Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 July Cup Bated Breath 1pt EW - 12/1 Boyle SpBet Tote 5th in the Golden Jubilee, but soft ground probably didn't suit him. Beat Society Rock at Haydock. Then Triple Aspect, Libranno and Monsieur Chevalier at Windsor. Triple Aspect finished 4th in G3, Libranno won a G3. Society Rock and Monsieur Chevalier finished 1st and 2nd at Ascot. Bated Breath might well need quick surface and it seems there won't be much rain next week. Society Rock is out of the race with foot injury and the 12/1 looks value to me. Coral Eclipse Workforce 3pt EW - 2/1 Centrebet WH I think I'm gonna take advantage of Centrebet's offer here. I know conditions favor So You Think and Stoute's form is a worry, but 2/1 for Derby and Arc winner with 1/4 for the places (1,2,3 paid) is pretty decent offer. Even if Workforce doesn't win, I should get 75% of my stake back. Don't really see much danger from the rest of the field and it will probably be the market principals fighting it out in the final furlong. Perth 3.20 Bold Perk 2pt EW - 9/4 SJ, 2/1 Fred VC WH Bolted up over fences yesterday off 7lb higher and if the race hasn't taken too much out of him, he should go close. Lost when sent hurdling on penultimate start, but I think he was just unlucky that day. The only thing that can stop him is if he bounces, but I trust Pipe to have him fresh and 100%. Perth 4.20 Bankstair 1pt EW - 4/1 Bet365 Fred PP WH Very decent when swtiched to chasing last year winning 2 and finishing 3rd behind the progressive Putney Bridge. Yard knows how to get them ready fto and I think the race lacks depth and Bankstair could win today.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011

Perth 3.20 Bold Perk 2pt EW - 9/4 SJ, 2/1 Fred VC WH Bolted up over fences yesterday off 7lb higher and if the race hasn't taken too much out of him, he should go close. Lost when sent hurdling on penultimate start, but I think he was just unlucky that day. The only thing that can stop him is if he bounces, but I trust Pipe to have him fresh and 100%.
He's had 3 runs in the last 11 days, how could he 'bounce'?

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Haydock 3.25 War Poet 1pt EW - 10/1 365 Lads WH Ran well in all his 3 maidens before winning easily in first handicap at Thirsk in May. Still on the up and was 2nd to Oriental Cavalier at Doncaster lto. Trip ground ideal and very much respected off just 4lb higher for a excellent up and coming trainer.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Bellewstown 6.20 Windwood Lad 0.5pt EW - 12/1 Bet365 Boyle Ran well at Ascot plugging on for 3rd when trying to make all. Today's trip is an unknow, but I think it's what he needs. Unseated at Perth 3 days ago and quick reappearance makes him of interest with Andy McNamara on board.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Beverley 3.35 Jupiter Fidius 0.75pt EW - 9/1 Bet365 C&D winner last year and ran on well when missing the break lto. This doesn't look a particularly strong race, but he always finds a way to go close without wining. Let's hope he breaks his duck for the season today.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Newton Abbot 3.45 Troy Tempest 1pt EW - 7/1 Boyle, 13/2 PP WH Unlucky to be brought down when going well lto. Probably still on the upgrade and I'll be surprised if he's not better than his current mark. This is quite a competitive affair, but he is the most unexposed horse in the race and probably the one to beat with a clear round.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Newton Abbot 3.15 Chapel House 0.75pt EW - 9/1 gen Showed nothing over hurdles for Howard Johnson in 2008. PU on debut for yard, but improved markedly when dropped to 2m4f in handicap company. Record in pointers before that 2,1,3 and the horses he split lto are both improvers. If jockey doesn't hit the front too soon like he did lto, I think he can win today. Fav is overbet due to trainer's history with other yard outcasts. Dickie Johnson's and AP's will both go well, but might struggle off top weight. My selection looks like the value and the only worry is the trainer and how fit he can keep them. Newton Abbot 4.45 Lord Lescribaa 1pt EW - 11/4 gen Often finds a way not to win, but this looks a weak race and he's been running well after his winter break. Will be amazed if he's not with a chance in a weak contest like this. Mr Bond moved to Tim Vaughan and is a capable sort, but jumping always lets him down. Seems to be bad value due to moving yards. Winning Show won a weak race lto. Tuesday's Child should be held by the selection on lto form. Play the place at Betfair to ensure 3 places even if there's a NR.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 John Smith's Cup Green Destiny 1.5pt EW - 9/1 Bet365 Well, no luck with this fella so far. Non runner in Hunt Cup when I had the 10/1 antepost. Then well backed fav in the Wolferton, but didn't run particularly well. Few of Haggas'es didn't perform at the Royal meeting though and I suspect they could've been short of gallop or two. Of course it could turn out to be that Green Destiny isn't really pattern class like I thought he would be, but I'm willing to give him another chance. Keeping my fingers crossed that Murtagh gets the ride, because I don't really trust Michael Hills in big races like this. Not that there's anything wrong with him, but Johnny is just different class for me.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Uttoxeter 6.20 Balladeer 1pt EW - 9/2 Bet365 In the veteran stage of his career, but has won last 3 starts in points recently and was competitive off similar marks in the past. Went well here 12 months ago and returns to hurdles for yard in form.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Uttoxeter 9.20 Dunbrody House 1pt EW - 9/2 WH Would have gone close over fences last twice, but unseated and fell when in contention. Can win off this mark and is very dangerous back over timber. I don't know why Frosted Grape is backed so heavily this morning. I'm not sure he stays this trip and I think he will struggle of top weight.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Worcester 6.10 Carabinier 2pt EW - 5/2 gen Looks a two horse race and I'm wiling to risk a point with 75% of the stake returned if he can't beat the fav. 7.10 Gem Mill 1pt EW - 9/2 Fred Lads VC Race full of reluctant sorts and Gem Mill's form of his last two runs could be enough to see him going close here. 8.10 Spice Bar 3pt win - 5/4 gen Not my type of bet and odds, but he won so easily lto and AP booked makes him look tough to beat and should probably be odds on.

