Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Well he could have but he'd most likely have to get the lawyers in like Jelle Klaasen did (I'm not sure how that was resolved though). Mark Webster joins the PDC as well (as does Andy Fordham), and Martin Adams refuses another invite to the Grand Slam of Darts and will never be invited again (Adams is so steadfastly loyal to the BDO I fear for his sanity). You've gotta love the pizazz that Sky Sports puts into it's Premier League Darts coverage but I can't imagine what they'll do with Gary 'Dreamboy' Anderson if he qualifies/gets an invite! :lol Sky Bet go 1/2 that Gary Anderson is ranked higher on the 2009 PDC Order of Merit than Mark Webster whose own odds are 6/4. It might depend on how much they're willing to travel but one imagines merely based on the Grand Slam of Darts that Anderson will make much more of an impact and is likely to get bigger prize money as a result.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship

Sky Bet go 1/2 that Gary Anderson is ranked higher on the 2009 PDC Order of Merit than Mark Webster whose own odds are 6/4. It might depend on how much they're willing to travel but one imagines merely based on the Grand Slam of Darts that Anderson will make much more of an impact and is likely to get bigger prize money as a result.
I would be snapping there hand off at that price for Anderson,he's a far better floor player than Webster and thats where the moneys going to be earned.With them coming in at the prelim stage in most events it gives them more time to get used to the board and get the match arm in. I think they will both travel far and wide to get up the rankings tables because they need to qualify for the big events and Anderson has far more backing than Webster so he might make a few more of the longer trips. I bet there are a few of the PDC's more complacent players, who have been fannying around for a few years, are now pooping themselves.

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship Hmmm. Various odds concerning Anderson and Webster: Will they qualify for Stan James World Matchplay 2009? Gary Anderson - Yes 1/4 Gary Anderson - No 11/4 Mark Webster - Yes 2/5 Mark Webster - No 7/4 Both Players to Qualify 8/11 Even Raymond van Barneveld didn't qualify first time out but he did face Andy Hamilton in the last qualifying round three years ago. Lord knows. The Stan James World Matchplay is between 19th-26th July. First player to win a Players Championship/UK Open Regional Final? Gary Anderson 8/13, Mark Webster 6/5. Will they compete in Premier League Darts 2010? Gary Anderson 7/4 Mark Webster 9/4 Both Players to compete 10/1 Either Player to compete 5/6 Neither Player to compete 5/6 Kinda dodgy. Jelle Klassen 26th on the Order of Merit and still got a wildcard. If Gary Anderson impresses and he doesn't qualify by right then he could easily get a wildcard much to the annoyance of the likes of Andy Hamilton, Adrian Lewis, Colin Lloyd...and Mark Webster! :lol Progress furthest at World Championship 2010? Gary Anderson 8/13, Mark Webster 6/5 Hmmm. Not too sure whether both have to qualify for the world championship for this proposition to be counted, or if one of 'em doesn't but one of 'em does then you've won/lost your bet. 1st player to beat Phil Taylor in a PDC event? Gary Anderson 1/2, Mark Webster 6/4 Eh. Lord knows when this ever happens but I'd rather be backing Anderson than Webster to do it! :lol Who'll get a first crack at it though!? The 1/2 on Anderson to be higher on the Order of Merit than Webster, is still there to be taken (as is the 6/4 on Webster to be higher than Anderson if you want to take the opposite view). I'm tempted to 'lump on' Anderson at 8/13 to win a Players Championship/UK Open Regional Final (Phil can't be everywhere!) and it's not seemingly just for this calendar year either which makes it both unappealing (could be a long wait to know whether you've won or lost your bet) and appealing. Gary's also now has a nickname change from Uncle Barry, and Gary is now... *DRUMROLL* :drums ...'The Flying Scotsman'. WOOH!! Well we've had Jamie 'Bravedart' Harvey in the PDC and Les 'McDanger' Wallace (fantastic nickname btw) over in the BDO but Uncle Barry could have a bit more imagination than that. :eyes Lord knows what change of nickname he'll give Robert 'The Thorn' Thornton if he gets better. Also, the BDO exodus to the PDC continues with the likes of Martin Atkins, Scott Waites and Simon Whitlock wanting a piece of the PDC pie...and who can blame 'em!?

Re: Darts: 2009 BDO World Championship

I've heard that there's a planned Wild Card available for the highest ranked left handed Welshman who's ever won a World Title. You never know' date=' one of them might win that.[/quote'] :rollin Mind you, maybe Terry Griffiths will declare an interest....

• 4 months later...