Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 2:05 Kempton Ainama is the short priced favourite, won in the style of a potentially top class novice. However, does need to improve on form and looked a stayer on the flat. Two miles on good ground around a sharp track may not be ideal (though does act on the surface). Does have the best chance but is (imo) opposable at the price. Alfie Flits and Dee Ee Williams met last time, the latter below form but did not seem to be at his best. Could well bounce back with a lesser test of stamina. Alfie Flits has bags of speed and a sharp track on good ground may bring about more improvement. Especially if (as many trials are) it is slowly run. 13/2 (SJ) looks massive each way value to me. If I was having the bet now I'd just have Alfie each way instead of a saver on Dee Ee. Conflictofinterest is the other with a chance. Well fancied on hurdling debut at Wincanton. Disappointed and did not look in love with the game. Has had time off and a breathing op. Last year he was a very good bumper and could improve dramatically. Saw Rock 'N' Roller on the flat and looked is big enough to do well in this game. Watching brief is best on debut. 3:10 Kempton Big Fella Thanks is the obvious one and isn't a bad value price at 4/1. If it is a punter's only bet it may be best to do him each way. Can idle badly in front and sometimes looks unenthusiastic. However, that also makes him difficult to evaluate for the handicapper. There is a chance he's considerably better than his form suggests. Hasn't as good winning form on good going, but was running well enough on it when unseating rider here. Hold Em has run well at Kempton before and well backed last time at Cheltenham. Jumped appallingly yet did well to finish third. If his talented conditional can get him jumping (not usually so bad), can go well off bottom weight. Possol won well on his penultimate start but a bit below that at Cheltenham. That track might not have suited him, beat the winner earlier. May have more improvement to come. Endless Power won the Sefton Chase on his last chase start on heavy going. Is just as good on today's surface and it will help him get home at this 3 miles trip. Seemed to go off at a suicidal pace at Aintree and was clear until late on. May be even better than that race suggests if he can transfer the form to a park course. Does have at least three other front runners to take him on but Endless Power is worth backing at the price (around 40/1). Laskari is the other outsider I particularly like with his stable in such great form. Ran well enough last time but back at Kempton where he has a tremendous record. Acts very well on the going and could improve again. 22/1 is far too big. Nozic is said to have choked last time (ran poorly) and reportedly has had a small operation. Impressive when beating Tidal Bay on his penultimate start (with today's jockey up) and could yet improve if all is well with him. The going is a worry as most of his best form is with more give. At around 28/1 is worth taking a chance with, at least for a saver. Nacarat has a good chance. Possibly best on flat tracks and impressive last time but has been upped 12lbs for that race. Improving and has AP on board,but has put up his best form on softer ground. May not be able to dominate his field with other front runners in the field. Ungaro acts well on the surface but has not won since his novice year. Often makes mistakes but did win the Feltham here. Likes flat tracks. Battlecry has been running when Twister is out of form. Some encouraging runs recently suggest he's on the way back. If so, could be capable of a good run. Silverburn is probably best on softer going over a shorter distance. Lacdoudal is interesting. Well handicapped on his form of a couple of years ago and ran improved on his recent form last time. If he is capable of maintaining that improvement could go close. However, I have a suspicion may be better with more of a test of stamina nowadays. Fier Normond has chances on his second at Cheltenham. But it is asking a lot for his talented conditional to get him jumping as well. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 3:45 Kempton Helium has won a couple of poor races well. Difficult to access just how good he is. May be able to get a soft lead out in front, if so could nick it. Hebridean has by far the best flat form of these but has not transferred that yet to this sphere. May improve given this test of speed but looks poor value win or lose. Saticon runs as though he'll be better over further, more exposed at this trip than most of these. Excape could yet improve, was well touted on debut but is an awful price on what he's achieved so far. Cosmea has not run for some time but that should not hinder her from this yard. Genuine and goes on the ground. 4:15 Kempton This looks a poor race with few in form. Pop Ahead the exception, won a couple of races easily but has been put up a lot for that. Improving, stays, jumps and acts on the going. Main bet. Le Burf won a very poor race on heavy last time easily, helped by others in the race making mistakes. Inconsistent and this is a different task. Soulard and Nemetan are consistent enough but may not be that well weighted because of that. Ice Bucket has looked a bit of a dog but if putting everything in could run well. Stable in the best form she's been in all year. Launde is also inconsistent and possibly temperamental too. But ran well enough on his penultimate start on good ground, before disappointing in heavy last time. 22/1 looks worth taking back on a sounder surface. Kew Jumper was disappointing in Le Burf's race (pulled up). However is much better on a sound surface and have saved on him at 8's. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Oh sugar! Did not even get anything back from Alfie Flits, should have got 3rd in the stewards room. May be I am biased. 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the Racing Post Chase. Cosmea went for a walk that told me she was not fit / something's not been right with her. Pop Ahead was a decent bet but not good enough. Just one of those days.:sad Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Ante-post Grand National portfolio. 3 points @ 25/1 (Ladbrokes) Big Fella Thanks (6% 16/1) Was surprised BFT has been pushed out so much in the betting. Jumped well enough, (I only saw one notable error). I believe he ran to form, despite the 3m on good ground not being a significant enough test of stamina. Stayed on well to do better than any other hold up horse (bar Possol). May be better going left-handed and is capable of improvement over further. Have not had a full bet because I do not want him to be my main bet. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Supreme Novices Hurdle With William Hill going NRNB and (I believe) Best odds guaranteed. 31 points @ 7/2 Cousin Vinny (31% 9/4) Unlucky last time when stumbling after the last. Looked as if he'd go away to win by some way. With his stable companion Hurricane Fly a non-runner now, Cousin Vinny lokks the outstanding candidate. We know he goes well at Cheltenham and has the combination of speed and stamina needed. Cheltenham are aiming for good-soft going and that would be ideal. Unlike the Ballymore there does not seem to be many top class novices in this division. Torphichen has potential but his form has to improve. 7/2 looks too good to ignore as if his jumping holds up should take some beating. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 I was wrong about William Hill going NRNB (not yet) but they are best odds guaranteed. Got another one for you. RSA Chase 18 points @ 6/1 (WH) Cooldine (18% 9/2) Cooldine (imo) has been crying out for 3 miles, been running at 2m to 2m5f. Won the Moriarty over the latter trip, staying on well on very soft ground. Equally effective on good or very soft. Best run over hurdles was when 4th in the World Series Hurdle at Punchestown on good. I do have a few doubts about What A Friend's form. Beat Ballyfitz well but although that horse had good form prior to the run; he's done little since. Carruthers is a horse I like but may need soft ground and an easy lead to be at his best. There are other front-runners in the race. His last run is difficult to work out too. With Breedsbreeze not staying 3m on very soft going, falling when second. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 2:10 Newbury 12 points each way @ 7/1 (B365) Theophrastus (16% 11/2) 2:40 Newbury 8 points each way @ 12/1 (SJ) Rapide Plasir (11% 8/1) 7 points each way @ 14/1 (SJ) Hope Road (9% 10/1) 3:15 Newbury 11 points @ 12/1 South Bank (10.5% 17/2) 23 points @ 4.4/1 Pipo De Re (23% 100/30) 8 points @ 11/1 The Speiler (10% 9/1) May not have time for analysis