Southwell 3.20 Mischief Man 0.75pt EW - 9/1 Coral, 15/2 VC Jumped with more fluency when winning 21f handicap chase at Cartmel last August. Didn't run too badly last month over 2m and return to further will suit. 3lbs lower and on a handy mark with jockey's 10lb claim here. Could be the one to beat carrying feather weight. Stratford 2.30 Spock 2pt win - 5/2 Corbett WH Saskompliq 1pt win - 16/1 gen Spock was a lucky winner lto, but he wasn't far away from Life Of A Luso, who won again since and not being raised by the handicapper looks rather lenient. Saskompliq was outclassed by a Nicholls horse lto, but he still ran ok and the form of his previous 3rd looks pretty strong. 1 and 2 are very decent sorts and the 4th won since. Off 112 with very good claimer on board, I think the price on offer is big. Stratford 3.30 War Party 1pt EW - 4/1 gen Unlucky at Aintree, where he just couldn't go past Sunday City in the final furlong. He was almsot brought down early in the race though and spent a lot of energy catching the leaders. Last time traveled really well here, but didn't stay 2m4f. Back to 2m and Sunday City franking the form since, I think he can reverse the Aintree placings. Few other very interesting runners, but War Party hasn't stopped improving and trainer is in cracking form.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Ayr 2.30 Timeless Elegance 1pt win - 4/1 gen Been running well this season without winning. 5f probably too short lto and return to 6f will suit. Dale Swift claims useful 5lbs today and the race looks weaker than what she has contested so far this year.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Ayr 5.00 Machir Bay 0.5pt EW - 20/1 Bet365 Given a bad ride by the amateur lto. Stayed on well to almost grab 3rd. 10f might suit and trainer has been a revelation this year. Tylicki a good booking and 20/1 is worth a gamble imo.

Ayr 2.30 Timeless Elegance 1pt win - 4/1 gen Been running well this season without winning. 5f probably too short lto and return to 6f will suit. Dale Swift claims useful 5lbs today and the race looks weaker than what she has contested so far this year.
:clap

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Killarney 8.50 Windwood Lad 0.75pt EW - 12/1 gen Make sure you don't back Whitehead Lad. Both have very similar colors. The horse is number 4 and is ridden by B.R.Dalton. I tipped him last week over 3 miles, but he didn't stay the trip. Back to 2m4f and in handicap company for the first time, I think he has a decent chance and deserves a punt. Ran really well at Aintree against 2 decent types and I think mark is lenient, but if he doesn't win today, he's probably one to scratch. Yarmouth 9.00 Native Colony 4pt win - 7/4 Lads No surprise to see him upped in trip. Lots of stamina in the pedigree and has been found an easy opportunity for his handicap debut. Yard and jockey in great form.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Uttoxeter 4.10 Gem Mill 2pt win - 10/3 gen Kilvergan Boy 0.5pt win - 5/1 gen Kilshanna 0.5pt win - 5/1 gen Gem Mil has been twice unlucky now. Met unexposed and well handicapped horses on his last 2 outings. It might be the same situation today with the Pipe runner Kilshanna, but I still think he is the bet here. I'm saving stake on the latter and on Kilvergan Boy, who won lto and looks on a good mark. Gem Mill stuck very well to the task lto and this trip appears to be what he needs.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Killarney 7.15 For The Staff 2pt win - 7/2 Lads VC Been running well in different contests and today's race looks rather weak. Should be competitive if he jumps well and if he doesn't meet something progressive, he should win this. Worcester 8.40 Very Cool 1pt win - 9/1 PP Very Cool 1pt palce - BetfairSP (3 palces) On his old form could be well handicapped, but has been off for almost an year. Connor O'Farrel gets horses jumping though and if this fella has freshened up and is fit, could run a big race tonight.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Golden Mile Green Destiny 5pt EW - 9/2 Boyle Sky VC Haggas has confirmed him for the race and I don't see the drop in trip as a problem. He's a class horse and the way he won last week suggests he's Group class, so the 3lb penalty is hardly going to stop him. Adam Beschizza will claim his usual 3 and if there isn't any plot lurking at the bottom of the handicap, I can't see Green Destiny beaten here. Should be 2/1 at worst imo, 9/2 is massive. Biggest bet of the year.

