From 100 points to bankruptcy ??

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ??

Bit late posting cassius mate. :spank ;)
WFM, it makes no difference to the thread, and I do have to eat or I'll waste away. coz I iz a slender chap :loon It's based on laying anything from 1.91 (10/11) to 1.53 (8/15) to lose 10 points, and backing anything from 1.5 (1/2) and worse to win 10 points. Some days I have been out and posted the results when I got home. :ok

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WFM, it makes no difference to the thread, and I do have to eat or I'll waste away. coz I iz a slender chap :loon It's based on laying anything from 1.91 (10/11) to 1.53 (8/15) to lose 10 points, and backing anything from 1.5 (1/2) and worse to win 10 points. Some days I have been out and posted the results when I got home. :ok
Is this not After eventing??? I could do that with my thread and i am sure i would get wrong for it, im sure it says this in the rules of the forum.. Just making you aware, before you get wrong mate. :ok

Is this not After eventing??? No it's not. It's been explained before. I don't normally post until right on the off as posting early has caused errors. The price of the horse on 'the off' denotes whether it's a back or a lay. If it's stuck on 4/6, for example, it's not going to go to evens or 1/2 so I can post before the off. I have no pictures here and rely on the RP for shows. If a race is going off late I am none the wiser, so I have to post at the off time if I'm not on the phone/eating/drinking/smoking, with the latter 3 not taking place in this room. I have posted early before when the price was 4/7, as a lay, only to find the race was delayed a couple of minutes, and the 'high rollers' waded in, and it was heavily backed to 1/2, so it should have been a back bet instead of a lay. If I have to go out for the day the thread is updated when I get home. I could do that with my thread and i am sure i would get wrong for it, im sure it says this in the rules of the forum. Stewart looked at in the early stages, and there has been no complaint since. Just making you aware, before you get wrong mate. :ok
8-15 Windsor Border Owl layed to lose 10 Bank 214-82

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? OK, let me put this straight. After eventing is strictly not tolerated anywhere on the forum, I understand that this is a difficult one because odds can change very close to the off, however you must post the bets you place before the off, regardless of the off price. If you are not backing these selections, you still need to post the selection before the off, and state if it is below 8/15 before the off you are backing and if its between 10/11 and 4/7 you are backing, however if this isnt a paper trial you must post the selections before the off. :ok

OK' date=' let me put this straight. After eventing is strictly not tolerated anywhere on the forum, I understand that this is a difficult one because odds can change very close to the off, however you [b']must post the bets you place before the off, regardless of the off price. If you are not backing these selections, you still need to post the selection before the off, and state if it is below 8/15 before the off you are backing and if its between 10/11 and 4/7 you are backing, however if this isnt a paper trial you must post the selections before the off. :ok
It's more actual, but part paper trial. On days or times when I haven't been here at my PC I don't leave bets in the Betfair system. I've still updated results when I got home, using the same rule - 10/11 to 8/15 is a lay, with 1/2 or worse being backs. It's no problem to post 10 minutes before 'the off' of any race, but price changes that make the horse a back instead of a lay or vice-versa, mean more posts right on 'the off'. In the real world with these bets, I also trade on them when prices move, but I can't put those on here. This thread was primarily to show that you can make a profit with odds-on shots. I said it would be difficult :loon because when I'm backing I obviously want the best price. As I'm backing to win the same amount on each bet, the stake is lower if I get a better price. And when laying, I lay to lose the same amount on each horse. I want the worst price so that the backers stake increases. If it's going to cause aggravation you can lock the thread and I'll stop :ok Nobody follows the system anyway or they would have said so by now.

