Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship

its a great cause Irish' date=' & well publicised. A lot of us no doubt already give or raise money for the charity through other things. Don't understand why anyone would feel guilty though. If that was the case, the bookies should have not offered the bets in the 1st place. :ok[/quote'] That is pretty much my view too Bowlesy. It ain't nice to make cash out of someone's misfortunes like that but bookies didn't have to give us the chance.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got 10/1 on whitlock winning this ........... and i really fancy him to do it ' date=' the most improved player over the last two years in darts ![/quote'] Has he improved that much? Whitlock's been a very good darts player for 10 years or more.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship just for interest, there has to be some 3-1 scores in the games tonight if you note my stats on the scores, to go with the darts (i.e the favs) all to win 3-1 05 Jan 2009 - Martin Adams v Dave Chisnall - Correct Score Martin Adams 3 - 1 @ 2/1 05 Jan 2009 - Ross Montgomery v Martin Phillips - Correct Score Ross Montgomery 3 - 1 @ 5/2 05 Jan 2009 - Garry Thompson v Daryl Gurney - Correct Score Garry Thompson 3 - 1 @ 11/4

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship I going to have a bet against wolfie as he can sometimes struggle in early rounds here and ill have a bit of 6.6 on BF on Chisnall to catch wolfie cold over just 5 sets. Also topped up on Fitton who has drifted after his show the other day but i think there is a lot better to come from him. Good Luck All

I going to have a bet against wolfie as he can sometimes struggle in early rounds here and ill have a bit of 6.6 on BF on Chisnall to catch wolfie cold over just 5 sets. Good Luck All
Chisnall drifting like a barge :unsure..has been matched at as high as 8.8

Sid's very bad but even he can't beat Tony Green. Wolfie requires 3' date=' Green "I wonder which way he'll go" :rollin:rollin:rollin.[/quote'] pissed myself @ that comment :rollin:rollin:rollin easy over bet for u Kev, that was actually a decent standard game except for the shyte doubles

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Slight loss for me tonight. Going with 3 tomorrow. 5pts S.Whitlock vs D.Fitton - Over 10.5 180's 5/6 Paddy Power This looks like the tie of the round and it could easily have made up a semi final or a final. These two need no introduction. Both are very heavy scorers and hit 180's pretty regularly. There's not a great deal between their games so I would be very surprised if this isn't close. In fact I can see it going 4-3 either way which would be perfect for this bet. The way these two hit 180's this line could be covered in 5 sets but I'm pretty certain the worst case scenario will be we get 6 sets. Both guys were solid in their 1st round matches despite neither being pushed but I'm expecting a high quality match here and one which will yield at least 11 180's. 3pts T.O'Shea (-2.5 sets) to beat E.Max 5/6 Boylesports There was a 13pt difference on the averages between these two in their 1st round matches which is a hell of a lot for Max to pull back. Tony O'Shea was in blistering form around the treble and if he'd hit anything like a normal checkout percentage his average would have been pushing 100. Checking out wasn't Max's problem, it was his scoring. O'Shea is absolutely flying at the minute and I don't see the Dutchman having the scoring power to keep up with him. If O'Shea hits his doubles properly in this match this should be an easy ride for him. 4pts S.Waites vs A.Norris - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Stan James Scott Waites was very impressive in his 1st match despite not being pushed at all. He scored very powerfully and I think he's got a few maximums in him here. Alan Norris caught the eye with a very good performance in beating Steve West and he scored well too. Norris played well in enough in that 1st round to allow me to think there will be at least 6 sets in this match and if there are 6 sets I'd be very surprised if we don't see 8 or more 180's. These two hit 4 180's in runaway 1st round wins and they could well bring the best out of each other here. I'm confident we'll get a high scoring game now that the 1st round nerves will have gone and this line looks a bit low to me. Overs here.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Both outrights won today. Should be at WHL tomorrow if its on but still picks on 3 matches for tomorrow. O'Shea 4-0 4/1 lad 5 pts and O'Shea 4-1 3/1 sky 5 pts Could take evens on the handicap line but doing it this way, there is the possibility of even greater profit. O'shea is a good player. He has been around for some time now and whilst never quite winning a major, he has come close a couple of times and has too much for Max imo. Max somehow is the 8 seed here but I consider him a much inferior player to O'Shea. In truth I thought the Pole easily could have beaten him on another day in round 1 and Max's 78 average wont be good enough here. He will probably up his game here but I still see O'Shea as having too much. The stockport man is in good form too, he played good darts at the masters only to lose in the semi to the eventual winner and he played well in round 1 with a 91 average which would have been much higher but for a few missed doubles. O'Shea for me will be too strong here. Fitton most 180s 11/10 var 10 pts Should be the best game of the night between two quality players. Whitlock favoured for the match and probably rightly so being the bit more consistent the player but Fitton will be dangerous and for me I think will hit more 180s here. Fitton is one of the biggest 180 hitters in the game especially when he is anywhere near on song. He hit 7 in just 14 legs at this stage last year when he did the only 100 average of either worlds last year and that just tells a bit about his ability. In his first round game here he wasnt great but didnt have to be against an opponent who one of Barry Hearn's chinese wildcards would have beat. His average of 80 is rubbish but to be fair it was much higher until a 26 dart leg which distorted it a bit. Whitlock looked good similarly against an opponent who played rubbish darts and actually hit one more 180 in that game when compared to Fitton in round 1, albiet with a few more legs. However generally of the two Fitton for me is the greater 180 hitter, another important factor is that Whitlock will go everywhere on the board, 19s,18s 17s and sometimes lose the chance of 180s. For the match I would probably just favour Whitlcok but for the 180s its Fitton for me. Anderson 4-0 2/1 var 5 pts and Anderson 4-1 5/2 sky 5 pts Similarly could do a lowly 1/2 on the handicap line but doing it this way chance of greater profit. Imo I just see as Anderson in a different league here. Anderson having finally got through the first round legitimately for a while, should settle down now and for me this is when he becomes really dangerous. Hughes is probably again a better player than what he showed in round 1 but even still his 82 average needs much work on. Anderson was a bit inconsistent against Wagner but still did a 95 average and left the impression there is more to come. I expect Anderson to win this easy with the only concern if Anderson eases up a bit too much but he should be too professional for that.

