** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 sivasspor vs anderlecht rsc i will take sivasspor to win this leg.they have to wash away the shame of that 0:5 from the first leg,and i think they'll do their best as the turks are being known for their pride. on the other side,even if i heard that rsc will go with the first team,this saturday they'll have a important game in jupiler league against cercle brugge,so it's very possible to go easier with this one tomorrow

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009

sivasspor vs anderlecht rsc i will take sivasspor to win this leg.they have to wash away the shame of that 0:5 from the first leg,and i think they'll do their best as the turks are being known for their pride. on the other side,even if i heard that rsc will go with the first team,this saturday they'll have a important game in jupiler league against cercle brugge,so it's very possible to go easier with this one tomorrow
I agree in the sense that Sivasspor are a much better home side than away side so have a good chance here. However, Anderlecht's game with Cercle Brugge is important...how? It's the second game of the season.

sivasspor vs anderlecht rsc i will take sivasspor to win this leg.they have to wash away the shame of that 0:5 from the first leg,and i think they'll do their best as the turks are being known for their pride. on the other side,even if i heard that rsc will go with the first team,this saturday they'll have a important game in jupiler league against cercle brugge,so it's very possible to go easier with this one tomorrow
Rsca is going with full squad :Bernárdez, Biglia, Boussoufa, Chatelle, Cordier, Deschacht, De Sutter, Kanu, Reynaldo, Frutos, Gillet, Juhasz, Legear, Polak, Proto, Sare, Schollen, Suarez, Van Damme et Wasilewski. Important game? no way,1)2nd game of the season in jupi 2) it's a home match and 3) Rsca has a large squad and enough qualilty to beat cercle by a couple of goals ....its' not like a match against Standard or Gantoise....

BTW what's going on with Celtic odds? Celtic is huge 5/2 to win.I know their away record is bad but still even Celtic +0.5 AH is 4/6. I don't think they will loose this match.Also Brown is traveling but not sure if he will play or maybe sub. Dynamo M. is a young and talented team but i just don't see Celtic loosing it.I was watching 1st leg and Celtic could score 2-3 goals easy it's just was of those bad days...Shakhtar and then Celtic...some bad luck that was. Does anybody think Celtic can drew or possibly win this game?
I agree mate. Everyone is saying our away record in Europe speaks for itself and yes it does, but it will end at some point and as you said, we were desperately unlucky not to win the 1st leg. I think Brown will play and he will add an extra drive to the Celtic attack. People are starting to write off Fortune already but I wouldn't at all be surprised if the lad pops up with a goal here, once he hits the net I am sure his confidence will increase. This game could potentially have a MASSIVE say on Celtic's season. I really think the bhoys will be up for this and I do have a good feeling about it. Cheering us on is bad enough so I won't be backing us but I do agree 5/2 is fantastic value. :hope

I'm going completely the other way to you. Anderlecht @ 3.00 offers a great betting opportunity. Anderlecht by nature are a very offensive side and they completely outclassed Sivaspor in the 1st leg. I think being 5-0 up will allow the Anderlecht players to relax and be more comfortable on the ball, therefor opening up more opportunities. Sivasspor are as good as out and aren't a great Turkish side by any standards. If they're at full strength too, they should complete the rout.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 And one more team i'm intrested in is Panathinaikos I noticed some members bet on them away but nobody back them at home.Why?I think Panat. will destroy Sparta.Odds on home win are low but perhaps -1 handicap will look better. Last week was bad,very bad but this time i expect all favorites to wake up and show their spirit and also give me my money back ;)

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 I think the best bet of the round is tomorrow. Dinamo Zagreb @ 1.75 v Salburg. Zagreb have teed themselves up nicely for this leg after grabbing a 1-1 away from home. I don't rate Salzburg at all. They made hard work of despatching Bohemians in the previous round, and didn't look that much better than their supposed "inferior" Irish opposition. I think Zagreb may have a few injuries, however my Croatian isn't all that good....Marijo Mandžukić will definitely miss out after being sent off in the 1st leg. From what I can make out Admir Vladavič is the only missing for Salzburg. He did play the first leg.

