GazBlades' Vegas Thread

GB80

I don't expect to post much in here, but I didn't want to hijack Uber's. I left home on Wednesday evening to get the train to Gatwick. I arrived at about 1am, and managed to stay awake until my flight to Atlanta at 9am. I can't sleep on planes, but I thought getting no sleep whatsoever might help. It didn't, and I got just the 1 hour on there. Got to Atlanta, went to the baggage collection, and half an hour later the bags have stopped coming on and mine is nowhere to be seen. I went to ask what I'm supposed to do, and I can't report it until I get to Vegas. At this point, I desperatly need a shave, and a change of clothes, as the poor person I'm supposed to be sitting next to on the flight to Vegas will have a dodgy smell next to them. I've got 4 hours to kill, so I get something to eat. 4 hours turns into 6 as the flight is delayed, and at this point I've had 1 hours sleep in almost 48 hours. Luckily for all the passengers on the plane, the 1 spare seat on it is the one next to me. The whole journey I'm starting to worry what will happen if my case is lost, as I've only got contact lenses for 2 days, my darts are in there, etc. Get to Vegas, have a quick look if my case is there, on the off chance, but it isn't. So I go and report it. Once I've given my name, the lady behind there tells me that she's found it and it's been delayed and won't arrive until Friday. I'm relieved that it's not lost, so get the taxi to the hotel, check in, and wash my shirt before I go to bed at around 9:30pm. Wake up feeling suprisingly ok at about 6am, so have a bath, buy some deoderant, and get breakfast at the buffet. After 2 huge plates of Scrambled Egg on toast, head to O'Shea's to play in the 9am tournament. Only 12 in it, and I come 3rd. On the bubble, but I get a T-Shirt. Woohoo. Sign up for the 12pm tournament at Imperial Palace, but only last half an hour. Play some Texas Hold'em Bonus, and lose $100, before going up to my room for a bit waiting for my case. I end up falling asleep, and waking up at 11pm when I get a phone call telling me my case has arrived. Once it gets delivered, I got back to bed. I wake up around 5am on Saturday, but still don't feel great. Have a shave and a bath, and head down to play some cash. Quadrupled up early with Kings, but a couple of big hands later on crippled me and reminded me that I can't play cash. Played the 12pm Imperial Palace tournament and came 12th. My play the last 20 minutes in that reminded me I can't play poker. Just managed to get to Planet Hollywood in time for the 2pm tournament, but once I got there I felt crap and wish I hadn't. Lasted a couple of hours, but lost a race when I was getting short. Headed back to the IP, and lost a couple of hundred at Texas Hold'em Bonus, which I'm now banning myself from. Headed up to bed around 7pm, which is a waste, but I feel poo and I've got to try and feel ok for the darts tomorrow. Which I do. It's 5am, but thats ok. Will give me a couple of hours to get ready and get some breakfast, then I can get myself :beer:beerto try and play darts. :lol

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread Are you playing in the darts? Me and a couple of guys up here spend half the winter talking about going but never do. Hoping to go to some of the later stages of the darts so might see you there:beer Worried about the smell on the plane? after two large plates of scrambled eggs I'd be more worried about it at the poker table:puke

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread Yeah, got a tournament today with everyone in it, then tomorrow and Tuesday are the qualifiers for the main tournament. I'm not playing well though, so I don't expect to get anywhere close!

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread

Yeah' date=' got a tournament today with everyone in it, then tomorrow and Tuesday are the qualifiers for the main tournament. I'm not playing well though, so I don't expect to get anywhere close![/quote'] Dont worry, I'm sure Phil Ivy's ripe for a prop bet.:ok

