** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Federer v Ancic UNDER 32.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Can't see beyond Fed and can't see it not being comfortable. Ancic beat Federer at Wimbledon in 2002 but since then they've met 3 times in slams (2 French, 1 Wimbledon) and it's been Fed in 3 comfortable sets (29, 30 and 27 games) and I can't see this being any different. Even with 1 tiebreak we've still got a decent chances of hitting this as 7-6 6-4 6-3 would just squeak in. Ancic got lucky against Verdasco when the Spaniard choked but in that match Ancic looked very breakable. After that long battle and still with a leg injury, can't see him pushing Federer too hard. Safin v Lopez OVER 40.5 games @ 1.83 Skybet. Slightly tempted to take Lopez here but I'm going to lay the over instead. H2H is 4-1 to Lopez including straight sets at Wimbledon in 2005 with Safins only win coming when he was about to start a roll in Madrid 2004 (Safin won Beijing a couple of weeks before, then won Masters Series in Madrid and Paris). That's a big positive for Lopez, but at this stage of a slam, I just don't want to oppose Safin at this price. All of the meetings have been close, in fact all have had 1 tiebreak. I see this one being just as close, and both should take at least 1 set. I saw a bit of Safin against Wawrinka, and the Swiss seemed uncomfortable on grass which really helped Safin. Lopez came through a 5 setter against Baghdatis where he served like a god when it mattered. Would not be surprised to see this go 5, and should go over 40.5 games. NADAL -5.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Well, Murray came through against Gasquet but surely this is the end of the road. In the first 3 sets Gasquet showed he had the beating of Murray and you have to feel Nadal will have a lot of success from the back in this match. Murray struggled behind his second serve against Gasquet and I expect him to have even more problems in this one. Murray may nick a set, but I like this bet as I think when Nadal gets up in a set Murrays head can drop for 10 minutes and I think there's a good chance of a 6-1 or 6-2 set to Nadal. Vamos Rafa!

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

Federer 3-0 Ancic is as short as 1/7 with a few firms. Which is pretty ridiculous. Thought this was a massive lay when I saw this price. However some have now opened up as big as 1/3 and you have to lay 1/2 on betfair. The big firms are yet to price it up but will keep an eye on this market. I've always thought Ancic is capable of a big Wimbledon tournament and after all he is the last person to beate Federer here. He has been plagued with injury and illness for a year or so but if this game hasn't come to soon (especially after the tough game today) then this is no walkover for Federer. Not to the extent that some firms think anyway.
Although it's bigger than I'd hoped, I have laid the 3-0 at 1.49. Not played as big as I first intended however.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July 2/2 i am so far so todays bets will be serena & venus williams to win their womens double match 2-0 @ 1.40 i think it was rodger federer to win his singles match in 3-0 @ 1.5 i personally feel if both my selections win their 1st sets then they will prob cake walk the rest of the match. important thing is the 1st set though if these are succesful i cant help but leave out nadal at 1.22 as 22% increase to my bankroll

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Schuettler Rainer - Clement Arnaud In this meeting in my opinion larger chances for the guilts have Clement. In the all competition committed less, 68 unforced errors. however Rainer Schuettler 86. First Serves In they have nearing to itself, number aces also. In this duel will be to decide disposal for but in my opinion will win Celement. pick 2 odds 1.91

stake 3/10 Sportingbet

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July The Sloppy Tip Bet: Ancic +7.5 games vs Federer @ 1.73 Although I think Federer will win this in 3 sets I think this is quite good odds and Ancic is being underrated. I've predicted the score to be 6-4, 7-5, 6-4, which would give Federer 19 games and Ancic 19.5. Stake: 5/10

Event R Nadal v A Murray
Selection R Nadal 3-0
Strength 10/10
Date 02/07/2008
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.18 (Back)
Reasoning Credit to Murray for getting through the Gasquet match, but he was outplayed for the 1st 2 sets and really should have been beaten. However, his fighting spirit showed through and he played some great tennis for the final 3 sets. However, that match will have taken a lot out of him and Nadal has looked really good on the grass this year. The victory against Djokovic showed how well he is acting on the surface, and I expect this match to be quite similar to the Murray-Gasquet match, but I dont expect Nadal to falter when serving out to win 3-0. I wish Murray the best of luck, but my head says Nadal, Nadal, Nadal.

2/2 i am so far so todays bets will be serena & venus williams to win their womens double match 2-0 @ 1.40 i think it was rodger federer to win his singles match in 3-0 @ 1.5 i personally feel if both my selections win their 1st sets then they will prob cake walk the rest of the match. important thing is the 1st set though if these are succesful i cant help but leave out nadal at 1.22 as 22% increase to my bankroll
so far so good hopefully 4/4 williams break up 2nd set 5-3 up federer 2-0 up on sets

