** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Grex's HOMES; 558 selections; +5.1% yield

Grex

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites I think West Ham were lucky but the final scoreline is always final. Anyway, it's been a good ride since I started following this system at the start of the year. Even with a slightly different selections and odds, my yield is still a 14.6%. So you are the man to thank! :cheers Finally, you are welcome, ultravires. A forum is always a place to share our opinions. :ok

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites

I think I will draw a line under this system until next season..... the last 5 or 6 games of a season always throw up strange results with relegation-threatened teams pulling out all the stops.
Glad you stopped the system! Both selections Hull and Napoli not only failed to win yesterday, they even lost to their oppositions.

Congratulations on a good system Grex. I enjoyed following your progress' date=' particularly with the Serie A matches. Honorable mention to relf for your input too. Unfortunate that you couldn't finish on a more positive note.[/quote'] Thanks, Ultravires..... by the way, the nasty comments I made about Serie A in the "Silly Season" thread were perhaps a bit "over the top". It's a great league, and I'm sure the vast majority of games are not "fixed". I knew this would happen.... that's exactly why I stopped :rollin :)

Very interesting thread Grex' date=' will be looking forward to next season, may even do something similar myself.[/quote'] Thanks, Lucky Se7en...... I will do a further analysis at the end of the season to see if there would have been any merit in adjusting the odds threshold (1.45-1.80 according to Bet365). I will look forward to hearing of any "similar" system you come up with.... but one word of advice.... keep it simple :ok

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Thanks to Relf and Ultravires for continuing an interest in the system, even though it has officially stopped. I think I will definitely leave out the first 6 rounds and the last 6 rounds next season ;)

• 2 months later...

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Hi Grex, I've only just found PL and have been reading this thread with interest. Apologies for dragging it back up however I have one or two questions. First of all I'm working on my own system in relation to short priced home favourites, it will cover more leagues, selection of games will also be based on teams form etc and I'll be placing accumulators as opposed to single bets. With regards your system I'm wondering if yo have access to or could point me in the right direction of the historical odds for the games in this thread for the Draw No Bet market. I've been looking through your results and there were 20 losing bets as a result of draws with a total stake of 383.13. I'm curious to find out if your system would be more/less profitable in this market, given that the odds would be lower so your stakes would be higher to return 1% of the bank with each bet the total stakes lost on away wins would also be higher so this may negate the stakes returned as a result of draws. Anyway if you could point me in the right direction for the historical odds that would be great. Either way, great system, I'll look forward to September.

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Hi, Gerry.... and thanks for your interest in the "system". Regarding historical odds for DNB, may I suggest the free site, football-data.co.uk. It quotes AH odds for all major leagues - it used to quote the "balanced" AH odds e.g. AH(-0.25) 2.05 1.90, but for the past two seasons, for most of the games, it quotes the AH(0) odds which are the same as DNB. I asked the author of the site why he had changed the routine... he responded that the AH(0) market was now the most popular with punters. Regarding back-analysis of the sytem to compare the results using DNB..... unfortunately, a month ago my hard disk crashed and I lost all my data :wall:wall:wall:wall. So, I will have to start again from scratch for the new season.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Just a quick update on this thread.... it will officially be starting again in 2 weeks after the Premiership has passed the 6th round. I have just checked the results so far in the EP.... and they are BAD. There would have been 8 games that fell within the odds range, and only 3 ended up with a home win.... the yield would have been MINUS 38% :loon. Let's hope the strategy of waiting until after the sixth round pays dividends. :hope:hope:hope

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Hey good to know you'll be back i found this thread recently and i like the simplicity of it just one quick question, is there a way to check back the last lets say 5 season with matches just between late september to mid march ? (instead of back testing whole seasons) i think that some of the yield "loss" is during those periods I believe that if we find a time range which we should use this system we can get better yield. thank you

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Hi, MightyDuck.... when I developed the system through back-testing, it was based on data from football-data.co.uk. The results for the first 6 rounds and the last 6 rounds of each season (i.e. before early October and after late March) were a bit erratic, and that's why the system won't start for the EP until a week on Saturday.... and even later for Serie A. I hope that answers your question :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this thread.... it will officially be starting again in 2 weeks after the Premiership has passed the 6th round.
..... and, of course that was today.... I was sleeping and missed it. The only qualifying game from today was Spurs (odds 1.80) v Villa.... and Spurs duly won. So, a good start, although it can't be included in the results :cry. I will check to see if there is anything for tomorrow, and come back later :ok

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites This thread will go quiet for a bit.... the next EP matches are on 16 October, and Italy Serie A will join the fray on 24 October after they have passed the 6th round. Enjoy the internationals ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Hi Grex, Mightyduck asked you about backtesting. Do you have the figures to hand, stashed in a spreadsheet somewhere in the depths of your computers folder structure no doubt! I like these types of systems. Yield may be low but you turn over your money faster so your absolute profits are higher. Good luck this season, I've been stung in the conference this season betting heavy odds-on. Sticking to the top flights should be more consistent than the part-timers I put my money on.

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Hi, Matthew.... and thanks for your comments. Unfortunately I had a major disaster with my hard drive about 6 months ago.... lost everything (and please don't tell me I should back-up regularly :wall). However, it is a VERY simple system and I will try to recreate the backtesting with data from footballdata.co.uk when I have time..... or you could even try it yourself :tongue2

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Hi Grex, well done on this and your under over thread, I'm sure to be following both, while trying to perfect my own :hope. Just a quick question, you seem to do a lot of back testing, I've had a look at the football data site and think its a bit beyond my excel skills at the moment. Is it easier than it looks, or could you give me a push in the right direction. My excel skills come from the 'book for dummies' so I may need to improve that before I can go down this path, cheers, jimjohn.