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread Decided to play a bit of cash before heading to Mandelay Bay yesterday morning, mainly just to :beer. Had fun, was around even at $250 just before I was about to leave the table, but then lost it all in 2 hands :eyes Why do I bother when I know I'm a crap cash game player. Got to Mandelay Bay for the darts, didn't play well, but still should have won the 1st and 4th sets against Larry Butler (yank who won the World Matchplay back in the day). Lost 3-1 though. Almost marked a 9 darter from Colin Osborne though, which would have been nice. Stayed for a bit, then went over to the Excalibur. By this stage I was on my way to being slightly tipsy. Put my name down for the cash games, and played a bit of Blackjack to kill the time. Won just over $100, then proceded to lose that and more at poker. Why do I bother? At least I got to spin the wheel when my Aces were cracked (if I'd have won that hand I'd have been about $400 up :sad). Played a little bit of Texas Hold'em Bonus, lost a bit more, then walked back to IP to bed at around 9pm. There is a running theme here with my money ending up elsewhere, so apart from $100 a day, I'm going to just play tournaments.........Finally got some money through that I was waiting for (that was supposed to be for bracelet events), so will be able to play a few Mega Satellites later in the week. :hope Back to the darts today, so I will be starting :beershortly! Once the darts are out the way, let me know where everyone is meeting up etc. Got Uber's number, but being someone who has to be in bed by 9, I'm probably not much fun in Vegas so I'll leave it a couple of days!!

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread Hi Gaz , stay off them cash games :spank What was the temp like when you walked back to IP .... you should have broken the walk with a trip to the brewery at the back of the Montre Carlo ... something nearer to proper beer. :cheers

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread I haven't been too well for a fair chunk of my time here, partly through I'm not sure what, and also a day from too much drink. Feeling a bit better now though. So last night I went to play a $1060 Mega Satellite. 6000 chips to start, and 15 minutes in I raise to 200 with Queens. Small blind calls me, and flop comes 10 high. He checks, I bet 350, he calls. Turn is an Ace, so when he checks I check. River comes and he bets 1000. I don't like it, but call in case he think the Ace scares me. He shows A 10. Half an hour later and I'm down to around 3400 (after bluffing 700 off :eyes). I see Kings. Under the gun has raised to 400 (blinds now 50/100), so I raise to 1400. He thinks for a while, then calls. Flop comes Queen high. He checks. I'm a little suspicious of the check, and was hoping he's traping me with AQ, but with about 2000 left I don't see a lot of other choice than pushing all in. He of course calls and shows his pocket Queens, so I'm out. :sad I may play a smaller one today, but I'm starting to not see the point. :\

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread I played in 3 tournaments yesterday. In the 10am in Planet Hollywood, I lost with a Full House. In the 2pm, I lost with a King high flush against an Ace high flush. And after stupidly deciding to waste another $330 in a Main Event satellite, after losing half my chips with Ace Queen against Ace Six (with an Ace on the flop). Then on the button with 6 5 clubs, limp in after 3 other limpers. Flop comes 9h 6d 5d. Small Blind puts 450 in, cut off calls, I push all in, both call. Small Blind turns over Ah 9d, cut off has 10d 3d. Turn is 10h, river is 3h. :eyes I'm starting to hate poker.

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread After pretty much hitting rock bottom with poker while over here, things have turned around the last couple of days. I've cashed in 3 of the 5 tournaments I've played, and have decided to play the Caesars Mega Stack Main Event tomorrow. I've played much better the last couple of days. It's helped that I've hit a few hands, but I've loosened up a little and it seems to be working. For those still in Vegas, if your near New York New York go and have something to eat in the ESPN Bar. I've been known to have a burger or two in my time, but the ones in there are delicious!

I'm still in after Day 1. 283 left' date=' and I have 165.5k chips. Average is around 110k. Something like the top 120 get paid.... :hope[/quote'] Nice going Gaz .... g0od luck for day 2 :ok Some of the beats you had earlier in the week were a bit rough .... but maybe you're just getting them out of the way !! Plain sailing from here on in :hope

Re: GazBlades' Vegas Thread If anyone has seen the Strategy thread I posted, it probably won't take a rocket scientist to work out that I went out 3 places before the money. The short story is, I get AA with a below average but very comfortable to make the money stack. I raise preflop and get re-raised all in by the small blind who's been very aggresive since he got to the table. I insta-call, and he turns over K3 diamonds. Flop is QJ9, turn is a 10, and I'm gone. :sad

If anyone has seen the Strategy thread I posted, it probably won't take a rocket scientist to work out that I went out 3 places before the money. The short story is, I get AA with a below average but very comfortable to make the money stack. I raise preflop and get re-raised all in by the small blind who's been very aggresive since he got to the table. I insta-call, and he turns over K3 diamonds. Flop is QJ9, turn is a 10, and I'm gone. :sad
You're on a run even worse than mine,unlucky bud.