** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Had hoped to wait to see if I could back Isn't That Lucky each way. Also to choose which of the two in the 2:05 to make the main bet. Probably will not have time tomorrow so have put them up now. Beware of a big reduction factor if Gone To Lunch comes out. Will do write ups in morning if I have time. Ginge

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 My system bets today are: 2:35 Sandown 35 points @ 3/1 (Bl Sq) Tidal Bay (though I make Master Minded the value at 4/6) 3:05 Sandown 18 points @ 11/2 (Bl Sq) Blue Shark 18 points @ 11/2 (SJ, C) Tchico Polos 9 points @ 10/1 (Bl Sq) Spear Thistle 6 points @ 16/1 (L) Five Dream 3:35 Sandown 9 points @ 10/1 (VC) Nine De Sivola 8 points @ 12/1 (SJ, Sky) Tana River 8 points @ 12/1 (Bl Sq, PP) Sporting Rebel 6 points @ 18/1 (Sky) Leading Authority Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Sorry Stewart, yes it was a personal fancy. Had Mon Mome down as a 9/2 chance and 8/1 was available. The system bets are always said to be system bets. Sorry, just seen have not been giving reasoning lately, will try and do so more regularly. Also I have not kept my profit / loss up to date so will do that over Christmas if not before. Apologys. Ginge.

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09

Sorry Stewart, yes it was a personal fancy. Had Mon Mome down as a 9/2 chance and 8/1 was available. The system bets are always said to be system bets. Sorry, just seen have not been giving reasoning lately, will try and do so more regularly. Also I have not kept my profit / loss up to date so will do that over Christmas if not before. Apologys. Ginge.
Cheers mate and well done again for Mon Mome, even though you beat me :tongue2

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 3:05 Cheltenham with prices to beat for very soft. Harchibald is best on good going, is a right dog and probably on the downgrade.33/1 Katchit on form ran o.k. last time but the way he did it looked bad. Did not travel with his usual fluency. Though his best is usually reserved for Cheltenham anyway. Stable are in good form and acts well on soft. 9/2 Binocular improved to win at Aintree impressing with the speed of jumping and turn of foot. If Cheltenham get the expected inch of rain before the race, will not have conditions to suit. May well drift in the betting. 11/4 Celestial Halo is a stayer at 2m so should be suited by the test at the trip. Acts well on soft and should run well. However, did have an allergic reaction in the summer and suggest reading Paul Nicholls column in the Racing Post to see if he is fully fit. Does look value if fit. 14/1 River Liane started favourite for the Fred Winter when breaking a blood vessel. Won well on reappearance, capable of better but needs to show it. 40/1 Solwit was a very easy winner of a handicap hurdle in Ireland last time, won Irish November handicap and is a good flat horse. Proven on soft and could surprise a few. 20/1 Crack Away Jack made a bad mistake in the closing stages last time, travelled well up to then. The drop in trip should have suited but the going means it will be a test. Though he did win at the Festival last year on soft gives the impression is a speed horse. Finished behind Chomba Womba last time and re-opposes on identical terms. May be capable of better but possibly not if it is very soft. 11/2 Khyber Kim won first time out on debut for Henderson (best run of season) and nearly did the same on reappearance for Twister under a big weight. Stable in nowhere near such good form now and remains to be seen whether he can reproduce that effort let alone improve on it. 40/1 Chomba Womba is improving, acts on the ground, stays further so will be suited by the test of stamina at the trip. It is difficult to see why she is not much shorter in the betting. Stable second string but different owner. 9/2 Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Gone For One has improved since joining current stable which is in great form at the moment. Is the one unexposed horse in the field, though stamina and jumping might be problems. Bob Bob Bobbin has been disappointing since looking a potentially top class novice. However, the addition of a tongue strap seemed to bring some encouragement, over an inadequate trip last time. If (big IF) coming back to his best would win this easily. Price of 8/1 means it is worth taking a chance. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 1:55 Ascot 7 points each way @ 20/1 (B365) Medemit Not very often I agree with Aussie Jim McGrath but 20/1 does look over priced today. Hope Golan Way wins though, as a friend and PL member (Softie) part owns it. Will save on it at better than 7/2. Am also waiting to see what the ground is like at Ascot, don't entirely trust going reports there. Medemit won a normal hurdle race well, needs to step up a good deal on that but should improve and price is worth taking the chance.