Rsca is going with full squad :Bernárdez, Biglia, Boussoufa, Chatelle, Cordier, Deschacht, De Sutter, Kanu, Reynaldo, Frutos, Gillet, Juhasz, Legear, Polak, Proto, Sare, Schollen, Suarez, Van Damme et Wasilewski. Important game? no way,1)2nd game of the season in jupi 2) it's a home match and 3) Rsca has a large squad and enough qualilty to beat cercle by a couple of goals ....its' not like a match against Standard or Gantoise....
it is very important if you want to became a champion.evry single game is important,what difference does it make it's only the secon game of the season?last game against c.brugge was a defeat on home ground.seems it cost them the title in the end. anyway,evything is possible,but the odds on sivass are very valuable

:lol Shakhtar is in top 15 best clubs in Europe at the moment mate.Shell i give you a list with teams that Shakhtar beat last season in CL and UEFA Cup? Lucesku knows this stadium very well and Shakhtar beat much stronger opponents on much biger stadiums away (OM,Barca,Basel etc...) They have more experience and quality. Don't worry they will win.Did you watch first leg?Timosara got draw by pure luck,Shakhtar could score 5 or 6... GL :ok
Mahno,don't go crying when you will lose and go into uefa cup :hope ...we both learned from the first game,and be sure that Timisoara will not 'park the bus' in front of the gate....the tickes war sold out in the first day,and there will be hell on earth on the stadium (i'm going to.. =) ) .....we know that your team is better,but still...we can qualify to,and even if we don't win,it will be fun :D

Shakhtar will win - Trust Me :dude There is no way that Multi Million.Ahmetov will miss CL this season.Timisoara drew by pure luck and two good counter attacks.I'm sure Shakhtar had good lesson and mistakes in defence will be avoided now.Also this time Chygrynsky will start also Rat is fully recovered(he played yesterday and scored) and i expect Lucesku will travel as well. I'll have Mega Bet on Shakhtar :hope
Multi Million AC Milan and Multi Million Bayern missed CL in recent years ;) Shakhtar have to go forward, just as in the first leg, who says another couple of counters might not lift the home team up again? Roumanian football is underestimated, so to me this game is a strict NO BET. Good luck though...

Mahno' date='don't go crying when you will lose and go into uefa cup :hope ...we both learned from the first game,and be sure that Timisoara will not 'park the bus' in front of the gate....the tickes war sold out in the first day,and there will be hell on earth on the stadium (i'm going to.. =) ) .....we know that your team is better,but still...we can qualify to,and even if we don't win,it will be fun :D[/quote'] Don't start again mate,otherwise we both will be ban from this site :lol Anyway i think Shakhtar will not even play in Europa if they loose. If i'm right you can only play in Europa if you loose in round 3 and it's only 2nd Qual. round. I'm not sure,can anybody confirm this? P.S Beauty of green fields, that's for you, Shakhtar. My fate is in your hands, you are the best, Shakhtar. And for you, Shakhtar, the medal of my love Will always shine on pitch where you are, And forever will protect you from defeat The brightest football star! :lol Sorry ,no single word about S****R but if they loose you will not see me here for long time :$

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 For those thinking of backing Celtic: A lot of big sides have had very bad days in Glasgow before now. It's a tough venue to go to and Celtic are a tenacious side if nothing else. Trouble is that Celtic's side just isn't very good in Europe anymore, whether that's acknowledged or not. Dinamo Moscow had a bad game in Glasgow and deserved to lose - fair enough - their lack of experience in European football of late showed very well. Now they're at home and nobody wins away in Russia. I will be astounded if Celtic don't lose this match because many big sides have bad times in Russia too. Dinamo Moscow are a good side and a good home side. I think you'll see a different footballing side to the one you saw in Glasgow. Still, good luck all, hope I'm wrong - I'll support anyone British!

