** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July awrl, i didn't see the Vadisova game, but my brother phoned me and told me he couldn't believe what he was watching. I take it you had her to win 2-0. I've been there with other sports bets, worst thing about those situations is when posts come back telling you to "wise up, there's no such thing as a fix".Mucho sympathy mate. Better luck next time.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

SportTennis
EventBelluci-Stadler
SelectionBelluci
Strength10/10
Date25/06/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningI like Belluci chances here to win as i believe that this young player has enough talent to win against Stadler who is not such force and the bookies set him as slight favourite here only cause he beat Karlovic in previuos round only cause Ivo was playing really bad.Belluci has really good service and very powerfull forehand and i think he is better than Stadler who didnt had any succes so far in carrer.Price is very good and it is worth to take.

SportTennis
EventFerrer-Andreev
SelectionFerrer
Strength10/10
Date25/06/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.42 (Back)
ReasoningFerrer looks like a nice bet as he showed recently that he can play very good on grass as he won tournament in Hertongenbosch last week very easily and here it would be just undeserved for him to lose nevertheless as Andreev has better H2H 4-1 but in this moment i believe that Ferrer is closer to win as he plays really agressive tennis and Andreev is not so big power on grass.Price is not high but it is fair and looks really safe.

SportTennis
EventLi Na-Pavlyuchenko
SelectionLi Na
Strength10/10
Date25/06/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningLi Na after slow start in last match against Rodioniova started to play excellent in 2nd and later in 3rd set dropping only one game from twelve as she showed really nice tennis.On the other side Pavlyuchenko played in some moments really good in some very bad ans she played against Cornet and beat here in two tb as she haved 5-2 lead in second set.Li Is better player here and price is solid and looks very safe.

SportTennis
EventRodina-Vesnina
SelectionRodina
Strength10/10
Date25/06/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningRodina here is my bet as this girl showed lot better tennis in first match not much better than Vesnina but better.Also Vesnina is not in form and she made lot of unforced errors against against Llagostera who is not clay player at all and game was very hard and long 6-7,6-4,6-4 and she beat here only cause Llagostera weakness.Rodina beat Razzano after terrible start against Razzano 6-0 but then she started to play little bit better and won last two sets 6-2,6-4.Price is very good and it is worth to take.

MAURESMO' date= Amelie (FRA) - RUANO PASCUAL, Virginia (ESP) In my opinion Momo can today fall off from the competition. Both contestants with itself still did not play. We know that Momo the best years has for itself. Can analysis not too convincing but I think that for the small amount of money it is possible to try ;) pick 2 odds 4.5 stake 2/10 Centrebet
4:6,6:1,6:1 smiley19.gif - 2 units

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July MATHIEU @ 1.4 Sportingbet. Chardy eventually got through against Gil in 5 but I'm willing to oppose him again. Mathieu had a slow start against Hernandez but came good and won in 4 - comfortably. He did really well here last year beating Stepanek, Ferrer and Ljubicic before losing to Roddick. Don't like taking Mathieu at short prices but in slams he seems to get it done, over the past year his slam performances have been pretty good ad he should be OK here. HAAS @ 1.57 Boylesports. Can't see beyond Haas here, and surprised he isn't more like 1.40. He looks to be serving well again, he was good in Halle but went down in a final set breaker to eventual finalist Kohlschreiber and got a decent win over Canas in the first round. I know Canas had an injury problem but I watched most of it and still feel Tommy played well. Robredo normally plays in Hertogenbosch and does well, but this year decided to go to Warsaw which shows you how he feels about grass. His record in the tournament in Holland is much better than his one at Wimbledon, where he is 7-7, despite being seeded all but one time. He's never beaten anyone of the calibre of Haas at Wimbledon, and I can't see that changing. PENG @ 1.77 Betfair. Just going against Bammer here. She's been awful this year and only got through the first round due to a retirement when a set down. I like Peng but looking through her results she's not doing too well. Still looked better than Bammer in the first round than Bammer and should be too strong. Bammer has been getting hammered too often for my liking this year and should be opposed. PENNETTA @ 2.00 Sportingbet. Bookies and Betfair market can't split them but I'm going to side with Pennetta. Both have good records at Wimbledon, but you'd expect it from Sugiyama the way she plays. I think it's more impressive from Pennetta, who has always lost to quality: Henin, Petrova (3 sets), Pierce, Sharapova (3 sets) and last years shock finalist Bartoli. Her form is much better this year than when she was slumping last year. I also think Sugiyama is really on the slide this year, and Pennetta should be too strong

