Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08

7.50 Ripon - RED MERLIN (1pt Win) Been running with credit of late with his last 2 runs coming over 10 furlongs when going close in both. The step upto 12 furlongs should really suit this gelding and Clive Cox and Philip Robinson should always be watched when teaming up. Robinson has a 32% strike rate at Ripon over the years and I don't he is coming here tonight for the holiday.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 3.30 Brighton: Ornella Improved sigificantly to finish 3rdwell when moved up in trip LTO on only third race since arriving in this country from France. Form of that race looks solid with 1st & 2nd having since won again and horses further down field having decent runs since. WIN

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 300 Brighton: Game Lady 1pt win Poor cards today for me, I'll stick with the selling races, Highland Warrior looking to be 2's ON at Musselburgh in their seller i'll stick with Brighton and Game Lady. Won quite well at Windsor the other day and Seb Sanders takes the ride. The trainer is no mug and turns the horse out quickly and the opposition looks weaker this time round. Evens at the moment.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 4.15 Muss - Just The Lady - 1 point to win She owes me one as I've put her up a couple of times when she lost then when I gave up on her she duly won the next 2..........:wall She's no more than selling/claiming class but in that grade she's a real speedball, flying out the stalls and running as fast as she can to the line. Nothing fancy with this one. A sharp 5 like Musselburgh should suit her style..........see if the others have time to get going and catch her. Looks a poor race anyway

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 4.30 Bri: Arabian Art Win Low odds fav, but this horse is very capable of winning Cl5 Handicap over 6f. The draw is slightly unfavorable as Brighton over 6f favors lower numbered stalls, but this horse should add a consecutive win to its belt by winning this one. The only threat to its run is Magical Speedfit, but other than that, this horse should have a decent run.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 8.30 Windsor Fountains Abbey - finished 7th on her debut in a Newbury maiden but the form of that race looks solid - 1st (Aqlaam) just won a Group 3 at Ascot, 2nd (Round the Cape) won a maiden NTO at Goodwood, 4th (Yahwudhee) won a Leicester maiden NTO, 5th (Capucci) won on handicap debut at Newbury off 75, 6th (Film Maker) won a Redcar maiden NTO. Sir Michael Stoute's filly was then upped to a mile for its next race at Goodwood, again in a maiden. She was beaten by 4 lengths, but 2nd (Soft Shoe Shuffle) boosted the form by winning NTO. 1st hasn't been seen since. The trainers S/R here of 23 % is another positive.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 9.00 Windsor. Top Seed. Lay. Racing Post SP 4/1. Cannot argue with recent form, but let's be honest and say he's never been easy to win with and did take advantage of a nice weight when last winning. The trip's fine, but the ground would be on the soft side for him and so with all his wins coming on good or faster and plenty of below par efforts on softer than good, it's worth taking him on on the ground alone. Several would appear better weighted on this good/soft ground, so at 4/1 he can only be a lay, irrespective of the end result. If he goes and wins then fair play to him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 7.50 Ripon Precision Break 1pt LAY RP Forecast 13/8 His form reads 561111 but i think today is the day that this will come to an end. I feel the handicapper may be catchiing up on him and he is carrying an extra 6lbs penalty today. At a shorh price he is defintely a lay rather than a play. He is good over this distance of 12 furlongs but i just couldnt back him at this price. Fair play to him if he goes on to win and he might prove to be a better horse than i think. 1pt LAY

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08

3.30 Brighton: Ornella Improved sigificantly to finish 3rdwell when moved up in trip LTO on only third race since arriving in this country from France. Form of that race looks solid with 1st & 2nd having since won again and horses further down field having decent runs since. WIN
good shout mate i was on it :clap

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 Ripon 7.50: Prescision Break WIN Chasing a five-timer, Paul Cole's improving colt hacked up LTO at Wolverhampton and John Egan was very bullish after that performance so more is expected and a 6lb penalty doesnt look enough to stop him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 Easy Wonder (5.0 Brighton) Subject of a gamble yesterday when sent off 3/1 fav after being available at as big as 10/1 on the morning exchanges. Missed the break and was still in last place at the furlong marker, he took a while to get going when first asked, but when he did find his stride finished to some effect and was only beaten 1 length in the end. If getting going a bit sooner this time could gain quick compensation.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 my best bet of the day would be drumbeat 540 roscommon. did well on debut and nice improvement expected. looks a much better sort for the future than any other rival and will be disappointing if not winning this race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 BLUE JAVA 6.40 Windsor. 0.5 points each way. Not on many people's lists for a win, but I think this race can be run a a pace that suits him well, and on this track I can see him coming home strongly than most others. The weights suggest he has every chance at best, so with the ground not being a concern in my opinion and the race there for the taking, he looks well worthy of an each way bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 W6.30 Unlimited 0.5pt E/W The last time this one raced on ground with a bit of juice in it, it landed a right old gamble. Today is the first time since that run that it faces similar conditions whilst most of its rivals (amongst those drawn high) would prefer the ground to be faster. Currently 16/1 with Ladbrokes (although now only paying 3 places rather than 4 due to the non runners).

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 Windsor 9:00 Olimpo E/W 0.5 Crashing down the weights to a winning mark of 74. Previous course & distance winner. Weighted to turn the form around of second favourite Spirit Of Adjisa. I think it has a chance to place and maybe win. Currently 12/1 BSQ. Good Luck All

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Mon 7/7/08 Windsor 9.00 Olimpo Tossed up between this one & coin of the realm for this last race of the day at Windsor. The main factor here is the ground hence why Top Seed is a NR now. This horse will like the ground & shows 2 wins from 3 on a soft surface. Won at this time last year with those 2 soft ground wins. 9/1 now after the withdrawals, but still a decent price.