Champions League 30th September

Re: Champions League 30th September

anyone know anything about missing players for APOEL and how important they are?
APOEL will be without Paulo Jorge (leg muscle tear), Marcin Żewłakow (knee), Joost Broerse (leg muscle strain) and Adrian Sikora (knee). Marcin Żewłakow and Adrian Sikora are strikers. Not sure how important any of those players are to be honest. Chelsea will be without Alex, Deco, Michael Ballack, Daniel Sturridge, John Mikel Obi, Drogba and Jose Bosingwa. Whilst Ashley Cole is nursing a slight knock. I agree with an early poster that Chelsea are way too short and I have no confidence in them completing the handicap minus Deco, Ballack, Bosingwa and Drogba. They are boosted by the return of long term absentee, Joe Cole; altough he may only start on the bench.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 30th September Good afternoon again fellow PL'ers :ok Good night for myself last night and I hope to continue tonight. Manchester United V Wolfsburg - Over 3.5 goals @ 2.44 (Bet365) Cant normally see anything that totally stands out this evening but IMO this looks a decent punt. Manchester United come into this game on the back of a decent run of form. They sit top of the table with a goal difference of +11, having scored 17 and conceded 6 in their seven EPL games thus far. Rooney is on fire for United since moving into a central role and the English frontman has hit an impressive 7 goals in 9 games. The thing that makes this bet more tempting is the recent records of United opponants this evening. The German champions are well known for their superb ability to score goals, however they are equally famous for their defensive frailities. Last season, in the 34 Budesliga games that Wolfsburg were involved in averaged around 3.56 goals a game, this trend continued in European games they played in which an average of 3.63 goals were seen in the eight games they played. 32 out of the total 42 games ended over the 2.5 threshold with 21 ending with 3.5 goals, a remarkable statistic by anyones standerds. (Taken from selectabet) Even though the title defence has taken a dodgy start for Wolfsburg the scoring trends of last year are still present. 7 of their 8 games thus far this season have involved scorelines over 2.5 with 5 of the eight games producing over 3.5 goals. With Wolfsburg coming to Manchester to 'attack' (according to their manager Armin Veh) I can see the United defence possibly leaking at least one, maybe two goals. However with the firepower of Rooney up front and the creativity and form that Giggs has shown recently I can see the Red Divils scoring an equal amount at least to that of Wolfsburgs. It could turn into a game where the both teams end up just trying to score more than the other. Look to Grafite and Dzeko to score the Wolfsburg goals with old Newcastle player Obifemi Martins also in contention to cause Ferdinand and co some problems. Over 3.5 goals is always extremely risky but the odds of over 2.5 is around 1.5 with most firms so I think Ill go for that extra goal at the higher odds. Over 3.5 goals @ 2.44 GL everyone :hope:hope

Re: Champions League 30th September Three bets tonight. All 100 quid doubles. Due a loss so not holding out much hope.. Both teams to score in the Man Utd - Wolfsbug game @ 5/6 Real Madrid -2 @ 7/4 Porto @ evens Newcastle @4/6 CSKA @ 8/11 Real Madrid -1 @ 4/6

1. Both Man Utd and Woflsburg tend to attack with some consistency. Both strike forces are potent and I fully expect an open game tonight. Was going to go for over 2.5 but opted to see both team score in the end.

• Real will be looking to put on a show tonight in their first European game at home. Marseille will be a tough nut to crack but the array of talent at Real’s disposal should be enough to see them off. It just depends on whether they can manage a few goals or not. Marseille could of course sit back and put 10 men behind the ball but I can’t see them settling for that.
  • Porto at home to Athletico looks decent value for various reason aforementioned. Athletico are due a revival and reversal in their fortunes, let’s just hoep it’s not tonight.
  • CSKA should be too string at home against a weak Besiktas team who are struggling to score at the moment. Home advantage in Russia can play a major factor. Look at the Inter game last night as an example.

Re: Champions League 30th September MY bet for 2nite Man Utd vs Wolfsburg over 2.5 goals - i think the attack of wolfsburg can score at least 1 goal vs ben foster... who is prone to make mistakes. Also united will pick apart wolfsburg vulnerable defence. Should be a great attacking game to watch Real MAdrid Win - Madrid have shown there class this season so far. I expect them to be too strong for marseille, who are not a bad team. The class of Ronaldo and Kaka will be the difference in this match. Bordeaux Win - Arguably the best french team at the moment. I have watched several game this season, they looked very impressive. Maccabi hafia will not have the quality on pitch to match Bordeaux.

