** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march )

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) Really love these international threads, excellent thread youseff, my bets are on but will put another one in tomorrow, like the Cameroon pick and also Dee's shout on USA. Scotland really struggling for players, even the 1st choice 11 would struggle in amsterdam, for once the dutch team have decided to gel as a team and IMO are serious contenders to win this competition in SA in 2010, Holland -1 @ evens is value IMO.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) I regard Latvia to win against Luxemburg a safe bet. Cant believe how high the odds are for Latvia to win. Im a getting confused here or isnt Luxemburg a country with around 30000 inhabitants or something? You can hardly gather a decent team with that population... Another safe bet is Denmark to win away against Malta. has Malta ever won a game in international football? Well, maybe if they ever played against Luxemburg...;) Another one that gives some fine odds is Mexico to beat Costa Rica. Mexico hasnt been playing well in the qualifiers so far. But in their last game, a friendly against Bolivia, they won 5-1 and played excellent football. Also, the mexicans are fed up with losses and everything but a win in this game would be a scandal. I think that Mexico will mash Costa Rica just as they did with Bolivia.

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march )

I regard Latvia to win against Luxemburg a safe bet. Cant believe how high the odds are for Latvia to win. Im a getting confused here or isnt Luxemburg a country with around 30000 inhabitants or something? You can hardly gather a decent team with that population... Another safe bet is Denmark to win away against Malta. has Malta ever won a game in international football? Well, maybe if they ever played against Luxemburg...;) Another one that gives some fine odds is Mexico to beat Costa Rica. Mexico hasnt been playing well in the qualifiers so far. But in their last game, a friendly against Bolivia, they won 5-1 and played excellent football. Also, the mexicans are fed up with losses and everything but a win in this game would be a scandal. I think that Mexico will mash Costa Rica just as they did with Bolivia.
Yeah lux a small country but they still managed to beat Switzerland away... and Latvia are perhaps a better team.... but who knows it can go both ways i think....

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) come on guys, Latvia at these odds is about being a value bet, LUX got that Switzerland game lucky and have been reduced to standard size next game.... provided Latvians give it a serious go it's a banker, and you don't get these odds for LUX failure ever; I mean they should lose that fixture 4 times in 5... and Latvia will be double cautious due to that dud France should do the job against the depleted and "a bit" overachieving Lithuania - the hosts are crap (sorry all Lithuanians reading that - but correct me ;) ) and if they don't - their coach is gone - so rush betfair big if that is so ;) another "must winners" Portugal are likely to deliver - pressure or not, Sweden without Ibra... something is ageing, you can do it and if not, last laugh is on you Netherlands one goal win may be sensible still - seems they would carry the pattern forever, under for doubters well, I'm Polish, so I'll fancy Poland -0.25, and as I'm usually careful about these bets I do think they offer a bit more than the hosts, especially in the light of hosts injuries and suspensions; I had that game as a draw, but seems it's been mostly due to my habitual distrust in Polish fighting spirit - now it seems it's mostly personal wish to get acknowledged in the team more than any "team" or "national" spirit and we have some individuals to get 8s for the game in which, funny to say, the islanders moght be missing that "shameful" lust whatever you say, I won't trust Eire or Cyprus, it's just this funny feeling... 1-1s at 7s look sooo appealing... and in the light of those being so unanimously tipped... well, you know Israel-Greece... yeah, that looks a draw so much it's never gonna be one but it's still worth a shot maybe Slovenians one goal win and a draw the guests have little to offer and you should fancy the hosts to get at least one in view of their qualifying form

Anyone have any info regarding El Salvador vs U.S.A? USA destroyed Mexico 2-0 in the last match though it has to be noted that Mexico were missing some quite experienced players though that result is still a good result. El Salvador meanwhile were 2-0 down in the 79th minute at home to Trinidad and Tobago before scoring twice to draw 2-2 at home. USA are a far more experienced and have alot more quality than Trinidad and i like the look of USA at 8/11 just any thoughts on anyone follows South American football more closely?
all signs indicate an easy away win for US boys, except of one fact: their league started only a week ago, so it's hard to predict in which form the particular players are, but if you are interested in detailed information, provided by users in over 17 pages, you should perhaps try this link: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949274

all signs indicate an easy away win for US boys, except of one fact: their league started only a week ago, so it's hard to predict in which form the particular players are, but if you are interested in detailed information, provided by users in over 17 pages, you should perhaps try this link: http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949274
after 17 pages I start to wonder if they even know how many players a "soccer" team fields... skip it :lol seems the more intelligent ones think odds for us win should be much lower so it might be a good bet

