** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - 7th & 8th of April

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April

Anyone agree that 1.54 is a little short for under 2.5 goals for Liverpool Chelsea tomorrow? I know there are usually few goals but still...1.54? I'm thinking lay here!
I've seen this happen so many times, where everyone expects it to be a tight game, very few goals and the odds get pushed down to 1.50 for under 2.5 only for the game to end up 3-3 or something. I never taken under / over 2.5 at odds of 1.50 because quite a lot of the time it goes the other way.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April erm why do barca to win at 1.44 when them to score is 1.77??? i think this is the best bet.. or half time barca full time barca is 2.10 :) or barca to score more than bayern both halfs is 9/4 ... bayern have class but i can see barca scoring at least 3. im doing 3-1 score too just got that feeling :)

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Liverpool v Chelsea Liverpool seem to be the Prem Leagues inform team at the moment but at they were lucky to be bag a late goal against Fulham in their last game, Chelsea won 2-0 in their last game which was against an out of form Newcastle but that should give them confidence to come into tonights game as it's the away goals that are somtimes the most crucial in this competion Which is why I think a draw could be on the cards tonight as I think Liverpool will score first then If Chelsea manage to get a goal in they can hold it at that knowing they have the away goal advantage when they meet again. Draw 2/1 Bet365 Liverpool Score first 10/11 Bet365

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Everyone expects as i see another boring game between those two.Surely history showed that those expectations are jutified.But ithink this game can be far more ineresting this time because of guus then anyone expects. About other match, Barca will probably win it,but it looks like a goal fest to me.Bayern can score for sure.Over 3.5 at odds around 2.50 is tempting. Anyway, i will make my bets, hope for positive results : )

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Was thinking of backing a very inform Liverpool -0.25... I am just worried how worried they would be about winning this match over doing what Aston Villa did with their last UEFA match against CSKA and concentrate on the EPL more since they are closer than ever to Man Utd?

Was thinking of backing a very inform Liverpool -0.25... I am just worried how worried they would be about winning this match over doing what Aston Villa did with their last UEFA match against CSKA and concentrate on the EPL more since they are closer than ever to Man Utd?
I wouldn't approach the match with this type of thinking. Liverpool is a high calibre team in terms of management, coaching, roster and a fan base and that means that they want everything. Whether they can get it is another question...Basically, motivation is not an issue!

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April As the Villarreal - Arsenal and Man U - Porto games indicated, anything can happen at this level which should make us cautious about jumping on short odds. It is simply a question of value. The bookies are offering short odds for the under 2.5 in the Liverpool - Chelsea match and short odds for the over in the Barcelona - Bayern match. Going against the tide provides for odds well over even for both matches. Betting against the over/under favourite odds allows one to collect profit with only one coming in. If two come in then that is even better. Sure, neither might win, but anything can happen at this level and I'd would rather be in that equation with an expected payout over 2.00 instead of 1.50. So, Barcelona - Bayern: Under 2.5 goals @ 2.33 (Canbet) 10/10 Liverpool - Chelsea: Over 2.5 goals @ 2.70 (Bet365) 10/10

I hope you notice, that this comment is inappropriate, hmmm??:eyes I played it, like I did several times in CL with high stakes, won a lot of money till now and this time it failed, so what? As I posted I sured my bet 3/4 with both to qualify, so all I have to do is to play against ManU in second leg to sure up loss to half. I think Barca will not surprise today... I would play this bet again and again, because I was absolutely convinced about that. Porto got a lucky late draw but I'm sure if they play 10 times against each other in a row, ManU will win almost all, even under these circumstances. IMO Porto is not in same class as ManU, Barca or Pool, before and after this match. They are a good team but not more. But this time they got most possible result and I don't want to defend ManU by mentioning heavy legs, injuries bla bla bla...Well done Porto, well done all Porto backers, great job :ok
Caveman your double Barcelona and man utd was far from being ridiculous no one is able to understand man u performance yesterday may be that matches are coming up too quickly for them now but believe me this tie is far from over and my banker for the next round is man u to win at least 2 nil over porto. the last time they had this slip of form was against arsenal then after that they go winning 10 match without conceding a goal so character is the one of the greatest thing of this club and what will make them bring victory from portugal..:D

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April I think the bet tonight is liverpool in 90 minutes,Surely this is the best liverpool team we have seen under benitez and currently the best spell of their season. Chelsea are without drogba and havent been the most convincing of late against spurs and even for spells against newcastle, Anfield on a european night.... 13/10 pp is a very generous price Also value maybe draw/lpool 4/1 pp

I think the bet tonight is liverpool in 90 minutes,Surely this is the best liverpool team we have seen under benitez and currently the best spell of their season. Chelsea are without drogba and havent been the most convincing of late against spurs and even for spells against newcastle, Anfield on a european night.... 13/10 pp is a very generous price Also value maybe draw/lpool 4/1 pp
I didn't think it was definite Drogba is out for today's game? Probably one to watch during the course of the day. I've taken Liverpool DNB @ 1.50 because I don't believe Liverpool will lose today given their recent performances and the knowledge that they need a positive result out of the home leg if they are to progress.

