** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL - 7th & 8th of April

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April

If you fancy Porto to nick a goal tonight' date=' I would not put anyone off the 7/1 on betfair for '[b']Hulk' anytime scorer, Ive just watched bits of this guy on youtube and he looks like a very good player.
sounds a bit silly but two months ago i emailed a lot of bookies to ask for two bets: Hulk to be win the FIFA World Player or to be Top 3 of the FIFA World Player in a couple of years. some of them asked me who is Hulk, others said they couldn´t offer such a bet others said the traders department was analising it. anyway, i believe that guy will be the substitute of Ronaldo if he leaves Man Utd. Today the world of football will be amazed by Hulk´s quality...the guy is a machine...he dribles, he shots, he runs, he is powerful...will be funny to watch Oshea or Neville running after him. if you guys have the opportunity go to youtube and watch the goal agains sporting..Rochemback seems like a child running after Hulk :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

though in Kiev - Porto he showed some cards..at least 2..double yellow and red card to Lucho as he took off his shirt after that late goal.
That concerns me. I was using Soccerbase.com for my stats and they showed no yellows or reds in that game, so perhaps they are unreliable....

That concerns me. I was using Soccerbase.com for my stats and they showed no yellows or reds in that game' date=' so perhaps they are unreliable....[/quote'] Soccerway.com shows 6 yellows and the red card mentioned above.

Man Utd vs Porto A lot of people are making too much of what they saw of Porto during the early part of the season... there were a lot of changes to the team and we have come a long, long way since then. Porto are currently playing the best football since 2004, that is, since they were European Champions. The main difference to that side is as others have said the defence. I sure hope we don t leak a goal again today but I am far from assured with Helton on goal. The rest of the back 4 though are not what some portray them to be. The midfield is playing really well on the other hand, Lucho, Meireles and Fernando in very, very good form. They can keep it up tonight. There is no question that ManUnited are the better team but Porto can make their life difficult tonight. I can agree with Jota s point that the best bet is probably for Porto to score - I wouldn t be surprised to see something like a 2/1 scoreline. The point is, difference in quality notwithstanding, this is not a banker guys. And come on, Porto have beaten ManUnited in Eurocomps previously , not once but twice / in 2004 and 1978 if memory serves me right. If we get our act together defensively, we can bring this to a real big decider at the Dragao. Fingers crossed ...
Thanks for your input mate :ok @Caveman, be optimistic :lol

Soccerway.com shows 6 yellows and the red card mentioned above.
Thanks for that. I'll use that site in the future. Switching to the Villareal game, I just noticed that BET365 are offering 0,+0.5 @ 1.70, which I like the look of. The price on Villareal has drifted, because a lot of people are backing Arsenal or the draw...but there is also a lot of money laying Arsenal and the draw at the odds given....they seem too short for Arsenal given all the reasons specified on here.

Sorry this post is not related to subject' date='but can anyone tell me what the racing post tips were for the football tonight:ok[/quote'] Alrite mate, their tips for the CL games tonight were if i remember correctly : Lisandro Lopez ( Porto) ew FGS @ 12/1- 1pt Villarreal 0 @2.18 - 2pts

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April It is pure madness barcelona giving such a high hcp to bayern. bayern in europe is a diffrent kind of team and everyone knows it. The 1-5 lost to wolfsburg made people think that bayern sure win lost big at nou camp.I just cant believe what a crazy hcp of barcelona -1.5. I have never seen bayern offered such a odds before and would gladly take it.I will write more in it tomorrow but this odds is not to be missed and i'll take it now. bayern +1.5 [email protected] 188bet 10/10

Never underestimate Bayern. Wolfsburg is a very good team and opposition in German Bundesliga is much stronger than in Primera Division. Barca's only rival for championschip is Real.
Villareal,Atletico Madrid,Sevilla,Valencia are they all crap then?

