** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

Mario Ancic v David Ferrer The Croatian has bags of experience and will rely on his old school, serve and volley tactics, just think if Ferrer mixes it up a bit then Ancic could be in big trouble here. 8/11 Ferrer WIN
yesterday i took ferrer too and the guy made me puke, he had like 7 break points in the 4th set and he didnt even manage to win one, unbelievable:$:$

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Verdasco 2.5 @ Bodog he is playing unbelievably holding serve and breaking big serves without a problem. He destroyed the big serve of Cilic in a demolition last week and broke Karlovic's huge serve in a tight loss. Absolutely demolished an out of form Berdych and I expect he'll take Ancic in 3 or 4 sets. BIG STAKES.

Verdasco 2.5 @ Bodog he is playing unbelievably holding serve and breaking big serves without a problem. He destroyed the big serve of Cilic in a demolition last week and broke Karlovic's huge serve in a tight loss. Absolutely demolished an out of form Berdych and I expect he'll take Ancic in 3 or 4 sets. BIG STAKES.
Verdasco and Ancic met at Queens a few weeks ago
London / Queen's Club Great Britain Grass R32 Ancic 7-6(6) 6-4 Stats

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Its all about current form on surface. Ferrer shitkicked Ancic a week ago and then lost to him fairly handily. I dont believe that Ancic has the ground game to break Verdasco as many times as Verdasco can break him given how well Verdasco has been playing on grass. Verdasco already beat a tall eastern European in Berdych last round and should do it again.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July GASQUET @ 2.25 VC. How is Murray fav here, it can't just be the British money? H2H is 2-0 to Gasquet, including a big pressure match in Paris indoors last year. He looks to be playing well again and when on form is just magnificant to watch. I have very good memories of the Gasquet/Roddick match from last year and this could be just as good. He went on to reach the semis and has more experience of going into the second week of slams. Murray has been good so far, but Haas was a bit of a disappointment and struggled on serve too much. Expect a great atmosphere and that should help Gasquet I think, he likes the big stages (but not the pressure of Roland Garros) and I think he puts in a really big performance here. WAWRINKA @ 2.06 Betfair. Surely Stan should be favourite here? Safin beat a very poor Djokovic then rode that wave to overcome Seppi, but still struggled quite a bit in that one. It's now been quite a while since the Djokovic win and you have to feel the momentum will be gone. He still doesn't like grass and has been in a slump for a long time. I'm a big Safin fan but still I don't fancy him for this at all. He might take a set and play very well for a set, but I can't see him putting up a consistent enough performance. Stan is 9 in the world and showing why he deserves a place in the top 10. He hasn't dropped a set yet (aided by a retirement against Zverev) and despite a poor record on grass before this tournament I make him clear fav. CILIC @ 1.55 Betfair. Clement has come through a pretty soft draw so far and just think Cilic will have too much power here. Cilic has had a couple of battles with Nieminen and Mathieu but he's done well to come through them and I fancy him to keep the run going. RADWANSKA @ 1.88 VC. I know the H2H is 4-1 to Kuzzy but still don't fancy her here. Form so far has been very poor and I'm not sure what is wrong with her but something doesn't seem right. Radwanska just keeps on getting better and got to go with her on extremely good form.

GASQUET @ 2.25 VC. How is Murray fav here' date= it can't just be the British money? H2H is 2-0 to Gasquet, including a big pressure match in Paris indoors last year. He looks to be playing well again and when on form is just magnificant to watch. I have very good memories of the Gasquet/Roddick match from last year and this could be just as good. He went on to reach the semis and has more experience of going into the second week of slams. Murray has been good so far, but Haas was a bit of a disappointment and struggled on serve too much. Expect a great atmosphere and that should help Gasquet I think, he likes the big stages (but not the pressure of Roland Garros) and I think he puts in a really big performance here.
I think thats a bit disrespectful to Murray. He's played some superb stuff so far and I think is rightly favorite. His mind seems to be in the right place this year and physically, he's holding together a lot better. Think this could be a big 4 or 5 setter with Murray just coming through. The Sloppy Tip Bet: Over 40.5 Games @ 1.83 Stake: 5/10

