictions but fingers crossed for some of them
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap i did go for chelsea home, and the other 3 fixtures over/under as mentioned above, didnt bother going for Krasic or Anelka to score, just as well, but maybe i should have gone with my instincts and gone for Hulk for Porto, but we cant predict everything i saw one guy on page 3 not sure who that defied the odds and went for AC Milan well done to him as well

Unlucky Madrid. Thank god i bought Milan +1.5. Thought Real Madrid will win probably by just 1 goal. Didnt expect them to concede more than a goal. Can't say Milan played extremely well. Real Madrid had the better of the possession and shots on target. I doubt Real Madrid is missing Ronaldo. Their attack isn't that bad honestly. What Madrid fans should be worried about is how the defenders are going to track back after going for a full force attack. Milan was more patient and it paid off.
Thank god someone see's sense about this crap (real miss ronaldo). There is nothing he could'e done to stop Milan. Real's attack was fine in this game, Milan's backline defended well but the rest were pretty poor. Milan didn't even get out of 2nd gear and still won somehow. Casillas must had been cursed by some gypsy, two very uncharacterisitc mistakes, have to say. Also Real's defence is really, really poor. If they get someone like Arsenal in the secound round they could be in for a hiding especially by the way Arsenal keep the ball. This is not to mention teams like Inter and Chelsea who can not only defend as well as milan but dominate the midfield and score goals. Despite that this could be a defining day for one young boy named Pato.

I wrote up a MASSIVE article this morning, and it just disappeared. How frustrating... Anyway, I'm going to write up a much shorter version... I'm going for my biggest bet of the season so far on Chelsea to beat Atletico. Chelsea's defensive problems as of of late have been well-documented. However, these have only been defending set-pieces, I feel we will have improved from the extra onus placed on them and extra training on them since the Villa match. Also, I don't think Atletico are strong at scoring from set pieces, so I don't think this will trouble Chelsea. We (Chelsea) have been playing very well lately (even in our losses) and our formation (4-1-2-1-2) is even more greatly suited to the CL. We give no teams on the ball, play very tightly, lots of passing and moving, quick on the break, I can't see any reason why we shouldn't manage to score. Added to that Atletico's form this season, and how jaded their strikers in particular looked against Osasuna (they won't appreciate travelling from S.America to Spain then to England all in 1 week) I think this morning's drifted odds of around 1.43 are worth going big on. Chelsea's home form is fantastic - lost 1 of last 29 home CL games, lost 1 of 11 home games against Spanish teams (Barca for both stats) and we have also lost something like 2 home games in 120. We have won every competitive home game this season. I was considering going for the -1 hcap last night but 1.43 is good enough for me.
Few dodgy moments in the first 20 mins but comfortable in the end. Very pleasing evening :dude

I have to agree with the view of the last fellas about the .... Real Madrid - Ac Milan match . My recent approach on betting is based on the bookies work ! real nice ... ha? ;) No one know best , the inside of a team "lineups , motivation , tactics , etc" , like the bookmakers ! and if you can sniff it lill bit , then you are good to go ... When I saw the price offerd for Real Madrid to win ... @1.5# , I sad to myself that that is nuts ! ... no god , no god , no god ! the bookies try to alurre me , to jump on REAL to win , based on the poor form of AC MILAN ... Real Madrid`s win on Saturday over Valladolid was a goals fest ... 4-2 . In my eyes thats a demonstration of the weakness of REAL , in defending . 2 goals ! from Valladolid who are on the bottom side of La liga ? I think that the team of MADRID isn`t ... a team , yet ! Is just a bunch of stars ! wich is worse , "the model" in terms of eficiency than , even an average team ! oooo ...and also the cherry is missing from the cake , the biggest superstar and the playmaker ... Cristiano Ronaldo ! Ac Milan come into this match verry relaxed , i think ! After their win on home ground against Roma , they will definitly have a good moral and a victory thirst... after a very much disappointing start of the season in Seria A , and after they lost 3 points in C.L. on home ground against Zurich ! They demonstrate against Marseille that they know how to approche the Champions League matches in AWAY ground . And if I know that REAL are leaking goals very often ... then , fore sure that the Milan knows to ! I think the presure is on the home team , wich in this case isn`t very good for them , cause they aren`t at full eficiency ....and even more they play with an italian team ! also with deadly weapons "Ronaldinho , Pato , Inzaghi " So , my pick will be to Lay REAL MADRID and take the ... X2 @2.40 with Bwin ##### I , for my self , woud try to take Ac Milan win @6.50 ~ Bet365 and cover that with a corect score of 1-1 @8.00 ~ Bwin ......... :hope
Satisfied with the result here .....:dude but that was just a crap of a game ! Two teams with no midfield action and weak defenses .An ugly game ...but with a sweet ending ... :ok

Originally Posted by elgoonerman viewpost.gif I'm sorry but AC Milan at 6.00 @ BET 365, I think I’m going to have to back them. Sorry but when was the last time you saw AC at that price? Yes they have been struggling massively but as I saw last Sunday all it takes is a good performance from Buck tooth and Pato and they will win this game. Take last Sunday vs Roma, it very much was a even game throughout despite AC having more possession. The issue was clear as day, Ronaldinho just hasan't been performing. His play last Sunday was against really bad apart from the one moment which is why i will be backing AC tonight. 1-1 he picks up the ball wide on the left turns past one man and plays the pass of the week through to pato who finished expertly round the keeper to make it 2-1. A truly world class goal! There is simply no reason for me why AC won’t be motivated to write a few wrongs against this Madrid side that are good but like for the last 6-7 years are extremely suspect at the back. Ronnie and Pato would've gained some confidence from that win vs Roma and I can see AC putting in a good performance tonight. Also on the defensive front for AC, again for me someone like Nesta can still be totally solid for 90 minutes and will help the defensive unit around him. This is something i can't say for Madrid.
:clap