Tennis: US Open

Re: Tennis: US Open

Sport Tennis
Event Jesse Witten v Maximo Gonzalez
Selection Maximo Gonzalez
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 2.54 (Back)
Reasoning Surely nice price on Gonzalez. Much more experience at tour level, and simply better player. He fight well against Beck and afterwards say he gaining confidence on hard courts. Witten benefit from Andreev non-effort. I don't see him much but he's just a poor player and looks very out of shape.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: US Open M Gonzalez v Witten, M Gonzalez @2.52 Unibet Game between typical claycourter(Gonzalez) and even more typical hardcourter(Witten). Gonzalez really has poor score on hard courts, most respected name he won on this surface this year was veteran Vicente in Salinas. However he did made few decent results on clay, passed two rounds at RG, finals in Torino... Witten is 27-year old American, like i said, typical hardcourter with only few matches this year out of this surface.He mostly plays on challengers but also has no big results, quarter finals in Carson and Grandby, mostly because of the easy draw he had there. I can agree with the fact that Witten has more experience on this surface, i even can agree that he is playing great so far here in USO. He won Soeda, Peya and Bohli in quals and demolished Andreev in the first round with 3-0. Imho, that result is the cause of such weird odds. 2.54 on, after all, higher ranked Argentinian is too much from my point of view. Both of these players are evenly poor, Witten's only advantage is more games on this surface but quality can replace that and Gonzalez has definetly more quality.

Sport Tennis
Event Zheng Jie v Alize Cornet
Selection Zheng Jie -1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Cornet is mess at the moment, bad serve, errors and generally bad play. Just about managed to win against Adamczak but now Zheng much tougher! Zheng is strong player and can come alive in big events, after good start against Groenefeld can't see any problems here.
Sport Tennis
Event Sharar Peer v Carla Suarez Navarro
Selection Lay Carla Suarez Navarro (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.00 (Lay)
Reasoning I watch Peer in first round and she was excellent against Szavay, groundstrokes very strong and aggressive without errors. It looked like the Peer from a couple of years ago when she was very strong. Also had some good crowd support that seemed to help. Suarez Navarro is definate clay court player, really struggles on hard courts. Worry is that she is a big event player, like in Australia beating Venus Williams but I don't like her chances in this match up.

Re: Tennis: US Open Youzhny v Chiudinelli, Youzhny(-2.5) @2.30 Expekt These ods are a bit too high if you ask me. True, Mischa is known as a shaky and unreliable player most of the time, but IMO that comes above the surface only when he's under serious pressure and Chiudinelli shouldn't be that caliber to produce enough. What i'm affraid the most is 1st set against PHM, where Mischa was too nervous and made some crucial mistakes which allowed Mathieu to win the set but after that he didn't get anything from the Russian guy. Yuozhny swept the frenchman and continued his solid streak in hard courts season. Swiss is far from top 100, and he's not that material. He's 28 years old, i doubt he'll ever reach it. It seems that he has lots of experience playing on hard courts, but only on challengers where he didn't achieved anything special.Tbh i never watched him but his results are indicating that he's not up to this challenge. Hope Youzhny won't have his blackout in this match.

Re: Tennis: US Open GG Lopez v Robredo, GG Lopez @3.09 Pinnacle Didn't had too much success with hitting underdogs on USO but i'll keep pushing, it has to pay back. What i see here is Robredo's name and current ranking heavily affecting odds on his win against more or less solid GGL who struggled against Polansky in five long sets to get here. Robredo, on the other hand, didn't showed much on lately. We can't be wrong about one thing, Robredo is out of form, and without serious result for longer time now. GGL had few noticeable wins lately on this surface against players similar quality and form to Robredo's, like Youzhny and Verdasco. For less than 2.80 i wouldn't touch this, but at current odds, GGL is a nice value.

