Best bet of the day 3rd april

5.05 bath Captain carey has been turned around very quickly after a decent looking win probably wanting to get another run out of him before handicap reassess's. Aslong as he can put his all weather performance on to turf should run well. 1pt win Captain carey

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 4.55 Aintree. Captain Americo. 0.5 e/w. Captain Americo seems to be progressing well.His 2nd last run at Wincanton over 22 furlongs resulted in a win by a neck to Charity Lane.His last run at Kempton over 25 furlongs showed he relished the step up in trip by winning convincingly by 6 lengths to Midas Way going away.He comes to Aintree fresh(that last run was on Feb.28).The trainer Andrew Turnell is flying at the moment,his last 8 horses to run have produced 3 winners,4 places and the oter runner was 3rd in a six horse race.Captain Americo ticks all the right boxes and I wouldn't be surprised to see it win,but I will play safe and go e/w on it.Currently 7/1 at the bookies.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april

SportHorse Racing
Event3.45 Aintree
SelectionIrish Raptor
Strength1pt win
DateFriday 3rd April
Bookmaker/Price14/1 Tote
ReasoningIrish raptor has been running well all season & is now 6lb lower than when 2nd in this race last season. That puts it into the top 3 at least if reproducing that form. Also 4lb lower than best winning mark.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 330 Musselburgh - Peter's Gift 1PT WIN Running 4lbs below his official highest mark, but crucially is running off the same mark as when he lost his maiden tag towards the end of last season over c&d. C&d experience is a crucial part of turf racing, and this animal can see off the very progressive Green Agenda.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 4.30 Bath Espy - progressive handicapper last term, winning two sprints at Kempton and Newmarket before being denied the hat-trick off current mark at Haydock when last seen. However, is only 4 lbs higher than last win and after only six starts is open to more improvement than most of these. Both wins to date have come over 5f but breeding points to him being able to handle 6f too. Has tackled it before, but only in maidens, and worth another stab now in handicaps. 1 pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 420 Aintree : Karabak 2pts Banker Interesting race with one or two stepping up to this trip and taking on those that ran well at the distance at Cheltenham. Weapons Amnesty, Pride Of Dulcote and On Raglan Road bat for the festival 3 milers, a race I thought didnt look exceptional to be honest so happy to take those on with Karabak and Pause And Clause, of the two Karabak has to be the choice, he slammed P&C's stablemate Kangaroo Court at Ascot which has run well since and his festival conqueror looks above average so was no disgrace to finish second there. Should stay the trip ok around here, in fact the track will suit and the price looks like holding up so will play the 'super nap' as I may not get many decent jumping opportunities this month.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 2:35 Aintree - Herecomesthetruth - Back Looks an outstanding sort. Bypassed Cheltenham with this race specifically in mind, so may be fitter than many of these as the majority ran at the festival. Has beaten some good types in his last few runs, and almost impossible to see him getting beaten today 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 3.45 Aintree - FINGERONTHEPULSE Barry's best ride of the competition he says and the horse seems to be progressing. Will love the course and ground and an e/w bet seems great value at 14/1 2 pts e/w

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april Ain 4.20 Karabak 1 pt win Stepping up in trip which I like here. This one has improved throughout the series for stepping up in trip. He won over an extended 2m earlier this season but this likeable sort who continually stepped up since then. He was most impressive when winning at asc and then ran well in defeat at chelt where he made late progress to be second having found the slowly run nature of the race against him and leaving him temporarily flat footed at a crucial stage. Again there is a question about the trip here stepping up, on pedigree his half brother actually is a stayer for what its worth. However I like him here, he is quite similar to Walkon with his attitude and with his trainer in good form he is the pick.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april Aintree 3.10 Voy Por Ustedes WIN Jumped poorly LTO when finishing 2nd in the Ryanair at Cheltenham yet still had a couple of these behind on that occasion. Won this race last year when giving Master Minded a thrashing and with ground conditions ideal and Alan King's stable form looking solid I can't see this one being beaten today. Nacarat may give him most to think about with Tartak showing Tom George's string are currently in fine fettle.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 3.10 Aintree - TIDAL BAY (1pt Win) Hard to imagine him not being involved in the finish here looking at his run last time out. He finished 4th in the Ryanair, but was given a very poor ride by Denis O'Regan and would definetly have been closer to Voy Por in 2nd, had he been ridden more forcefully. Conditions look absolutely ideal for him this afternoon and I think he offers terrific value at 11/2.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 2-35 aintree-killyglen e/way was in process of running a great race when he hit the fifth fence from home jockey wasnt hard on him after chance had gone the horse he beat before that [cheif dan george] as boosted the form in no certain terms so giving him chance to make amends for that mistake he made last time