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July TURSUNOV to win quarter 3 @ 34.00 Ladbrokes. Was just looking around some outright markets, and this is plain wrong. He's been matched as low as 10.5 on Betfair and I think he should be about 15.00. He's coming off being disqualified at Nottingham and a cracking 5 setter against Mahut and he's just the type to get on a roll. He's got Chris Eaton next up, which should be very comfortable despite the Brit serving well so far. Then the main thing against Roddick or Tipsarevic. Probably Roddick but Tipsy could push him a bit and is the master of 5 setters. Roddick/Tursunov should be very good and they've had some close ones in the past. If he came through that probably Blake (maybe Almagro) and the way Blake is playing, I don't see him going deep. If he made it to the quarters then I'm sure he'd be favourite against any of those guys. Pure value at this price.

its **** mate state of tennis you can only guarantee matches arent fixed if the players in the top 3 seeds and of course select others say like leyton hewitt who has passion for the game! dont know if anyone else watched the vaidisova match but that was shocking watching her in the second set she deliberately lost it
There's actually a rule in tennis that you must try at all times and it's true that Vaidisova did toss it in. However, more to do with battles going on in her own head, I believe - she is struggling with it all at present and maybe needs a break. It was also tough for Stosur when an opponent is hot and cold like that and she simply lost momentum in the third set.

its **** mate state of tennis you can only guarantee matches arent fixed if the players in the top 3 seeds and of course select others say like leyton hewitt who has passion for the game! dont know if anyone else watched the vaidisova match but that was shocking watching her in the second set she deliberately lost it
Why would somebody deliberately lose a set? Had she backed herself to win 2-1, with the knowledge of her opponent, who also backed herself to lose 2-1. She's the 10th seed. Not in the first 3, therefore no guarantees, according to you. So why did you bet if you thought it was bent?

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July For my own interest, I thought I would monitor the success (or otherwise) of people's tips through the Wimbledon fortnight. (I did have a particular reason for doing this). I've only included those where people have quoted the price and the bookmaker, and for simplicity I've assumed a straight 1 point on every selection. I thought you might find it of interest if I reproduce the basic results to date. I was hoping to see lots of you in profit, but sadly (to date) only two of you have achieved that. Still, plenty of time yet to improve matters :ok Heniek31............ 1.44 Josedias............. 1.00 Crazy North.......-0.28 Lucky 1.............-0.99 Mirkomale..........-1.00 KurtFurt............-1.00 Randall.............-1.00 Winning Tipster...-1.82 Koloino..............-2.00 Keliot................-2.00 Mr Intensity.......-3.32 Quite depressing reading to date, but let's hope for better as the week progresses, and the form is more exposed. I'll reproduce the updated list every few days.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Haas @ 1.5 too strong on grass for robredo who got pushed by out of form Vliegen. Cilic @ 1.5 Cilic has the big serve to take down Jarko. Jarko not all that solid on serve and not in the best of form. Cilic performed well in Nottingham besides loss to Verdasco who is in excellent form. Simon at 1.66 Simon can play on the fast surfaces better then you would think. Pushed Verdasco to 3 sets last week and clincally dismantled first round opponent. As soon as Simon goes on a run Calleri will lose his head as well as the match. Gulbis @ 8.0 alright hes a huge long shot and Nadal is my favorite to win the tournament. However, Gulbis has got tons of game and will no doubt put up a fight against Nadal. Gulbis is not scared of playing these high ranked players and has nothing to lose. Worth a shot with small stakes

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July today I will play a little otherwise than always. I will play such here combo: Jürgen Melzer (AUT) + Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) + Marina Erakovic (NZL) In my opinion today types ought nicely to enter without any problems. Good luck :D odds 1.96 stake 7/10 Jetbull

For my own interest, I thought I would monitor the success (or otherwise) of people's tips through the Wimbledon fortnight. (I did have a particular reason for doing this). I've only included those where people have quoted the price and the bookmaker, and for simplicity I've assumed a straight 1 point on every selection. I thought you might find it of interest if I reproduce the basic results to date. I was hoping to see lots of you in profit, but sadly (to date) only two of you have achieved that. Still, plenty of time yet to improve matters :ok Heniek31............ 1.44 Josedias............. 1.00 Crazy North.......-0.28 Lucky 1.............-0.99 Mirkomale..........-1.00 KurtFurt............-1.00 Randall.............-1.00 Winning Tipster...-1.82 Koloino..............-2.00 Keliot................-2.00 Mr Intensity.......-3.32 Quite depressing reading to date, but let's hope for better as the week progresses, and the form is more exposed. I'll reproduce the updated list every few days.
Cheers mate, I'm off to find a blunt instrument to hit myself with:sad

Why would somebody deliberately lose a set? Had she backed herself to win 2-1, with the knowledge of her opponent, who also backed herself to lose 2-1. She's the 10th seed. Not in the first 3, therefore no guarantees, according to you. So why did you bet if you thought it was bent?
It wasn't bent. She wasn't cheating. She's got no confidence and is mental. She played as badly for the first half of the third set, but when she managed somehow to save 3 break points to avoid going down 0-4 she started playing again. Also, did anyone see the point that got her to match point? Stosur didn't get it up, but knocked it back and Vaidisova waited then blasted it back just between Stosur and the ball boy running across - complete nutcase:wall