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 :)) sincerly,i'm 95% sure that you will win,i'm even going to bet in Shakhtar on scoring 2-3+ goals in the first half...i think it will be @3.5+ .....but i'm still going to the stadium only for the atmosfere....i live 5 min from the stadium,i can see it from my window...and i can't hear the suporters sing and me staying at home :D it will be a good match,and be sure that Timisoara will not give up so easly :) FC `Poli` Timisoara - FK Partizan from last year..;)

it is very important if you want to became a champion.evry single game is important,what difference does it make it's only the secon game of the season?last game against c.brugge was a defeat on home ground.seems it cost them the title in the end. anyway,evything is possible,but the odds on sivass are very valuable
yes every game is important but with the new rule and the play offs,points will be divided /2 so even if u have a slow start it's not a big deal,look at Stanadard last friday and it's certainly not the match against cercle who cost them the title,the key match was the draw at Tubize imo ;) Another thing,the coach said today that we'll give 100% and he'll put a strong team,Ariel Jacobs is well known for not making too many changes in his team ,of course with the 5 0 in the 1st match it's a no bet for me

Anyway i think Shakhtar will not even play in Europa if they loose. If i'm right you can only play in Europa if you loose in round 3 and it's only 2nd Qual. round. I'm not sure,can anybody confirm this?
You are correct. The losers of the 3rd round qualifiers will drop into a Europa League play off and they will have to come through that game before entering the Europa League Group Phase.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 I really don't like it when people speak with so much confidence when it comes to the outcome of a match because in my experience, whenever someone's said 'Team A will smash Team B', ninety percent of the time, Team B has ended up beating Team A. And everyone has spoken so confidently about Shaktar's victory that I'm a little worried my big money bet won't be a winner. :sad On a different note however, if Anderlecht are going with their full squad, I seriously expect another comfortable win for them. But how will I find out they're taking their strongest side? Anyone have any links for Kim Hyde? Come to Daddy, if you do. ;) I was watching Sivas's manager speaking the other day and he said that everyone at Sivasspor were concentrating on their Europa League campaign. Now if he was being entirely truthful, Sivas shouldn't be taking anything from this game so at 2/1, Anderlecht look a very sexy price. Too sexy in fact that that price has been banned in 27 different countries. :D

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 can all of the following post be completed by posting your prediction on ALL of the games ? My prediction are :

Maccabi Haifa v FK Antobe = Maccabi Haifa
Sivasspor v Anderlecht = Anderlecht
Dinamo Zagreb v FC Salzburg = Dinamo Zagreb
FC Twente v Sporting = Fc Twente
Panathinaikos v Sparta Prague = Panathinaikos
FC Bate v FK Ventspils = Fc Bate
Dinamo Moscow v Celtic = Dinamo Moscow
FC Timisoara v Shakhtar Donetsk = Shakhtar Donetsk
Levski Sofia v FK Baku = Levski Sofia
Slavia Prague v Sheriff = Slavia Prague
Debrecen v Levadia = Debrecen
Maribor v FC Zurich = Fc Zurich
Olympiakos v Slovan Bratislava = Olympiakos
Partizan Belgrade v Apoel Nicosia = Partizan Belgrade
Stabaek v FC Copenhagen = Stabaek

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 In truth Donetk were the better team,but the 2 goals that timisoara scored were not an accident... Like I did in the first leg my advice would be to no bet on this game.Poli will play with 35 000 die hard fans,and with great ambition,you should also consider that they can aply the same style of play as they did in Ukraine:a compact defense,with fast counter-attacks... The pressure is on Sahtior...What Mahno was saying about big money,and better players,and Ahmetovs great ambition to play UCL is not enought to secure a place there.Milan didn't play in the UCL last season,but the competition was still held :lol ,I think it can go on even if Sahtior don't make it ;)

You are correct. The losers of the 3rd round qualifiers will drop into a Europa League play off and they will have to come through that game before entering the Europa League Group Phase.
this is the 3rd qualifieng round,bro teams who lose now will play in the EUROPA LEAGUE's play-off teams who will lose in the play-offs of the Champions league will go straight in Europa League groups