just for interest, there has to be some 3-1 scores in the games tonight if you note my stats on the scores, to go with the darts (i.e the favs) all to win 3-1 05 Jan 2009 - Martin Adams v Dave Chisnall - Correct Score Martin Adams 3 - 1 @ 2/1 05 Jan 2009 - Ross Montgomery v Martin Phillips - Correct Score Ross Montgomery 3 - 1 @ 5/2 05 Jan 2009 - Garry Thompson v Daryl Gurney - Correct Score Garry Thompson 3 - 1 @ 11/4
Nice one Bowles. :ok

Has he improved that much? Whitlock's been a very good darts player for 10 years or more.
:dude kevshat , have a look at wikipedia and see whitlocks run of form since mid 2006 onwards, id like to know who you think the most improved player is and whose bagged more tournament wins apart from phil taylor? whitlock was runner up last year ,had a great grand slam of darts and was a bit unlucky to lose to taylor after being 5-1 up . not many players take taylor to 10-7. 10-1 is a great bet when anderson,webster,whitlock,adams and waites are the only real possibilities to win this event, 10-1 is not bad in a 5 man field, i mean thats just maths:dude

Slight loss for me tonight. Going with 3 tomorrow. 5pts S.Whitlock vs D.Fitton - Over 10.5 180's 5/6 Paddy Power This looks like the tie of the round and it could easily have made up a semi final or a final. These two need no introduction. Both are very heavy scorers and hit 180's pretty regularly. There's not a great deal between their games so I would be very surprised if this isn't close. In fact I can see it going 4-3 either way which would be perfect for this bet. The way these two hit 180's this line could be covered in 5 sets but I'm pretty certain the worst case scenario will be we get 6 sets. Both guys were solid in their 1st round matches despite neither being pushed but I'm expecting a high quality match here and one which will yield at least 11 180's. 3pts T.O'Shea (-2.5 sets) to beat E.Max 5/6 Boylesports There was a 13pt difference on the averages between these two in their 1st round matches which is a hell of a lot for Max to pull back. Tony O'Shea was in blistering form around the treble and if he'd hit anything like a normal checkout percentage his average would have been pushing 100. Checking out wasn't Max's problem, it was his scoring. O'Shea is absolutely flying at the minute and I don't see the Dutchman having the scoring power to keep up with him. If O'Shea hits his doubles properly in this match this should be an easy ride for him. 4pts S.Waites vs A.Norris - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Stan James Scott Waites was very impressive in his 1st match despite not being pushed at all. He scored very powerfully and I think he's got a few maximums in him here. Alan Norris caught the eye with a very good performance in beating Steve West and he scored well too. Norris played well in enough in that 1st round to allow me to think there will be at least 6 sets in this match and if there are 6 sets I'd be very surprised if we don't see 8 or more 180's. These two hit 4 180's in runaway 1st round wins and they could well bring the best out of each other here. I'm confident we'll get a high scoring game now that the 1st round nerves will have gone and this line looks a bit low to me. Overs here.
O'Shea won 4-0 and we got the 11th 180 in the Whitlock vs Fitton match before the 4th set had ended. I'm loving these 180 lines, they've been way too low so far :beer.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Not a huge amount around tomorrow yet. I'll take one though and will have a look tomorrow afternoon to see if anything else has appeared. 6pts M.Webster (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Walton 4/6 Paddy Power Mark Webster came through the 1st round quite nicely which has been a problem of his in TV tournaments as we've seen in the past. The recent Grand Slam being a perfect example. However once he gets into a tournament we usually see some of his best darts. We certainly saw that last year here and of course at the Grand Slam where he murdered John Part. Walton's a former champ here but I don't think is game is there anymore. He throws too many 5's and 1's for my liking. Admittedly his 1st round match was full of emotion but in 3 sets of darts, John Boy could only manage 3 scores of 140 and over. You ain't going to beat the reigning champ with such a lack of scoring. In 12 tournaments in 2008, he could only make one semi final which shows how his game has declined. Webster though is quality and I am confident he'll win this for the loss of no more than 2 sets.