Best bet of the day 24/2/09

chris34

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 L3.20 Donald Will Do 0.5pt E/W This horse has only been placed 3 times in 12 attempts but all 3 were here at Leicester under todays jockey. The combination of a return to the track and dropping to an attractive mark make this look like a decent e/w bet today. The drop back in trip should also help.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 Binnion Bay - 1.30 Lingfield Often to hard with but won lto and only raised 3lb for that win. That looks pretty lenient to me and this is the type of horse that can easily follow up. Has been a bit inconsistent but was running over the wrong trip. Stays at 7f today and, with jockey in form, should go close from a decent draw. Not much in this field either so looks a knocking EW bet to nothing. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 Lingfield 2.00pm 1pt lay True Britannia Hope i get a decent lay price today on this horse as for me the race is full of good horses,last 3 races this horse has won 2 races which is good going in any book but the wins have come by just pipping it on the line and see todays race as a diff race as a few in this race will take control of things and win this. Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 2.00 Lingfield I put up True Britannia for her last run and had more or less written off the bet as they turned for home before Andrew Elliott switched her out wide and she made a breathtaking move down the outside to claim the win at the post. She must have traded at a massive price in running, but she showed a blistering turn of foot to swoop, and notch up her second course and distance win for this trainer and jockey from three starts. The first of those wins came mid-January when, racing in a small field, she again got up close home, beating Supernoverre, who reopposes here, in the process. She was then turned out three days later under a penalty, and although a well beaten 6th of 10, may have needed longer to recover from her last race. She was put away for 25 days subsequently, and when last seen, got the job done well. I would fancy her chances even in a low grade handicap as i feel she is still open to improvement at 3, with only 13 runs to her name, but connections send her out in a claiming race here. Bromhead scraped home in a maiden and it is hard to assess whether his rating is fair due to a lack of handicap form boosts from his previous races. He is also 10 lbs worse off with True Brittania if this were a handicap anyway. Supernoverre has work to do to reverse CD form from 14th January, even if he is 13 lbs better off here and the likely danger is the unexposed Marco Botti horse, Kirayi. I fancied this one the other day until it was withdrawn, and he has ran respectably in claimers on his last two starts, finishing 3rd at Wolverhampton to Amazing Blue Sky and Precocious Air and then landing a Wolverhampton claimer from Hold The Bucks 26-days ago. Given that the latter is a handicap winner off 63 in a nursery earlier in the season I think Kirayi's rating is fair, but the fact remains, she is up against a proven handicapper in True Brittania, and I think the Hales runner can make her class tell. She may also have the beating of Kirayi on a formline through Precocious Air given that Kirayi was a short head off the Jamie Osbourne horse at Wolverhamptopn whereas True Britannia hammered her by two lengths at Kempton in December, even though the trip was probably on the sharp side for her. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 MR BIG Leicester 2-50 Win Can be forgiven his defeat LTO out when beaten at level weights by a horse rated 24 lbs superior. Prior to that had been most progressive. Seems to enjoy big fields, the stable is in great form and I expect an improved effort now that he is racing on better ground.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 3.50.Lei.Jaunty Flight, Rightway Star and Backbord all scored on their penultimate starts and then failed by some way to follow up - the first two in better company and the latter back over hurdles. After two emphatic victories in his first two starts over fences, Lightning Stricke blotted his copybook last time. The Sel.is Jaunty Flight, up in distance from it's last run. Banker Nap.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 310 Catterick : Majorca Interesting to note that Majorca was given a break last season and then came back in Feb to beat Le Burf off a mark of 113, this time returns to action on 114 and expect the horse will be fit to do justice again. Has to be kept away from the real soft ground and this track should be ok having ran well here before.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 2.50 Leicester: Junctiontwentyfour Can be forgiven LTO run as made too many jumping errors early doors to get going and was eventually pulled up. Run prior to that makes this one of definite interest though - finished 2nd to Saunders Road in a much stronger race than this on Boxing Day at Cheltenham. Ran that day from 3lbs out of the weights and a number of horses that finished behind have since gone on to win or be placed in better races than this. Big threat will come from Charlie Mann's only runner on the cards today Mr Big, however if that Cheltenham form can be taken literally, then this one is in with a big shout if putting in a decent round of jumping. Each Way

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 13:30 LINGFIELD Binnion Bay C&D winner. Won 7f contest at Kempton lto. Jerry O'Dywer was on baord for the first time lto. He's booked again. Should be alot shorter but betable at e/w. Would likely leave this one alone if in the 7-2 to 4s. But 6's is a very good price. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 NAP Nr.replaced. Lin.4-30,ELSIE JO was the subject of substantial support when just failing to hold the late challenge of Josiah Bartlett over C&D last week. That was a major improvement on her previous performances in maiden company and it seems safe to assume she will continue to improve. Banker Nap.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 4.30 Lingfield - Miss Mojito - WIN Improved for handicap debut and all weather lto, just being denied on the post over this distance at Wolverhampton. Those behind have done nothing to let down the form since, with the 3rd winning nto, and the 4th, 5th and 7th all claiming place positions nto. Anticipated further improvement will make this a feared opponent to the favourite, and definitely the value pick.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 16-50 Leicester - I'm a Legend - EW

I'm a Legend will love this ground and he is the selection. He jumped really well lto at Fontwell but the heavy ground got the better of him and he tired tamely. Remains off the same mark as he did then which is fair to me and he could potentially go very close here. He has 2 wins this season already both coming on good to soft and his 2 runs since then have both come on testing ground so he should relish the better to good ground here. A very good chance and really should get a place at least, but possibly a win if he gets the running. Currently 11/1 available, from 12's.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 Lingfield 16.00 Never Sold Out 1 pt w We have very weak race here. Never sold out will start from nice box. He has a win in better race on this distance and also couple of runs in Lingfield. Now he is back from long vacation, so he may show something interesting. Vince Slatery knows very well how to ride such outsiders.

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 4-20-leicester--we're confused- makes debut today over regulation fences as been running well in points and came up against a good one last time[cappa bleu]who is well fancied by many for the fox hunters at cheltenham,i think he is worth a chance today opposition looks nothing special

Re: Best bet of the day 24/2/09 450 Leicester - Nelson 1 PT WIN for bbotd purposes Trip will be plenty sharp enough for a horse who's best form is over a good deal further than todays 2m4f, but he shaped a lot better LTO over 2m5f than he has done in recent times, and may come on for that run after a previous 8 month absence. Once thought of as a smart prospect in France, he never quite achieved the levels they thought he could and this is about as good a grade as he will ever run in and its a bonus that he runs off the same mark as his decent 2nd LTO. Plenty question marks over just about every horse in the field, I just feel that the selection could very well have more going for him.