Re: Tennis: US Open Safina D - Barrois (Safina -6.5) 2.10!!! Safina 2-0 1.29!!! Dinara struggled a little bit at her fist mach! psichologicaly now she is very strong and won't let go any chance today! Just a huge class advantage for russian tennis star! high stake on 2-0 set! Also i fancy to combine Micha Youzhny to win ! + Dinara's set's! anyway gl with your bet's!! Hope that this year US open will earn some easy money in this hard economical time :cheers

Safina D - Barrois (Safina -6.5) 2.10!!! Safina 2-0 1.29!!! Dinara struggled a little bit at her fist mach! psichologicaly now she is very strong and won't let go any chance today! J
Hmm, Safina and psychological strength are not too good with each other imo, but good luck with that. ;)

Re: Tennis: US Open i actually think barrois has enough variety in her game to make things uncomfortable 4 safina and think she can get 2 over 17 games but sure its in dinaras hands really!wouldnt be confident of her firing on all cylinders just yet but we'll see! i like d overs instead of handicap coz dinara is always likely 2 win a set 6-1!! anyway,i think the banker accumulator is CIRSTEA,LISICKI PETROVA AND VERDASCO with boyles at almost evens!! and i quite like garbin 2 win at 11-8!its a good price!she is a solid match player and i wouldnt read 2 much into kvitovas beating of kleybanova as kleybanovas form has been very disappointing this year!kvitova is a wildly in consistent player, can play stunning groundstrokes at time but 4 me she is a bit like the mallise or korolev of womens tennis!!and she's comin up against the niemenen of womens tennis today! also fancy murray2 beat d handicap! robredo!! wozniacki to beat the handicap! a zheng, youzny double at 4-6 with boyles! and kevin kim 2 beat 8.5 handicap wit powers! and finally gonzalez!! good luck gamblers!!

i actually think barrois has enough variety in her game to make things uncomfortable 4 safina and think she can get 2 over 17 games but sure its in dinaras hands really!wouldnt be confident of her firing on all cylinders just yet but we'll see! i like d overs instead of handicap coz dinara is always likely 2 win a set 6-1!! anyway,i think the banker accumulator is CIRSTEA,LISICKI PETROVA AND VERDASCO with boyles at almost evens!! and i quite like garbin 2 win at 11-8!its a good price!she is a solid match player and i wouldnt read 2 much into kvitovas beating of kleybanova as kleybanovas form has been very disappointing this year!kvitova is a wildly in consistent player, can play stunning groundstrokes at time but 4 me she is a bit like the mallise or korolev of womens tennis!!and she's comin up against the niemenen of womens tennis today! also fancy murray2 beat d handicap! robredo!! wozniacki to beat the handicap! a zheng, youzny double at 4-6 with boyles! and kevin kim 2 beat 8.5 handicap wit powers! and finally gonzalez!! good luck gamblers!!
Well, i don't like bet 4 or 5 bets in one, because of mathematical chance to lose it, despite odds :) but gl if you will go for it :) Maybe with verdasco i'll go in too :dude gl:hope

Re: Tennis: US Open i reckon safina has whethered the storm fitsruhas!!so ya still might win ur bet!best thing that could ever have happened her was 2 lose that first set!my overs bet has come in anyway!by d way, i dont have all those bets in one!they r all single bets!!i know i do 2 many bets but its d grand slams and im going all out!!good luck with safina!!

i reckon safina has whethered the storm fitsruhas!!so ya still might win ur bet!best thing that could ever have happened her was 2 lose that first set!my overs bet has come in anyway!by d way' date=' i dont have all those bets in one!they r all single bets!!i know i do 2 many bets but its d grand slams and im going all out!!good luck with safina!![/quote'] Yea you were right! well yea Dinara still can beat that margin but i don't thik so. The way she plays today it's imposible to beat 6-2 in final set. she made a double foults and unforced mistakes in the way the Safina should not do that. My first bet was on 2-0 set's, and went away from me. i've lost bit money :wall next time i'll be little bit carefully within. The mistakes you made, after that you are bit carfully and come back even better :) Any thoughts on Verdasco 3-0? :) or any bet's taht still available tonight :)

