** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon Bammer @1.75 should win vs Oudin I like these underdogs VAIDISOVA, Nicole (CZE) vs DE LOS RIOS, Rossana (PAR) @4.25 LLAGOSTERA VIVES, Nuria (ESP) @5.40 vs PENNETTA, Flavia (ITA) CHAKVETADZE, Anna (RUS) vs LISICKI, Sabine (GER) @2.65 PARMENTIER, Pauline (FRA) @1.95 vs AMANMURADOVA, Akgul (UZB) GLATCH, Alexa (USA) @2.10 vs PENG, Shuai (CHN)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon

Sport Tennis
Event R.Ram-P.Petzschner
Selection P.Petzschner
Strength 10/10
Date 23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning R. Ram, the 160th place in the world, played 3 rounds of qualifying to reach in the 1st round by wimbledon.P.Petzschner was noted that he defeated F. Verdasco in tournament at Halle, 3:6,7: 6,6:4. I believe that the player from Germany are certainly first chance in this match ,because he meet most valuable players in ATP, while Ram played only with opponents generally modest.

Sport Tennis
Event Potito Starace-Jose Acasuso
Selection Potito Starace
Strength 10/10
Date 23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 2.48 (Back)
Reasoning acasuso not played this year on grass.but potito starace yes, and he still played very well, reached in the final in Lugano and in the semifinals by prostejov.so, if I keep account that starace are good evolutions on grass and acasuso not played on this area, I must to bet on starace.

Sport Tennis
Event Potito Starace-Jose Acasuso
Selection Potito Starace
Strength 10/10
Date 23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price >10bet @ 2.48 (Back)
Reasoning acasuso not played this year on grass.but potito starace yes' date=' and he still played very well, reached in the final in Lugano and in the semifinals by prostejov.so, if I keep account that starace are good evolutions on grass and acasuso not played on this area, I must to bet on starace.
gah, but starace is so bad, and can easily drop a quick set.. his dangerous to bet on because he cant keep his head.

Re: Wimbledon No good yesterday, but again I look for big prices!

SportTennis
EventTomas Berdych v Alex Bogdanovic
SelectionAlex Bogdanovic
Strength5/10
Date23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 7.60 (Back)
ReasoningBerdych is capable of some bad losses, maybe today! Bogdanovic played fairly well last week, he is good on grass and has home support. Mentally he seems to be quite poor but he can cause problems today. Berdych not in great form, lost in Halle to a tricky left hander in Zverev, same problems today!
SportTennis
EventRadek Stepanek v Alejandro Falla
SelectionAlejandro Falla
Strength10/10
Date23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.55 (Back)
ReasoningStepanek has problems with ankle, maybe he struggles today! He also has many 5 set matches, if Falla can keep this close I like the price! Falla is coming through qualifying and can play nice on grass with serve and volley. Betfair pay out after a set so I like this price!
SportTennis
EventJurgen Melzer v Wayne Odesnik
SelectionWayne Odesnik
Strength3/10
Date23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 15.00 (Back)
ReasoningWhy is Odesnik price so high? I live this price! Melzer has some very bad results, sometimes he just doesn't try! Odesnik beat Melzer earlier in the year 6-4 6-0 where Melzer just gave up! Melzer is pretty good on grass, but look at Wimbledon record lot's of time he goes to 5 sets. If this is close like the big price! Odesnik has very little experience on grass, but both are left handed and I think this match will be close!
SportTennis
EventDimitry Tursunov v Mischa Zverev
SelectionMischa Zverev
Strength10/10
Date23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 3.30 (Back)
ReasoningA lot of players who did well last week went out yesterday, maybe it's the same for Tursunov! Zverev serves big and is a tricky opponent, especially on grass as he likes to serve and volley. Zverev maybe struggling with an injury, but Boylesports return stake on a retirement so worth a chance!
SportTennis
EventMarat Safin v Jesse Levine
SelectionJesse Levine
Strength10/10
Date23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.40 (Back)
ReasoningSafin price is just too short! He has not won many matches this year, has a back injury and despite reaching semi final last year he says grass is for cows, how is he so short! He hits a lot harder than Levine, but Levine is playing hard and come through qualifying. Good chance I think!
SportTennis
EventGilles Simon v Bobby Reynolds
SelectionBobby Reynolds
Strength5/10
Date23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 5.30 (Back)
ReasoningAnother big name player with an injury, Simon has a bad knee! Also him form is poor and bookies still think he plays like it's 2008! Reynolds has a big serve and is a nice player, I think he causes some problems here. He reached the 3rd round last year and is OK on grass. H2H is 1-0 to Simon, but that was a close match going to 5 sets in Australia. I think this will be close again!

