Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon Haas, T v Federer, - Haas, T Betfair 11.5 No pretence to know anything about tennis but I do know that 10.5/1 in a two horse race is at least methematically attractive. The thing about upsets is that they aren't expected (stating the ******* obvious here) and I don't suppose I really think Haas will win, but at that price I'd kick myslef if he did and I wasn't on

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon Roddick, A v Murray - RODDICK - Betafir 3.9 Having already stated my lack of any real tennis knowledge I do know that getting on propositions at better than "real" odds will pay in the end (should one live long enough!). With all the hype which always follows UK players this week I am sure Murray is too short a price - a view supported to some degree by overseas bookies' prices

Re: Wimbledon Haas v Federer - 5 Set Match @ 5.75 TAB Tommy Haas is playing some fantastic tennis at the moment and is a real shot against Federer. However, this is Federer, and he doesn't lose at Wimbledon in straight sets, so if Haas proves competitive then this bet should be a great chance. These guys have played in 3 slams before and every one of those matches went 5 sets. I see no reason why it wont today either.

Re: Wimbledon One for me today. Really looking forward to this 1st game. 4pts R.Federer vs T.Haas - Over 34.5 games 5/6 Ladbrokes These two have played 3 grand slam matches and all 3 have gone 5 sets. Admittedly this is the 1st time they've at Wimbledon but they've played at Halle and Haas has taken Fed to 3 sets there. We're basically saying that by going over 34.5 games that this match will go beyond 3 sets which given Haas' form and aggressive nature and the trouble he's given Federer in the past is a strong chance so with a chance of the overs in a 3 set match with a couple of tie breaks I'll take the overs here.

Re: Wimbledon

That's Federer's 7th semi final at Wimbledon he has won in straight sets - he's never lost a set in a Wimbledon Semi Final!!! :eek The overs in that match where a poor bet considering...
Yeah, he has had 104 service games in WImbledon Semi Finals ................... Only ever lost 2 games !! :loon A great great grass court player, and a Wimbledon legend. :notworthy I still hope Murray gets to the final and stuffs him though :tongue2

That's Federer's 7th semi final at Wimbledon he has won in straight sets - he's never lost a set in a Wimbledon Semi Final!!! :eek The overs in that match where a poor bet considering...
Yeh cheers for that Jonesy. A most helpful post. Stick to posting your normal bullshit posts in banter next time eh :eyes.

:lol Fish N' Chips tonight is it Kev' date=' instead of lobster!!! :moon[/quote'] If you want to be a cnut then fcuk off elsewhere. If you are going to post in this thread then post tips. Any more posts ridiculing myself and/or others will be deleted and any more after that you'll be a goner.

Re: Wimbledon Wow someone is touchy!!! I posted a fact that to be honest I didn't see until afterwards and there was no ridicule in my post! Then you get all pissy and use the ridicule of my post first suggesting I go post my normal bullshit posts in banter??? That's when I posted a sacrcastic response. I really couldn't give a flying F**k what you do Kev, but be consistent! Is it one rule for you and a different rule for others is it???

Re: Wimbledon No it isn't one rule for me and another for everyone else. It's the same rule for everybody which is don't come on here ridiculing someone's losing bet especially when you haven't even stuck a bet up yourself. That was your 1st post in this thread and by the time you posted it, regardless of when you noticed it, it was an irrelevant stat as the match had ended over an hour before you posted it. The irony of it is had Haas lost the final set 6-4 the over would have come in which only goes to show how stupid a comment it was. You know exactly what you was doing by posting it. I wouldn't mind but it's not as if you post winners up on a regular basis is it. So, follow the rules which are easy for all to see or fcuk off. This isn't going to turn into oh I'm Jonesy and I've been hard done by thread like they normally do either. This is a betting thread so either post bets in here in line with the rules or don't post at all. Any posts from you in here that isn't bets from here on in will be deleted.

Re: Wimbledon Bad day today. I watch matches and I am so surprised! Andy Roddick was so good!

SportTennis
EventVenus Williams v Serena Williams
SelectionVenus Williams -4.5 games
Strength10/10
Date04/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningToday I think Venus will crush. Oh yes! Venus has played so well this tournament, and she is so good on grass. So far this tournament, she has only 1 set where she has lost 4 games and no more. Wow! Serena plays OK, but made a lot of errors against Dementieva. That was a tough match, and now final against sister, very tough! I think Venus will win this, and win it easily!

