Coin Flip Quiz

deadlydaveLDN

Re: Coin Flip Quiz

Off the top of my head 89 suited? JT suited?
O.K I always thought 9/10 suited was best as you have slightly more chances of making a straight than j/10, You've missed it out all together. I would imagine the reason j/10 beats 9/10 is that there is slightly more chance of a split pot. Enlighten me? Having said all that I'd be far happier with A/K, my own personal security blanket.

Re: Coin Flip Quiz you can only get 3 more cards for the str8 ,so 10 j has the same possibility for a str8 as 9 10 but as you said ed the higher cards give a slightly better (and i mean slightly:loon)chance of stopping a split. maybe people are getting mixed up with the best hand vs aces:unsure(apart from the other aces :)) then it would be 89s i think:unsure(will check in the morning ) because 2 of your outs are gone if you have 10 j and with 9 10 theres also a chance the jqk straight might also have a ten that gives him the higher str8.

Re: Coin Flip Quiz

you can only get 3 more cards for the str8 ,so 10 j has the same possibility for a str8 as 9 10 but as you said ed the higher cards give a slightly better (and i mean slightly:loon)chance of stopping a split. maybe people are getting mixed up with the best hand vs aces:unsure(apart from the other aces :)) then it would be 89s i think:unsure(will check in the morning ) because 2 of your outs are gone if you have 10 j and with 9 10 theres also a chance the jqk straight might also have a ten that gives him the higher str8.
Thanks Ben, guess its just in my local pub game that a 6 card straight beats a five card straight:lol