Best bet of the day 11/3

Southwell 2.30 Im a big fan of singleb, seemed slightly over done in handicap last time out at lingfield, but 3 recent wins at wolverhampton and great leighs looked strong enough drop today again in handicap looks to be off a much competetive mark today! Spencer has ridden him to those wins aswell!! win singleb

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 Cheltenham 1-30 Parsons Pistol 1 pt win Considered an irish national prospect by trainer Noel Meade. According to the trainer, stays and jumps well. Has a bit of class and Nina Carberry is a big plus in the saddle in this amateur event.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 240 Cheltenham : Carruthers Have to follow this one until beaten, put this in the tote 10 to follow in the hope he would fulfill the promise he showed last season over staying trips. Love the way he bowls along and has a real appetite for the game, not sure he will get things his own way here but dont really fancy anything else tomorrow, I suppose the place market is the wise thing to do but a win for this thread.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 3:20 Cheltenham - Master Minded - Back In my opinion, one of the bankers of my betting career. Far and away the best horse in the race. No horse will beat him, the only way he loses is if he falls. Can't see that happening. Hope he wins by a wide margin to confirm his supremacy in this division and show his true class. 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 RSA CHASE <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

What a Friend - each way (banker)

Unbeaten over fences, beating some of today’s opposition in Carruthers and Ballyfitz in the process. He was subject of the following comment from Paul Nicholls:

He showed immense promise when he beat Carruthers at Uttoxeter, and I told Ged [Mason] and Alex [sir Alex Ferguson] that night that he might end up in a Gold Cup one day, and he might. The Royal & SunAlliance Chase is his target, but he is in a Grade 1 at Leopardstown over Christmas, and there's a chance he might go there. If not, he'll almost certainly go straight to the Festival as he is much better fresh and doesn't need any jumping practice. I like him, and he's probably our best staying novice.

Big words and his absence from the track wont be a problem. You need to stay every yard of the 3 mile trip which is something What a Friend has proved he can do. Cooldine hasn’t run beyond 2m 5f and Carruthers has to prove himself on the track.

I’m on Massinis Maguire antepost but doubt he will stay the trip.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 4.25 SOUTHWELL Victory Quest All of the wins achieved by Victory Quest on the all-weather have been at this course so it is clear he has a preference for the fibresand. Blockley looks to be the main rival but is making his debut on the fibresand, whilst Calculating's recent form is patchy. The remaining runners don't even warrant a mention.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 Cheltenham 2-40 Cooldine 2pts win (Banker) Beat Forpadydeplasterer over 2m5 and expected to improve for the step up in trip. Anything trained by Paddy Mullins should be respected at the festival and this has been a good race for the stable.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 Chelt 2.40 Cooldine 1 pt win This horse struck me as a RSA winner when showing real guts to string up a quality sequence over hurdles last year. He has taken too fences too judging by his form. Impressive fto before a good third in a grade 1 over the wrong trip, 2m far too short for him. Then he beat FPTP, my arkle winner yesterday and I said before that race and after that race that cooldine for me was always going to win that staying battle between the class performers. FPTP was the speed horse and Cooldine the stayer and so it proved. Cooldine goes further up in trip today and for me will suit even better and Ruby significantly has chosen this over What a Friend who I wouldn’t have massive of cash on in a finish. Cooldine is battle hardened and can win this for me. An in form The Market Man may give him most to do.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 BARATARIA 3.05 Southwell. 1 point win. No problems with the trip or surface in my opinion and can have the race run at a very suitable pace. Should be there at the finish and all I hope is the strength is there in the saddle.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3

SportHorse Racing
Event1.30 Cheltenham National Hunt Chase
SelectionLe Beau Bai
Strength0.5pts ew
DateWeds 11th March
Bookmaker/Price25/1 >Bet365(BOG)
ReasoningOlllie Greenall is one of the best amateurs & looks to have found a good one here as this horse is so consistent. Will have no problem with the trip & Ollie has won on him already this season at Warwick over 3m 5f which is ideal prep for this type of race. Also has the last time out 1st by its name which is a major plus.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 2.05 Cheltenham - Mikael D'haguenet 2pt Banker Backed him few days ago at 6/1 and this price looks huge now. I like the horse a lot and he got his preferred soft ground, which is a big positive. Ruby always liked The Nightingale, but the fact he is not riding him shows how much he rates Mikael D'hauguenet. Said he is one of his best rides for the week. I think the Mullins horse will have too much class and stamina for this field. And he also has gears already brushing aside some good horses in Ireland over 2m and 2m4f.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 2:05 Cheltenham - Mikael D'Haguenet 1pt WIN Was a desperate decision for me, as 2 of my 3 Cheltenham main cheltenham hopefuls run today (MDH and Cooldine), with Quevega running yesterday, so it was a tough choice, but decided upon the hurdler as a few others have selected Cooldine Is the ground soft enough? That's the big question, Im prepared to say that I reckon he will act just fine on the ground, and as such is a massively live contender in what looks a cracking contest. He has been ultra consistent in Ireland, blowing away allcomers and arguably the most impressive of all Mullins novice hurdlers this season, even Hurricane Fly. Had a Supreme Novices entry, so has a lot of speed, and had an Albert Bartlett entry so clearly they also knew he would stay, so this 2m5f, should be perfect for a stayer who has a cracking turn of foot. Only negative for me is the lack of Cheltenham experience but in my opinion he is good enough to win here, with Mad Max for me the most likely danger if he can jump fluently.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 3.20 Cheltenham Big Zeb - I was tempted to lay Master Minded in this race to try pick up three points or so but having looked back over his form a second time I think that is silly as I would be opposing him because of the price, not on the formbook. Big Zeb is a bit of an unknown but could fill one of the places or even spring an upset and I will have him each-way at the price. This is a horse that has fallen in three of his 14 starts but is undoubtedly a very talented individual when he completes and he has two Grade 1 wins to his name. ATR Speed handicapper Lawrence Taylor rates his Leopardstown win at 122, with Master Minded producing a best figure of 124, so little seperates them from a speed point of view. The yard have booked Choc so must be expecting a big run and given he loves a bit of cut in the ground I don't think he will have any problems with the going. He has won at Fairyhouse over further on testing ground so I hope that stamina will come into play up the hill. The likes of Petit Robin, Twist Magic and Newmill have all been put in their place by the Nicholls runner but Big Zeb is a bit of an unknown here and who knows what could happen. 0.5 pt EW.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 Southwell 4.25pm 1pt lay Victory Quest Fav track and trip today but this looks to good if only it was as easy as this the bookies would be down and out,2 races never the same, track and trip a plus but i view the overall field as a bit harder today and one coming for the win,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 4:15 Huntingdon. Leo McGarry This one had an absence of getting on for 2 years before being reintroduced on New Year's day. Ran ok then - considering the absence - and ok again once since, so with the anticipated improvement is likely to go off favourite. However, I'm not sure his handicap mark isn't a bit too high. Furthermore, his best runs have been when there's a bit of give in the ground, which he won't get today. He has a habit of playing catch-up, which is more possible on softer/slower going, but they might just race away from him today, and I think he's worth opposing.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 2.40: The Market Man Very smart over hurdles and started to show that promise over fences when winning at Newbury in November. Can be forgiven LTO run in December when making too many mistakes. If able to put in a better round of jumping could be in with a big shout with trip/ground and return from break all in favour. E/W

