** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

best bet of the day--25th-april

bbotd-25th april 3-10-sandown-church-island-e/way with proven form on this ground and the way the the first time blinkers worked last time he must have an exellent chance and he would be the one to beat,he as a good jockey on top and a shrewd trainer so with the hope the blinkers can have the same effect here as was the case with his 2nd in the irish grand national he will do e/way for me

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 4.50 Sandown - Jack Dawkins - e/w Jack Dawkins has not yet set the world on fire, however, he has wons 2 of his 8 races, and been placed in a further 2. However, people have been making all the right noises about him, and his trainer is an expert at getting the very best from his horses. Somewhat of a dark horse, he comes into this having dissapointed on his last 2 starts of last season. Those runs came somewhat as a surprise, as a 2nd behind Mangham on his 3rd to last start seemed to indicate that he was in good form. If he is back to his best, and has wintered well, then he could run a good race, at a decent price.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april Sandown looks a very good day out today with many good horses on show, BIG BUCKS, VOY POR ETC, i really do hope they get a very good day out and also get the weather for it. One man that will surely not let us down for the sandown card is the one and only ''Mr P Nicholls'' my nap for the hole day is OUMEYADE in the 2-35 am only backing this horse for one reason and one reason only, the BEST MATE colours and owned by Mr Lucky Jim Lewis, Trained by Mr Nicholls and has Sam Thomas on top taking the ride, if he jumps the last upfront in any way, youl hear me from anywhere in the UK. SANDOWN 2-35 OUMEYADE-NAP yaaaaa come racing.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 3:45 Sandown. Virtual. 1 point LAY It clearly a risk opposing a horse who has won his last three races. There's no doubt he's a decent horse, if he has trained on, but he wasn't exactly pulverising the opposition in those races, and was arguably having to rely on some good riding and a bit of luck in running to get home. I'm also very mindful that there was a lot more give underfoot than there is likely to be at Sandown today, and it is yet to be proven whether he can live with horses of this calibre in livelier conditions. It only needs one to be more happy in the conditions than him for the lay to succeed, and there are certainly some useful opponents in the field.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april Sandown 310 KILBEGGAN BLADE SUPERNAP Going for it big time today with a double figure supernap. Big disappointment in the national, I wasn't happy that Graham Lee rushed back from injury prematurely for this one and less happy when it transpired he handn't even schooled the horse prior as I think a jockey should have some sort of affinity with the horse. 3m5f absolutely no problem to this horse, normally jumps well enough and thankfully Paddy Brennan has a proven affinity with the horse. KB has won at Sandown too which helps and he's off a winnable enough mark. I don't think the National will have taken too much out of the horse and his form this year is good and I don't think the going will be too much of a problem. I'll be taking it e/w in real life but for sake of the competition it's boom or bust.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 5.10 Ripon Signaller - I don't care about value today, I just want to get off the cold list and put an end to the depressing run! This 1/4 shot looks the banker of the day with a promising debut under its belt and the yard in form. Win

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 4:15 Sandown - Tartan Bearer - Back I honestly can't believe that this lad is odds against. The form is absolutely bombproof. His last 2 runs have been 2nd in the Derby to New Approach, and 3rd (when absolutely screwed by interference when would have won) to Frozen Fire in the Irish Derby. Pipedreamer is a useful type but not in the same league as Tartan Bearer. As long as he's fit, this is the bet of the year so far in my opinion at 11/10 1pt win

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april Rip 2.20 Mister Laurel 1 pt win Impressed with this one lto. Was well supported and beat a horse I like in Cheviot and I was on cheviot that day but felt ML would have gone down an unlucky loser if he had lost. He was last off the bridle but couldn’t find room for a while and it looked like being crucial. However he still picked the second up late on and in the end was ever so slightly cosy at the end despite the narrow margin. A four pounds rise today I don’t think is that harsh and he could win again.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 310 San : Always Waining EW Not the greatest Whitbread I've ever seen to be honest and I liked the way Always Waining showed some signs of his old self last time at Aintree and at the prices looks value. The return to form of Peter Bowen and good ground at the same time is no coincidence as to why he ended his run of three pulled ups next to his name. Ideal conditions today again and at 14/1 should run well. (25's at Sporting Bet)

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 3.45 Sandown - Lady Deauville bit of a risk here since it enjoys soft ground rather than firm but still a top class horse and worth looking at e/w with odds as high as 40/1. trainer will probably withdraw it again (this is the 4th time it will be withdrawn!) can hold on to longer distances hasn't run in a long time, switched trainers too and hopefully its still the way it was when it was with blockley 2pt e/w