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Decent day yesterday to leave me +22 so far. Got both my outrights playing and will go for one and hope Atkins can beat Robson. Will be some effort after both their first games but Robson is never the most consistent and for me may well struggle to play how he did in round 1. Walton most 180s 5/2 spo 7.5 pts Not fully confident on this line, hence lower stakes but in the 180 department Im not sure there is that much between these two, certainly not as the odds imply. For the actual match I would certainly favour Webster but I have never regarded Webster as a massive 180 say in the Anderson, Hankey, Fitton mould. Saying that he still managed an impressive 39 in last years win but I go back to an event like the GSOD where he played mixed darts at times on route to the q/fs, he hit 9 180s which is by no means a huge number in 9 matches. In contrast Walton can be big 180 hitter, the year he won it he hit loads and generally his scoring is the stronger department in his game. He wasnt that good in round 1 in a game possibly best ignored and in truth hasnt had a great year but if he got any sort of form back, he could push Webster but certainly knock in a few 180s. Montgomery 5/4 spo 10 pts Mongomery as I have spoke on earlier in the thread has been in great form this year and has been a regular feature in the later stages of events this year. In round 1 he didnt do much special but was solid enough to beat a poor Phillips. He averaged near 90 which was solid darts and could have been better but for some indifferent doubles at times, I think he was around the 20% mark on his checkouts which isnt good especially when its considered he knocked in quite a few 3 figure checkouts. He will need to sharpen up tonight but he seems capable. In Hankey he is playing a player who you are never sure what you are going to get. After his round 1 win he came out and claimed it was a new Ted Hankey but Im not sure who buys that. He played solid darts in round 1 with a slightly better average than Montgomery but he can never be relied on to do so on a consistent basis and Montgomery could pounce on that tonight.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship This is my first dartsbet in this topic. I'll go for Webster - Walton under 9.5 180'[email protected] (SJ) 4/10 Both aren't really known for the big hittingscores. I also think Webster will win this game rather "easy". If Webster brings his nirmal level on the board John Boy will have just not enough , I think. If it doesn't go over 6 sets they'll won't hit 10 180's. If each sets should go all the way and we have 7 sets may be it will be go over but that risk I take.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship I really think this will be Gary Andersons year. Obviously progressing through the first round was massive giving his track record, so any ante post punt at skinny odds was a big risk. I read an article post his match against Hughes and Anderson was written to be "under par". When youve been favourite and had a run at the Lakeside like Anderson, imagine what you must be thinking when your opponent hits 7 straight doubles and has a 100% checkout rate half way through the 4th set! Ok, Anderson missed chances but I thought he showed real grit in that match, just like against Wagner when he need to score heavily he did and the best way to stop someone from hitting a double......dont give them the opportunity to throw for one, his scoring is immense and if he sharpens up on his finishing he will be tough to beat. Its an obvious argument that at 7/4 he is easy to oppose, I wouldnt be suprised if Adams fell from the other side of the draw the way he is playing which makes Hankey/ROBSON pretty sound each way bets, especially the latter at 12/1 as I dont expect Walton to reach the heights or Robson to play as badly as Webby tomorrow night. I watched Anderson in the grand slam of darts going hammer and tongs against Jenkins and for a short spell he was on fire, beating Wade along the way I still think he is a worthy favourite. I predict the final of friendships between good pals Robson and Anderson so am on Anderson outright and Robson EW, best of luck.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Not so good a day yesterday but going for a few 180s tonight in what should be two cracking games tonight between 4 quality players. Anderson v O'Shea Over 13.5 180s 11/10 boy 10 pts There is a lower line offered here of over 12.5 180s but going for a more adventurous option which is only 5/6 with another firm (13 180s it is then.) However in short both of these are big 180 hitters, as indeed are all 4 players tonight. In factual terms, Anderson has hit 15 180s so far at a rate of a 180 every 2.8 legs and O'Shea 10 180s at a rate of a 180 every 2.7 legs. Thats pretty impressive statistics. Also looking at the nature of the match, O'Shea certainly is playing well enough to push Anderson some way, I could see at least 8 sets quite easily in this game and if there is anything like 8 sets in this match then these two should cover the 180s the way they have been hitting the 180s so far. Indeed say if there was something like an average of 4 legs for 8 sets tonight, if both players continue their rate of 180s in round 1, there would be over 20 180s, so certainly going for the more adventurous option here. Fitton v Waites Over 13.5 180S 6/5 boy 10 pts Similar comments apply to what I said earlier. Once again two big 180 hitters and if anything this match looks tighter than the first so even more chances for 180s. Looking at the stats so far, Fitton has had 11 180s so far at a rate of a 180 every 3.09 legs and Waites has had an impressive 12 180s in just 27 legs and at a rate of a 180 every 2.25 legs. Both of those stats read well especially Waites and if the two players produce anything like similar standards tonight then at least 14 180s is very much a possibility.