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Ante-post Cheltenham Arkle (my third bet in this race. 11 points @ 12/1 (WH, bog) Planet Of Sound (11% 8/1) Very poor prices of both Tatenan and Calgary Bay make this a great betting race. Already advised: 15 points @ 10/1 Imsingingtheblues (get on if you are not on already, I expect him to start half that). 9 points Arulder 20/1 (oops) have been impressed with Planet Of Sound at Newbury this term. Big sort, the type to be a chaser. Effective on good or soft and stays a truly run 2m, jumps well. Has a bit of improvement to make but has won his last two easily.

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Ante-post Supreme Novices Hurdle Saver. 4 points @ 12/1 Michael Flips (10.5% 17/2) If AP rides him I think this one will be quite a bit shorter (previously ridden by Mark Grant). McCoy may be able to get more out of him provided the ground is not soft / heavy. Worth taking the chance on at the price. Impressive at Kempton. Already Advised 31 points @ 7/2 Cousin Vinny If you are not on now get on now 100/30 with WH

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Triumph Hurdle Have saved on Zaynar but his poor racecourse prep and news he wears cheek pieces has changed my mind. Lay to win 7 points Zaynar @ 4.6/1 (getting out) 10 points @ 7.2/1 Starluck (16% 11/2) Looks as though it will be good / good/soft going by thursday which will help him stay the trip. Form on sharp tracks but if he was trained by a top trainer he'd still be shorter. Already advised 17 points @ 7/1 Walkon 6 points @ 6/1 Walkon 7 points @ 4.7/1 Zaynar

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Champion Hurdle 15 points @ 1.72/1 Binocular (47% 11/10) I have big prices about the second and fourth fav so put Binocular up as a saver. Had I not taken those bets I would make him a good main bet now. Because it does not look as if it will be soft / heavy (putting too much strain on his stamina).