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 The romanians cant hide in this game and play quite so defensively. They had a few rare counters in the first game and took their chances well.. Shakter will destroy them though 9 times outta 10, home or away. Shak looked abit rusty in the first leg but are deffinately a class or two above in terms in quality of this romanian side. ITs a two legged affair and SHakter will come through it im sure. Odds are juicy and worth taking here. 1.80 on shakter DOnesk Yum Yum

can all of the following post be completed by posting your prediction on ALL of the games ? My prediction are :
Maccabi Haifa v FK Antobe= Maccabi Haifa
I predict that at least 4 of them games will end a draw :eyes BET 365 Give odds of 1790.4 for 14 of the 15 selections above, excluding maccabi haifa.. il give you odds of an even 2000/1 Aftr reading all the posts & predictions thus far & im waiting to hear team news. Anderlect @ 2.76 is very sexy indeed but after the thrashing they gave sivass last week & having already kicked off their league campagin im a little worried as to weather they play with all their hearts & soul as they are pretty much guaranteed to qualify after the 1st leg... Shaktar currently at 1.79 on betfair shows the majority are backing them & i too would fancy them to overcome the romainians, however i will wait to make my bet in-play and hope no goals scored first 10 minutes or so in the hope the odds improve slightly. Twente @ 2.42 interests me. I know they play lisbon who are good team but maybe mcClaren can do one thing in his life that can give the home fans something to cheer about, Twente are an organised team & again after the draw last week away they will surely have some confidence in finishing the job at home. Celtic-moscow im staying well away from. Celtic poor away record, i feel it may be a mountain too high for new boss who is inexperienced in euro games. Id predict a draw which is enough for the home team, but for me its a game to avoid tonight-tuesday im sticking to 3 singles on Anderlect, FC Twente & Panathanikos & a lucky treble on FC Twente, Panathanikos & Maccabi Haifa. Good luck all

I predict that at least 4 of them games will end a draw :eyes BET 365 Give odds of 1790.4 for 14 of the 15 selections above' date= excluding maccabi haifa.. il give you odds of an even 2000/1 Aftr reading all the posts & predictions thus far & im waiting to hear team news. Anderlect @ 2.76 is very sexy indeed but after the thrashing they gave sivass last week & having already kicked off their league campagin im a little worried as to weather they play with all their hearts & soul as they are pretty much guaranteed to qualify after the 1st leg... Shaktar currently at 1.79 on betfair shows the majority are backing them & i too would fancy them to overcome the romainians, however i will wait to make my bet in-play and hope no goals scored first 10 minutes or so in the hope the odds improve slightly. Twente @ 2.42 interests me. I know they play lisbon who are good team but maybe mcClaren can do one thing in his life that can give the home fans something to cheer about, Twente are an organised team & again after the draw last week away they will surely have some confidence in finishing the job at home. Celtic-moscow im staying well away from. Celtic poor away record, i feel it may be a mountain too high for new boss who is inexperienced in euro games. Id predict a draw which is enough for the home team, but for me its a game to avoid tonight-tuesday im sticking to 3 singles on Anderlect, FC Twente & Panathanikos & a lucky treble on FC Twente, Panathanikos & Maccabi Haifa. Good luck all
I´m not so sure about Panathinaikos and Sparta. Sparta made good result, is well motivated, they played Champions leage 3 years ago, although Panathinaikos scored an away goal. I don´t have any infos about Greeks, but Sparta will probably miss a key defender Repka, who suffered a muscle injury in league game against Bohemians. His start is still unsure.

can all of the following post be completed by posting your prediction on ALL of the games ? My prediction are :
Maccabi Haifa v FK Antobe = Maccabi Haifa
Super! Then make your excellent 15-kombi and you will sure get a lot of money:ok:dude

On a different note however, if Anderlecht are going with their full squad, I seriously expect another comfortable win for them. But how will I find out they're taking their strongest side? Anyone have any links for Kim Hyde? Come to Daddy, if you do. ;)
Mate are u blind? can't u read my post on page 2 :zzz