Re: Wimbledon And 1 lady!

SportTennis
EventVera Zvonareva v Georgie Stoop
SelectionGeorgie Stoop
Strength10/10
Date23/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.70 (Back)
Reasoning1 set each from yesterday, and this looks like a very close match! I never seen Georgie Stoop before but she played very well and hits the ball very hard! Zvonareva was clearly struggling with her ankle after coming back from injury. Maybe it is better today but after play yesterday maybe it feels worse! Georgie has a great chance in this 1 set shoot out later this afternoon!

Re: Wimbledon Not much value about but Paddy Power is offering 4/5 that Andy Murray's total games will be 'under 18.5' against Robert Kendrick. Can Kendrick get to at least five games in a set or even win a set!? Nah, it'll probably be 6-2 6-3 6-2 to Murray and 4/5 looks a steal. (famous last words) :hope If you think Andy Murray will wobble a bit like Roger Federer did yesterday than 'over 18.5 games' is 10/11.

Alrite lads...here's my selections for the next day or two. Del Potro x Hewitt x Berdych x F.Lopez @ 4/5 JMDP faces a tricky first round against Clement but fully expect him to come through.Hewitt faces Ginepri and has a winning record against him, loves Wimbledon and should make it through.Berdych is a nightmare to back but is a step up from Bogdanovic.Lopez is at home on the grass and has progressed far in the past - should have too much for Karol Beck. Schuettler tb Malisse @ 5/6 Both have reached the last 4 here in past years, Rainer did last year.Neither are at the level they once were but Rainer reached the semi's at the Ordina Open last week and is still comfortable on the grass,Malisse has struggled with injuries and I expect Schuettler to come through this one. Also took: Dushevina tb Cornet @ 8/11 De Brito tb Zakopolova @ 2/1 Good Luck!
3W-1L....:ok More tomorrow.

Bammer @1.75 :@ should win vs Oudin I like these underdogs VAIDISOVA, Nicole (CZE) vs DE LOS RIOS, Rossana (PAR) @4.25 :cheers LLAGOSTERA VIVES, Nuria (ESP) @5.40 vs PENNETTA, Flavia (ITA) :@ won 1st set though! CHAKVETADZE, Anna (RUS) vs LISICKI, Sabine (GER) @2.65 :cheers PARMENTIER, Pauline (FRA) @1.95 vs AMANMURADOVA, Akgul (UZB) :cheers GLATCH, Alexa (USA) @2.10 vs PENG, Shuai (CHN):@ went to 3
a few nice dog wins

Re: Wimbledon Pure value on Tipsarevic @ 2.2 imo,the same goes for Montanes @ 2.35!Tipsa on his favorite surface can easily beat nervy Fish H2H is 1-1,this should be very even match with great chance for the dog,Serb is must backable for me.Montanes is underpriced big,(yes) he's classic claycourter who's running a great year,won the title in Estoril last month and was underpriced the same in the first round here against Zemlja but was more than convincing improving his great form.Canas was convincing in the 1st round too against poor Junqueira and trails 2-0 H2H but Im confused about how the odds are set and Im glad to take that juicy price for Montanes who is more experienced and simply the better player I think.Can't miss to have a small punt on Koubek @ 5.1 the price is just too big when on the other side is Robredo and the match is playing on grass,not that Koubek is really a threat but I see some chance!Larcher de Brito @ 3.4 to upset nonconsistant Schiavone,make the 3rd round on RG defeating Zheng there,has some very notable wins this year over players like A.Radwanska and Dulko,lost in three vs. Kuzie and already showed she's good on grass too beating Zakopalova in straights before two days.Vesnina @ 2.05 seems that's in good mood,pass over Wickmayer(who's very good on grass) surprisingly easy and shouldn't be underdog against Dushevina,worth of a punt just because that 61 61 win over Wicky and Vera has big probs in the 1st round coming back from set down in her macth against Cornet who played her only sixth match on grass in the last two years and spoiled her record to 1-5.Just a note that Vliegen trails H2H 3-0 against Verdasco,but I'll stay away from that one. Well done all who made some profit yesterday and GL all today!:hope

