Tennis: US Open

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: US Open Event Djokovic v Stepanek Selection +37.5 games Price Ladbrokes @ 1.91 Strength 10/10 Reasoning Even though i'm expecting Djokovic to win this one, i fancy each set to be extremely tight, with at least one going to tie-break, and i also think Stepanek will take a set himself, a tight match is on the cards and Ladbrokes price is quite good.

Re: Tennis: US Open

I follow tennis but not fully. What is up with Nadal? I get the imperssion his form has dipped but I don't know why. I'm trying to work out whether I should put money on him against Monfils. Yes or no?
Coming back from knee injury. Hasn't looked his best since. Plus in match against Almagro was struggling with an abdominal injury, it was definately affecting his serve towards the end. And, he's not great the US Open anyway (combination of balls, surface and part of the season). About the Monfils match, Monfils beat him at the start of the year on hardcourts in Doha.

Re: Tennis: US Open murray - čilić under 33 @1.99, 10bet I expect an easy win for Muzza here. Čilić isn't the type of player which could do serious damage to Murray at this moment cause he has no weapons against him. Murray already destroyed one strong server Dent in the last round and he's better in all aspects of the game. I couldn't decide between this and 3-0 @1.75. I decided for this one because of better odds. I doubt Čilić can go twice to TB. monfils - nadal monfils @2.62, betfair I was thinking a lot about this match and i just couldn't resist taking these odds. Considering Rafa's fitness problems, and frenchmans solid performances on USO so far, it absolutely makes sense. Nadal is still unfit and he could have problems against very good baseliner like Monfils, who btw serves surprisingly well atm. Monfils has at least 40% chance to upset Rafa, so mathematically speaking, this can't be missed. tsonga - gonzalez tsonga @1.80, betfair Acceptable odds for me here. JWT raising his game day by day and he simply trashed solid Bennetau in last round. On the other hand Gonzo's results aren't surprising. Chilean is a very consisten and from my experience thrustworthy player who wins when is a favourite and doesn't makes too much upsets. These two have similar styles but JWT athleticism and stamina is sometime very impressive and he is usally at his best against favourites and higher ranked players. del potro - ferrero del potro -6.5 @1.82, pinnacle JMDP covered this line all three times so far in USO, playing against Monaco, Melzer and Koellerer. His quality performances and good physical shape made one of the favourites for the title out of him. On the other hand, his compatriot found his way through here by winning Santoro, Pezschner and Simon and had problems more or less in all three games. If Del Potro avoids his blackouts during the game he won't have too many problems covering this handicap. I expect that it will go up for at least one game tommorow.

Re: Tennis: US Open Nadal over Monfils @ 4/7 Got to go with Nadal here.Has a winning record over Monfils and is simply better in most departments.Odds are inflated because of this abdominal strain Nadal has but we'll see how he's affected by that.If worse comes to worse he retires during the match.He's still easing his way back to form but has had a pretty tricky run so far with Gasquet,Kiefer and Almagro.....I don't think Nadal has been as bad as is suggested.Main reason for this bet is I can't see Monfils winning 3 sets off Nadal - has strong serve and can power that forehand at times, defends well too but is also inconsistent and passive at times.Dont think Monfils has the belief to beat Nadal over 5 sets at the US open.We'll see. GL!

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Jo Wilfreid Tsonga v Fernando Gonzalez
Selection Fernando Gonzalez
Strength 10/10
Date 08/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.32 (Back)
Reasoning Very happy to take Gonzalez as underdog opportunity. Both play similar game with serve and forehand to win points. Tsonga better on serve but Gonzalez better on forehand. I think the key is Gonzalez smarter player, and he will be able to make the points played the way he wants. Tsonga is capable of incredible level, but I think he will have to reach that to beat Gonzalez, so like this price.

