** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Grex's HOMES; 558 selections; +5.1% yield

Grex

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Yup, apart from the loss from backing Liverpool :(, it's a great start to my day. My yield from following your system stands at 27.0%, but my yield from miscelleanous bets stands at -26.7%, so I wouldn't say my analysis is good. Perhaps I should be disciplined and stick to systems rather than pure judgment. :sad

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites I'm :hope on Juventus. Lol! Read from the Serie A thread that Juventus are missing a whole list of players. They are on a bad, bad run, with only 1 win (and 5 losses) in the last 6 league matches. In addition, they had midweek cup match with Inter while Lazio had the midweek off. And not forgetting, their manager just got the sack a few hours ago. The only consolation is that Lazio hasn't been too good away - 5 goals in 10 away matches. EDIT: Juventus have sacked first team coach Ciro Ferrara and appointed former AC Milan and Inter Milan boss Alberto Zaccheroni in his place until the end of the season. Just saw that Juventus have appointed a new manager. Things should be better now, assuming the players would be out to impress the new manager. Concern: Slight

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites

..... Just saw that Juventus have appointed a new manager. Things should be better now' date=' assuming the players would be out to impress the new manager......[/quote'] Yes, let's hope the "New Manager Honeymoon Period" theory works this time :hope

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites I don't know guys. On the face of it it doesn't look like a good appointment. I don't know a lot about Zach except that he loves to play 3-4-3 and hasn't had a decent job in a long time. I am worried for Juve with that formation, but that doesn't mean they cannot win for your system Grex. :hope

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Despite following the system as well, I agree with your concerns too. I'm especially worried about Chelsea-Arsenal. Arsenal definitely knows that if they lose this match, they will be 9 points behind Chelsea, which means their title chances are, I would say, 0%. This means they will probably ensure that, by hook or by crook, they at least hold Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Palermo are unbeaten at home in the league, with 7 wins and 4 draws. Birmingham have shown that they are far more superior than Wolves, as shown in the league table. I really can't see these 2 teams losing at their home ground, let's hope the draws have gone far far away this weekend. :hope

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites I am enjoying this thread, and im watching with great interest, but i do have one question about the reserved nature of the stakes. You seem to have a system that has average odds of around 1.6, and a strike rate of 70%, so why only use 1% bank stakes? Im not arguing against the system as it clearly works, but for me a system with those stats would be quite safe with a stakes increase to around 5%.

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Thanks for your interest, Skinnyman. I agree that the greater your % stakes, the higher will be your running profit - but the real measure of the success (or failure) of a system is the yield..... and it makes no difference to the yield whether you use stakes of 1%, 5% or 20% of your bank.

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites Yes, that's me, since the start of 2010. But I don't put equal stakes on every matches though - a little more on matches that I'm more confident and vice versa, as well as, increasing the amount during loss recovery (with a maximum limit though).

....... increasing the amount during loss recovery (with a maximum limit though).
You're a brave man :loon....... my original "loss-recovery" system (18.8% yield) is not performing as well as "flat stakes" (21.8% yield) or "1% bank stakes" (22.0% yield). Good luck anyway, Relf :ok

Re: Short Priced Home Favourites :clap It's been an awesome week so far! I only took Fulham but I guess any amount of profit is good enough! Happened to read the match reports and it was mentioned that the first two goals by Fulham were both offside. So we are lucky? Haha. :loon

.... Happened to read the match reports and it was mentioned that the first two goals by Fulham were both offside. So we are lucky? Haha. :loon
Lucky?..... probably.... but these things have a habit of evening out.... probably, tonight the marginal decisions will go against us :\