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 235 Sandown – Kalahari King – win <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Has something to find with Twist Magic on the form book but whilst that one seems to be on a downward trend based on this seasons form, Kalahari King is on the upgrade, with a great run in the Arkle behind Forpadydeplasterer and following up with a win at Aintree. Needs good ground to show his best which he will get today.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 3.10 Sandown - Always Waining e/w I like plenty here, but will go for the biggest price of all. This horse was tried at extreme distances, but during the winter and got 3 PU's. Should do well in the spring on his favorite good ground and I think he's unexposed over 3m+. Ran really well lto at Aintree and should do so again today. Tom O'Brien has won 4 times on him and is the key to this horse. Sandown should suite as well. I just think he's value and shouldn't be that big on what he has shown upto date.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 3.05 LEICESTER - ALCADE (1M 4F, CLASS 3, G/FIRM) only 4 runners contest this £15000 handicap & 2 from Johnston's stable. Alcade won its 2 races as a 2yo beating Heliodor on its final outing, that horse going on to win a conditions race at Newmarket in November & now rated 92. Alcade starts the season off a rating of 82 & i think has the scope to improve off that mark. Both wins were with a bit of cut in the ground so thats the only worry, as breeding suggests the trip will be ok. Apprentice Matthew Lawson rides the horse & takes 7lb off. Its stable companion Holberg looks like a miler to me at best & surprised to see it going up 4f in trip today off top weight. It is also raised 6lb for its latest win. Gosden has lively fling in the race & must be respected with the trip no problem when winning 1st time up this season over c/d. The 2nd that day Shemoli has since run well to be 2nd to Chilly Filly at Doncaster last week. The 4th horse in the race is Orbitor trained by Michael Bell & i am not sure the trip will suit this one either. Overall, the 7lb that the apprentice claims for Alcade may be the difference here.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april Ripon 2.20pm 1pt lay Mister Laurel Iam on my worst run of laying in this comp from Dec 08 as they say cant tip water out of a bag,this horse will go off fav and at good odds but for me has not been consistent and if a backer i would be hard pressed to put my money down. Field has a few that will run a true race and win this. Goodluck Whatever You Bet

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 3.05 Sandown Zacharova Win Would be no surprise to see Venetia Williams win another big handicap with this one today. Runs from same mark as when successful 8 days ago over 3m5f at Cheltenham and despite ground being a little livelier than ideal has a big chance of going close today at a price if this race hasn't came too soon.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 4.45 Leicester - TIGER FLASH (1pt Win) Caught my eye when finishing 3rd last time in a much stronger maiden. The extra 2 furlongs should suit today and he is entitled to strip much fitter for that run last time out. Should prove very hard to beat.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april GUEST CONNECTIONS 2.55 Ripon. 0.5 points each way. Drops to a mark of 65 and with improvement sure to come from seasonal debut, I'm sure he's therefore capable of getting in the mix here. The trip would be slightly on the short side, but I feel the pace will be strong and so we can come home strongly. Looks well weighted at a decent price.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april HOO LA BALOO 3.10 Sandown. 0.5 points each way. Paul Nicholls' horses are still finding their form at this very late stage of the season, and that cannot be said for most others. Has the form to go well and the trip and ground's fine, so off a reasonable weight he'd be the choice.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april majestic chief 320 m rasen. 0.5 pts ew. when completing he has the form to get involved in the finish of this race. can actually do better than has shown to date in my opinion, so with no trip and ground concerns and the stable not doing too badly, he is a decent price to run well.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april Oumeyade was well out classed, nice ride from ruby, sam thomas seems to get worse these days and keeps trying to jump the ends of the fences, he done it on kauto star aswell, maybe he just needs a break as he is a top class jockey, it looks a very good day out at sandown, ah well am away to fill the kettle its another POT NOODLE night, lol, best of luck to the rest of yous.

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april

Ripon 2.20pm 1pt lay Mister Laurel Iam on my worst run of laying in this comp from Dec 08 as they say cant tip water out of a bag
Well, you certainly came back with a bang, laying a favourite who finished last. Well done, Zero :ok

4:15 Sandown - Tartan Bearer - Back I honestly can't believe that this lad is odds against. The form is absolutely bombproof. His last 2 runs have been 2nd in the Derby to New Approach, and 3rd (when absolutely screwed by interference when would have won) to Frozen Fire in the Irish Derby. Pipedreamer is a useful type but not in the same league as Tartan Bearer. As long as he's fit, this is the bet of the year so far in my opinion at 11/10 1pt win
:nana:nana:nana Rides like that are what make Ryan Moore the best flat jockey in the world

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 8.20 wolverhampton Abu Dubai looks to love this course and distance having finished runner up here last 2 times out and does recieve another 2lb to carry but should be more than in the running for a place yet again, also has nice inside draw to boost sweeney ridng again! 1pt win abu dubai

Re: best bet of the day--25th-april 8.50 Wolves - LUTHIEN - win I really like the look of this Walter Swinburn filly in the maiden. Slowly away on debut last season, she ran on really well when getting the hang of things. Sure to know more this time, sure to be suited by the step up in trip, and looks amazing value at 8/1 currently

5.10 Ripon Signaller - I don't care about value today, I just want to get off the cold list and put an end to the depressing run! This 1/4 shot looks the banker of the day with a promising debut under its belt and the yard in form. Win
Now this really is getting beyond a joke. 24 selections, 24 losers, time time a 1/5 shot turned over from the inform Johnston yard, by one from a yard that are in awful form. That is three seconds in three days, when you're down the bottom these horses really know how to kick you in the balls when you are down don't they :lol The annoying this is that I've managed to find winners outside of the BBOTD thread, but whatever is posted in here seems to be cursed lol. On a lighter note, well done Wizzkid Walter, Zero and Palacement for winning naps.

Now this really is getting beyond a joke. 24 selections, 24 losers, time time a 1/5 shot turned over from the inform Johnston yard, by one from a yard that are in awful form. That is three seconds in three days, when you're down the bottom these horses really know how to kick you in the balls when you are down don't they :lol The annoying this is that I've managed to find winners outside of the BBOTD thread, but whatever is posted in here seems to be cursed lol. On a lighter note, well done Wizzkid Walter, Zero and Palacement for winning naps.
Am sure everyone understands as we have all been down that road, if i go in for a bet myself i can turn into a freak, but when i open my mouth or post a tip it gets stuffed, as they say your only as good as your last goal.