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30

Does anyone know whether Diego will be starting for Juventus ? Coming out of the `Bundesliga' he loves to play against Bayern. I saw him play live in the semi final against Hamburg, this guy makes or brakes Juventus' chances tnite ! As he influenced the team of Werder last season, because he wasnt allowed to play the final, Werder lost !
The UEFA website does not list his name as injured, doubtful or suspended so my guess would be he will play. Remember, however, that he has just come back recently from injury and may not be in great form as his performance against Bologna indicated.

Re: Champions League 30th September From posts above a treble with wins for Real, Bordeaux and Over 2,5 Goals in Manchester seems to be the most wanted. It is @ 2,49 with bet365 and I will take it - maybe it is one of the nights when it is just as simple as that. @ 3,32 I took another treble with Overs in Milan, Man Utd and Real - AC seem to be the risky bit here, but I hope Zurich are going there to impress and they won't hide like Bari and Bologna at San Siro. Onto singles now, most of the things I am looking at are at lower odds than I would take: Goal/Goal in Madrid and Manchester are @ 1,72 and 1,66 The Over in Porto is already below evens, risky with a Portuguese team in CL at home, yet fair - it takes 2+ goals to beat Atletico as a rule. CSKA @ 1,66 - I missed better odds for HW, too low for me. These are the only 2 teams I haven't seen live in action and probably will pass. Overall an in-play night for me. To be honest IMO most games tonight will go Over 2,5 Goals, the chances for this are good enough even in Bordeaux and Cyprus. FGS for fun, E/W - Guiherme, Gourcuff, Berbatov, Benzema CS for fun, 3-2 in Milano, Manchester and Madrid. GL

Re: Champions League 30th September APOEL v Chelsea - Chelsea have a few missing for this game, Drogba and Boswinga are still suspended, dont think A Cole will play (went off injured last game) with a view to the game on sunday and wouldnt be surprised to see Hilario play as Cech will be suspended for Sunday, Obi Mikel and Ballack also have not travelled with the squad..Drogba is a big loss and they are nowhere near as good when he doesnt play, Ballack is not as important but he is a good player and does weigh in with a few goals..A Cole would be a big loss as he provides an intense attacking threat down the left but cant be definate he is out yet.. APOEL drew 0-0 in their first game away at Athletico but they got totally battered in the second half and only an inspired goalkeeping performance kept the score down, they are not doing great in their league with a 1-2-1 record so far, they beat Doxa 3-0 on sat but they are not a good side, as far as I know they have no particular injury problems..the home crowd should be taken into consideration also, they will be very much up for this game but Chelsea's players will have played in pretty much every country imaginable during their careers and this will be nothing new to them.. I think this will be a tight game, I certainly dont think it will be a walkover as the odds might suggest..Chelsea also have an important game on sun but i dont place much interest in this, as i said previously Chelsea have seasoned pros who wont be looking more than one game ahead at this stage of the season..i have bet the handicap tie (Chelsea -1) at 2.75 (this means if Chelsea win by one goal the bet wins) as although Chelsea have more quality I cant see them running away with this and see them winning by the odd goal.. Bordeaux v Maccabi Haifa - First thing to note as some will know is Bordeaux's extraordinary home record, they have not lost there since Jan (in the french cup) and you have to go back to Oct 2007 for a loss in the league..this may not carry too much weight if they were facing Manu or Barca but in Maccabi they face a side who I dont believe would be in the top 4 of France.. Bordeaux playmaker Gourcuff was a big doubt for the game which would have been a big problem, but he played most of the game at the weekend so should be fine, fellow first choice midfielder Gouffran is out..defender Ciani is 50/50..Maccabi have no injury problems.. Bordeaux's defence is the most important part of their team and is rock solid, they have only conceded one in four home games (a 4-1 win) and have won all their home games.. I have watched a few of Maccabi's games this season through betting on them in qualifying games and while they are good going forward they are dodgy at the back in particular I have severe reservations over their goalkeeper who made a horrendous error in the 4-3 victory over a poor Aktobe side at home in the qualifiers..they are poor markers at set pieces and I would be confident Bordeaux can take advantage..they pass the ball around well but I think Bordeaux know this is a must win game (coach Blanc has already said this) and will be very motivated in what i would hope will be a sell out game..Maccabi lost 3-0 at home against Bayern in their first game and like most sides from that part of the world, they are far better at home than away.. The 1.3 odds on a straight win are not appealing but the -1 handicap at 1.9 is..I will also be putting some money on the 1-0 correct scoreline (and maybe 2-0, 2-1) as I am a bit wary of a not overly potent home attack and will cover this possibility, but dont read too much into this I am confident of a two goal success..

