Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September Salisbury 2.40 - Such Optimism - Win Won her maiden by 5L on the course a couple of weeks ago despite being a bit green. She powered away from the field in that 7F contest and should improve both for the run and for the extra furlong This is tougher but I was watching that race on telly and was very impressed, having picked something else in the field..........:wall

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September Ballyalla 3.15 Salisbury(EW) Impressive last time out on good ground over this 6f trip, looks one to improve, made smooth headway last time out and then held on when challenged. Has some decent looking entries and could be a very good horse. Stables other runner is 14-1 so this looks to be 1st choice.

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September Gre Lei 8.50 Wogans Sister 1 pt win for benefits of this thread. This one suddenly sound some form a couple of starts ago, won twice back to back and did so pretty impressively at that level. Noticeably it was claimed by Elsworth during those wins. After that it was moved up in trip and for me was a non stayer, it travelled well in that race a couple of furlongs left along with the eventual winner but whereas the winner scooted clear, this one weakened badly and ended up third. Moved back down to a winning trip of 10f, she is more interesting today. She has risen in the handicap since her wins and there is the danger that may have found her out but her run lto encourages and back at this trip in a race where she will be up there and possibly able to dominate, she is the pick.

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September 1.40 Salisbury Straight Sets must have every chance of making a winning handicap debut as I believe the handicapper has taken a chance by giving her a mark of 68. Looked sure to come on for the run when 3rd FTO (decent yardstick Theory rated 70s in 4th) and no surprise she stepped up on that to get off the mark on her 2nd start - staying on well over 7f on easy ground. The step up to a mile should bring further improvement and she is firmly on my list of horses to follow for the remainder of the season - I'm certain she'll pay her way in handicaps. Straight Sets - win

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September 3.30: Redcar - Always a Rock Back down to mark of last win in July when scoring in a class 2 at Newmarket. Last 3 runs since then have been too bad to be true but every chance of turning that round now dropped back down in class today, if able to cope with slowest surface encountered to date for shrewd yard. WIN

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September

3.30: Redcar - Always a Rock Back down to mark of last win in July when scoring in a class 2 at Newmarket. Last 3 runs since then have been too bad to be true but every chance of turning that round now dropped back down in class today, if able to cope with slowest surface encountered to date for shrewd yard. WIN
Sorry BH this should be an each way bet!

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September SAlis 3.15 (2yo fillies listed 6f, 14 run) KERRY'S REQUIEM Seems to handle a variety of tracks and goings (placed on GS LTO @ Newbury; won @ Windsor on GF). Penultimate run disappointing to say the least, but didn't enjoy being held up and threw away her chances by pulling v. hard. Much improved LTO over 5f when a bit outpaced early stages, but bred to get further and showed it, no room in closing stages when steaming on. Step up to 6f today ideal, has regular pilot up, Channon's 2yo do quite well here, very nice e/w price 17/2. Stall 2 at this track over the distance has 15% SR. Is a good race for favs tho (5/10) so I'll go 0.5pt e/w, cheers

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September 520 Salisbury: Regal Flush Behind Yeats the last twice but nothing here in that calibre, hopefully the ground wont deteriorate that much but then again it wont suit some of the other runners if it did. The placed form in two listed races looks good in the context of this event and the stable has had some decent performances lately so a positive there. Wont be a great price but there are plenty of tricky races out there today which i'm pleased to be leaving alone.

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September 2.30 Redcar Paddy Bear LAY R/P forecast was 2-1 Dont like the look of this current fav.Form is not impressive.Jockey aint all that. Maiden race so anything can happen.Others in this race look much better imo. And this is the reason it make it a lay bet for me. Dont what else to say really,only that i would lay this horse. Currently 2-1 on R/P To back & 3.3 on Betfair to Lay.(Was as low as 2.92)

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September 4.20 Salisbury Clifton Dancer @ 4/1 Tom Dascombe is working miracles with some of his horses this season and I think his runner at Salisbury is over priced. There are negatives in the fact he is a 3 year old carrying a mammoth weight, but his form is the best in the field. 2 runs ago he made the step up to listed class with relative ease and looked a horse capable of going places. The 2nd has since come out and won a really nice handicap at York, franking the form. Last time out, in a competitive Group 3, Clifton Dancer just found it a bit too much but still run a cracker to finish 6th, beating horses like Nans Joy, Nijoom Dubai and Many Colours. That Grp 3 looked a really nice race and I think 6th was a good performance from Clifton Dancer. this is a drop down in class and although carrying top weight, I think Clifton dancer should run really well. WIN

2.30 Redcar Paddy Bear LAY R/P forecast was 2-1 Dont like the look of this current fav.Form is not impressive.Jockey aint all that. Maiden race so anything can happen.Others in this race look much better imo. And this is the reason it make it a lay bet for me. Dont what else to say really,only that i would lay this horse. Currently 2-1 on R/P To back & 3.3 on Betfair to Lay.(Was as low as 2.92)
EASY MONEY :lol Only came 4th

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September 7-20 Great SUPER AL This is my pick only because of the name ,i have bet this horse the 3 times it has ran and been last all 3 times:)its not a horse really but il have faith ,its down in trip from lto but prob wont make a difference tbh cmon super al give me a super night out :beer EW bet

4.20 Salisbury Clifton Dancer @ 4/1 Tom Dascombe is working miracles with some of his horses this season and I think his runner at Salisbury is over priced. There are negatives in the fact he is a 3 year old carrying a mammoth weight, but his form is the best in the field. 2 runs ago he made the step up to listed class with relative ease and looked a horse capable of going places. The 2nd has since come out and won a really nice handicap at York, franking the form. Last time out, in a competitive Group 3, Clifton Dancer just found it a bit too much but still run a cracker to finish 6th, beating horses like Nans Joy, Nijoom Dubai and Many Colours. That Grp 3 looked a really nice race and I think 6th was a good performance from Clifton Dancer. this is a drop down in class and although carrying top weight, I think Clifton dancer should run really well. WIN
:zzz 2 in 2 days that have run seriously below par. the Hannon horse yesterday and that one today. Worried about the form of the Dascombe yard after a brilliant start. I know there are a few bugs going around - Stef Lidiard/P Chapple Hyamm - dont know if its related.

Re: Best Bet Of the Day - Thurs 4th September well there's always a silver lining I guess, and putting the nap up on here is proving a good way of finding out which horse in my daily 4 or 5 horse e/w permed multi to leave out ;) :eyes LOL

6th 2 ½ Kerrys Requiem (IRE) 8-12 T P O'Shea M R Channon 2 11/1
mid-division, short of room over 2f out, soon switched left, ridden and effort when hung right final furlong opened 10/1 touched 9/1