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) France should do the job against the depleted and "a bit" overachieving Lithuania - the hosts are crap (sorry all Lithuanians reading that - but correct me ) and if they don't - their coach is gone - so rush betfair big if that is so. budda1312 wrote Stay away from this match.Maybe you buy tickets in Titanic travel ;)

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) Thanks for all your inputs folk! I spotted in my opinion nice odds on Algeria to win away in Rwanda @ > 2.70 on Betfair. Actually I am not a great expert in African football, but I think that Algeria is a better team than Rwanda, as many Algerinians players have some European experiences, while I never heard too much about football from Rwanda. All in all an away match is always a bit more difficult match, and certainly to play away in Rwanda is not the same feeling to play away in Lugano... Is there anyone that has more infos about this match? Thanks in advance! Ignore what I said, thanks Youssef for your very good inputs too!

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) This is what I got so far: Portugal - Sweden 1 Portugal will win thistime I think. Against Sweden is a important game and they better don't loose Luxemburg - Latvia 2 as already said, Latvia is standing with high odds. It would be stupid to ignore I think. Schotland not to score is doubtfull. Holland's defense is.. I don't know. And the goalkeeper... After VD Sarr they don't really have someone... Stekelenburg will be the goalkeeper I guess, but Vermeer stands in the goal With Ajax often because Stekelenburg isn't really in a good shape... doubtfull!

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) I'm also on Holland -1. Reasons are that I've just read the Scotland list of missings. Stephen Mcmanus, James McFadden, Shaun Maloney, Barry Robson and Kevin Thomson, Paul Hartley, David Weir, Kirk Broadfoot and Kris Commons.... Those are a lot of big names (for Scotland) to be losing, if they were playing a lesser nation, maybe they could get away with it. Christophe Berra, who has replaced Stephen Mcmanus plays for Wolverhampton Wanderers in the English Championship, and no disresepect to him....today he will be facing champions league quality players. Scotland will have only 1 fit forward for todays game, Kenny Miller. There previous scoring record is not great and having already lost 1-0 to Macedonia away, I have no confidence in Scotland surviving. The one good point for Scotland may be the return of Barry Ferguson.

I regard Latvia to win against Luxemburg a safe bet. Cant believe how high the odds are for Latvia to win. Im a getting confused here or isnt Luxemburg a country with around 30000 inhabitants or something? You can hardly gather a decent team with that population... Another safe bet is Denmark to win away against Malta. has Malta ever won a game in international football? Well, maybe if they ever played against Luxemburg...;) Another one that gives some fine odds is Mexico to beat Costa Rica. Mexico hasnt been playing well in the qualifiers so far. But in their last game, a friendly against Bolivia, they won 5-1 and played excellent football. Also, the mexicans are fed up with losses and everything but a win in this game would be a scandal. I think that Mexico will mash Costa Rica just as they did with Bolivia.
Latvia isn't exactly the size of Russia either, you know... Have you kept an eye on Denmark's form at all? They're a side who is on the decline rapidly. They delivered one respectable result away to Portugal and that's been basically it for a long time. Malta aren't great, far from it, but if last year proved anything then it's that they are capable of a few shocks here and there. Malta might not have the capability to beat Denmark, but there's certainly a possibility of a draw here if Denmark don't actually start playing football. Mexico have some very good players, but bear in mind that they finish very few of their games with 11 men. I don't know if the Mexican sun goes to their heads, but they almost always seem to lose a man. Costa Rica are a decent side, nothing more. They should be comfortably despatched by the everyday Mexico side but the Mexico side under Eriksson is unconvincing at best. Good luck all

any info in the belgium game.i think this a must win 4 belgium.the 2 stars from hoffheim (they r playing 4 bosnia) r out.and that is a big blow 4 them.score line 3-1 in favor of belgium.
Yes but we have other nice players, Dzeko, Misimovic... For Belgium, Van Buyten & Company are OUT! In Belgium will be over 6000 supporters from BiH! So value is on BiH @ 4,50 or X2 @ 2,00 VOLIM TE BOSNO!!!