uefa_champions_league_logo_2_svg.png

Hi to all readers and fans of football. Today is the first matches of 1 / 4 Champions League, and of course I will write about one and another. Villareal - Arsenal 0-0, 1-0 There are two experienced coaches who trains their teams more than 5 years. But for these 5 years, no one has won the league. But the desire and the status of teams, at the moment, it allows you to do one or the other. And the time has come for Villareal to go to the finals last chance and I think they chance that is great. At first on a weekend, wards Manuel Pellegrini lost 3-0 Almería, and this loser led us to believe that they have already thought about the game with Arsenal. I am sure they have merged, and kept all the forces on today's game with Arsenal! Secondly, playing in the Champions League, Villareal has a very good motivation and strong on their field. Over the past 4 years, no one lost a meeting. And thirdly, Villareal with Pellegrini lost only 1 match from 8, playing with the British teams! I can't to imagine, how today will be difficult to Arsenal. The owners of one hundred percent will be configured for combat and to leave the field empty-handed they are don't want. Describe the willingness of the Arsène Wenger's team I can like that. The total without losing a series of Arsenal are 22 matches. In the championship of the case is not bad and almost concreted area in zone of CHampions League on the next season. And all this shows us the new Arsenal, which has no Henry, Reyes, Gleb, Senderos, Flamini and others. Wenger knows how to lose the players, but make the team play better. For that I give a plus to him. But... If you think about reaching Wenger with Arsenal, then immediately realize that the team he is clearly not lucky. Maybe I am wrong, but except for FA Community Shield Arsen nothing won. And it is almost 13 years of coaching at Arsenal! :wall I thought a lot and concluded that both teams today will settle a draw, draw battle zero. And they both do not break, especially Arsenal, because Wenger is well aware and knows how to play submarine and that the disclosure of the rear today, do not. While to the victory of Villareal I do not be surprised. Villareal 1x @ 1.50 Expekt 5/10 Under 2.5 @ 1.57 Betfair 3/10 P.S. Puted in the wrong section. Sorry!

Sorry for opening this thread 2 weeks before matches take place but want to give advice to play the double Barca & ManU win as I played them for biggest bet of the year for me (1000 €). Clearest mismatches of the round, both home teams more than 1 class over their opponents. You get them together in combo atm for over 2, but I'm sure it 'll be around 1,80 at match day GL @all ;)
unbelievable, I am so pissed off about late Porto goal :puke

Sorry for opening this thread 2 weeks before matches take place but want to give advice to play the double Barca & ManU win as I played them for biggest bet of the year for me (1000 €). Clearest mismatches of the round, both home teams more than 1 class over their opponents. You get them together in combo atm for over 2, but I'm sure it 'll be around 1,80 at match day GL @all ;)
i hope you learned your lesson mate

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April It's clear that Man Utd is now a fraud for the time being. How on earth some people think Ferguson is a genius vs Villa is beyond me, I hope they enjoyed giving up that late goal to Porto because Karma hurts. No one was stopping Hulk today 4 games 10 goals against...i'm enjoying this

Alrite mate, their tips for the CL games tonight were if i remember correctly : Lisandro Lopez ( Porto) ew FGS @ 12/1- 1pt Villarreal 0 @2.18 - 2pts
Cheers mate:ok They wereny far away wi the double!!

Some more bets in the Porto match: Over 11 asian corners 2.00 @ Bet365 Man Utd has 7.13 average corners per match and Porto has 5.38. Both teams plays a lot in the wings..Man Utd with Ronaldo and Giggs (if he plays) and Evra that attacks a lot. Porto always play in a 4-3-3 with Hulk - Rodriguez in the wings. Corners Asian Handicap Porto +4 1.80 @ Bet365 This is some nice value IMO..as i side before Porto plays a lot in the wings, their main style is to attack with Hulk and Rodriguez always looking for a cross in the area. I placed this bet sometimes in games with a clear favourite, as in the case, and always lost because after taking the lead the favourite slows down is rithm. I think Man Utd will lead the match but will also be very cautious about the Porto´s counter attack...so i think SAF´s men wont be pushing the attack all game long after scoring. Asian Bookings Under 4 1.90 @ Bet365 My only concern about this bet is the referee Konrad Plautz...i couldn´t find stats about his match records. Man Utd with 1 card per game so far and Porto with 1.75. I can´t see 5 cards in this match unless Plautz is a very strict guy. Rooney to score 2.4 @ Bet365 Rooney has been scoring some goals lately... One of Porto´s main flaw is the second ball and the the low crosses into the frontal zone of the area...that´s the zone where Rooney appears to shot the ball into the net. In the air Porto is strong..Rolando and Bruno Alves are amazing headers, but when playing in the ground, they are a bit weak and both wingers of Porto rarely helps the central zone. GL
Full house! :clap