You're paranoid Kev! and I assume you'll remove this post' date=' however I have to put it here as your out of order! for a moderator on here your not exactly consistent and your behaviour here has gone to prove that![/quote'] Err, how is he out of order. You basically tried to get a reaction by posting that Kev gave a shit tip in a roundabout way, and then you claim that Kev is out of order (and not yourself :unsure) Post something useful or fcuk off - Kev out of order, and your not, yeah :lol I missed the comment first time round, sorry Kev. The stat was useful Jonesy, but the backhanded remark at the end was far from necessary.

Nyt kun saisi oikein mahtavan mustan kyrvän syvälle persposkien väliin et sillei hei! Teppo pyllistää paskaisen perseensä Taavetin kasvoille. Federer et sillei hei! :drums
I agree! :unsure English please?

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWilliams - Williams
Selectionover 22.5 games
Strength10/10
Date04/07/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.89 (Back)
ReasoningBoth sisters are in good form and I expect this match to be a three setter.7 out of 10 matches between these two went to 3 sets and over 22.5 so it's worth a shot imo.

Re: Wimbledon Did I post "oh shit tip Kev"? My post was eluding to the fact out of about 6 posts for that particular match about 3/4 mentioned the fact Haas & Federer had gone 5 sets so many times recently! when the huge glaring fact was Federer has never lost a set in 7 Wimbledon Semi Finals! and for it to go over would have meant the possibility of Haas having to win one set! Now maybe I was wrong in posting afterwards and how I projected that but there was no derogatory comment intended! I take exception to being told to Fcuk Off or be banned, by 2 MODS who should know better! Why dont you go back and post sweet nothings to each other in the MODS forum! Honestly some of you MODS have a problem with seperating yourselves from being Members and Moderators! and truth is Kevshat isnt big enough to admit whenever he is wrong! and that's not moderating it's fcuking PATHETIC!

Err, how is he out of order. You basically tried to get a reaction by posting that Kev gave a shit tip in a roundabout way, and then you claim that Kev is out of order (and not yourself :unsure) Post something useful or fcuk off - Kev out of order, and your not, yeah :lol I missed the comment first time round, sorry Kev. The stat was useful Jonesy, but the backhanded remark at the end was far from necessary.

Did I post "oh shit tip Kev"? My post was eluding to the fact out of about 6 posts for that particular match about 3/4 mentioned the fact Haas & Federer had gone 5 sets so many times recently! when the huge glaring fact was Federer has never lost a set in 7 Wimbledon Semi Finals! and for it to go over would have meant the possibility of Haas having to win one set! Now maybe I was wrong in posting afterwards and how I projected that but there was no derogatory comment intended!
In a round about way, yes. Why point it out after the event when it is no use to anyone - You know the rules.
I take exception to being told to Fcuk Off or be banned, by 2 MODS who should know better!
I didnt tell you that ?? :wall Do you ever notice 1 amazing thing. It's amazing the amount of arguments on here that involve you and a moderator, while others have no problems. Do you ever think that maybe it is you that has the problem and not us ? "By 2 mods who should know better" :lol:lol And who are you to say that ! Sorry Mum :eyes To add, it wasnt only mods that had a problem with your ridiculous comment.

In a round about way, yes. Why point it out after the event when it is no use to anyone - You know the rules. Like I stated in my last post in that maybe i was wrong how i projected my first post but there was nothing derogatory in it! I didnt tell you that ?? :wall So what does *Post something useful or Fcuk Off mean"? Do you ever notice 1 amazing thing. It's amazing the amount of arguments on here that involve you and a moderator, while others have no problems. Do you ever think that maybe it is you that has the problem and not us ? That lines wearing thin Stew! Kevshat always uses that when we have had a heated debate on here..did Kevshat ask you to post that? Go back and read my posts with Kevshat... you should be able to understand that. Problem is again you and other so called Moderators on here find it hard to believe that you can NEVER be Wrong! If I have a problem I will post it or PM the Moderator but I can't accept being portrayed as a trouble causer just because I won't conform to their biggoted difference of opinion! and I'm certainly not going to be told to Fcuk Off and conform or be banned! "By 2 mods who should know better" :lol:lol And who are you to say that ! Sorry Mum :eyes Again I will reiterate you have a problem with differentiating yourselves from being Members and Moderators! To add, it wasnt only mods that had a problem with your ridiculous comment.
Oh sorry it offended a previously banned member Theboybroon who has made a mockery of PL rules by setting up a new ID for himself! My comment was sarcasm Stew which was rightly aimed after being advised to "stick to my normal bullshit posts in the banter forum"!