I didn't think it was definite Drogba is out for today's game? Probably one to watch during the course of the day. I've taken Liverpool DNB @ 1.50 because I don't believe Liverpool will lose today given their recent performances and the knowledge that they need a positive result out of the home leg if they are to progress.
Apparently Drogba and Gerrard have both passed fit to play today. I still think that Liverpool can take this game, might only be by a small margin but I believe they can take the win. I'm taking Liverpool -0.25 @ 1.90. GL :ok

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Liverpool (2.26 @ pinnacle) Liverpool are the form team and even though they scored a very late winner against Fulham, they could have been up by 4 goals such was their dominance in the first half, but each time they hit the crossbar or the post. They have scored some huge wins in recent weeks (Man Utd 4-1, Real Madrid 4-0 and Aston Villa 5-0) so they will be brimming with confidence heading into this game, against a Chelsea side they seem to meet on a regular basis in the latter stages of the CL. What makes a Liverpool win even more likely is if Drogba doesn't play, but even if he does, the defence has been solid of late and it will be difficult for him to prise through. Chelsea too their time to beat Newcastle and were generally unconvincing in their performance. Also they have been beaten by Liverpool in both of their games in the EPL. With the partnership of Torres and Gerrard continuing to bear fruit, and in front of a packed home crowd, look to the Reds to take a lead into the second leg Liverpool 2-0! Barcelona -1.5 (2.20 @ pinnacle) Barcelona's class is evident and they will look to take a big lead into the second leg considering that Bayern are missing a couple of defenders as well as their main striker. They destroyed Lyon 5-2 at home and what is worrying for Bayern is that they have shown a tendency to concede goals, and now with some of their defence missing, then this looks even more ominous for them as they travel to the Nou Camp to face probably the best team in the competition. Barcelona 4-1

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Hi guys, been a long time admirer and follower of the PL, now hopefully I can become a positive member of the PL community. My first tips I can add to the forum come in this evening's champions leagues games. Liverpool V Chelsea - Liverpool win DNB @ 1.57 (Hills) Liverpool come into this match on some decent form. They sit second in the Premiership, one point off leaders United although the Manchester club have one game in hand. They have seen United drop several points over the last few weeks and their chances of overtaking the current League Champions have increased dramatically. Thier own form has been decent over the last month or so, winning their last 5 games in all competitions, whilst scoring 16 goals and only conceding 1. In previous meetings between the two teams at Anfeild, Liverpool have won 65.33% of games, while Chelsea have only managed victories in 13.33% of the ties. Chelsea have not managed to beat Liverpool at Anfeild since October 05/06 season where they recorded a 1-4 win. Chelsea's form has certainly improved since Hiddink took charge, but they still look a tad suspect when away from home, as they defeat at White Heart Lane to Spurs a couple of weeks ago proved. Injury news shows that Liverpool's midfeild miastro, Stevie Gerrard is passed fit, however their argentinian 'bulldog' Mascherano will be suspended. Early indications point to Drogba being passed fit for the Londeners. I cannot see Liverpool losing this game, but in the Champions League you can never fully predict what will happen, that is the beauty of it. GL with all your bets guys :ok

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April One thing that we must not forget in the the liverpool match is the return of michael essien in chelsea squad he is a really touch midfielder that can create problem for liverpool to develop his football today. Everything point to aliverpool win today but i have a feeling that it will be a very tight match which can go either way

Caveman your double Barcelona and man utd was far from being ridiculous no one is able to understand man u performance yesterday may be that matches are coming up too quickly for them now but believe me this tie is far from over and my banker for the next round is man u to win at least 2 nil over porto. the last time they had this slip of form was against arsenal then after that they go winning 10 match without conceding a goal so character is the one of the greatest thing of this club and what will make them bring victory from portugal..:D
Let's hope so, by goodness! :ok

