BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09

2-20 at Hexham LISDONAGH HOUSE 0.5pt e/w bet Only been on the race course twice and ran not to bad on both counts, todays shorter trip and ground should be more up his street, last time out was 6th, and the same before that, did seem to get a bit tired last time out and today is dropped back to 2m, trainer & jockey good combo and might be a nice price. e/w bet is recommended. Best of luck..

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 155 Haydock TOSHI e/w SUPERNAP This is a horse I've grown to love very rapidly. Had 2 wins and a narrow second for Jim Goldie over hurdles this spring. In fantastic form, had a convincing win last Friday night over same distance as today, jockey Mark Bradbourne has developed a good understanding with the horse. This race won't be easy, Toshi has deservedly gone up a few lbs for his wins but doesn't seem any more or less exposed than anything else in this reasonable quality race. I'm taking my chance with a form horse from a stable that does well here. SUPERNAP, wish me luck!

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 1415 victoria cup slugger o'toole 1pt win. willing to take a chance on slugger o'toole currently a massive 50.0 on betfair. i reckon the place to be in the race is middle, and stall 14 has won this the last 2 years. drawn in 15, the slugger has dropped to an attractive mark after a couple of lacklustre efforts this year. in his defence, the going was wrong lto, wasnt drawn great at donny when fancied. the race today is awash with hold up horses, and i have had to have a real good look to see where the pace will come from. the middle drawn runners should get a good tow from majuro in 13. with such a big field they may split into 3 groups, but i reckon it will be 2, the middle and the stands side. the larger group should come down the middle, so would be hoping that that group would have the edge come the line. if the slugger could produce some of his old form over 7f from last year, the 50.0 could look massive.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09

155 Haydock TOSHI e/w SUPERNAP This is a horse I've grown to love very rapidly. Had 2 wins and a narrow second for Jim Goldie over hurdles this spring. In fantastic form, had a convincing win last Friday night over same distance as today, jockey Mark Bradbourne has developed a good understanding with the horse. This race won't be easy, Toshi has deservedly gone up a few lbs for his wins but doesn't seem any more or less exposed than anything else in this reasonable quality race. I'm taking my chance with a form horse from a stable that does well here. SUPERNAP, wish me luck!
GOOD LUCK, lets hope we get some gravy. lol

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 2.15 Ascot - Majuro Don't misunderstand me with this horse, i think a win would be outstanding but I'm jumping in for more of a place. Fantastic run in the Spring Mile and unsuitable ground at the spring cup. Slipped in the stalls at Thirsk lto but still managed 4th in a tight race. Running of 94 again and normally does well, the Callan Ryan combo always gives me confidence so this one will hopefully do it today. 0.5pts EW (but I hope he pulls out the win)

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 120 Haydock : Eleazar EW This looks a solid EW bet with a few positives, has won here twice, likes this ground and does his winning at this time of year. The trainer is in fine form too and the run at Chletenham last time will have put him spot on for this. Leighton Aspel gets the ride and he knows him well, a few pounds high really but all the ones above him are too, the danger could be Elzahann at the bottom but fully expect a placing at least.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 ( JUST A WEE POINTER ) Keep an eye on those Kray twins in the same race, Both are in the same race for one race only (THE 3-45 at Ling) M.hills for his father, & R.hills for Wullie Haggas, Take it as you like Johnny murder tipped the haggas horse on the M-Line, but he was late ''AGAIN'' top cat was on the ball at 3-45am, nail it.... you got told!!!!! come racing yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 Nottingham 3.30pm 1pt lay Look Busy The trip is the key with this race,Look Busys best form has been at 5f and today will find this trip a bit far and a good field dont help its case,good odds on Betfair aswell. To be honest if this race was run at 5f i would still lay this horse as i view the field as very handy and one will step up and win today,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 1-20 haydock-ogee-e/way even though this horse as top weight he should win this race he is a class horse he won a grade 1 novice hurdle at aintree on his first attempt at this trip and there should be more to come,so given a chance by me to carry on improving

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 4.50 HAYDOCK REDFORD (6f, Class 2, Good) Won at Doncaster & Newcastle last season after a frustrating 2yo campaign (won on 3rd start). Ran well in 2 big field handicaps at Ascot last season & definitely has a future in decent races. 4th in a group 3 at Salisbury on final outing. Has been gelded which may now help as well, interesting to see it in this race over 6f instead of Victoria Cup at Ascot however connections are possibly looking at a decent campaign this season & moving the horse into listed class. Hasnt run over 6f before but should be able to handle this.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 1.05 - Ascot - DUNCAN Makes his second appearance of the season today, and due to his fantastic win at Epsom first time out, he will not be a double figure price again, far from it. Today, he is ging to go off favourite. The 6/4 (BOG) from Paddy Power seems a fair price, but not one to have a massive bet with. Zaham looks like an interesting runner, and on his top form he is a Group horse. However, he has not been seen on the track for 385 days. Duncan, whose connections are having a tremendous start to the season, should stay this trip, and more judged by his breeding, and I do think he will have the edge over the field here today. Win @ 6/4 - Paddy Power