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 455 Aintree - Mirage Dore - each way I backed this for the Coral Cup at the Festival and narrowly missed out with ther horse finishing 2nd. Theres a suspicion that the rider left it late to make the challenge - she was certainly staying on well. A 6lb rise for that seems reasonable and the step up in trip to 3 miles should be in her favour. The form of his easy course & distance win over Fair Along has worked out very well after Fair Along subsequently won twice in better races and then ran 3rd in the Cleeve Hurdle , only beaten 6 lengths and 2 lengths by World Hurdle market leaders Big Bucks and Punchestowns.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 3.10 Aintree - Tidal Bay 2pt win Record at Aintree 2,1,1,1. Reported not 100% for Cheltenham and still ran on at the finish to grab 4th. I think he has a great chance on this ground and on this track today. Trainer has always said he jumps better off better ground. Paddy's 6/1 has to be attacked.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april Ain.4.20.KARABAK second in a 2m5f Grade 1 novice at Cheltenham festival,step up in trip. big gamble this AM. The Irish horse. Weapon's Amnesty showed improvement 3m Grade 1 at Cheltenham will be the danger. Only one runner in this race failed to Winin it's last Three runs. Others considered. 2.35 Seigmaster.an Irish Gamble. at Bath 3.20 Carte Dore at 7-1 in from 14s

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april 3.45 Always Waining (Each way) Pulled up on last 3 starts but has excuses regarding trip and ground. Back to shorter trip today and better ground and could be dangerous at a big price. Won at Aintree June 2008, has fallen down the handicap and now only 6lb above last winning mark when staying on well.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april Aintree 4-20 Weapons Amnesty The favourite Kabarak is unproven at 3 miles, so I like the look of Weapons Amnesty . He can confirm superiority over Pride Of Dulcote, who he beat in the 3 mile novice at Cheltenham more comfortably than the winning margin of 0.5L suggests.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april Aintree 4.20pm 1pt lay Weapons Amnesty A few on this race today backing Karabak,for me the field is good today. Weapons Amnestys form stands up today but there are a few in the field that will push this all the way and will win today. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

SportHorse Racing
Event3.45 Aintree
SelectionIrish Raptor
Strength1pt win
DateFriday 3rd April
Bookmaker/Price14/1 Tote
ReasoningIrish raptor has been running well all season & is now 6lb lower than when 2nd in this race last season. That puts it into the top 3 at least if reproducing that form. Also 4lb lower than best winning mark.
well done bowles great stuff :nana:nana:nana

good day in here' date=' cracking winner from Bowles and CC, Welshman, Chris Samba, Zero and Mowlgi (EW) also in the money :clap[/quote'] thanks guys & well done to the other winners today, pity i cant claim the 14's it was last night!

good day in here' date=' cracking winner from Bowles and CC, Welshman, Chris Samba, Zero and Mowlgi (EW) also in the money :clap[/quote'] Well said Fin - some cracking tips here today :ok I'll probably lower the standard with this one ! :lol W7.20 Desperate Dan 1pt Win The 3 market principals look to have this between them but I'm really not a fan of the jockeys on the other 2 (Neil Brown and Adrian Nicholls). Both these rivals had different jockeys on board when showing decent form lately but I can't be having either of these so Tom Queallys mount will do for me at around 3/1. The horse runs its best races over c&d and the in form trainer turns this one out quickly so I'm hopeful of a follow up win tonight.

Re: Best bet of the day 3rd april Wolves 20:50 - Empowered 1pt win Half brother to Authorized, disappointed on debut when 4th of 14 at Leicester, move to Haggas' stable and won FTO for them on the AW at Kempton last year, in on a mark of 82 tonight and he should take all the beating here.