Re: Wimbledon Was curious why U.Radwanska become a slight fav. against Cibulkova and after a bit of research decided to bet on Ursula @ 1.88 that still looks decent price to me.Girl is former junior Wimbledon champion what tells how good this surface suits her game,easily came trough the first round,and Cibulkova(that could be the reason why was ratted as fav. few hours ago) is far better ranked player that don't(can't)like playing on grass courts,her form is downtrend and she looked very unstable against Coin two days ago and was lucky to win that three setter.Pretty sure that Ursula will cause much more troubles to Cibulkova than Coin did and hopefully will win this match.

Xavier Malisse v Rainer Schuettler I like the look of Schuettler's odds here to say he is the 19th seed against 175th ranked mallisse. Mallisse used to be a dangerous player to draw in the first rounds a few years back but not really anymore, schuettler got to the semi finals here last year and has a better head to head record (4-2) although this is there first meeting on grass. Schuettler to win 10/11 Sky Bet & Betfred Also gonna av a small stakes on a few set betting to win 3-0 Davydenko Blake Roddick 5.34 with paddy power
I must admit I got very lucky as in the end I went for a Schuettler to win and Davydenko to win 3-0 double! Just didnt feel right about the other 2 and so glad i didnt Blake got cained and roddick dropped a set yesterday so good win there but as i say quite lucky :ok Well done to everyone else who won im gonna have a look at the matches now and report back soon.

Re: Wimbledon 24.06.09 Schiavone F. - Larcher de Brito M. 2+4.5 1.87 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Pavlyuchenkova A. - Vinci R. 2T Handicap(+2.5) 1.935 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Andreev I. - Spadea V. 2T Handicap(+5.5) 1.90 FON 24.06.09 Canas G. - Montanes A. 1 1.676 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Schuettler R. - Sela D. 2T Handicap(+4.5) 2.00 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Verdasco F. - Vliegen K. 2T Handicap(+7) 1.763 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Pashanski B. - Cruciat A. 1 1.44 Doxxbet

24.06.09 Schiavone F. - Larcher de Brito M. 2+4.5 1.87 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Pavlyuchenkova A. - Vinci R. 2T Handicap(+2.5) 1.935 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Andreev I. - Spadea V. 2T Handicap(+5.5) 1.90 FON 24.06.09 Canas G. - Montanes A. 1 1.676 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Schuettler R. - Sela D. 2T Handicap(+4.5) 2.00 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Verdasco F. - Vliegen K. 2T Handicap(+7) 1.763 PINNACLE 24.06.09 Pashanski B. - Cruciat A. 1 1.44 Doxxbet
Almagro tb Beck @ 10/11
Cilic to beat Querrey Tsonga to beat Bolelli Verdasco to win 3-0 v Vliegen
Based on what?I believe you all know the you should provide some reasoning behind your bets!Good luck though..

Re: Wimbledon good day yesterday overall!pity voegele didnt make the handicap, very unlucky really, every game went to duece, so sick!! hradecka,georges,peng,lisicki,baltacha and parmentier and the accumulator all did the business though. cant believe i didnt back ferrero and del los rios!! anyway, todays tips!! i really fancy seppi against gicqurl at 8-11 with boyles!also really fancy pavlychenko!! razzano, andreev and tsonga accumulator! sugiyama stosur double!! schuettler kleybanova double!! fancy radwanska!! went for zheng against hantuchova!! fancy tipseravic against fish! also backed montanes when he was at 7-4!peer is good value at a big price! she should beat the handicap! de brito is also good value at a big price!! if the mirza cirstea match goes to a battle ,cirstea will outballs mirza!johannson could shock vera and can beat the handicap!! baczinsky is huge price against bartoli so i had to back her!! might do better than u might expect!!dent to make a comeback versus gimeno traver!! serena,serena and verdasco should win handy and beat the handicaps!! particularly like verdasco minus 6.5!1 perhaps almagro!! and finally vesnina represents value!!! ive lot of bets on today so very nervous!!! good luck anyway guys!!!

