** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Betfair Challenge - Team Kent

GaF

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Kent Trying to get my head around what would make me make a call liker that.... - Impatience - I was only playing the one table, trying to focus on it more - I'm not used to playing 1 table and think I'd have been better off with other tables open - lack of respect for the other players - the other players are overaggressive - they want to gamble - they raise and reraise with nothing - consequently I'm a disbeliever - I never believe they have it and always think they're trying it on. I hit 2nd pair and think it's the nuts against them!! I MUST respect my opponents!

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Kent no worries trev:ok i'm the same ,hate making mistakes but we all do it occasionally:\ if you dont feel the best about playing tomorrow i'm happy to play,however i have full faith in your ability and think you should play as long as your not feeling a bit tilty. funnily enough i think the whole team element puts a whole lot of extra pressure on us:cry even hen said that at nottingham and he's won 3:lol even if i'm cashing i'm not happy unless i'm winning:eyes,usually i wouldnt feel so bad but hen hasnt helped by winning half the games hes played:) as it is we are still top by a decent margin and :hopewe'll stay top ,coz although the prize is the same 2nd is for losers ;)

:eek Wow I'm shocked. One suit flop is always hard to play, but here is what I was thinking. I loved you under bet on the flop. The only call you going to get, some one with big clubs, trips or maybe two pair. You get a caller. When you put half of your stack on meaningless turn, I could only think of you having trips or some kind of flush (didn't think you'd bet on naked K) Now that I know what you had, I absolutely hate your bet :eyes. After his flop call, I wouldn't think he will be chasing with naked K. You have a position and great spot to control the pot, check the turn and go from there. If you have really good hand, I understand your bet on the turn and protecting it, but you didn't have it. You were beaten by dozens of hands. After another rag on the river, he would've bet regardless. Anything over 2k Id fold, under, tricky one. Anyhow, you'd save few chips. Not having dig GaF, just my way of playing that sort of flops. Anyway, we are closer there :ok.

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Kent I'd never take it as a dig Hen - I appreciate the feedback :ok I think my thinking was that the only hands likely to check-call my small flop bet would be a good, lone club (and a made flush :wall but that didnt enter my thinking) - anything else would need to have protected their hand. I thought that my flop bet priced in the draw (deliberately) and so the turn bet I thought that I needed to price out the draw - without the 4th club on the river I'd probably have stuck the rest of my chips in :$ Cant disagree though that I spent too many chips when I didn't need to :$ Here's the full HH: ***** Hand History for Game 581983765 ***** (Betfair) Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Sunday, September 27, 07:12:27 ET 2009 Table 202 Deep Stack NL Holdem 279887 (Real Money) Seat 1 is the button Seat 1: limmpar ( $14222.53 USD ) Seat 3: dykeypunk ( $9350.00 USD ) Seat 4: 5hortstak ( $6347.12 USD ) Seat 5: eleutheria ( $33775.32 USD ) Seat 7: Telepe ( $8626.53 USD ) Seat 8: 4kingbuzz ( $7463.50 USD ) Seat 9: goater14 ( $5215.00 USD ) goater14 posts ante of [$50.00 USD]. 4kingbuzz posts ante of [$50.00 USD]. Telepe posts ante of [$50.00 USD]. eleutheria posts ante of [$50.00 USD]. 5hortstak posts ante of [$50.00 USD]. dykeypunk posts ante of [$50.00 USD]. limmpar posts ante of [$50.00 USD]. dykeypunk posts small blind [$300.00 USD]. 5hortstak posts big blind [$600.00 USD]. ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to Telepe [ Ah Jh ] eleutheria calls [$600.00 USD] Telepe calls [$600.00 USD] 4kingbuzz folds goater14 folds limmpar folds dykeypunk calls [$300.00 USD] 5hortstak checks ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2c, 4c, Ac ] dykeypunk checks 5hortstak checks eleutheria checks Telepe bets [$1100.00 USD] dykeypunk calls [$1100.00 USD] 5hortstak folds eleutheria folds ** Dealing Turn ** [ 7d ] dykeypunk checks Telepe bets [$3300.00 USD] dykeypunk calls [$3300.00 USD] ** Dealing River ** [ 5c ] dykeypunk checks Telepe checks dykeypunk shows [Kc, 6c ] Telepe doesn't show [Ah, Jh ] dykeypunk wins $11550.00 USD from main pot