France should do the job against the depleted and "a bit" overachieving Lithuania - the hosts are crap (sorry all Lithuanians reading that - but correct me ) and if they don't - their coach is gone - so rush betfair big if that is so. budda1312 wrote Stay away from this match.Maybe you buy tickets in Titanic travel ;)
I undersatnd you want your team to win but France is too strong for you.It's a same if i say Ukraine will beat England next week :rollin Just give us few reasons why do you think you can beat France? Ok,my bet is France to win and my reasons are: - France started very bad.They have 4 poinst out of 3 games.Their is group very strong and they can't loose points anymore. - Lithuania had a good start but their good run will end now. Lithuania last 6 games at home: Win 3-1 v Andora Draw 1-1 v Poland Win 1-0 v Faroe Islands Win 2-0 v Austria Win 3-0 v Moldova Win 1-0 v Azerbaijan All they wins are against weak teams as i don't rate Austria as a strong team. - In H2H France also lead,they won twice. - France have good squad with great players like Henry,Ribery,Benzema,Gourcuff and others. I'm sorry but i don't even know any decent player from Lythuania :unsure I just can't see Lithuania taking anything from this match. It's a France for me :ok

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) France need points,Lithuania no?We dont have a stars,but team,who play at home strong.Especialy with strong teams.Ground is dificult in stadium today.We dont have so strong team,when our countrie left USSR.In autumn I told,dont bet on GL.Rangers when FBK play at this stadium.No, all bets on GR.Names dont play football,simple mans play .Look at Bosnia@Hercogovina team,how many good young players they have.France in Europe championship was bad.I think draw,1x under here.Good luck. P.S.Why you dont believe in Ukraina.We saw,what do with England Croatia.;)

France need points,Lithuania no?We dont have a stars,but team,who play at home strong.Especialy with strong teams.Ground is dificult in stadium today.We dont have so strong team,when our countrie left USSR.In autumn I told,dont bet on GL.Rangers when FBK play at this stadium.No, all bets on GR.Names dont play football,simple mans play .Look at Bosnia@Hercogovina team,how many good young players they have.France in Europe championship was bad.I think draw,1x under here.Good luck. P.S.Why you dont believe in Ukraina.We saw,what do with England Croatia.;)
Depends who will play for Ukraine.Voronin and Sheva?they are too old now and didn't play for Ukraine in last 2 or 3 matches.Milevsky and Kravets or Seleznev?they are too young and need more experience.England is very strong at home but anyway the game is next week so... GL with your team but i'll be on France 2night,i just feel they will win :hope

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) Simple look at the table says enough abaout France needing to win this match...if they dont Raymond Domenech says good bye... and that about a bad stadium and pitch...hmm... i dont think it will be such a problem to players like Henry, Benzema, Ribery and others...And Lithuania doesnt have a chance of qualification really,they beat Romania away thats for resspect but Romania that is in bad mood, Austria home win ok Austria is a poore team...but then they where demolished by Serbia away...and i dont think Lithuania has the squad and morale to achieve something bigger.... France are a too strong team to gmable and not to qualify....sow in my book away win on France tonight....

We saw' date='what do with England Croatia.;)[/quote'] I also saw what England did to Croatia later :lol Anyway draw is good enough for us :hope I just hope Rooney will get red card,old Beck will run out of energy and David James will make few mistakes for us ;) They only players i'm afraid of are Gerrard and Lampard

