** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011

Newmarket 3.50 Tiddliwinks 0.75pt EW - 14/1 Lads
Why did Kevin Ryan had to run him in a Group 3 today, when he had at least 2 wins off 93 finally with proper jockey on board and he clearly needed it at Nemarket? Trainers just baffle me sometimes :unsure

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 York 4.45 Blackmore 1pt win - 6/1 Boston Blue 0.5pt EW - 22/1 Blackmore ran really well lto and meets Descaro on revised terms. Still very lightly raced and could be on the up. Wide draw not ideal, but the race is over 2m2f and I trust Hanagan to gradually make up for it. Boston Blue didn't run very well on seasonal reappearance, but the usual headgear was left off. He's visored today and will have the great 5lb Dale Swift claim to help him. On last season's form, he's quite well handicapped. I have my doubts about his resolution in a finish, but at the price I think he's worth a bet.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Ludlow 6.30 Pilgrims Lane 0.75pt EW - 20/1 PP A horse I followed few times last year. Won twice at Startford and then at Bangor. In his last win, he managed to beat today's fav The Shoe. Had a shot-up in the weights since, but handicapper has given him a chance today. Racing off 119 and Jimmy Derham is claiming further 3 pounds. His last handiacp win was off 117 and then he got placed off 125, so if he returns to that form, he could get involved here. Trainer is in good form lately and if they go a good pace, he can pick them up late and outrun his price. Wouldn't price him any higher than 12/1 personally.

Ludlow 6.30 Pilgrims Lane 0.75pt EW - 20/1 PP A horse I followed few times last year. Won twice at Startford and then at Bangor. In his last win, he managed to beat today's fav The Shoe. Had a shot-up in the weights since, but handicapper has given him a chance today. Racing off 119 and Jimmy Derham is claiming further 3 pounds. His last handiacp win was off 117 and then he got placed off 125, so if he returns to that form, he could get involved here. Trainer is in good form lately and if they go a good pace, he can pick them up late and outrun his price. Wouldn't price him any higher than 12/1 personally.
beauty mate, you are on fire at the moment :ok

Who needs Dante meeting, when we have Ludlow and Perth eh? :D Thanks guys and a gal (Silvia has to be a female name? :$) Much Appreciated.
Brilliant mate - I am indeed a Pilgrim ! My first decent winner for a while :clap:clap:cheers:ok

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Aintree 6.00 Max Bygraves 0.5pt EW - 10/1 A difficult race. Quatrocentto could return to form. Magic Sky could be well handicapped if he's back to his best. Presentandcorrect usually goes well after a break. Victor Daly has won it twice and Patsy Finnegan and Magical Legend are on the up over fences. My selection just didn't perform lto, but the ground at Newbury looked inconsistently waterded and I think he hated it. His effort over 3m at Ludlow prior to that was very good and I will have a small nibble on him, because he was very heavily backed and has only raced 4 times over fences in his career. Shapes like a chaser and with Grand National winning jockey Jason Maguire on, I think he could go well here.

Aintree 6.00 Max Bygraves 0.5pt EW - 10/1
No chance with ground easying. I didn't expect it softening that much to be fair. There wasn't much rain forecasted in the morning. Glad I tipped minimal stake.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Bangor 4.45 Fair Gale 1pt EW - 15/2 Bet365 Winner on the flat over variety of distances up to 1m4f. Won his sole hurdling start at Cork 2 years ago. Considering his rating of 87 on the flat, I think 110 for handicap debut could be very lenient. American Art is similar type, but he was not that prolific on the flat and his form was over shorter. Lawney Hill does well with the horses she gets from other yards, but I've never been a fan of King Ozzy and I think he is underpriced today. Joker Choker won well lto, but the raise in the weights might stop him. Fair Gale seems to be the best value at 15/2.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Newbury 3.45 Twice Over 0.75pt win - 8/1 Bet365 SJ Twice Over 0.75pt place - Betfair SP (3 places) Even if he needs the 1m2f, I think he's a bit overpriced here. Canford Cliffs wasn't at his best on seasonal reappearance last year and if he's ever going to get beat, it's today. Dick Trupin is also a danger, but it looks a 3 horse race to me and the place on Betfair should get most of the stake back. Cecil's are flying.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Uttoexeter 7.30 Cabal 0.75pt EW - 25/1 B365 Lads The ultimate long shot this. Has been absolutely awful over hurdles so far, but the race is so bad that I think he could spring a surprise. Used to be very decent miler for Michael Stoute on the flat (winning off 74 and placing off 79 twice). If anywhere near that form, he will piss this race. Of course, he has looked far from convincing over hurdles and stamina is far from guaranteed, but my angle today is first time handicap and headgear. Brian Hughes a decent jockey booking for a small yard as well. Month is on healthy profit and so is the year, so what the hell. Worth a shot at the price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Stratford 3.20 What's Up Doc 1pt EW - 7/1 Lads PP Not a typical chasing profile with many flat runs on the clock, but still unexposed over the larger obstacles. Won at Southwell and then followed the classy Dan Breen on his last chasing start. The horses he beat were decent hurdlers rated in the 120s-130s, so maybe it wasn't flattering at all. Trainer in red hot form and with few questions about some of the rivals here, I think he could run a decent race and is worth a bet at the price.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Market Rasen 3.00 Benmadigan 1pt EW - 15/2 Coral Sky Loves good to firm ground and usually does his winning this time of the year. Had few runs on unsuitable ground lately, but is down to his last winning mark and should be competitive here. Race is not really strong and market leaders all have doubts about either ground/distance or wellbeing.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Newton Abbot 2.50 Life Of A Luso 1pt EW - 7/2 PP Very strong fav here, who won nicely lto and is well handicapped on hurdling form. Tom O'Brien keeps the ride and he could've ridden She's On The Case, which makes me think the selection is better handiacpped. Anthony Honeyball's horse is probably the biggest danger, but he won a weak race lto and is short enough price. If Life Of A Luso jumps well, he should go very close and even if something beats him, I doubt he'll be outside the first three.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Newton Abbot 3.20 Ramses De Marcigny 1pt EW - 7/1 WH Unexposed sort, who boosts a very good bumper form. Things didn't go according to plan over hurdles, but he came good on quick ground lto winning a 16 runner maiden over CD. The two defeats over hurdles on soft ground probably left him well handicapped off 110. Despite the competitive nature of the race, I am sure top yard will have him spot on for handicap debut. Getting weight from main rivals could be crucial.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Towcester 8.20 Can't Buy Time 0.5pt win - 16/1 Have a feeling this one could return to form today. Jonjo had few winners lately and AP is on the other stable runner, because he's a very tricky ride. Not neccessarily because my selection has no chance. Worth a shot at 16/1 with the race lacking a particulary well handicapped or unexposed horse.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Kelso 3.45 Badger Foot 1pt EW - 4/1 Lads Fred WH Was an ok chaser for Jonjo O'Neil off similar marks and been going from strength to strength in pointers. Now with Lusinda Russel and should have improved enough to be competitive back over rules. Race lacks any class and not a potential improver in it, so I think my selection is probably the best handicapped. Shouldn't be out of the first three and has every chance to win.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 + Venture Into Flat 2010