Re: Tennis: US Open Carla Suarez-Navarro 13/8 BET365 2/1 Betfair She plays Peer tonight at 9:15uk time Peer was an early starter and won titles at 16. She’s 22 now and had a bad two years slipping from 15th rank down to current 64. US Open Quarter-finalist in 2007 and also made Oz QFs. However I like Navarro and although she has been hit with niggling injuries she is not the sort to cry about it she is a battler and really gritty and if she can stay injury free i think she can win a slam within 5 years . Their is real value in this and peer at 4/9 I do not understand Navarro on her day could make a mockery of the 13/8 and 2/1 available if she turns up and is on her A game. Cheers Adam

Re: Tennis: US Open what the hell is wrong with cirsteas serve!this one might go 2 a final set breaker and im very unlucky in those!anyway,fitsruha, yeah i think verdasco will win easy!! prob 3-0! i also like novaks chance of winning comfortably tonight as well and really like d under 29 games bet!but we'll see!those bets r always a bit dodgy but i just cant help myself! totally agree with ur thought on carla navarro adam!i think she is a class act on her day!and just cant believe her price!i think peers style will suit her too!peer is looking in good form though so i wouldnt lump on carla but ill have 2 take a bet coz if she brings her a-game which she usually does at slams ,ithink she will win!1

Re: Tennis: US Open Mayer v Stepanek, Stepanek(-2.5 sets) @3.10 Centrebet I normally like Meyer, argentinian 22-years old all-rounder. He has talent, and few nice results lately, but today his journey at USO will end. Radek is simply a lot more consistent, has experience of playing on such big and important tournaments and surface suits him well. Radek didn't had too many problems against italian Bollelli 2 days ago, winning in three straight sets while Mayer defeated Golubev in four. I don't think that argentinian can surprise Radek with something, i reccomend you to take everything higher than 3.00.

Re: Tennis: US Open :clap Needed this one to be in tiny profit for the day. Was on the overs in Haas match,with double stake than on the unders in Isner's match.Placed overrated Wicky and Zheng in a double what somehow turned out to be a winner,they've both made a comeback and won.Could have been worse! Didn't had time to post my bets yesterday,won't be case today but after I get some sleep,tempted by Istomin and Benneteau.

Carla Suarez-Navarro 13/8 BET365 2/1 Betfair She plays Peer tonight at 9:15uk time Peer was an early starter and won titles at 16. She’s 22 now and had a bad two years slipping from 15th rank down to current 64. US Open Quarter-finalist in 2007 and also made Oz QFs. However I like Navarro and although she has been hit with niggling injuries she is not the sort to cry about it she is a battler and really gritty and if she can stay injury free i think she can win a slam within 5 years . Their is real value in this and peer at 4/9 I do not understand Navarro on her day could make a mockery of the 13/8 and 2/1 available if she turns up and is on her A game. Cheers Adam

Match Summary

Well lost 2-0 she really shoudn't of played she could hardly stand at the end. Her coach and advisors need to tell her to rest. She is one of those charachters that hates to miss games/slams through little injuries. But if she keeps playing she is going to seriously do herself some damage. She is not a Venus or Serena williams who is big with loads of power she is a tiny thing and can't compensate for a little injury. If she continues to play through injury then only way is down for a player that i think has a lot to offer to the womens game. Talking of injuries i can't play football for 6 months (damaged nerve in foot) but i still am....could someone please give me some of my own advice above :$ This is for you Carla Navarro:spankstop playing injured!!!

Re: Tennis: US Open I Just Want To Apologise 4 My Horror Show Of Tipping Yesterday!!!its Weird But Ever Since The Us Open Last Year,i've Always Had A Great Day For D First 3 Days And A Woeful Thursday!!i Think Im Gonna Call It Black Thursday!!the Handicap Bets Havent Been Too Kind 2 Me Either!beginning 2 Think I Should Stick 2 The Single Bets And Accumulators!!luckily I Backed Oudin In Running After She Lost The First Set!i Was Wrong!!she Is No Way Over Rated And Is D Real Deal!she's Got That Rare Quality Of Being Able 2 Close Out Matches When D Pressure Is Really On And I Think In D Future She Will Always Be Worth Backing In-running If She Gets Into A Close Battle With Someone Of Similar Ability!!a Bit Like Cirstea!anyway, I Hope 2 Get Back On Form Today With My Tips!still Well Up So Dont Need 2 Go Chasing And Makin Panic Bets Just Yet!!!