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) Russia - Azerbaijan under 2.5 (2.67 @ bet 365) Russia should win this game but the prospect of some over confidence may mean that the result will be much closer than expected. They have 6 points in the group compared to the Azerbaijani's 1 point, but their opponents have shown that they are hard to break down and have lost their two away games in these WC qualifiers by 1-0 scorelines. Doubtful that the Russian will concede here as the Azerbaijani's have yet to open their account but pride will also mean that they won't allow the Russians to rack up a few goals Luxembourg - Latvia over 2.5 (2.17 @ pinnacle) Luxembourg has conceded in 3 of their 4 group games and scored in 2 of them while Latvia has scored in 3 of their 4 group games but conceded in each of these 4 games. Both teams are on 4 points and a win is vital for them to gain an unlikley spot into the finals but they will both push for goals as each defence has had problems in keeping clean sheets. Also in their two previous encounters, it has seen 4 and 7 goals scored in these games, so look to another high scoring game Armenia - Estonia under 2.5 (2.75 @ centrebet) Both teams have found goals hard to come by in these qualifiers but have conceded goals. Armenia have scored only 1 goal in their 4 games while Estonia have scored 2 goals while they have been defeated by the likes of Spain, Turkey, Belgium and Bosna by some big scorelines. These two defences should have an easier time against one another in this game, so don't expect too many goals in this clash Moldova - Switzerland over 2.5 (2.08 @ pinnacle) While Moldova didn't score in their last 2 qualifiers on the road, they did score and concede in their 2 home qualifiers and lost both games 1-2. Switzerland have scored and conceded in each of their 4 qualifiers as each game went over, with the last 3 games they played each saw the same 3-1 scoreline. The Swiss have a good squad and are favourites to win, but their is value in the over considering that they haven't kept a clean sheet despite having the likes of Djourou and Senderos in their defence Serbia (3.50 @ pinnacle) Serbia leads the group with 9 points with Lithuania and will look to beat the second last placed Romanians who have onyl 4 points. The Romanians are without two of their better defenders in Goian and Chivu, so look ot them to target high balls aimed at Zigic. They appear to start with a pretty attaking line up to target the Romanian's early. Romania's main striker Mutu should be well controlled by Vidic and his other defenders who generally defend well as a team. A win for the Serbs here will get them to one step closer to South Africa so look for a win here Malta - Denmark under 2.5 (2.66 @ pinnacle) Malta have yet to score a goal in their 5 games of these WC qualifiers, so it is doubtful they will score against Denmark here. However look to them to put in a similar defensive performance at home where they drew 0-0 with Albania and lost 1-0 to Hungary. Even though Denmark is a better team then these two teams, and they have beaten them at home 3-0, they will face a stiffer test here as the Maltese will play very conservative. The Danes should still win this, but a 1-0 or 2-0 score is likely Israel - Greece over 2.5 (2.52 @ pinnacle) Top two teams battle it out in Group 2 with Greece leading by one point. Israel have scored and conceded in each of their 4 qualifiers while Greece has scored in each of their 4 games. The Greeks won easily against the minnows like Latvia, Luxembourg and Moldova but when they faced the Swiss, they lost that game 2-1. The Israeli's should be a similar type of team, and with both teams liking to attack, then look for some goals here as a win here over their nearest rival would see some distance put between each other. Holland -1.5 (1.94 @ pinnacle) Holland have a very good squad to choose from with the likes of Kuyt, Robben, and Huntelaar in good form for their clubs while Scotland has injury concerns and will be missing several players for this game. The Dutch have won all 3 of their games and a win here will have them one foot on the plane to South Africa Lithuania - France over 2.5 (2.38 @ pinnacle) The Lithuanians have surprised people to be equal top in this group as much as the French have struggled to be 5 points off the top. The main reason has their inability to keep a clean sheet as they have scored but conceded in each of their 4 qualifiers. The Lithuanians have shown their ability to score but they will be facing a desperate French side that needs to win here otherwise their chances of qualifying seem remote. Should be some goals here

You really think so? I fancy the reverse' date= and odds of 4/1 (last time I checked) looked very inviting. Luxembourg have demonstrated over the past 2 years that they're no longer just a walkover side like Andorra or San Marino. They won in Belarus not too long back as well as in Switzerland. I certainly won't be betting against Luxembourg as they entertain a haphazard and gradually decreasing Latvian side. The hosts aren't the best at keeping their opposition out, but that said, the visitors aren't good at scoring goals anymore either. Gone are the golden days of Pahars, Rubins, Astafyevs and I suppose even Verpakovskis. My call is a narrow home win, but it should be an interesting encounter whatever happens! Potential shock of the day could well be in Lithuania vs France. Lithuania have gone from strength to strength under their new coach (whose name escapes me atm!) who did a fantastic job with Kaunas. They've pulled off fantastic results, most notably the 3-0 demolition of Romania in Bucharest. This side is a side that really make it hard for the opposition to play against, and I think the French will find it tough, just like the last time they went to Vilnius. This time, however, the French are a lot weaker and are on the descent internationally. I have to fancy a draw in this game and under 2.5 looks a promising bet in my opinion as neither side likes to concede many goals and neither side are consistently good at scoring lots of them either!
I'm thinking the same, luxemborg have definalty gone up a level and would now consider themselves at the same level of teams like Latvia. 4/1 looks great odds for a low stake imo Latvia from what i hear don't travel very well and i don't see how Latvia have the so superior quality to dominate Luxemborg