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 3:05 Ascot Am a bit worried so many front runners in this race, something Wells and Laoch Dubh took each other on last time. Hopefully will not do the same here, Dev and Sharp Rigging other prominent runners. Both SW and LD doing well in the circumstances and may be well handicapped because of that. Venittia is in particularly good form. If they do go off too fast then Master Medic and Pepsyrock might fight out the finish. Backed Hendersons charge last time when failed to stay 2m6f. Went in to the notebook for a sharper test, though also sweated up quite badly. Wanted to see him in the paddock but by doing so have missed the price. Master Medic is only a novice. Won well last time over further than this but a probable fast pace should bring stamina in to play. 19 points @ 11/2 Something Wells 15 points @ 7/1 Master Medic 5 points @ 27/1 Laoch Dubh Ginge

1:55 Ascot 7 points each way @ 20/1 (B365) Medemit Not very often I agree with Aussie Jim McGrath but 20/1 does look over priced today. Hope Golan Way wins though, as a friend and PL member (Softie) part owns it. Will save on it at better than 7/2. Am also waiting to see what the ground is like at Ascot, don't entirely trust going reports there. Medemit won a normal hurdle race well, needs to step up a good deal on that but should improve and price is worth taking the chance.
:notworthy

1:55 Ascot 7 points each way @ 20/1 (B365) Medemit Not very often I agree with Aussie Jim McGrath but 20/1 does look over priced today. Hope Golan Way wins though, as a friend and PL member (Softie) part owns it. Will save on it at better than 7/2. Am also waiting to see what the ground is like at Ascot, don't entirely trust going reports there. Medemit won a normal hurdle race well, needs to step up a good deal on that but should improve and price is worth taking the chance.
:clap:clap:clap:clap

Thank you so much for Medermit!!

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Well, I already had the form worked out for the Boylesports Hurdle. Just had to alter things a little for different course, going and trainer form. 1:40 Ascot With bookmakers best prices currently working to 1% per runner doubt if it will be significantly worse tomorrow. So: 20 points @ 11/2 Chomba Womba (20% 4/1) My prices to beat are: Binocular 6/4, Chomba Womba 4/1, Crack Away Jack 9/2, Katchit 13/2, Celestial Halo 13/1. Hope to give reasons tomorrow. Ginge

Re: Gingers Jumpers 08 / 09 Forgot all about this: Trabolgan has since drifted badly and I do not advise a bet on him after a long lay off. Of the others only One Gulp and Aigle D'Or's prices are still available. So only those two of these bets will be counted towards my profit / loss. (Already backed Alderburn, Erics Charm and Punchestowns anyway. Hope that makes sense. Todays system bets would have been: 1:05 Ascot 20 points @ 5/1 Trabolgan 17 points @ 6/1 Oedipe 18 points @ 7/1 Alderburn 8 points @ 12/1 Erics Charm 2:10 Ascot 22 points @ 7/2 Punchestowns 6 points @ 16/1 One Gulp 2:45 Ascot 11 points each way @ 6/1 Aigle D'Or

you are on fire, GINGE.... well done. beautiful here today, just took the pup for a run on the beach. GL.
Thanks GL, That's what you get when knowing those percentages.;) Learn the table, you know it makes sense.:dude You can keep the beach with my skin / hair colour, rather have snow than sun. You'd better keep that cap on, don't want you catching the sun. Is pup your nick name for the younger mrs, daughter or dog?:lol Ginge