3.50 Ascot - Society Rock 0.5pt EW - 50/1
Golden Jubilee Stakes Society Rock 1pt EW - 33/1 generally available Gave me a great run for the money last year. Had him at massive prices on Betfair on the day. Antepost fav Rocket Man is a non runner now. Bated Breath, who beat Society Rock lto won very well yesterday and looks a nice prospect. Got cut from 20/1 to 12/1 and is single figures in places. At the same time, Society Rock, who was just half a length from him and not 100% fit, is still available at 33s. With the big field and the potential strong pace, it will probably be enough for the James Fanshawe colt to just run to his last year form to hold every chance in this year's race. For me massive value at the price on offer.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Newton Abbot 4.45 Guam 0.5pt EW - 28/1 VC WH A shot in the dark with this one. Very lightly raced and bred to stay well. Has looked terrible over hurdles so far, but I think his game will be chasing. Nick Mitchell does well with horses going over the larger obstacles and Harry Skelton a positive booking today. The market is very open. Few 9/2 shots and all of them are no improvers, so I doubt they will run to anything more than their marks. If my selection improves could be well handicapped off 85. Worth a shot at the price I reckon.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Royal Hunt Cup Green Destiny 1.5pt win - 10/1 generally available Point North 1pt win - 14/1 Lads VC WH Point North should win at Redcar this weekend if he is to get in the race, but even if he doesn't, it should be money back. He will be balloted out if he's running off his current mark or similar. Won really well at Kempton lto and I think there's a lot more to come from him. Green Destiny won the Suffolk handicap easily and I don't think 12lb raise would stop him. He's probably pattern class and could still be well handicapped.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Newcastle 8.05 Maid Of Meft 0.75pt EW - 12/1 Lads Flew to get 3rd off slow pace lto and could perform well today if they go faster early on or at least I hope Freddy will have him closer to the pace, because he looks all stamina and if they get first run on him, he'd struggle to catch them. Worth a shot at the price anyway. Just hope the field remains intact and we get the 3 places.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Stratford 7.55 Dais Return 0.75pt EW - 12/1 Sky Ran out when in the lead lto. Unexposed over this sort of trip and could be thrown in, because he's been very lightly raced. Don't know if he'll stay, because he's never been tried beyond 3m, but in a race, where market leaders are exposed and the selection gets so much weight from them, I think the price on offer is decent. Jamie Moore won for the yard few days ago and he and Tom O'Brien will have some fun with Peter Bowen's horses this summer. Yard is now starting to fire on all cylinders.

Stratford 7.55 Dais Return 0.75pt EW - 12/1 Sky Ran out when in the lead lto. Unexposed over this sort of trip and could be thrown in, because he's been very lightly raced. Don't know if he'll stay, because he's never been tried beyond 3m, but in a race, where market leaders are exposed and the selection gets so much weight from them, I think the price on offer is decent. Jamie Moore won for the yard few days ago and he and Tom O'Brien will have some fun with Peter Bowen's horses this summer. Yard is now starting to fire on all cylinders.
Very good call Milen:clap

Stratford 7.55 Dais Return 0.75pt EW - 12/1 Sky Ran out when in the lead lto. Unexposed over this sort of trip and could be thrown in, because he's been very lightly raced. Don't know if he'll stay, because he's never been tried beyond 3m, but in a race, where market leaders are exposed and the selection gets so much weight from them, I think the price on offer is decent. Jamie Moore won for the yard few days ago and he and Tom O'Brien will have some fun with Peter Bowen's horses this summer. Yard is now starting to fire on all cylinders.
Awesome Mileni - you've leapfrogged me in BOTD also... cheeky boy ;) Well done mate - fantastic tipping :notworthy

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 & Flat 2011 Stratford 5.50 American Art 1pt EW - 4/1 Tote Ran well lto after 2 years off the track. Traveling and looking like the winner, but finishing 3rd. He might have needed that run though, so I expect a better effort today. Tout Regulier and Ghimaar both have very strong chances, but the former has been raised 12lb for his fall lto, while the latter has been 1 year off the track and might need further. From the rest, probably only Royal Max could get involved, but he won two races, where Tom Scu and AP managed to get easy leads. I doubt the young conditional will be able to do the same in a lot tougher race here.