** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009

I disagree. We could all lump on Twente to win because the odds are excellent, but the possibilities of it becoming a draw is still quite high, even given Twente's If we ploughed all our money into what we think are "value" picks, we would be a lot worse off. It is a lot easier to pick losers than winners and given then right fundage is much more profitable over a longer period.
I will not get into a debate over this because there is nothing to debate. A basic understanding of probabilities and mathematics is all one would need to understand why in the long run backing the ml in this situation is a better investment. Maybe you are one of the few people who can predict matches at a phenomenally high rate. Fine. I do not doubt your ability, but for the average bettor laying Lisbon is a very poor idea when they think there is value with a twente win.

Dinamo Moscow ml for me' date= backing a team that is still in preseason mode, who hasn't won away in Europe in 6 years, is like putting money into a fire place and wondering why it got burned. Hate to break it to you guys but the Russian league is a better league than the Scottish league. It is certainly no worse overall that's for sure.

How you guys can overlook the fact that Moscow is in the middle of their domestic league is unbelievable to me.
These stats are there to be broken and trust me will not last much longer, Celtic whilst not winning have put in some decent displays against top european teams away from home over the years and are no mugs. We are not comparing leagues, you forgot to mention that Celtic (& Rangers) are streets above any other team in Scotland and the debate continues on how well they would fair in the English Premiership but lets not go there... Let's just say that there are 6 good sides in Russia, I would say Dinamo are at the bottom of that pile would you not? This means alot to Celtic football club and there fans, and whilst I am not a great follower of Celtic I see that they are worth a punt here.

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Big baby, you seem to have alot of opinions but when posting your one and only selections tonight you said, to quote:

Twente ml Vale Vale Value
:loon I can't wait to see your future posts, good luck with Dinamo Moscow tomorrow. All the best.

Dinamo Moscow ml for me' date= backing a team that is still in preseason mode, who hasn't won away in Europe in 6 years, is like putting money into a fire place and wondering why it got burned. Hate to break it to you guys but the Russian league is a better league than the Scottish league. It is certainly no worse overall that's for sure.

How you guys can overlook the fact that Moscow is in the middle of their domestic league is unbelievable to me.
Mate I must admit I'd be absolutely amazed if Celtic progress to the CL proper. as mentioned before get on Kershakov to score @ 7/4 Sivasspor are destroying Anderlecht right now. Definitely the best bet of the night with the price being so big @ 2/1 8/1 to score twice

These stats are there to be broken and trust me will not last much longer, Celtic whilst not winning have put in some decent displays against top european teams away from home over the years and are no mugs. We are not comparing leagues, you forgot to mention that Celtic (& Rangers) are streets above any other team in Scotland and the debate continues on how well they would fair in the English Premiership but lets not go there... Let's just say that there are 6 good sides in Russia, I would say Dinamo are at the bottom of that pile would you not? This means alot to Celtic football club and there fans, and whilst I am not a great follower of Celtic I see that they are worth a punt here.
For Celtic to advance they will need to either win 1-0 and then win in penalties (keep a clean sheet), or score at least 2 away goals and concede less. So basically they will either need to keep a clean sheet, or score 2 or more goals while conceding less. I wish you good luck, I just don't see any value backing celtic at the given prices considering what they need to accomplish to advance. :cheers

I will not get into a debate over this because there is nothing to debate. A basic understanding of probabilities and mathematics is all one would need to understand why in the long run backing the ml in this situation is a better investment. Maybe you are one of the few people who can predict matches at a phenomenally high rate. Fine. I do not doubt your ability, but for the average bettor laying Lisbon is a very poor idea when they think there is value with a twente win.
Indeed, value betting is the only way to consistently make a profit against the bookmakers as the compilers don't usually make many mistakes with short odds so it won't matter how many winners you can back....

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 I don't doubt you do, and we can't always agree. I just feel that they showed enough in the first game to make me think they'll score and the thinking that they can only improve from the first proper match of the season, they are value. :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 FC Timisoara - Shakhtar Donetsk Go all in for Shakhtar Donetsk....in a show today,talking about the game,some guy sayed that he heard that Shakhtar's boss, Rinat Ahmetov had a long discution over the phone with the refery of the game...and a few hours after the call,Timisoara declared that the team should concentrat on the next game in Uefa cup...and at the same time the expetation of Shakhtar Donetsk have been made public: Champions league semi-finals.....

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 Well my Wife's Uncle's Siters Boyfriends Mum overheard at a busstop that shakhtar aren't bothered! and I'm not even married! :loon

FC Timisoara - Shakhtar Donetsk Go all in for Shakhtar Donetsk....in a show today,talking about the game,some guy sayed that he heard that Shakhtar's boss, Rinat Ahmetov had a long discution over the phone with the refery of the game...and a few hours after the call,Timisoara declared that the team should concentrat on the next game in Uefa cup...and at the same time the expetation of Shakhtar Donetsk have been made public: Champions league semi-finals.....

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 and your point is?if you dont care you dont care...i just told you what the roumers are here,and what the press is talking about...if you dont like it go s***t y******f and stop making fun

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 well yes...i understand that..but its not like i heard it on the street or something...that are talking about it in the press and on tv....and i dont really care if its true or not,becuase Shakhtar Donetsk will still win tomorow...:)

just few words about dinamo salzburg match. dinamo misses about6-7 players but only two are first team players. mandzukic is big loss for dinamo, etto also misses but he can be replaced. salzburg is without most important player for tham nad mail goalscorer, Janko who is also suspended. in first leg dinamo dominated whole game and should win easily. salzburgs defence sucks,aas well as dinamos, so here should be many goals. over 2,5 is safe bet imo
i went over 2.5......its min 88 still 1-1...:( EDIT: LOL min 89 (just after i post it) 1-2 for Salzburg :D

And one more team i'm intrested in is Panathinaikos I noticed some members bet on them away but nobody back them at home.Why?I think Panat. will destroy Sparta.Odds on home win are low but perhaps -1 handicap will look better. Last week was bad,very bad but this time i expect all favorites to wake up and show their spirit and also give me my money back ;)
Just like i said...3-0 to Panat. :dude So guys how do u like Twente loosing everyting on 90th min,that was total fcuk up :unsure

If you think that there is a lot of value with Twente winning (which I agree with)' date= you lose the value by laying Lisbon. In the long run you will be more profitable backing a Twente win in this spot with a lot less risk.
I beg to differ mate and my records back me up. Since switching to laying from straight win bets my profits have shot up. The amount of draws that go against you are unreal... Another example tonight. Twente 1-0 up and sailing home with a few seconds to play and bang its 1-1. And thats the beauty of laying my old son. :ok

Re: Uefa Champions League Qualifiers 4/5 August 2009 I'm sorry for anyone that lost with a bet backing Twente tonight but I backed a draw at 11/4 in play and have to admit I was in fits of laughter at that equaliser. Lisbon didn't deserve it, it came off Rui "dodgy fucker" Patricio's shoulder in the 94th minute of 95 minutes and was turned in by someone else though it may well have gone in anyway at first impression. If you can find this goal on youtube, watch it, it's hilarious!

I beg to differ mate and my records back me up. Since switching to laying from straight win bets my profits have shot up. The amount of draws that go against you are unreal... Another example tonight. Twente 1-0 up and sailing home with a few seconds to play and bang its 1-1. And thats the beauty of laying my old son. :ok
I can not tell you how much I agree with this... I'll be making the switch over soon.

You are wrong. I will not debate with you. Good luck with all your wagers. :cheers