** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the Day - 17/9/08

fintron

4.40 Sandown Eleven runners face the starter for this class 4 fillies handicap over a mile. The one that takes my fancy is David Simcock's filly, Ainia. This daughter of Alhaarth remains a maiden but has shown plenty of promise in four career starts and runs off a mark of 76 today. She finished 5th on her debut in a Great Leighs maiden won by Slam and although that form isn't anything to write home about, the 2nd and 4th did at least pick up maidens next time out and Slam himself has maintained his form and is a genuine 90's performer. She was entitled to come on for that run and fared slightly better on her next run on soft ground at Goodwood when finishing 4th. She was closely matched with Moon Sister, 5th, who has won two since (including a handicap off 78) and the form of those infront has been equally as pleasing despite the fact the winner hasn't run again since. The 3rd, Fountain's Abbey won a maiden next time out and is rated 80 and the 2nd, Soft Shoe Shuffle, also won a maiden next time out before later picking up a handicap off a mark of 83. Her next run came in a maiden at Ripon when she found only La Sarrazine too good (beaten 3 lengths) and that rival franked the form by winning cosily at Ripon when last seen. The 3rd, Stalking Shadow, was a massive 5 lengths behind Ainia yet won a maiden next time out at Thirsk and maintained his momentum by winning a Salisbury handicap off 80 when last seen. Her last run came at Chepstow when she put in her closest effort to date, defeated by just a neck behind Addiena. The ratings of those horses that finished around her suggest that form isn't anything special, but Ainia was hampered 2 furlongs out that day and maybe could have done better with a clear run and the formlines with Moon Sister and Stalking Shadow could suggest she is well handicapped. She clearly handles a bit of cut in the ground (good, good/soft in places) so the going will not inconvenience and she is backable each-way at the price. 0.5 pt EW

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 17/9/08 I'm fed up of picking losers on the flat, so I'm gonna pick a loser over jumps instead............:lol:lol Listowel 4.10 - Ponmeoath - Win The Kerry National, huge field, heavy ground, three mile slog.........a foretaste of the winter months to come ! I'm going for Ponmeoath who won the race last year. He gets in with just 10-5 because of the top rated horse keeping the weights down........half the field are out of the handicap. Ponmeoath has won on firm ground but he has wins on soft and heavy as well, so hoping he handles the conditions, Course and distance are obviously no problem. He's had a warm up run, many of the others haven't run for four months. Having won the race last year he's obviously here to try and win again and not just 'for an outing'.............

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 17/9/08 Yarm 2.10 Bouvardia 1pt win Was at hq on this much talked up horses debut and it ran very well that day before just going down to subsequent listed winner and group 2 placed horse. Took it up that testing day at hq going into the final furlong but just couldnt quite hold off the fast finisher up the stiff finsisher. Then was a warm order at sails where I have mixed views tbh, finished second and pulled clear off the rest but I cant help that think she should really have won that day, she seemed to have every chance especially after cruising into the race very well. Today though im giving her another chance, interestingly durcan rides here and not at san on another cecil hotpot today and also the drop back in trip to 6f which I think will help this horse who travels so well and of course is by a sprinter.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 17/9/08 500 Yarmouth : Opus Maximus EW If anyone watched his run last time he must have gone into a few notebooks, shuffled out the back and from a near impossible position made up some late ground and was unlucky not be in the frame. Obviously in good heart and if he can be ridden a bit handier I can see him being in the shake up against this opposition.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 17/9/08

Yarm 2.10 Bouvardia 1pt win Was at hq on this much talked up horses debut and it ran very well that day before just going down to subsequent listed winner and group 2 placed horse. Took it up that testing day at hq going into the final furlong but just couldnt quite hold off the fast finisher up the stiff finsisher. Then was a warm order at sails where I have mixed views tbh' date=' finished second and pulled clear off the rest but I cant help that think she should really have won that day, she seemed to have every chance especially after cruising into the race very well. Today though im giving her another chance, interestingly durcan rides here and not at san on another cecil hotpot today and also the drop back in trip to 6f which I think will help this horse who travels so well and of course is by a sprinter.[/quote'] Nice winner, could have had evens, backed into 8/11f :clap

I'm fed up of picking losers on the flat, so I'm gonna pick a loser over jumps instead............:lol:lol Listowel 4.10 - Ponmeoath - Win The Kerry National, huge field, heavy ground, three mile slog.........a foretaste of the winter months to come ! I'm going for Ponmeoath who won the race last year. He gets in with just 10-5 because of the top rated horse keeping the weights down........half the field are out of the handicap. Ponmeoath has won on firm ground but he has wins on soft and heavy as well, so hoping he handles the conditions, Course and distance are obviously no problem. He's had a warm up run, many of the others haven't run for four months. Having won the race last year he's obviously here to try and win again and not just 'for an outing'.............
Great pick trotter. :clap That looked a minefield.

I'm fed up of picking losers on the flat, so I'm gonna pick a loser over jumps instead............:lol:lol Listowel 4.10 - Ponmeoath - Win The Kerry National, huge field, heavy ground, three mile slog.........a foretaste of the winter months to come ! I'm going for Ponmeoath who won the race last year. He gets in with just 10-5 because of the top rated horse keeping the weights down........half the field are out of the handicap. Ponmeoath has won on firm ground but he has wins on soft and heavy as well, so hoping he handles the conditions, Course and distance are obviously no problem. He's had a warm up run, many of the others haven't run for four months. Having won the race last year he's obviously here to try and win again and not just 'for an outing'.............
Excellent :clap:clap:clap

500 Yarmouth : Opus Maximus EW If anyone watched his run last time he must have gone into a few notebooks, shuffled out the back and from a near impossible position made up some late ground and was unlucky not be in the frame. Obviously in good heart and if he can be ridden a bit handier I can see him being in the shake up against this opposition.
11/1 winner, superb BH :clap

500 Yarmouth : Opus Maximus EW If anyone watched his run last time he must have gone into a few notebooks, shuffled out the back and from a near impossible position made up some late ground and was unlucky not be in the frame. Obviously in good heart and if he can be ridden a bit handier I can see him being in the shake up against this opposition.
Well done BH :clap:clap:clap Had most of the tips in here in E/W trebles, gutted on this last one thought as took 7/1 early show But made up for it on Betfair :ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day - 17/9/08 Some great winners today, well done. 8.20 Kempton 13 runners for this Class 5 handicap over 7f. I'm EW on the top one: Glenridding (9/1 SportingBet) - Front runner who is berthed ok in 7. In good form at present and drops in class tonight to Class 5. In addition, tonights jock in 3 wins / 2 2nds from 5 rides on this animal. That stat alone is worth considering. Way overpriced in this grade and still off a good mark. Will grab early lead, dictate the pace and kick off the home turn. Great EW bet for me. EW

:clap