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 3.20Chel.Master Minded. His performance when landing this event 12 months ago was achieved with a level of nonchalant ease that left many a seasoned racegoer open-mouthed in admiration. He returned to the track with a smooth performance to take the Tingle Creek and wasn't threatened at Ascot last time. The Sel is Big Zeb Ew could be the one to take advantage should anything negative befall the favourite as he is a proven Grade One performer and was travelling sweetly when capsizing last time

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 14-05 Ballymore Novice’s Hurdle - Mikael D'Haguenet - Win

I have backed Diamond Harry ante-post at 4/1 and he remains at those odds now so really no advantage. He looked infinitely impressive on his first 3 starts this season winning with any amount in hand but his most recent run wasn’t as clear cut and he may have ran too many times this season, so I am not as confident about him now as I was when I backed him. Saying that though the ground was extremely testing that day and a return to better ground will more than likely see him better again. If he runs to the top of his ability he could be hard to beat but I won’t be increasing my stake on him.

Karabak looked very impressive lto and with this race due to be his 4th of the season he could have a great chance. He was beaten by fellow competitor Mad Max on his season opener but he seems to have put that behind him and he has won both attempts since then. The 2 race he has won though, it is debatable what he beat as both have failed to gone since the races. He really did look impressive though and if he can improve further he must go close. He won at Cheltenham in December on very similar ground to what the race will be run on so he can certainly handle the track.

Mad Max is a colossal horse who has only had 2 outings this season and will make his 1st run since a breathing operation. As mentioned he beat Karabak early in the season but with concerns about him dealing with the track and the fact that he makes his 1st appearance since an operation I would be more willing to oppose him here as others appeal more.

Mikael D’Haguenet has won 4 out of 4 over in Ireland and has looked very impressive indeed. Rated 155 he is the top rated with Diamond Harry so he should go close though fears about the ground conditions are a worry. He has done all his running on no better than soft ground and he really does look as though he loves really soft due to his running style. Unlikely to get soft ground on the day and that could be crucial, if there is heavy overnight ran he could well be one to be on.

Re: Best bet of the day 11/3 Southwell 13:55 New England Returned in good shape this year 23 days ago after not being raced since 05Nov08. 3RD of 12 at Wolverhampton that day in a 1m1f103y contest satying on to take third. This longer trips looks suitable for a batter finishing position. 3pts ew @ 9-1

2.05 Cheltenham - Mikael D'haguenet 2pt Banker Backed him few days ago at 6/1 and this price looks huge now. I like the horse a lot and he got his preferred soft ground, which is a big positive. Ruby always liked The Nightingale, but the fact he is not riding him shows how much he rates Mikael D'hauguenet. Said he is one of his best rides for the week. I think the Mullins horse will have too much class and stamina for this field. And he also has gears already brushing aside some good horses in Ireland over 2m and 2m4f.
Superb shout Mileni Great play with your banker bet & well done also Rule Brittania on tipping it easy winner :clap:clap

Was a desperate decision for me' date= as 2 of my 3 Cheltenham main cheltenham hopefuls run today (MDH and Cooldine), with Quevega running yesterday, so it was a tough choice, but decided upon the hurdler as a few others have selected Cooldine.
Well didn't back the latter when you told me to. Was 10s at the time. But got him quite heavily at 4/1. Mikael went in nicely at 6/1 antepost too. For how many months have we been talking about these two with you? Fantastic to finally pay off :clap:clap

Well didn't back the latter when you told me to. Was 10s at the time. But got him quite heavily at 4/1. Mikael went in nicely at 6/1 antepost too. For how many months have we been talking about these two with you? Fantastic to finally pay off :clap:clap
I know mate. Fcuking tremendous day. Cooldine @ 12's and Mikael D'Haguenet @ 8's ante-post. Add to that todays singles and double, with Cooldine @ 4's and MDH @ 3's. Fantastic stuff mate. :clap Great stuff to all those on the pair :clap Strange to see MDH get a 10/1 quote for the World Hurdle, that would only be a back up I would imagine in case he doesnt take to chasing, which is definitely the intention. RSA next year. :clap