Although it's bigger than I'd hoped' date=' I have laid the Federer 3-0 at 1.49. Not played as big as I first intended however.[/quote'] Ah well. I didn't play big thakfully as the price was bigger than I hoped. Thought there would be at least one 12+ game sets. The pivitol point came in the 11th game (5-5) in the 2nd set when Federer got a favourable call at 30-15 (Ancic). That really was Ancic's only chance to get a a tie-break. No complaints though oviously, Federer was different league.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July CLEMENT @ 2.08 Betfair. Clement started as a fav but now coming back tomorrow at a set each and he's the dog. That's because he was crap today, but found some magic at the end to nick the second set. He was also the one who wanted to come off so it was a pretty perfect ending for him. Schuettler must be seething and I feel that his chance has passed. Going for Clement as I don't think he'll play that bad again, and I still think he's favourite to come through. VENUS -3.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. 3.5 seems quite generous here I thought it would be 4.5 which it is at other places. Venus has looked to be getting as the tournament has progressed and I can't see here having many problems here. Dementieva came through a crazy match against Petrova and I can't see her being that lucky again. Her serve looks a mess and Venus is sure to punish it. Can't see this being close.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Half way through the second week, and well done to wolves27 who has had 4 winners from 4 bets; albeit short prices, but you can't lose on a winner as the old saying goes. Six people are now showing profit to a level stake (on those bets where the price has been quoted) and it may be that people find it easier to pick winners in the second week when they've had the chance to weigh up the up-to-date form from the first week. Would anyone remember if this has been the trend in other tournaments? wolves27..............2.14 Heniek31..............1.44 stewartd14...........1.18 sir fernando..........1.16 Josedias...............1.00 Koloino.................0.81 Sloppy J..............-0.17 Crazy North.........-0.28 Abbo22...............-0.34 stipe86st............-0.40 billy the punter....-0.49 Lucky 1...............-0.99 Randall...............-1.00 Kurtfurt..............-1.00 bet_man.............-1.00 Big Bets..............-1.00 Big Alf................-1.00 Winning Tipster....-1.19 Mirkomale............-1.50 mgas98..............-2.00 Keliot.................-2.00 Mr Intensity.........-6.21

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July 2 bets again tommorow and yes i do love those williams sisters on grass 1st serena williams to win 2-0 vs zheng zheng as done well this tourney and caused many an upset but this is one stop too far, i feel serena will just muscle her off the court with her hard hitting long as serena cuts down on unforced errors she will win at a breeze 2nd bet venus williams to beat dementieva 1.27 i quite tempted with the 2-0 at 1.76 but i will take the safe option and hope to lock in some garunteed profit. suprised she such big odds on her favourite surfice vs dementieva --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- i also have 5 right by way as had nadal as mentioned as he said you cant lose money if you win every bet, but if i was to lose say these two i would be down for tournement. also mr i, knows lot more about tennis than me, so i think im just lucky and he may just of had bad day or two but the stats are intresting just generally see who doing what

How about going back and doing it for the whole year?:tongue2
LOL. I wish I had the time. You had a bad first week. We all know that wasn't your normal form. But it's onwards and upwards from now I'm sure :ok

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Originally Posted by Mr Intensity viewpost.gif How about going back and doing it for the whole year?:tongue2 LOL. I wish I had the time. You had a bad first week. We all know that wasn't your normal form. But it's onwards and upwards from now I'm sure :ok yeah new month new beginning guys...lets go kick sme ar@#e

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Venus Williams to win 2-1 @ 4.5 the top seed Demantieva is no mug and will battle all the way to the end, people forget she is the highest seeded player out of the 4 SF players and she has enough ability to take a set against Venus, lots of talk about Demantieva 'serve' problems, but at the end of the day, you dont reach Grand Slam Semi-Finals and Finals by playing badly.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Federer v Safin 32-35 GAMES inclusive @ 4.33 Stan James. H2H is 8-2 to Federer but 5-1 since Federer became 'special' in 2003. Safins only win was that epic in the semi final of the Australian Open where the big Russian was on top of his game. Interestingly, in all of the last 6 meeting there has been at least 1 tie break and I expect similar here. The last meeting was at Wimbledon last year where Federer won 6-1 6-4 7-6 but that was earlier in the tournament and I don't think Safin was too happy on the grass. This years, he seems more comfortable, but maybe it was getting the huge win over Djokovic that has got him going. Safin has backed that up with very good wins over Seppi, Wawrinka and Lopez where given his form this year you'd have expected him to implode in one of those matches. Still I'm not that impressed, Wawrinka didn't look comfortable on the grass and Lopez really choked under the pressure of the occasion. Federer hasn't done much wrong this tournament, but has been outdone by the excellent performances of Nadal. I expect Federer to be focussed tomorrow as he knows how much of a threat Safin can be. Similarly, I don't expect Safin to buckle, he's been toiling in mediocraty for the past couple of years waiting for an opportunity like this. I think Federer will come through in 3 tight sets, so this looks like a decent bet. Nadal v Schuettler UNDER 29 games @ 2.1 Stan James. This looks good especially since bet365 go 1.66 about the same thing. Schuettler is coming off a 5 hour + 2 day epic against Clement and now has to come out against Nadal. Good luck buddy! I can't see any over outcome apart from Nadal absolutely ripping im apart. It's most likely Schuettlers last chance at the big time, but unlike Safin I can't see him stepping up. He'll have to serve out of his mind otherwise Nadal will be al over him and I just can't see Schuettler having the weapons to hurt Nadal on serve. I can see this being as low as 25 games and this looks a decent price.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Fair play to that Robson. Done amazing. Was watching her earlier, just found out she is only 14!! I take back what I was saying earlier :lol She hits the ball harder than most of the women and if the carries on improving looks like she will be a force in the ladies for us!

Schuettler Rainer - Clement Arnaud In this meeting in my opinion larger chances for the guilts have Clement. In the all competition committed less, 68 unforced errors. however Rainer Schuettler 86. First Serves In they have nearing to itself, number aces also. In this duel will be to decide disposal for but in my opinion will win Celement. pick 2 odds 1.91

stake 3/10 Sportingbet
- 3 units 6:3,5:7,7:6,6:7,8:6 smiley7.gif sorry guys smiley6.gif