Coming soon to this ATR forum

We don't often do this but i wanted to let all the viewers to ATR know what is coming up in the next few weeks. Cheltenham 2010 I first visited the festival in 1990 & went back in 1991. These days i prefer to study hard & watch the action from my armchair. This year we will launch our Cheltenham 2010 forum earlier than usual. I expect it should be ready by the beginning of November. Please remember this is put together exclusively by certain mods and has been a great extra feature in our quest to beat the bookies! By starting earlier, we can look at key trials etc plus any early ante post bets. Your contributions will be most welcome. :ok Key Jumps races This is something i have been thinking about to improve ATR, it will consist of a thread for each race probably 2-3 weeks before the race is due to be run. Early discussion can take place regarding the key horses in the race & hopefully some decent ante post bets advised. Some like to wait for the final decs & there are others who love a punt at big odds a few weeks before. We can cater for both! I will also include trends for each race in turn. The races under consideration are Paddy Power Gold Cup, Hennessey Gold Cup, Relkeel Hurdle, Greatwood Hurdle, King George plus many others. I hope you agree these are exciting additions to the forum & can only improve what we already have. We are also open to new ideas from anyone, so please either post here or PM me or another ATR mod with the details. :ok Another idea i have is to start some form of PL racing club, this is very early days & i have to think about it a bit more, but it will include regular meet ups at racetracks local to where people live i.e South - Ascot, Sandown etc North - Pontefract, Haydock, Wetherby etc. Making it regional (poss. South, Midlands, North, Scotland) makes it much easier to get to without having to worry about travel. If we could get 10 along to each meeting, it will be a good day out with like minded people.

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Yeah looking forward to my first jump season on here hoping to learn a lot of you lot ;) As for racing clubs would certainly be up for that, struggle to get my mates excited about going to the races, more fool them I say!!!

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Thanks Guys, the concept of the Racing Club would be to make use of some decent offers at the tracks & perhaps meet up at least once a month . I will need someone in each region to organise that particular meeting and set it up. Its a concept at the moment but i think it can work. It's not designed to be a piss up for the day/night, just a get together with like minded people enjoying the races. With entrance fees & travel etc, the regional meetings should work rather than asking people to travel 100+ miles. I am spoilt where i live with 3 decent tracks in 20 mile distance. We can also perhaps register it as a club & see if we can get some offers from the tracks. Another idea would be organise the odd stable visit also. Punters Lounge Racing Club sounds a good name if we can use it I know someone who can get merchandise also if you wanted diaries, pens, key rings etc. Could be a good way of attracting new members also.

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum

Sounds like you really thought about it bowles!! Cant wait to see it progress sounds a fantastic idea!!!
doesn't take me long to think of ideas, its making them work that is the hard bit! Forgot to say that something Alex mentioned to me last time i saw him, the Arc in October would be a great end of season meet up, wouldnt it. Still a dream at the moment, but who knows.

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Great stuff ! I like the idea of the Key Jumps Races, although tbh, I was thinking of sticking to the AW this winter, but I might be tempted by big race threads............:unsure Hopefully the trends guys will get involved and I might 'do a bit' if/when I have a losing run on the sand..........be good to share research and thoughts.

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Rob, I would be more than happy to help you with the Racing Club in and around Berkshire/London. As you said, we are spoilt for choice here, and it would be great to see everyone more often, and meet some new people and attract new members. The 'end of season' trip to the Arc is easily doable. But would need some serious thought this side of Christmas I would imagine. We could try floating the idea soon and see what happens. I would imagine for Eurostar, 2 nights b&b and tickets we would be looking at £250.... But only if we got something sorted soon. The other 'dream' would be The Breeders Cup...... :) :) :)

Another idea i have is to start some form of PL racing club, this is very early days & i have to think about it a bit more, but it will include regular meet ups at racetracks local to where people live i.e South - Ascot, Sandown etc North - Pontefract, Haydock, Wetherby etc. Making it regional (poss. South, Midlands, North, Scotland) makes it much easier to get to without having to worry about travel. If we could get 10 along to each meeting, it will be a good day out with like minded people.
I really love this idea. And especially this bit:
It's not designed to be a piss up for the day/night, just a get together with like minded people enjoying the races.
I am based in York but much prefer the Wetherbys and Beverleys as opposed to York, which despite being a 10 minute walk away, I hate. Always willing to help. :)

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum The Racing Club seems to have gone down well, however i would say i am working towards launching it on 1st Jan 2010 which seems an appropriate date & also gives me time to sort out all the details with feedback from yourselves as well. I will put up a poll in the next few days to get some more opinion on this. Alex - Breeders cup :rollinnow that is a dream!