Villareal' date='Atletico Madrid,Sevilla,Valencia are they all crap then?[/quote'] Where are they? Barca 72, Sevilla 57, Villarreal 48, Valencia 46, Atletico 43 FC Barcelona and Real are world class teams but rest of the league is overrated imo.

It's clear that Man Utd is now a fraud for the time being. How on earth some people think Ferguson is a genius vs Villa is beyond me' date=' I hope they enjoyed giving up that late goal to Porto because Karma hurts.[/quote'] Being a Liverpool supporter, i wan't happy that your boys allowed those 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. Jammy c*nts. (Man Utd). Let's hope Man Utd continue to allow goals in, in the last few games of the season, as i can see the Reds winning all their games.

Re: CL - 7th & 8th of April Liverpool vs Chelsea The problems lay in attack with Chelsea - how fit is the Drog? The team tends to over rely on Lampard and I think Chelsea will try to park the bus Weds evening. If they do and Droghba is not fully fit then I can see Liverpool perhaps winning by 2 or 3. I think this game may buck the recent trends of encounters and we will see goals Liverpool win by 2 goals or more

Anyone agree that 1.54 is a little short for under 2.5 goals for Liverpool Chelsea tomorrow? I know there are usually few goals but still...1.54? I'm thinking lay here!
Yes, I would agree with you here. In an earlier post in this thread I said that the under 2.5 goals was likely, and it still is, but at the odds offered it isn't worth it. Both teams have enough scoring power should the game open up as the Man U. - Porto game showed. The under here was better priced (around 1.80), but still wasn't tempting enough and luckily so...

Some more bets in the Porto match: Over 11 asian corners 2.00 @ Bet365 :nana Corners Asian Handicap Porto +4 1.80 @ Bet365 :nana Asian Bookings Under 4 1.90 @ Bet365 :nana Rooney to score 2.4 @ Bet365 :nana GL
Thx Notts Punter:ok Plus: Villarreal 0, +0.5 1.81 @ Betfair :D Rossi to score 3.6 @ Betfair :@ Man Utd - Porto Both teams to score 2.1 :nana Like i said before: in the beginning of the season Porto didn´t have a team yet. Now we do...we play good football and Lisandro, Rodriguez, Hulk form an incredible attack. Wonderful night for my bets and my Team :ok Cheers

I like odds on Porto,i think Porto +1.5AH @1.67 is better then 1.44 or less on Man Un.I expect Man Un. to win by 1 goal or even draw.It won't be so easy for them as people think.Porto is a good team.I'll wait on team news after Man U game v AV. Does anybody think same? :unsure
2-2 :nana:beer

Well tahts true. MU is a team from a diffrent level :P. But it is also true, that no england team won in FcPorto Stadium "Never". I think we can get some surprise here :)
Well, hate to quote myself, but i know it :P. Just won 100 euro :D :D P.S. But im sad for Man U :(

i hope you learned your lesson mate
I hope you notice, that this comment is inappropriate, hmmm??:eyes I played it, like I did several times in CL with high stakes, won a lot of money till now and this time it failed, so what? As I posted I sured my bet 3/4 with both to qualify, so all I have to do is to play against ManU in second leg to sure up loss to half. I think Barca will not surprise today... I would play this bet again and again, because I was absolutely convinced about that. Porto got a lucky late draw but I'm sure if they play 10 times against each other in a row, ManU will win almost all, even under these circumstances. IMO Porto is not in same class as ManU, Barca or Pool, before and after this match. They are a good team but not more. But this time they got most possible result and I don't want to defend ManU by mentioning heavy legs, injuries bla bla bla...Well done Porto, well done all Porto backers, great job :ok