Market Rasen 3.15 Life Of A Luso 1pt win - 8/1 PP WH Degas Art 1pt win - 14/1 Boyle Life Of A Luso has been in great form and could still be well handicapped. Very genuine and will keep finding when AP asks him. Degas Art is well handicapped on old form and change of yard seems to have done him good. 3.45 Saphir Des Bois 0.75pt EW - 12/1 gen Will get his ground today when the rain hits Market Rasen and is on 2lb lower than his last winning mark. Trainer does well in this race and 12/1 is decent value. 5.30 Don Castille 0.75 EW - 9/1 Corbett, 8/1 gen Will probably like ground and very good jockey booking. Race lacks depth and my selection is still lightly raced to represent some sort of interest. Price is better than what I anticipated.

can't open oddschecker from phone, so won't quote prices.. will see history later for results Newton Abbot 2.55 Bernie The Banker 1pt win Bernie The Banker 1pt place - BSP (3 places) Ethiopia 0.5pt win 2nd over C&D in June beaten by Lord Lescribaa. Attitude looked suspect that day, but he ran well and blinkers will defnitely help in that respect. Meets his old rival on 6lb better terms and Matt Griffiths claims further 5. If blinkers don't have the opposite effect, he should reverse the form. Ethiopia's been in great form and is probably worth a saver. Stratford 3.15 Natural Action 2pt win Bolted up last week and beat two pretty decent sorts. Likes good ground, but has form on soft too, so wouldn't mind the rain. Has a 3rd over hurdles off 2lb higher and the way he beat 110ish and 120ish horse lto suggests 117 here is probably very lenient. I expect big improvement for handicap debut and if it was Tom O'Brien on board, I would have probably had even bigger bet.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Southwell 2.55 Gem Mill 1pt win - 5/1 Betfred Backing for the 178th time this summer. Very genuine horse, who keeps meeting improvers and finishes 2nd. In no way I think he is ungenuine though and off feather weight, he could be competitive today.

Southwell 2.55 Gem Mill 1pt win - 5/1 Betfred Backing for the 178th time this summer. Very genuine horse, who keeps meeting improvers and finishes 2nd. In no way I think he is ungenuine though and off feather weight, he could be competitive today.
beauty mate, the faith paid off :) :nana:nana:nana

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Uttoxeter 8.30 Choumakeur 0.75pt EW - 12/1 Sky, 11/1 VC Diddley Dee 0.5pt win - 9/2 gen Choumakeur is well handicapped on chasing form, but has been disappointing lately. Still he's been given a month to recuperate and switch to timber could see him rediscover his best form and run better today. Diddley Dee beat the progressive Bold Perk lto and despite hike in the weights, he could still be on the up and is worth a saver. Galway Plate Qulinton 1pt EW - 14/1 Lads Rejuvinated horse, who has always been a bit iffy for me, but blinkers have worked wonders with him and he recorded 2 very good wins recently. First he beat Sir Ian at Worcester with the 2 clear of the rest. The latter won very easily since. Then he went on to win a very good race at Market Rasen bolting up by 19L. Comes here with a 12lb penalty, but I have no doubt that he can defy it. He's a lot better than his current mark imo. I just hope he's over his recent exertions. If none the worse, he'll probably be the one to beat here. The excellent Conor O'Farrell will claim his valuable 3lbs and 14/1 looks very good value for me. Should be single figures.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Worcester 7.25 Mumbles Pier 0.75pt EW - 8/1 SJ, 15/2 Fred Not seen since winning good race a year ago, but only 4 lbs for that and if ready could be very well handicapped here. Worcester 8.25 Oceana Gold 0.75pt EW - 15/2 gen Good on the flat and over hurdles, but somehow questionable over fences so far. Handicap debut today however and his opening mark looks fair.

Re: Mileni Summer Jumps 2011 & Flat 2011 Oceana Gold - Another masterpiece! :clap If only I had seen it earlier - it would have been on my trixie for the day with Requinto and Rainforest Magic! ... By the way - have you recently seen your e-mail?

Oceana Gold - Another masterpiece! :clap If only I had seen it earlier - it would have been on my trixie for the day with Requinto and Rainforest Magic! ... By the way - have you recently seen your e-mail?
Yes mate, I saw it. Thanks :ok Write on the gmail one, because I don't check hotmail that often.