BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09

3.20 Doncaster Icelandic has a poor drawn down the middle of the track but he is one of the classiest horses in the field and was a Group 3 winner at home. He won a listed race here at the back end of last season in tremendous style, as he didn't come off the bridle until they hit the 1f pole and was cruising for Hayley Turner. When asked to quicken he got the job done in great style and given that he is proven to go well fresh I think he has the class to win this. He came from a similar sort of position last time and was dropped in, and if able to manoevre himself into a good early position could go well. 15/2 with Paddypower tonight. EW.

Best Bet Of The Day 28/03/09 Saturday DONCASTER 16:30 (BOB BEEVERS MEMORIAL MAIDEN STAKES (CLASS 5)) Horse Name: London Bridge Notes:Eyecatcher 25/10/08 Newbury 1m good to soft class 4 R Havlin weight 9.3 K Abdulla 18/Ran Finished 2nd behind Monitor Closely was riding easily in the middle of the pace got impeded came to the near rail & was giving no room to move when crowded on the rail got in the clear & finished well Only bet of the day J Gosden stable in great form J Fortune rides WIN

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 Kempton 5.20pm 1pt lay Meshtri Up to 2m in the trip today and with a few in a strong field that look good im laying today,Meshtris form is not bad but today i feel he has to much to do with the trip and against a strong field. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 3.20 Doncaster Pusey Street Lady EW Much more obvious picks in this race and I will be backing Icelandic also but Pusey Street Lady looks over priced to me. Last win was at todays course also over 6F almost exactly a year on testing ground. This may suggest that todays faster ground will not suit but she holds two wins early in career on good ground. Goes well fresh and will race up with the pace and I am hoping for enough improvement for young Buick to be driving her home at the finish.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 3.55 Don. Mia's Boy. 0.5 e/w. (currently around the 16/1 mark.) This horse has been known to go well fresh.It has won on all types of going.It is 1 from 2 at Doncaster.It is 2 from 2 during March.Jimmy Quinn rides and his record is 8 runs 3 wins and 1 place.I have trawled through all the trends for this race and this horse meets a lot of them.So at 16/1 I think it's a cracking e/w bet.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 AL HABASEYA 1.50 Kempton. 1 point win. Appears a big price considering she's open to any amount of improvement over this longer trip and Clive Britain has been in good form recently. The surface wouldn't be a concern and although the draw's not ideal, I'm sure Dazzler will either bounce her out or sit in behind and find the gaps late on. Looks a decent each way bet, but I'll go win for the sake of the competition.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 bond together 210 doncaster. 1 pt win. debutant, but ive been told to watch and follow this fella this season and although he'll certainly come on for this run, I've heard he's worked well enough to thought of as a potential winner of this race. Gone through the cards today and cannot find anything solid, so I'll go with this guy to bring home the bacon.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 Nad 3.55 Archipenko 1 pt win for purposes of the thread. Best bet on the day here and could be an e.w steal. A horse of a lot of promise for AOB but has stepped up for MDK. They have put blinkers on him and that has helped him a lot seemingly. He ran well in this last year to only just fail to win in third and since then has upheld his form really well. Came over here to win a group 2 and unluckily denied over in America. He won his prep for this when supposedly not 100% in good style and may do so again and at the worst is a solid e.w price to nothing.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 4.00 Lingfield - Lodge Lane Pulled up in his last two outings, but he is an extremely talented horse, who beat festival winner Witchita Lineman easily earlier in the season and is a very good hurdler rated 147 beating Tazbar and Pride Of Dulcote. With rating over fences 146 and yard hitting the winners again after a quiet spell, Lodge Lane shouldn't be 3/1. This horse was a RSA class, but the yard bad form came at the wrong time. With a clear round of jumpin he'll take all the beating.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 250 Lingfield: Valento I was quite impressed by the way this one won last time, it was a fair race and he didnt mess about pulling clear one he hit the front down the back straight. His Newbury debut is working out very well so the form looks reliable. He has a couple of decent animals in opposition from the top stables and i'm sure if this was trained by one of them then the price would be a couple of points less, 7/1 at the moment, I expect a little less to be honest so will go for the win but a sound place bet anyway can be had.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 5.20 kempton Riguez dancer looks a great each way bet here, has won over longer and shorter distances than todays, recieves another 10lb rise in handicap for recent win stays well and donaghty on board again. Yet to be seen on kempton. 0.5pt e/w riguez dancer