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Twente - Sporting Both teams to score 1.81 @ Expekt 1pt Sporting +0.25 1.91 @ Betfair 1pt Twente was lucky in the first game. They had one good oportunity with only 20 second played, but after the first 10 minutes Sporting totally dominated the match. Boschker was sent off, anf if Moutinho had scored that penalty probably sporting would have won for 2 or 3 goals. They had great efforts on goal but Mihaylov had an amazing performance. For this second leg i believe Sporting will show what they didn´t in the first match: experience...they have a lot more games than Twente in the Euro Cups, players like Polga, Abel, Moutinho, Liedson, Postiga, Matias Fernandez (from Villarreal) has been playing the Champions League group phase for the last 3-4 years. Plus, they have Caicedo from Man City...i believe he will be a great partner for Liedson and Vukcevic in the attack. With Liedson, Caicedo, Mati Fernandez, Vukcevic, i can perfectly see Sporting scoring in this match, but honestly im affraid that Twente doesn.t, so i taking the handicap for Sporting and will try two small side bets with small stakes: Sporting to win 3.3 @ Betfair 0.3pts Sporting -1 5.7 @ Bet365 0.2pts

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 I've been monitoring the prices on the sivasspor/anderlecht game with interest waiting(and hoping) that sivasspor's price would drift. Now it was 5/4 yesterday and almost 2/1 on the exchanges at the minute. Unless I'm missing something like the Sivasspor team have all been struck by swine flu, that's one hell of a drift for a team that have one of the best home records around. Now, Anderlecht whopped them 5-0 in the first leg so they are playing for pride and no more but anderlecht should be very lax. In short, there's big VALUE in backing Sivasspor tonight. Wait till just before kickoff as price will probably drift more. They rarely lose(and win most) at home in the Turkish league. Also Kershakov to score vs Celtic @ 7/4 is top value. Celtic will need to come out, he will exploit the space and get chances. Nic

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 FC Twente Enschede v Sporting Lisbon The fine form of Twente is undeniable and is forcing on this event. If you were following, I did back them not to lose in Portugal, because they appeared to be doing pretty well on their friendlies, in contrast to Sporting’s below par friendly results. Now the season has kicked off for Twente and they did not disappoint either, winning 2-0 away at Sparta Rotterdam, so there is absolutely no reason for me to think they should falter at home vs an average Sporting Lisbon side that is yet to win a single game in their preseason campaign. Having secured a goalless draw in Lisbon, the Dutch certainly hold a major advantage at home, although I always think the 0-0 result is a two edged sword, as any draw at home actually works in the guests favour. However, I cannot see the visitors scoring either. They couldn’t do it vs 10 men at home (Twente keeper was sent off 24 minutes into that game), so why should they be able to score on the travel? On the other hand, and apart from that 0-0, Twente have not failed to find the net in their last 4 games, and kept 4 clean sheets in those 5 (including the game in Lisbon), so it all looks good for the Dutch side to carry on the good work they have put so far. Surprisingly I find the odds to be very tempting as well. In fact, these are too good to pass by, and I’, having a bite. Twente win @ 2.38 w/ Bet365 Dinamo Zagreb v Red Bull Salzburg This is a bit confusing for me, as I though Red Bull should have won their home leg. Alas, they settled for a 1-1 draw, and are now the underdogs, as they must win or secure a score draw to have a shot at qualifying. One thing in the visitors favour though is that Dinamo will be without their international striker Mario Mandzukic, who got sent off towards the end of the 1st leg. Dinamo will still be the more relaxed side though. They know a clean sheet at home means they are through regardless of whether they manage to find the net themselves or not, so securing their back area should be their priority, and with a strong multi-national defense line they should be able to build a solid defensive wall or all Salzburg attacking waves to get crushed on. Salzburg though are not short of good talents that can still be a threat. Zickler, Dudic, Janko and Ilic to name a few. They know there is no other alternative for them than to go forward and attack. Sitting back and waiting is not an option now, and it’s probably best to expect both sides to score in this game, with Dinamo finally edging it. Two bets then: Dinamo Zagreb win @ 1.73 w/ Stan James or Paddy Power Over 2.5 goals @ 2.10 w/ Pinnacle