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 Ling 2.40 Tottie 1pt win for purposes of the thread. Interesting runner here up in trip and on better ground than what it has been on. This one had some good form last year that received several boosts, the maiden at nott worked out well as did here win at bri over the subsequent racing post trophy sixth and finally her fine effort in a listed race when she ran on quite well without the clearest of runs. That was a good race that and there is a little between here and midday on that plus she is arguably more suited to this trip, certainly shapes as though a trip is within here range and she could go well.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 4.40 hexham Like the look of nelliedonethat here last won off a mark of 89 over 3m2f drop in trip today may be a slight concern but runs off a mark of 93 today with a claimer jockey riding claiming a useful 3lb putting him just 3lb off his last winning mark and a useful 3rd came off this mark last time out without a claiming jockey! Seems to be able to produce on many goings so fast ground no concern! 1pt win nelliedonethat

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 3:15 Lingfield - Age of Aquarius - Back 4th lto was solid effort behind some good horses. Will be one of stable's main Derby hopes, so neds to go well here today. Murtagh may feel he has a point to prove, and a top jockey with a point to prove can be a dangerous animal 1pt win

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 5.15 Hexham Scale Bank 1pt win Looks to be in good form, 1st and 2nd in its last two races. Didn't seem to get the 2M 6F in its last race, so today's distance of 2M 4F will suit, (has already won at this distance). The two dangers are Dancing Dik and Moonwalking but I'm hoping that Scale Bank has enough to win today.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 just incase no one noticed jimmy fortune rides duncan in in the first at ascot then is off to lingfield to ride floodlit & chantilly tiffany. Munroe also rides at ascot then has 1 ride at lingfield.,

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 Thirsk 8:40. Ace Of Spies. 1 Point LAY This is a real quirky horse. His trainers have clearly not been sure what distance to run him over. His first trainer tried him at 7f, 8f, 9f & 10f all without success. He then changed yards and his new trainer tried him twice over hurdles over 16f. The horse said "Bugger this for a lark!" and pulled up both times. He then put him back on the flat, gradually reducing the distance, 8f, 7f.....and then, at the 21st time of asking, he won at his first trip over 6f. And what a strange race. Having pulverised the opposition on one side of the track, he seemingly got lonely and hung right over to the other side, where he just got up to win. The horse might rightly have then said to his trainer "You got the picture - I only like 6f, no further" so I'm a little surprised he is back to 7f for this one. There are other reasons to oppose him. His mark was put up 3lb for that win, but because of penalties attracted to this race for any victory after May 2, he is in fact 7lb higher today. Furthermore, he has the worst draw of all - right on the outside of the 15 runners. In truth, the opposition are pretty poor, but with 14 horses running for me I feel fairly confident at least one of them can see him off.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 LOCKED INTHEPOCKET 2.20 Hexham. 1 point each way Super Nap. Looks good value against the long odds on favourite, as although needs to improve on the one run, has the potential to be a decent animal and should be able to make this favourite pull out the stops today. May need a little bit more time and make backers look silly, but the price is there to certainly take the chance.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 ALL ABOUT YOU 2.55 Nottingham. 1 point win S/NAP. Goes into a handicap today off a decent looking mark of 85. Can show improvement for this first run back ad wouldn't need much to figure in the finish. The trip and ground's not a concern and should be able to get the race run to suit, despite the small field. Looks to have a a good chance.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 royal game 300 hex. 0.5 pts ew. needs to buck ideas up, but has the ability to win a race like this, especially off a lowly looking mark of 69. needs to prove fitness, but trainer can ready them and no reason why he cannot run his race and be involved in the finish at big odds.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 Tough day today, didn't back hills he won, backed hills in the 3-45 at ling he didn't win, backed the big gamble caravel with o'regan, somebody was taking the piss with that one, just got my fingers under the cold tap the now, this games tough, hope you had a better day.

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09 6.40 Thirsk - No Grouse (win) - Decent price on offer for this one, no doubt on the basis of his last few runs, which have been below par. His best recent runs have been over 6f however, and those aforementioned runs all over 7f. He likes to hear his hooves rattle so the underfoot conditions will be to his liking. With a decent draw and a full stone below his last winning mark, there's a definite chance for this tonight

Re: BEST BET OF THE DAY sat 9/05/09

LOCKED INTHEPOCKET 2.20 Hexham. 1 point each way Super Nap. Looks good value against the long odds on favourite, as although needs to improve on the one run, has the potential to be a decent animal and should be able to make this favourite pull out the stops today. May need a little bit more time and make backers look silly, but the price is there to certainly take the chance.
Nice call good trainer & ex lady jockey, nice price...:ok