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Delighted to get the 180 lines for tonight's matches. Especially when they are so low :lol. I'll come back to the Fitton vs Waites match later. 5pts G.Anderson vs T.O'Shea - Over 13.5 180's Evs Boylesports This line is miles too low with these two playing and scoring the way they are at the minute. Gary Anderson when he gets going murders 180's as he showed in the Grand Slam in November and Silverback O'Shea is no mug around the treble 20. Both have scored plenty of 180's in the event already and there's sure to be more tonight. Up to best of 9 sets now and that should give us ample time to get these 180's. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the line is covered in about 5 sets. I can't see this one being won any worse than 5-3 by either player unless something dodgy happens so I very much like the overs in this match.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Need an Anderson turn around for the 180's to have any chance at all in that match. Going with the same bet again in the 2nd QF. 5pts D.Fitton vs S.Waites - Over 13.5 180's 5/6 Stan James This is another match with 2 heavy scorers. Darryl Fitton is among the best 180 scorers on either code and despite only playing 4 sets on Tuesday night, Waites still managed 9 180's. I really do think this line is too low. Especially given that these two throw at roughly the same rhythm. Once again I can't see this match being won any worse than 5-3 by either person unless Fitton goes tits up on his doubles and even if he does then he may well have peppered the 60 to get to a double. Two quality players, both high scorers and I'm confident we'll get 14 180's or more.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Hankey 4/6 var 10 pts Looking at this match, its not the easiest to call. Neither of these two are quite the players of old or the most reliable around. However Im just going for Ted. As i said on wed. I dont buy the new Ted Hankey this week but I do feel he might just have that bit too much for Walton. Walton played pretty well against a poor Webster but he has to show he can repeat that performance and his general form in the past few years suggests that is not an easy task. He also just needs to up his consistency particularly with his scoring which is generally the stronger department of his game. In the last match he hit a few 180s and a few tons but wasnt really banging the consistent power scoring of the 140s although he did hit a few 134s in fairness. Whether he will be quite as good on the doubles as he was against Webster Im also not sure of, generally he isnt. Hankey who normally is a flair player has actually been quite sedate this week, not really banging in the 180s so far but he has still done enough to win both his matches dropping just 1 set and full well knowing there is more to come. If he keeps his head on tonight, still a bit of an if, he can win this for me. Robson 13/8 var 10 pts Think Robson's price has just drawn me in here. Clearly the more consistent Wolfie is fav. but Robson whilst being well known as a patchy player who can throw pud darts one minute and 11 darters the next, has to be fair thown well this championship. He produced the highest average of round 1 with a 98 average to beat Bunting in a good game. He wasnt as good in a round 2 win over a disappointing Atkins but he still averaged near enough 90 and to be fair his average was much higher for the majority of that game (mid 90s+) before a slump towards the end. I could perhaps understand Wolfie's price more if he was in great form but he hasnt really shown his world masters form this week so far, this has been more like his form during the rest of 2008. In round 1 he probably should have lost in the end in what was a decent game but one where Adams scored well before being very poor on his doubles. In round 2 it was the opposite, he finished better but his scoring wasnt as high and Gurney could so easily have taken the match to a final set. Robson should be an extra test up from what Wolfie has had so far and with Robson in good form and the odd doubt about the 'England captain' :lol, Im going for Robson to provide another q/f shock.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship One for the 1st QF. 4pts J.Walton to beat T.Hankey 13/10 Boylesports Signs were in the demolition of Mark Webster in the 2nd round that John Boy has found a game something similar to 2001 when he beat Ted Hankey to win the world championship. Credit where it's due, Ted's played his best darts for a long while so far this year but this is Ted Hankey. It's only a matter of time before the red mist descends and it all goes tits up in a big way. That said, despite looking much better than in recent years, this still isn't Hankey's best form. He isn't hitting 180's like he can and has missed one or two doubles. For me that Walton performance against Webster was the best piece of form either of these two have shown in this event this week and with his price seemingly drifting by the minute I'll go with the Yorkshireman to beat the Stokie on this famous stage once again.