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 5.05 Doncaster Another big field of 20 line up for this Class 4 handicap over 1m2f. Another warm fav in this at 9/2 but it's not a price I'd take in a field of this size. On the round course, I prefer to stick to horse drawn low to middle and the one I like from near the top of the weights is: Veiled Applause (14/1 Stan James) - Can be a frustrating sort with 8 career 2nd's but in the first 2 on turf in 50% of its races so it's certainly a capable type. Only one race here and finished 2nd of 15 to Best Prospect last term so track suits. Has had 2 pipe openers on the AW to put it spot on for this and comes here off the same mark as when last seen on turf, a Class 3 race at Ripon when 2nd of 11 at 16's. Has an excellent with this jockey on board when racing over 10f on turf and a repeat of those efforts will see this horse go very well indeed. 4 starts and has finished 2nd of 15 at 11/1 in Cl 4 off 77, 1st of 11 at 9/2 in Cl 4 off 79, 5ht of 18 at 8/1 in Cl 3 off 85 (only 1L back) and 2nd of 11 at 16/1 in Cl 3 off todays mark of 83. Any ease in ground would be nice and from a nice draw of 9, I expect this horse to be challenging inside the last at very rewarding EW odds. 1pt EW Super Nap

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 Sorry my first selection is a non runner pls ignore lol!! Try again: 5.40 Bridgewater boys has run into some nice form again recently and will be far from disgraced here today, no rise in handicap for a recent win and a nice looking 3rd, has won off much higher marks than todays. 0.5pt win bridgewater boys

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 ROCKJUMPER 2.35 Uttoxeter. 1 point win. Not an bvious choice, but I think the race will be run to suit and that can be good enough to see them bidding for him after the race. The trip and ground is of no concern and Christian Williams is riding very well of late. The price looks very appealing.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 Uttoxeter 4:20. Openditch There are a number of horses that you can make a case for in this race, and they would include the above named, who has been a consistent sort. However, after winning as a novice in late 2007, the allocated weight in handicap company has proved a shade too much for him. He has only run once since May 2008 - in December at Cheltenham - when he failed to perform up to previous form. The lengthy lay-off might have been the reason, but there must be question marks. The Pipe/Murphy combination should keep the price lower than is merited, and I feel he is worth opposing.

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 DONCASTER 2:10 Isle Of Ellis 20-1 RPF EW Trainer and jockey combo of Robert Winston and A J McCabe did well for the AW season. They had 13 wins from 48 runs at +43.50lsp. It might be a good idea to get a TJ combo with a high strike rate for this type of race. 1PT @ 25-1 BET365 BOG

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 3-20 doncaster BEAVER PATROL 6 furlongs on quick ground ideal conditions , should get a good tow into the race up the rail , fit from 3 spins in dubai , the last of which he won in good style , with questions to answer for alot of the oposition odds of around 7/1 could represent decent enough value

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 3.00 Kempton - Baylini - EW - I keep backing her, I'm sure she'll win a good race over further than 10 furlongs. Disappointed last week but that was at group 3 level and this should be easier. Ran well here at Kempton a couple of runs ago when 2nd to Scintillo, who went on to win that Group 3 last week Big field today should suit as she needs to be held up and come with a late run

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 Donc 3.55 Cobo Bay – 1 mile is his trip and I fancy this one to go close for trainer Kevin Ryan. He had solid form in handicaps as a 3 year old so running in a race such as the Lincoln wont bother him. He will be held up and will no doubt appreciate the strong pace and is drawn to capitalise on any low draw bias against the rails in stall 1. He ran with credit against older horses last year and will improve with age. At 4 he is more than ready to run a big race here.

0.5 pts ew :ok

Re: BBOTD - Sat 28/3/09 Doncaster 3.20 Vitznau Win This one made a nice reappearance at wolves when 2nd in a listed race over 7f. Certainly has the pace for 6f, Hannon's only horse here today and stable going well. Must go close.