Re: Champions League » Sep 29/30

Wolfsburg vs Manchester game is really intresting..man united defence has conceded ahell of alot of goals ovet the last few games and wolfsburg strike force is on good form aswell..maybe both teams to score looks a good opition here? i was also thinking the same with rangers vs sevilla game' date= sevilla won away on the weekend to bilbae which are a good team so sevilla must of played some good football plus rangers been in strange form reciently but are home team in SCOTLAND on a big day for them..both teams to score? maybe wait for team news but seems like a good one..what do you think?
rangers 1 - sevilla 4 - both teams to score:clap wonder if man united - wolf will both score..we'll see..

Re: Champions League 30th September can someone confirm it to me that both robben and ribery are not injured ??? heard some news in some local tv, and they are suppsed to be injured and missed the training yesterday ??? dont know how true it is, if someone could confirm me that, it would be helpful to decide in which team to put some money. Thanks in advance fellas

can someone confirm it to me that both robben and ribery are not injured ??? heard some news in some local tv, and they are suppsed to be injured and missed the training yesterday ??? dont know how true it is, if someone could confirm me that, it would be helpful to decide in which team to put some money. Thanks in advance fellas
Both were rested from training on Tuesday, but are expected to play. :ok

Re: Champions League 30th September CSKA v. Beskitas - CSKA @ 7/10 Personally think this is the bet of the night. With Besiktas not scoring in there last 5 games and doing a good job in holding out Man united in the last game until united reverted to two up front, it is hard to have much faith in them scoring here. There is also the different surface of pitch that Beskitas will have to contend with. After Villa's qualification match with CSKA O'Neill made it clear that he felt it gave the home side an advantage. Add to this the fact that they have only won 1 of their opening 6 games in the Turkish league and you have to fancy CSKA With regards to CSKA they have no injuries to contend with and are already well into there season where they sit 4th in the table amassing an average of 1.5 goals per game. Also think it could be worthwhile having a saver on under 2.5 goals at 4/5 With Besiktas problems in front of goal and the fact that they have only conceded 6 goals in their last 7 games in all competitions with 4 of those coming in the game against Galatasaray, then there is hope that they will be able to maintain CSKA from running riot.

Re: Champions League 30th September CSKA V Besiktas line-ups.... CSKA Moskva - 35 Akinfeev 2 Semberas 4 Ignashevich 6 Berezutski 10 Dzagoev 11 Mamaev 13 Mark Gonzalez 15 Odiah 17 Krasic 24 Berezutski 89 Necid Besiktas 1 Rustu 3 Ismail Koybasi 4 Ibrahim Kas 6 Sivok 8 Nihat 11 Mert Nobre 14 Tello 17 Ekrem Dag 23 Holosko 27 Ferrari 28 Ernst :ok:ok

after the bad evening yesterday i expect today to be a more productive day. odds on most of the favourites are low but they can be put together into a nice accumulator - i fancy Bordeaux, Real Madrid and Man U all to win their home games. in all the games i think it will be all about class difference and these teams should have no problems to get the 3 points. Real Madrid are on fire right now - they are going very well in La Liga winning all their matches and with goal difference 16:2. Team moral is high and as fas as im aware there are no serious injury problems in the team. Marseille on the other hand dropped on performance in the last several games so i dont think they will be able to do anything agains Real Man United - despite the non convincing start of the season for them they are improving with every game they play and getting the results they need - not that convincing as expected but thats not that important when you get what you need. Well, today i think it will be the same - they need a win and expect them to get it no matter how Bordeax - i have no real arguments about them but knowing more or less the team of Haifa i dont expect the visitors to be able to get something here. Gl all
I like your picks:clap Madrid and Bordeaux are both for 1,25 at Jetbull. I am a little sceptic about Manchester because Wolfsburg are German champions and Dzeko with Grafite are great. Grafite will try to show to the Brasilian coach that he should be in Brasilian team... The price on Manchester should be higher!