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Must have read my mind with the racing club idea. I've been to the races with Fintron and RussP and know there are a few others quite local. Avonlady and Runadrum from Poker often go to Doncaster, Ebor is obviously nearby at York and I think there are a few others up north. I wouldn´t mind getting on a train early one Saturday and coming down to meet the Southerners.

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum nice idea Bowles, I'd be willing to help sort out if need be if a group is set up around Yorkshire (although I dunno how regional each group would be). Plenty of courses around here in the summer: York, Doncaster, Pontefract, Thirsk, Ripon, Catterick, Redcar and Beverley are all within 1.5 hours of Leeds and when the jumps kick off there is Wetherby too.

Must have read my mind with the racing club idea. I've been to the races with Fintron and RussP and know there are a few others quite local. Avonlady and Runadrum from Poker often go to Doncaster' date=' Ebor is obviously nearby at York and I think there are a few others up north. I wouldn´t mind getting on a train early one Saturday and coming down to meet the Southerners.[/quote'] Been reading up on a few Racing clubs Phil & a small admin charge per annum will be required to cover some of the admin involved. Course concessions, stable visits, gallops, access to preview nights etc are some of the things i want to include. I intend to write to a large number of racecourses & stables to get some more detail but as we have access to over 30k membership base, i am sure they will be interested. The Dhualar Dhar experience has shown me that some organisations manage to survive on poor communications / organisation etc. That won't do for me, this will work as i will put the time into it & want to see it through. Likewise, myself & Alex should be on that train coming your way as well. Early train tickets is another saving that we need to tap into also to get the best deal. :) Will post up some more detail during the week

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Some nice ideas, my nearest course is Perth and at the moment spare time is to a minimum so I don't think the Racing Club would be for me, would have definately jumped at it if I was surrounded by courses within 1-2 hours in distance, it is a cracking idea though.

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Good stuff although, as you know, I'm not a jumps man. Regarding the racing club, I have to say I'm disillusioned with going to the track. The prices and, more importantly, EW terms on course are horrific nowadays. I noticed yesterday at York, some firms were going 1/5 the odds in the big sprint handicap:eyes

Good stuff although, as you know, I'm not a jumps man. Regarding the racing club, I have to say I'm disillusioned with going to the track. The prices and, more importantly, EW terms on course are horrific nowadays. I noticed yesterday at York, some firms were going 1/5 the odds in the big sprint handicap:eyes
i know it doesnt work for everone but i either have all my bets before i go so i still get the online prices & place odds etc or if at the track i use the betting shop or get on the phone. I rarely punt with the rails boys now due to this same problem. I was at Ascot once when in the Silver ring they were ripping people off everywhere, taking ladies' fivers at 4/1 when the price was 10/1 elsewhere. I told one of the girls to shop around before she handed over the money, the bookie told me to F off, i should have taken his number & reported it but was also on the piss that day & just carried on. Russ, you should be for turning from the flat to the jumps, its the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Coming soon to this ATR forum Bumping this back up I have stickied the 1st Key Race of the season (Charlie Hall Chase) for discussion etc. Each key race will then be filed & access will be via a stickied thread to all these races. There has been a good response to the Racing Club idea & i hope to get some time next week to do some work on it. If you are interested in helping, please PM me & advise which region you are interested in. Also, just a reminder, we are always open to listening to new ideas so please PM any one of the mods to discuss. Lastly, the NH season seems to have re-ignited interest over the last week or so & the place is buzzing so thank you all. :ok