Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09

Hunt 2.40 El Dancer 1 pt win This one disappointed on his british bow when fancied but put that right to some extent lto with a good second at san. He was behind a horse I have followed a bit this season, Ronaldo des Mottes who has solid form and he pushed him for a while and lets not forget that was given him weight due to the weight for age. The pair pulled clear of a 128 rated rival and it was a good run from both of them and one that suggested that El Dancer clearly has ability and races in him. Today could just be a good chance to get a first hurdle win especially as I have doubts about the resolution of the likely second and third favs.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 2:30 MUSSELBURGH Caravel 4-5 RPF WIN Won LTO. Course and Distance winner (LTO). No other trainer or jockey in this race have more experience here than J Howard Johnson and Denis O'regan. Johnson is 37 from 153 the past 5 seasons. O'regan is 17 from 23 the past 5 seasons. Owner Andrea & Graham Wylie usually do well here. 7 wins from 16 hurdlers this season. Caravel is forecasted odds-on by the Racing Post while Wylies other three are priced 8 to 18.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 Musselburgh 3.30pm 1pt lay Za Beau Dont think this horse has got its jumping together and with todays field looking to take this horse on today hope it comes in on the market to gain a good lay price. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 Lingfield 4.50 Quite a fella made a very impressive start to flat running nearly 2 months ago at lingfield over this trip, and if he continues and improve he will be un stoppable here so could be a good one to watch through the ranks i think!! win quite a fella

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 2:20 Lingfield - Parisian Gift - Back Down into a Seller for the first time, Parisian Gift looks the stand-out bet of the whole Lingfield card. Jeremy Gask's runners have been doing well of late, and this looks another great opportunity here. He's well in at the weights all round here, ranging from 5lb-16lb well in against his rivals. Eye-catching jockey booking, and very difficult to see him getting beaten (very nearly played the supernap today, but will save it for later in the month) 1pt win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 3.30 MUSSLEBURGH~MOTIVE 0.5 E/W Always a threat at 2m on decent ground.Fairly treated and should be wound up for this and has a couple of 2nds at a course. Still available a a massive 25/1 far to big for a horse that has plenty in its favour today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 430 Muss: Yankee Holiday EW Touch racing I thought today, ended up going for an old favourite who usually gives his best and has optimum conditions today, the track and ground are perfect which is half way there. Yankee Holiday has stepped up to 3 miles this season and was quite promising on his first run, finishing well in front of Snowy, is better off today too and is twice the price? Last time out was a shade disappointing but the jockey was a touch inexperienced and now Mark Bradburne is back on board who usually gets the best tune out of the horse I can see him running a more prominent race from the front.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 got to be quick today 3.0 Musselburgh Done a bit of work on trainer form & dont be surprised if Stoneriggs Merc runs a fair race today, going EW on that one. The horse is a course winner & Mrs E Slack is 43% SR on the place market here.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 400 Musselburgh - Festival King 1pt WIN This looks a very straight forward opportunity for the selection to follow up his 2 recent victories. reverting to Hurdles LTO didnt inconvenience him at all and if anything he actually looked a better horse for it. Running off a career high mark but still seeminlgy lightly weighted against some rivals who large question marks hang over. Timmy Murphy gets on well with him and this looks like the ideal opportunity to score again.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 Clonmel.4-05SPORTIVO is not consistent but likes it here and was a close-up third at Gowran last time. Most of these are struggling for form and he should be on the premises again. Comedien fell at Thurles last time but was earlier progressing well around this distance and could bounce back. any idea why I can't access this site on my Lap Top, which I was using, when I posted previously.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 3.50 Lingfield - Bazergan EW Clive Brittain doesn't have a lot of runners on the all weather but he has a terrific strike rate with the ones he does send out. 22 runners this season - 7 winners. Bazergan is a lightly raced 4 year old who comes here off a four month break. But he goes well fresh having won his maiden last year after a year off and Brittain gets them ready at home. Ran a cracker on his all weather debut over CD last October, beaten about a length in a class 3 handicap A lot of these horses in the better AW handicaps run against each other a lot as the opportunities for class 2 and 3 horses are so limited so the handicapper usually has them about right. Bazergan is a new kid on the block and is less exposed than most of them and being young and lightly raced could be ahead of the handicapper

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 4.00 Musselburgh: Kyber Loves it round here with 7 from 8 wins (flat & jumps) coming round here. Won well at end of Dec (I was there to witness it but was on Fahey's horse in 2nd :eyes), before beaten favourite LTO. Stayed well on flat so step up in trip today not surprising and could prove a shrewd move. Every chance in open looking race - place claims at least IMO. (Wish i'd put this one in my Osesame selections now!!) 0.5pts E/W

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 GUNS AND BUTTER 3.00 Musselburgh. 1 point win. Done k over fences so far and open to improvement. This trip and ground should suit and weighted to go well. Therefore, as a decent enough price he'd be the bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 MARCH MATE 3.30 Musselburgh. 1 point win. Goes handicapping now and although not shown enough to win this, he is open to any amount of improvement. The trip and ground shouldn't be a problem and gets in here off an interesting looking mark of 103. Is a decent price and that all makes the bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 doctor robert 340 hunt. 1 pt win. showed poor form last time which is a worry, but on basis of all form he does have a chance to go close in context with this race off a mark of 100. the trip and gorunds fine and should get a good trip.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 M4.00 Laborec 0.5pt E/W The trainer/jockey combo have had a good day today and there are signs that the trainer is coming out of a quiet spell. This horse is one of the more lightly raced in the field and with further improvement, although carrying top weight, this race is winnable on what it has achieved thus far. Also has good course form and has been given a little break which is a plus since the horses best runs have always come after a break.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sun 1/3/09 Sorry it's a bit late (just in time!) 3.50 Lingfield Internationaldebut In cracking form and capable of winning off this mark. Best trip, best track and race almost certain to be run to suit as this horse likes to come from off a fast pace which it will almost certainly get. Cross off the front runners, Flipando is too inconsistent, the big danger could be Baylini. Nice EW price for this animal, great chance. EW