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Ante-post Ryanair Chase 9 points each way @ 8/1 (SJ nrnb) Our Vic (13% 13/2) 8 points each way @ 10/1 (WH bog) Imperial Commander (13% 13/2) This race just might cut up. Our Vic is almost as good as Voy Por at his best. Runs very well fresh. Ignore the King George run, stable was well out of form at the time, unlike now. Hope there is a bit of give underfoot and that not too many front ruuners turn up. Possibly best given room (not crowded). Immperial Commander made such a good impression in the Paddy Power that it was odds-on him making an impact at top level. Then came Twister's lean spell and ran in the King George at that time. Excellant record fresh and at Cheltenham. If he is spot on (Twister is showing signs of a return) should go close. Will make a small loss if only one places but that's better than a big one. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Cheltenham Gold Cup 4 points each way @ 25/1 (SJ nrnb) Notre Pere (6.5% 15/1) 2 points (win) @ 40/1 (betfair) Notre Pere Already Advised 6 points @ 24/1 Neptunes Collonges 11 points @ 14/1 Exotic Dancer Notre Pere wasn't far behind Neptunes Collonges at Lepardstown, best run to date. The Welsh National win suggests he can improve again at 3m2f. Good ground would be a worry, don't think he has run on it and connections think he's better on soft. Though his action is not that of a soft ground performer. When tired it is similar to Best Mate. Could just be he needs a test of stamina rather than soft going. Jumps brilliantly and could yet miss the race for the National, already backed him for that. Make sure you get non runner no bet for next week for the each way. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Ante-post Portfolio Queen Mother Champion Chase 8 points each way @ 16/1 (Fred Done nrnb) Well Chief (8.5% 11/1) When there is a very short priced favourite it mathematically favours each way betting. Add to that the liklyhood of the race cutting up. With Voy Por, Tidal Bay, Tamarinbleu and possibly Petit Robin not running. With only Tidal Bay and Petit Robin possible minor rule 4's. Told no rule 4 for Voy Por Ustedes. And it becomes an even better time to bet each way with probably one winner and about four others with a chance of a place, the rest no hopers. Petit Robin is 14/1 with bookmakers yet 28/1 on the exchanges which suggests something is wrong. Well Chief also is also not a certain runner, is fragile, but we do have nrnb. He runs very well fresh and has come back from a season off before. Won twice at the festival and surprisingly is not that old (only 10). At his best he'd give the favourite a run for his money, would be placed on his run at Newbury two seasons ago (beat Ashley Brook with contempt), and can be placed even if running a stone below his best. At 16/1 is a good each way bet. He is 5/1 betting without Master Minded, that is good value too but prefer the 16's with Betfred.

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Ante-post portfolio Half a bet RSA Chase 5 points @ 16/1 (SJ nrnb) Massini's Maguire (8.5% 11/1) Already Advised 18 points @ 6/1 Cooldine With the Hobbs team going so well Massini's Maguire may be able to improve further. Has already won at the festival and has been progressive this term. Jumping is not the very best but at least it is improving. Acts on good going as well as soft. With so many who like to race prominently it is a bit of a worry but worth the risk at the price. Cooldine is still the main bet though.

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09

Ante-post portfolio Half a bet RSA Chase 5 points @ 16/1 (SJ nrnb) Massini's Maguire (8.5% 11/1)
Good ground essential for him to run. If it's soft he won't stay 3m and he will go for a handicap Hobbs said. I hope he runs, because I am sure he will stay and he has a great chance imo. :ok

Cheltenham Gold Cup 4 points each way @ 25/1 (SJ nrnb) Notre Pere (6.5% 15/1) 2 points (win) @ 40/1 (betfair) Notre Pere Already Advised 6 points @ 24/1 Neptunes Collonges 11 points @ 14/1 Exotic Dancer Notre Pere wasn't far behind Neptunes Collonges at Lepardstown, best run to date. The Welsh National win suggests he can improve again at 3m2f. Good ground would be a worry, don't think he has run on it and connections think he's better on soft. Though his action is not that of a soft ground performer. When tired it is similar to Best Mate. Could just be he needs a test of stamina rather than soft going. Jumps brilliantly and could yet miss the race for the National, already backed him for that. Make sure you get non runner no bet for next week for the each way. Ginge
Notre Pere has had a slight setback and is out of the Gold Cup. hope he'll be o.k. to run in the National. At least I get back most of my Gold Cup wager. Ginge

Good ground essential for him to run. If it's soft he won't stay 3m and he will go for a handicap Hobbs said. I hope he runs' date=' because I am sure he will stay and he has a great chance imo. :ok[/quote'] Realise that Mileni, that's why I took the non runner no bet option. Massini's Maguire is currently a touch lower on Betfair than the top bookies price. Where as for the Jewson he's slightly bigger on Betfair. I think he'll probably go for the RSA if it is Good or Good-soft, will stay 3m on that going. :ok Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Ante-post Portfolio X-Country Chase Don't usually bet in this but at the last X-country chase at Cheltenham, I thought I saw a couple of horses given poor rides, ones that suggest they could do an awful lot better. Sadly, it seems others and bookies think the same of one as he's favourite. Both have very good records at Cheltenham. 31 points @ 3/1 (Corals nrnb) L'Ami (31% 9/4) 9 points @ 14/1 (SJ nrnb) Drombeag (9% 10/1)