Re: Tennis: US Open Women's US Open Outright Caroline Wozniacki E/W @ 7/1...(1/3 odds , place 1&2) Not much in the singles matches from what I can see today.Now looks the time to get on Wozniacki e/w.I went with Kuznetsova last night but have to say Caroline is playing some good stuff right now.Not my type of player as she's usually consistent without being aggressive enough but she draws errors from her opponents.Next up is Oudin and this could be a tough one...however all Oudin had to do was keep the ball in play against Petrova and she'd make an error.Don't think Wozniacki will be so careless.Wickmayer and Bondarenko are in the other semi and I see neither beating Wozniacki should she get past Oudin.Her price against Oudin is 4/9 and she'll probably be similar or lower(1/3 maybe) in the semi should she get there.Value here is to go with the E/W to win the tournament (i.e get to final) at odds of well over 2/1....(3.33)

Re: Tennis: US Open S.Williams v Pennetta - over 19.5 games @ 1.95 (4/10) Pennetta on top of her form,full of confidence on hard courts this summer should give big resistance to defending champ tonight.She's the one who could take the first set of the defending champ Serena this year on USO.Was better in the first set winning it 7-6 in Miami last year although she was beaten at the end.Should be a tough three setter,even two 64 for one of them could cover the line.:hope

Re: Tennis: US Open I fancy Oudin to beat Wozniacki. Oudin has this rep as someone who might lack the required patience to play attritional tennis with Caroline but I think the backhand slice will enable her to grind it out and I think when the time comes she's got the power to put the ball away, whereas we know Wozniacki isn't the biggest hitter. I think if, and I suppose it is a fairly substantial IF, Oudin keeps her head, then she should win this match.

Sport Tennis
Event Kim Clijsters v Na Li
Selection Na Li
Strength 10/10
Date 08/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betdaq @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning Surely price is too low on Clijsters. Came through crazy match against Venus where she played excellent but this could be just as tough. Na Li coming back from knee injury and has looked great in this tournament, improving every match and looking strong. She's the type that can cause a big surprise but it would be no surprise to me if she won today.

I fancy Oudin to beat Wozniacki. Oudin has this rep as someone who might lack the required patience to play attritional tennis with Caroline but I think the backhand slice will enable her to grind it out and I think when the time comes she's got the power to put the ball away, whereas we know Wozniacki isn't the biggest hitter. I think if, and I suppose it is a fairly substantial IF, Oudin keeps her head, then she should win this match.
Too late for me..already gone with Wozniacki to reach final...:hope Dunno about Oudin.Obviously immensely talented but her opponents have also handed her the initiative.Didn't think it was possible for Petrova to match Sharapova's haul of UE's but she came close.Yet for the first set and a half she was out-playing Oudin then once the pressure rose she couldn't find a first serve and was going for too much on her shots.Think Wozniacki will defend better than Nadia did and will also not be rushed into hitting winners. See how this one goes tomorrow.

Too late for me..already gone with Wozniacki to reach final...:hope Dunno about Oudin.Obviously immensely talented but her opponents have also handed her the initiative.Didn't think it was possible for Petrova to match Sharapova's haul of UE's but she came close.Yet for the first set and a half she was out-playing Oudin then once the pressure rose she couldn't find a first serve and was going for too much on her shots.Think Wozniacki will defend better than Nadia did and will also not be rushed into hitting winners. See how this one goes tomorrow.
Yeah, I'm watching the Wozniacki-kuznetsova match and Wozniacki does seem to be a bit more aggressive than I've seen in the past and she also has a natural consistency. I can definately see a case for Wosniacki being too consistent for Oudin but equally I can see Oudin doing a Lisicki job on her ala Wimbledon. I think it's worth a punt anyway.

Re: Tennis: US Open kuzie, kuzie, kuzie!!threw that match away!well in control!!anyway, i hate final set tie-breaks!out of 57 of d final set tie break bets that ive betted on in my betting career, i've lost 41 of them!!!pretty sick right!!but feck it, i'm not gonna complain coz at d end of d day theres 1 billion people in d world who dont have access to clean drinking water !!life could be worse!!!

Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams v Flavia Pennetta
Selection Serena Williams -4.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 08/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning This handicap looks excellent. I said before how well Pennetta is playing this tournament, and she is, BUT the serve is bad. % too low and Serena will kill the 2nd serve. Serena has looked excellent this tournament, and is incredible under the lights. I think she gives out a beating tonight.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Gael Monfils
Selection Gael Monfils
Strength 10/10
Date 08/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.74 (Back)
Reasoning I like Monfils tonight for the upset. Nadal clearly not at his best and now looks like having abdominal problem. He got through against Almagro who also had injury problem but surely this will be so tough. Monfils has beaten Nadal on hard courts before so should have more belief than guys like Amagro and Kiefer. Plus the night match atmosphere surely a big plus for Monfils who will love it!

Re: Tennis: US Open Williams - Pennetta Pure underestimation of italian girl by the bookies. Serena's win is priced at 1.20, that is absolutely worth of laying but i decided to go with this bet "for real". Pennetta was brilliant so far in the tournament if we don't count first two sets against Zvonareva. However, se saved 6 match points in that match, that means she doesn't have psychological problems and she absolutely shouldn't have any in this match where she's tagged as a heavy under dog. Serena is favourite, no doubt about that, but Pennetta is absolutely able to make some problems here, maybe even to take one set. This line is too low, and we also have odds over 2.00, so take it while you can. Pick: Over 20 @2.10 - 5dimes

Re: Tennis: US Open I thought Pennetta showed a few cracks against Zvonareva, the Russian however had a characteristic meltdown and this opened the door for Pennetta's fantastic scrapping and determination to come to the fore and she gained an extra leg. I just think this might be the end of the road for Pennetta's fantastic run and Serena to win it easily. under 20.5 @ 1.80 sportingbet

I thought Pennetta showed a few cracks against Zvonareva, the Russian however had a characteristic meltdown and this opened the door for Pennetta's fantastic scrapping and determination to come to the fore and she gained an extra leg. I just think this might be the end of the road for Pennetta's fantastic run and Serena to win it easily. under 20.5 @ 1.80 sportingbet
bingo! :) Pennetta kept her game up there to my surprise but thankfully Serena won the bet

Re: Tennis: US Open Prices a bit short today....fancy Djokovic and Wozniacki but not at those prices(though have Wozniacki to ge to final from her half). Will do one bet though. Federer vs Soderling: over 9.5 games in 1st set @ 4/5 (Ladbrokes) Have some good luck in bets like these.Like how Soderling is playing right now....strong on serve, powerful groundstrokes aswell.Was impressive against in-form Querrey and led 2-1 against Davydenko before he retired.Fed should win the match but I think Soderling can put it up to him and at least make sets close.Wouldnt be surprised to see a 7-5 or a tie-break in the 1st set. GL!

I have a feeling about Cramer and his picks for today' date='especially for the Đoković-Verdasco match ;) but lets just wait and see,although I'm pretty sure who's he going to pick :D :D[/quote'] :lol:lol You back Verdasco and I'll back Djokovic:ok

Re: Tennis: US Open Think Verdasco is struggling with some niggles according to reports.Playing well but Djokovic is going along nicely right now...battered Stepanek and seems to be happy again going on that little show he put on with McEnroe...:loon...I'd say Djoker in 4 but not putting any money on it. Now Murray is out, I don't care who wins to be honest....:lol... but would love to see Del Potro or Gonzalez do it.

Re: Tennis: US Open Oudin - Wozniacki Firsly , there will be big pressure on Oudin in this US-open quarter final match. But can Wozniacki dominate all of the match ? No ,i think. Wozniacki's game style based on making defence. Her attacking abilities is limited. But making defence against top players is very hard for Wozniacki because her muscles are not strong now , and playing defensive style for all of the match against top players makes Wozniacki being tired. Oudin is not top player now.However , i think oudin can punish the defensive shots of Wozniacki , because Oudin has the ability to do it. Wozniacki's 2 nd serve is disaster.This will be the biggest problem for Wozniacki in this match. Also The serves of Oudin is bad. So in this match there will be too many breaks. This will be a close match i think.Even if Wozniacki wins 6-4 ; 6-4 , i will win my bet. Oudin +4.5 games @1.85