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) Cyprus v Georgia i see the line-up of cyprus....too many missings...5 or 6 starters of previous matches are out today due to injuries price for home win totally unacceptable, 2.10 or something....i can not suggest the away , there isnt any factor to push me clear no bet this one, also i expect a collision between cyprus players and their coach anastassiades sooner or later, the guy is hated in locker rooms..... have a nice weekend :ok

Simple look at the table says enough abaout France needing to win this match...if they dont Raymond Domenech says good bye... and that about a bad stadium and pitch...hmm... i dont think it will be such a problem to players like Henry' date=' Benzema, Ribery and others...And Lithuania doesnt have a chance of qualification really,they beat Romania away thats for resspect but Romania that is in bad mood, Austria home win ok Austria is a poore team...but then they where demolished by Serbia away...and i dont think Lithuania has the squad and morale to achieve something bigger.... France are a too strong team to gmable and not to qualify....sow in my book away win on France tonight....[/quote'] One thing,when you play at home,another away match.Yes Serbia very clever played with Lithuania and after keeper Karcemarskas mistakes won.Nothing to say.But we wait Serbia in Lithuania hell.:D Today in Lithuania all told about historic match,1000 years when Lithuania name first time found in papers.:D Ok,Henry,Ribery,Benzema and other big names.But remember one thing,poor countries everytime will be fight with big countries.Our players wait moment to show what they realy have.I know how to big Europe clubs came players.Coach,agents friendship and player go to big club.Agents,coaches,sport directors dont like poor countries players,money machine walk here ;).Exept big big talents.When play nacional teams we see,that big players names play with without names players like no big diferent class.We have tiger eyes,France dont have this eyes today.:D Sorry for my english mates.Ok,you will take France,but it not be easy money.:drums

One thing,when you play at home,another away match.Yes Serbia very clever played with Lithuania and after keeper Karcemarskas mistakes won.Nothing to say.But we wait Serbia in Lithuania hell.:D Today in Lithuania all told about historic match,1000 years when Lithuania name first time found in papers.:D Ok,Henry,Ribery,Benzema and other big names.But remember one thing,poor countries everytime will be fight with big countries.Our players wait moment to show what they realy have.I know how to big Europe clubs came players.Coach,agents friendship and player go to big club.Agents,coaches,sport directors dont like poor countries players,money machine walk here ;).Exept big big talents.When play nacional teams we see,that big players names play with without names players like no big diferent class.We have tiger eyes,France dont have this eyes today.:D Sorry for my english mates.Ok,you will take France,but it not be easy money.:drums
As i remember Serbia beat Lithuania twice in last Qualification...i cant see that changing in Lithuania favour...but we will see.... abouth tonights game... again we will se tonight.... everything is sad on the pitch... but i hope france will win that i can get some cash thats all...;)

Re: World Cup 2010 ( 28-29 march ) No problems Ivan89,five hours till the match.I remember Universiada at 1988 years in Yougoslavia and in USSR team squad was only players from our legend club Zalgiris from Lithuania.Yougoslavia lost 0-1 at home,in this Yougoslavia team was many young players,who after played on Big Europe clubs. David and Galiots fight till the five hours.Buy mates more beer and lets go to party.:beer

Yes but we have other nice players, Dzeko, Misimovic... For Belgium, Van Buyten & Company are OUT! In Belgium will be over 6000 supporters from BiH! So value is on BiH @ 4,50 or X2 @ 2,00 VOLIM TE BOSNO!!!
does salihamazic still play for you?