Re: Tennis: US Open Not a whole lot today it seems.Tomorrow's card looks a whole lot better with nicer prices like Verdasco/Haas. Will do a couple of smaller bets today, lower stress but hopefully win: Na Li x JCFerrero @ anything from 1.87 - Evens Na Li plays Kirilenko today.Watched her match with De Brito and she was aggressive, moving her around the court making angles very well.Pretty strong hardcourt player overall, had good results earlier in the year in IW and Miami.Also reached R16 here twice which is quite good.Kirilenko typically loses to higher ranked players - good win over Radwanska where she played good aggressive game against passive player.Expect alot of winners and of course UE's but have to side with Na Li here. Wasn't sure between JCF and Simon but think JCF is better option. Can't see anything but a win here.Top player and has good results over the summer.Petzchner is improving player but a bit overrated in my view.JCF here. Murray/Capdeville 1st set under 9.5 games @ 1/2 Usually do these type of bets when two big servers meet,but can't see Capdeville causing Murray any problems here.Strong on serve,one of the best returners in the game,consistent in rallies and better than his opponent in every area.Question is does he start quickly..I say he does.6-3 doesn't seem unreasonable for Murray here. GL!

Re: Tennis: US Open I Have Two Bets So Far!the First I Really Fancy A Lot! It Is Josselin Ouanna Plus 7.5 Games Against Gonzalez!that Was A Good Win He Had Against Ram In The First Round, He's Made Very Good Progress This Year, A Good Third Round Effort At Roland Garros Where He Got Beaten By Gonzalez By 7-5, 6-3,7-5! I Know Thats 7 Games But They Were Three Tight Sets And It Was Third Round When Gonzo Was Just Finding His Fying Form! Ouanna Has A Big Serve,which Would Arguably Be A Bigger Weapon On Hard Courts And I Think He Would Be Harder 2 Break!if Ya Look At Gonzos Results Over The Last Few Years In The Early Rounds Of Grandslams He Never Really Hammers Inferior Opponents And Often Drops Games!he Is D Type Of Player That Foes On Streaks And Often Gives Away A Few Cheap Games On Return! Ouanna Is Improving Steadily This Year And He Doesnt Drop D Head Or Give Up Easily So I Cant See A 6-1 Type Set On D Scoreboard! I Think 7.5 Is Too Big A Handicap! A 4-6,6-7,2-6 Score Would Be Good Enough So I Reckon It Should Be Backed At 5-6 With Powers! My Other Tip Is 4 The Benneteau-troiki Game To Beat The 39.5 Overs!!ask Urself When Was The Last Time Either Of These Players Won A Grandslam Match In Straight Sets!!its A Very Rare Occasion!!!both Players Inclined To Have Mental Lapses And Then Go On Streaks And Both Men Have Great Competitive Spirit And Wont Go Down Easy!!and Id Add That To The Fact That They Are Both Very Evenly Matched With The Slight Edge Given To Benneteau!i Can See This Going To 5!!and Definately 4 Unless Troiki Is Still Feeling The Effects Of His Injury Problems!!it Really Really Does Have Marathon Match Written All Ovewr It....more Than Any Other Match This Championships So Ill Go With The Overs On This One!!!good Luck!!

Sport Tennis
Event Marin Cilic v Jesse Levine
Selection Jesse Levine +4.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 04/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning I like Levine, good player and can cause trouble here. Sometimes he serves awful but when it's OK he's very effective. Home crowd I expect good performance and think he's keep this match very close. Cilic, not so sure about him. Sometimes just too many errors. He didn't look great in first round and this I think be bigger struggle.