It's more actual, but part paper trial. On days or times when I haven't been here at my PC I don't leave bets in the Betfair system. I've still updated results when I got home, using the same rule - 10/11 to 8/15 is a lay, with 1/2 or worse being backs. It's no problem to post 10 minutes before 'the off' of any race, but price changes that make the horse a back instead of a lay or vice-versa, mean more posts right on 'the off'. In the real world with these bets, I also trade on them when prices move, but I can't put those on here. This thread was primarily to show that you can make a profit with odds-on shots. I said it would be difficult :loon because when I'm backing I obviously want the best price. As I'm backing to win the same amount on each bet, the stake is lower if I get a better price. And when laying, I lay to lose the same amount on each horse. I want the worst price so that the backers stake increases. If it's going to cause aggravation you can lock the thread and I'll stop :ok Nobody follows the system anyway or they would have said so by now.
Hi mate, I understand what you are saying and will get back to you tomorrow about it. However, dont take it the wrong way, I am not going to close the thread and I am sure a lot of people will be keeping an eye on how its doing, as its a very simple system. :ok

Hi mate, I understand what you are saying and will get back to you tomorrow about it. However, dont take it the wrong way, I am not going to close the thread and I am sure a lot of people will be keeping an eye on how its doing, as its a very simple system. :ok
Just re read that and it seems as if the 2nd bit is said in a negative tone. Too tired to re-word, but it isnt meant to come across that way. :loon :ok

That's what I meant by nobody else follows it. Almost 1,000 views but only half a dozen comments :loon

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? I also can't see the after-eventing here - the rules are clearly laid down in the first post so everyone can make their mind up - in fact, this is more like a system than a glory hunt - with more action on the side of a prospective follower needed - than just copying the sels;)

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? Tulenos doesn't need glasses :lol:tongue2 This is the first post for the 2-50. Conduit, at the moment, is a lay to lose me 10 points, so 17.35 @ 1.58 The lower I can lay it at, the more I take on it. If Conduit shortens to 1/2 before 'the off' it becomes a back, to win 10 points, not a lay. Is that clear enough? :dude I show you the system, you can pick your own prices if you follow it. Now for lunch. :ok

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? Yeah, thats fine mate. I think the horse name would be enough as you have clearly stated the rules of this thread. To be honest, it would probably be best in Systems and Strategy where no-one will be worried as the rules of the system are easy to follow. I will get back to you.

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? Downstairs for the start of lunch, as soon as it touched 1/2, I came back up to back it just before 'the off'. Lunch now finished :ok and 9-50 (10-00 less comm) to add to the bank. Bank 224-32 At SP, either to lose 10 or to win 10, this system is currently 388-34 up (after comm) since the start of the season. I have to lay slightly over the odds on Betfair, but when I back, it evens out as I get over the odds on those.

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? Cas, only the threads that risk all there bank get any interest usually, and dont forget out of the 1,000 views, 500 of them are you:lol Agree with Tulenos and Stewart, You'd be better off in the Systems section with this. Good luck anyway mate!

Cas, only the threads that risk all there bank get any interest usually, and dont forget out of the 1,000 views, 500 of them are you:lol 955 last night, I must have been busy while I was asleep :rollin:rollin Agree with Tulenos and Stewart, You'd be better off in the Systems section with this. Good luck anyway mate!
If they want to move it over I don't mind, not my decision.

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? Thanks Spooner :ok 3-30 Goodwood Henry The Navigator Back 24.1 @ 1.42 Though reports are he doesn't look in tip-top shape, while Ravens Pass looks ready to race out of his skin. No pictures up in this room and can't be arsed to go downstairs yet ;) (Can't see it going 8/15 though, which would make it a lay)

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? OK, as the system is clearly laid out, it is simple for anyone to see what the outcome and likely bets would be. It also allows people to adapt the system to suit themselves, therefore I dont feel that Cass can be accused of completely after-eventing. However, I think half the stir was caused by this thread being in Glory Hunters, and I am going to move it to Systems and Strategy, where it is probably more suited. Cass, if you want to change the thread title to outline what you are doing, feel free. I will leave a re-direct in this forum temporarily so anyone following will know what has happened to it. On a side note, the recent discussions have somewhat taken away from the success of this thread I feel, so I would like to offer my congratulations at how this is going, and I hope the results continue to be successful to you. :ok

Re: From 100 points to bankruptcy ?? cassius in S&S :loon we're well fucked now. please remind me, what does 233 - 82 stand for ? tricky thread this, as you watch the price on a horse and it hovers around 1.50, one person may decide to Back whilst another may Lay, so anyone having a go at this should do his own paper trail first and see how that goes before committing. interesting going thou, all comes down the live price doesn't it.