Re: Wimbledon The stat was posted after the fact with this match. Perhaps not totally helpful, but not malicious I think and a useful bit of info for others. Certainly that stat would make me less inclined to back the overs in the final. Kev comes straight out with telling him stick to bullshit posts in banter. It was harsh. Not sure how much Tennis betting JK does, but he's done some pretty good soccer tips, effort has clearly been put in. When JK stands up for himself, again in a non abusive manner, Kev brings out the mod stick and threatens a ban. Saying he'll be a gonner. This is a member with almost 4 years standing and north of 3,000 posts we're talking about. Seems over over the top to me; I'm of the opinion it's ok to argue your case, but the mod stick threat was brought out very quickly and harsly here.

Re: Wimbledon Don't like to get involved in essentially petty squabbles on here as life is just too short...but... Came on this morning to see if some more experienced punters fancied Venus to slaughter her sister in double quick time. Working through the thread I hit ...

Now I only read this ten minutes ago and my first thought was this is a most blatant case of after timing. :spank Yes...a very useful stat if given before the match...but an absolute waste of time afterwards, unless it was posted on purpose to goad a response from those that had previously tipped against this stat, in which case it would be successful in it's intention. :unsure I think, for what it's worth, that the post should have been deleted for aftertiming...end of story. Instead we end up with a very much playground spat which benefits nobody. :eyes ---------------------------- Anyway...my ''tip'' is Venus to win 2-0...she has been superb thus far and Serena struggled to win her semi and could well be just not up to challenging her big sis this time round. {My only 2 bets so far have been both semis to be won in 2 sets and the Scottish lad to win his semi...so my pedigree as a tennis tipper is somewhat lacking. :sad} ...oh, I'd also be very wary of extrapolating the semi stat for a final bet...the statistic is specific to wimbledon semi-finals only...maybe somebody can post up Federer's finals stats before the match to see how they compare. :ok Right...I'm off to lay down in a dark room for a while. Hang on...before I go...am I the only one who would shag both the Williams sisters...Jesus, they have just got bodies to die for. :loon Ok. Finished. Really!

Oh sorry it offended a previously banned member Theboybroon who has made a mockery of PL rules by setting up a new ID for himself!
Fckin get over yourself jonesy honestly. Imo it was a blatant backhanded dig at Kev's bet, of that i have no doubt. You new fine well what you were doing, and it was bang out order. Anyway the comment above is why i had to reply. Get your fckin facts right. I Have never been banned from pl, simple as that, so i honestly don't know where you get this bullshit from.

Re: Wimbledon I haven't been following the tennis too closely but i did manage to see most of the Williams sisters last 2 matches. Based on that alone, i.e. consistency of play, i'd say the odds of around 1.63 on Venus just about reflect her chances of winning. So i'll have a bit of cash on her but not too much. They are both fighters and you never know on the day. 5/10 @ 1.63 on Venus to win with Betfair btw, if that's not enough note that i'm a mod and i'm never wrong ;)

Re: Wimbledon Now about Roddick vs Federer, first of all the match against Murray was brilliant, extremely professional performance from both and the best i've ever seen from Andy. Always liked him and was actually shouting at the tele "come on Roddick". ( could be too much info that, but there you go ;) ) If he can reproduce that form against Roger i do believe he's got a chance. Federer on the other hand has the opportunity to make history. How's that for motivation. He really doesn't have anything to prove anymore and it's been showing in his play. So i think he's going to bring his best game to the day, just because he can. As for betting... well i have to side with Federer winning, ( even if i'll probably be cheering for Andy :lol ) but i can't see any value in the 1.13 on offer, no bet for me. I will be laying Federer at 1.13 with the intention of backing again at a higher price in-play. That sounds like a fair trading opportunity to me as i think there's a more than evens chance of those odds rising quite a bit. Just imagine a tie-break in the first set, should bring the price to 1.20-1.25 with the first tie-break points. Good enough for me.

Re: Wimbledon Venus -2.5 games @ 5/6 Fairly confident taking Venus in this one.Already stuck cash on her to beat Serena outright the other day at better price than it is this morning.She's a far superior player on grass - can go shot for shot with her sister, has the good serve and return, moves well and is in far better shape right now. Serena's fitness is not great right now and only her power shots and a mental breakdown from Demetieva got her through.I expect Venus to win the match and hoping she can also cover the handicap to bring up the odds.

Re: Wimbledon I was with u gooner, sucked in by the williams family conspirecy. Venus hadn't lost a set since 2007 and hardly a game this Wimbledon. Then all of a sudden she turns to ratshit against the big girl who was lucky to be there. I was warned, should have seen it coming! In the waring threads before, I think Jonesy has been treated somewhat harshly by someone holding the big stick.