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Hi,all, greetings from Greece First time posting. I have read all your posts and just want to post my beliefs for the games today. I have bet from the weekend 390 Euro valencia-getafe over 3,5 @ 3,1, werder-Hannover over 2,5 @ 1,45 end the third is barca alone over 2,5 @ 2,4. I really cant think how Bayern can defend this amazing barca squad, especially with defenders like breno,demichelis,oddo and lahm. Lahm is an attacking wing back just like barca's daniel alves who rarely remembers his defensive obligations plus his defendig skills are fair, breno is just average with no experience at all, center back is not demichelis original position and he is way too slow for barca's attack and oddo also just average. I don't know if i am just trying to convince my self but i really cant think how can bayern defend. Having seen all year both bayern and barca my bets except this previously quoted would be: correct score 4-1 another score @ betfair's correct score Hope tonight will watch what i expect and at the end with some good cash. Good luck to all

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Last FCB team news due to kicker: phillip lahm won't definitely play, got injured ... AND SURPRISE, SURPRISE: Clown Rensing won't play :nana:cheers:drums:nana:clap Instead of him of course H.J.Butt :ok If anyone thinks he will see a goal fest today, he should reconcider his opinion. 35 year old Butt is much better than Rensing ever was!!

One thing that we must not forget in the the liverpool match is the return of michael essien in chelsea squad he is a really touch midfielder that can create problem for liverpool to develop his football today. Everything point to aliverpool win today but i have a feeling that it will be a very tight match which can go either way
Hi Fellow Punters, I agree with the overall opinion that the Liverpool/Chelsea game will be tight,and I have just seen a bet on Paddy Power that looks worth a punt ..11/4 that a penalty will be awarded..,IMO that looks like a good possibility,because Chelsea are not the defensive machine they once were,Alex ,in particular, looks dodgy under pressure,and with Torres,Gerrard,in such blistering form,in and around the box,11/4 looks a very tasty bet!!!. Good Luck to you all;)

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April i'm going for chelsea 1-0 win. basically i think this will be high tempo game from liverpool and it always puts teams under pressure and liverpool will be pumped up but i think chelsea defense will be on top tonight. i think when liverpool concede first goal they will burn out trying to find an equalizer. it won't come though tonight

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April the 3rd of the 4 players of a not so steady (to say the least) defense is out for today's game against the best attacking team in the world. Even if butt plays instead of rensing i don't really believe that could make any difference. Butt is a good keeper but not at the level to define a match by himself plus he hasn't played straight games. Butt,Oddo,demichelis,breno,lell..... What to say, just wonder how they will prevent barca from scoring at least 3 goals, anxious to see what will happen

Uauuu...i agree that Caveman´s double was a good bet... but Man Utd to win 2 nil in Dragao???? that´s faaaaaaar away from being a banker...id say that´s a dream. do you remeber the last time Porto lost at home for a Top Team???? of course you dont...dont go check the stats..you wont find it...Porto never lost a top match... the tie is definitely far from over...but Man Utd to win 2 nil in dragao? i dont see that hapenning... GL anyway:ok

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Liverpool v Chelsea - over 2.5 goals @ 2.84 betfair Two notoriously tight defences but there could be a bit of value in the over 2.5 goals. Hiddink has a reputation for attacking football and has publicly said that Chelsea will take an attacking approach tonight in a bid to get the away goal. Liverpool are in good goalscorting form themselves recently and are capable of scoring at the other end with Torres and Gerrard on form.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLiverpool vs Chelsea
SelectionLiverpool
Strength10/10
Date08/04/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningChelsea do not impress me as a team and I find they tend to scramble over the line in most games. Liverpool meanwhile have been fantastic lately and they could easily outclass Chelsea here. Their performance against Real Madrid in the last round was special and a repeat of that will make this 2.28 price look a gift. With a hostile crowd behind them as always, I reckon Liverpool will win this game comfortably.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventLiverpool vs Chelsea
SelectionLiverpool
Strength10/10
Date08/04/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
ReasoningChelsea do not impress me as a team and I find they tend to scramble over the line in most games. Liverpool meanwhile have been fantastic lately and they could easily outclass Chelsea here. Their performance against Real Madrid in the last round was special and a repeat of that will make this 2.28 price look a gift. With a hostile crowd behind them as always' date= I reckon Liverpool will win this game comfortably.
I agree with you that the chelsea with see this year is far from the chelsea we used to know but i think this is due mainly to the fact that they hire at the start luiz felipe scolari which is not made for english league. With gus hidink they are slowly but surely gaining their tempo back and this game could come no better time. A win or a nil today could really boost them to go all the way.

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Liverpool vs Chelsea Have a feeling that the first leg of this will mirror their last meeting in 2008 where it was 1-1. Both of last night's games also ended in draws, and 1st legs are normally cagey affairs as regards tactics. With this in mind I am not going for the normal Draw but rather the Come From Behind & Draw bet. Selections: Liverpool to Come From Behind and Draw @ 7/1 Chelsea to Come From Behind and Draw @ 13/2 (split stakes with PP)