Re: Tennis: US Open Monfils v A Beck, Mofils(-2.5 sets) @1.83 Bet365 Monfils shouldn't have too much problems with left handed German claycourter. Beck has too much ups and downs in his game, what he showed against Korolev in 3rd and 4th set. Monfils looked impressive against his compatriot Chardy, beating him 3-0 and giving him no chance at all. This should be an easy win for him. Dent v Navarro Pastor, Dent (-2.5 sets) @3.40 Expekt I like this one a lot. Dent was showing really great stuff agains F Lopez in the opening round. No need to talk much about his serve&volley game, but he really looked inspired, motivated. He coped well to FL with his baseline shots and and his serve was working well. I still have no idea how did Navarro managed to win Karlo in 3 sets, but on the other hand, Karlovic's psychology on GS is known to everyone so... Navarro can't become a different player over night, he's a challenger claycourter after all, and in the match against motivated Dent his chances are really slim. Bennetau v Troicki, Bennetau (-2.5 sets) @3.70 10bet French all-rounder is in solid shape lately, he reached quarter finals in Cinci where he lost to Murray in 3 sets, making lots of troubles for Murray and before that he eliminated Melzer and GGL. He did lost one set to Cipolla in the opening round. Troicki had a long and exhausting five setter against Luczak, claycourter which plays mostly on challengers and is not even close to this level of tennis. His foot injury is not a history yet, five sets could make it worse and even if he'll make it for the whole match, i doubt he can get something today. Bennetau is showing a good signs of his form, and Troicki is prone to fall apart if something goes wrong for him.

Sport Tennis
Event Pablo Cuevas v Daniel Koellerer
Selection Lay Daniel Koellerer (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.20 (Lay)
Reasoning Cannot see chances for Koellerer here, he is just not hard court player. He come through because of draw against Rui Machado is nice but can't see him getting further. Cuevas is good on hard courts, he serves surprisingly well and gets a lot of aces. I see him being far too strong in this match.
Sport Tennis
Event Taylor Dent v Ivan Navarro
Selection Lay Ivan Navarro (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.76 (Lay)
Reasoning Dent played excellently in first match against Lopez, and I think the key was the matchup. Both could play they own serve and volley game and it was just who did it best. Today we'll see same match up which is why I think Dent will be good. He's got great support and the American crowd really wants to see him do well. Navarro serve and volley too but not so good at it. He got win over Karlovic which is impressive, but think that's more down to bad Karlovic play.
Sport Tennis
Event Daniela Hantuchova v Vania King
Selection Vania King
Strength 10/10
Date 04/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 3.60 (Back)
Reasoning King excellent in last match against Stosur, and now this price looks big for another big win. People say Stosur was poor, which is true, but still I liked the way King was playing. Hantuchova seems to struggle a little, making a lot of matches tough and she definately could lose this.
Sport Tennis
Event Flavia Pennetta v Aleksandra Wozniak
Selection Under 20.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 04/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Under 20.5 looks excellent here. Pennetta is in kill mode, 3 bagels in 4 sets played so far! She looks in excellent shape and I can't see her being extended beyond 6-4 in any set in this match. Wozniak won against Mauresmo, but I don't know what happened, Mauresmo was in control then it completly dell apart. Don't think she's playing too well and Pennetta should crush.

Re: Tennis: US Open Benneteau @ 1.57 (8/10) at bookie that pays out if Benneteau win by retirement!Agree with everything that Corinthian said about this match,but straight win is my choise,much safer imo. King v Hantuchova - over 20.5 games @ 1.8 (4/10) Expecting this one to be decided in the third.King is coming after great win over Stosur in the last round and surely sees good chance against Hantuchova who drop a set with Shaughnessy in R1 and strugled with Bacsinsky too in R2.Quality's on Daniela side but it seems that King atm is in better form.Match is going to be played on Arthur Ashe what should be inspiration plus for both.Should be interesting tight game. Will see how it goes,may have a punt on Istomin later. GL all

Re: Tennis: US Open i think melzer has a tricky style that will unsettle del potro for a while!!lots of dropshots and excellent net play as well as pure aggression...he wont play into del poptros hands!! and juan is often likely 2 have a lapse in concentrationin these early round matches!so i reckon the over 30 games is a great bet at evens with powers!melzer can definately get him to some tiebreaks and then he'll lack the balls!also, the 7.5 handicap is good price at 6-5 with pps!just a bit scared del potro coild win a set 6-1!