good day yesterday overall!pity voegele didnt make the handicap, very unlucky really, every game went to duece, so sick!! hradecka,georges,peng,lisicki,baltacha and parmentier and the accumulator all did the business though. cant believe i didnt back ferrero and del los rios!! anyway, todays tips!! i really fancy seppi against gicqurl at 8-11 with boyles!also really fancy pavlychenko!! razzano, andreev and tsonga accumulator! sugiyama stosur double!! schuettler kleybanova double!! fancy radwanska!! went for zheng against hantuchova!! fancy tipseravic against fish! also backed montanes when he was at 7-4!peer is good value at a big price! she should beat the handicap! de brito is also good value at a big price!! if the mirza cirstea match goes to a battle ,cirstea will outballs mirza!johannson could shock vera and can beat the handicap!! baczinsky is huge price against bartoli so i had to back her!! might do better than u might expect!!dent to make a comeback versus gimeno traver!! serena,serena and verdasco should win handy and beat the handicaps!! particularly like verdasco minus 6.5!1 perhaps almagro!! and finally vesnina represents value!!! ive lot of bets on today so very nervous!!! good luck anyway guys!!!
The same as above, mate - a lot of shouts, no reasoning at all:(

Re: Wimbledon I guess now we know why Odesnik went out to 15.00 - an investigation has been launched into his 3-0 defeat to Melzer following suspicious betting patterns. For example, Betfair took 255k on correct score set betting - 254k of it on 3-0! :unsure Dodgy in the extreme. I was also on the Uzbek Denis Istomin who went 2-0 up against Fognini before pulling out injured, was not happy, not happy at all. Think the bookings should start considering refunding all bets in incompleted games - someone could (and probably did) have made a LOT of money had they laid Istomin when he was as low as 1.05 after winning the second set...

Re: Wimbledon Hi guys, 2 more bets for the Wimbledon: HANESCU TO D DEVILDER @ 1.36 on betfair Hanescu is not a great grass court player, but Devilder is just a poor grass court player. Hanescu with greater weight of shot and better serve must be a favorite even on hard courts, and surely on a grass court. LISICKI TO D MAYR @ 1.25 on pinnaclesports Lisicki is one of the players who can be in top 10 very soon with powerful game from the baseline and a good serve. Mayr is a typical clay court player. Too much power for Lisicki.

Think the bookings should start considering refunding all bets in incompleted games - someone could (and probably did) have made a LOT of money had they laid Istomin when he was as low as 1.05 after winning the second set...
You can do that by choosing bookmakers such as William Hill, Stan James, Paddy Power, Boylesports and I think a couple more.

Almagro tb Beck @ 10/11 Not much to choose from today.Considering a few of the women like Cibulkova and Cirstea but might leave it. Good Luck!
Apologies there RePunt was in a rush earlier - usually provide some back-up to my picks and usually wouldnt read others if they didn't. Almagro is a player I hate to be honest, has little grass pedigree aswell.But Beck is a challenger mug who I dont expect to go any further.He's had a couple of demanding qualifying matches(one which he lost by the way to Greul) and a long 5 setter with Lopez who really should be ashamed of himself losing to Beck.Almagro had a 5 setter with another clay-courter in Juan Monaco but was rock solid on serve for the most part but fell in some tie breaks.Anyway he came through in the end and I think his price is a liitle too big - expected a bit shorter and hopefully he does it today. Good Luck!

SportTennis
EventIvo Karlovic v Steve Darcis
SelectionSteve Darcis
Strength10/10
Date24/06/2009
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 4.25 (Back)
ReasoningKarlovic came through first round against Lacko but still his Wimbledon record is bad! Darcis is much better player with very nice backhand. I worry Darcis makes too many errors allowing Karlovic to break, but still I think this will be close. At this price I want to take my chance!
SportTennis
EventKarol Beck v Nicolas Almagro
SelectionKarol Beck
Strength10/10
Date24/06/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.95 (Back)
ReasoningIn first round Beck looks like very good grass court player winning tough match against Lopez. He definately looks like better player on grass than Almagro! Almagro also took 5 sets against Monaco but he was very close to losing and looks poor on grass. I think Beck should be good favourite!

Apologies there RePunt was in a rush earlier - usually provide some back-up to my picks and usually wouldnt read others if they didn't.
It's ok mate,no need to apologise directly to me!I know that you usualy provide some reasoning,quality reasoning behind your picks and I take them with big consideration.Keep up the good work:ok Tipsa and Ursula set down:\ but Koubek set up and just broke Robredo's serve:) in the second set.:hope