Re: Champions League 30th September United team news - Kuszczak, Evra, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Anderson, Giggs, Valencia, Owen, Rooney. It's an interesting selection for me. Foster is dropped to the bench. Fletcher out is a strange one, and Owen has been handed only his 2nd start.

Re: Champions League 30th September Handicap Double G for the oppositionoing for a double tonight, Real -1 and Bordeaux -1, both team are 5/6 with Bet 365 and i think both should really have too much for the opposition. Macabi travel to france following a 3-0 home defeat in the first game and Bordeaux will know it's a must win. Fany them 2-0 or 3-0. Real are facing a better teamin Marseille but theyhave been free scoring this year and will attack from the first whistle, with Benzema, Kaka,Ronaldo and also Raul all wanting to get among the goals i think it could be 4-1 or 5-1. Double 2.3/1:ok

Re: Champions League 30th September Ac Milan v Zurich Pick Zurick +2 @ 2.20 Cant give much reasoning but milan have started poorly in serie A, last two games losing 1-0 at udinese and drawing 0-0 with bari at home. Also, italian teams often sit on a lead rather than continue to press. The 1.50 under 2.5 goals wasnt worth taking so see this as better value. ZURICH +2 @ 2.10

It is a really awful wet damp night in Manchester and those are the type of conditions that :- 1. Man U thrive on. 2. Create plenty of mistakes. 3. Encourages lots of shots on goal resulting in corners. 4 bets for me in this game 1. Man U -1 on the handicap. 2. Over 2.5 goals. 3. Over 11 corners. 4. Man U on the corner handicap. Like other writers on this thread l am impressed with Bordeaux and expect them to win -1 goal tonight. Good luck to everyone..:hope:hope:hope

Re: Champions League 30th September B.Munich v Juventus Again, cant give solid reasoning, more of a hunch pick this one. B.Munich arent what they used to be and ive noticed a few inconsistent results the past 6 months with them. Whereas Juventus really do have a team to challenge in europe and domestically this season. Ive seen them 3 times this season and they are a real threat. Their 1-1 draw with bologna on sunday was unfortunate and they should have killed the game off earlier several times before bologna's 93rd min equaliser. I think diego is a fantastic player and returning to germany he will hopefully want to impress. DNB is prob better value but Munich can leak goals so im taking a chance on JUVENTUS win @ 3.80

Re: Champions League 30th September Agree about the damp conditions in M/cr tonight being good for corners. CL matches not usually flush with them, but Utd racking them up in the league ( 13, 11, 6 at OT), and Wolfsburg get their fair share with that strike force of theirs, and Misimovic liking a poke. Nice a/time price 11/2 for this fella 7 goals in 4 games domestically) but leaving alone. Man Utd team corners O 7 @ 10//1 PP. Over 12 attractive @ 13/8 SJ, but going for the jackpot..17+ corners @ 10/1 laddies.

Real Madrid vs Marseille Over 2.5 The lineups are out Madrid has weak defence, O.M strikers usually put away there chances and madrid at home always score :)
So 1.50 is value on this match? Seriously mate, your posts are awful and you seem to have no comprehension of value. Here, have a read http://www.onlinefreebets.co.uk/pages/value_betting_guide

I think that Wolfsburg will score, so do Manchester, they will not defend for all game. Germany team always playing punch by punch, they will not waiting for invitation to shooting. That will be a good game. I think that Wolfsburg score first, when Man will be slepping in first minutes, then The Reds will perform a massive attack. Over 2.5 @ 1,55 Bet at home
:clap CSKA Moscow 2 - 1 Besiktas (1 - 0) AC Milan 0 - 1 Zurich (0 - 1) APOEL 0 - 1 Chelsea (0 - 1) Bayern 0 - 0 Juventus (0 - 0) Bordeaux 1 - 0 M. Haifa (0 - 0) Manchester Utd 2 - 1 Wolfsburg (0 - 0) Porto 2 - 0 Atl. Madrid (0 - 0) Real Madrid 3 - 0 Marseille (0- 0) That was incredible, to 55 minutes of all matches (except CSKA) there were not over 2,5 in summary of seven matches... :loon Bet 1 for Bordeaux and Real (1,2) was the same.. it is incredible.