Its all about current form on surface. Ferrer shitkicked Ancic a week ago and then lost to him fairly handily. I dont believe that Ancic has the ground game to break Verdasco as many times as Verdasco can break him given how well Verdasco has been playing on grass. Verdasco already beat a tall eastern European in Berdych last round and should do it again.
If you have money on this Abbo - hope it works for you. Perhaps with Spain winning the football - this year might be the time for Verdasco and more importantly for Nadal:hope

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Here is the latest update of how people have been doing during Wimbledon to a standard 1 point stake. Remember I only include those bets where the prices are quoted. The reason I did this (for my own interest) is that I make most of my money laying horses or on Football Asian Handicaps, but I was interested to see whether tennis betting could be profitable, so I thought I'd track how the experts on this thread did during Wimbledon as a guide. Albeit 5 people are now in profit, the results continue to be a bit discouraging. Maybe they'll pick up during the second week. Good luck everyone :ok Heniek31.............1.44 Sir Fernando........1.00 Josedias..............1.00 Koloino................0.81 Abbo22...............0.66 Crazy North........-0.28 Lucky 1.............-0.99 KurtFurt............-1.00 Randall..............-1.00 Stipe86st..........-1.00 mgas98.............-1.00 bet_man...........-1.00 Winning Tipster..-1.19 Mirkomale..........-1.50 Keliot...............-2.00 Mr Intensity.......-6.58

Here is the latest update of how people have been doing during Wimbledon to a standard 1 point stake. Remember I only include those bets where the prices are quoted. The reason I did this (for my own interest) is that I make most of my money laying horses or on Football Asian Handicaps, but I was interested to see whether tennis betting could be profitable, so I thought I'd track how the experts on this thread did during Wimbledon as a guide. Albeit 5 people are now in profit, the results continue to be a bit discouraging. Maybe they'll pick up during the second week. Good luck everyone :ok Heniek31.............1.44 Sir Fernando........1.00 Josedias..............1.00 Koloino................0.81 Abbo22...............0.66 Crazy North........-0.28 Lucky 1.............-0.99 KurtFurt............-1.00 Randall..............-1.00 Stipe86st..........-1.00 mgas98.............-1.00 bet_man...........-1.00 Winning Tipster..-1.19 Mirkomale..........-1.50 Keliot...............-2.00 Mr Intensity.......-6.58
This is rubbish, if you want to check it for yourself on this way fine by me but if so gives a tip for a player with an odd of 5 or the same tipster give a tip for a player with an odd of 1.6 . I think this tipster will put a lot more money in the tip of 1.6 then the tip of 5 (what's nothing more then normal, but you thread evrything the same value, that's ridiculous) I normally only play MrIntensities tips - on your last place - and he brought me 40 euro profit last week, sometimes a tip of Keliot and Koliono and Randall . And I want to say to them don't bother this because , I'm sure lots of betters like your tips and reasoning. So what's the sence of this statistic??? For me certainly non

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Wo, wo, wo... ...don't want things getting out of hand here. Will leave the 'table' for now, as I personally don't see anything wrong with it...but if it continues to cause a backlash then it will disappear. I think this tipster will put a lot more money in the tip of 1.6 then the tip of 5 (what's nothing more then normal, but you thread evrything the same value, that's ridiculous) Actually, Bossie...you absolutely should be betting an equal amount on each bet you place, regardless of the odds... ...but not the time or place for a maths lesson. ;)

Verdasco 2.5 @ Bodog he is playing unbelievably holding serve and breaking big serves without a problem. He destroyed the big serve of Cilic in a demolition last week and broke Karlovic's huge serve in a tight loss. Absolutely demolished an out of form Berdych and I expect he'll take Ancic in 3 or 4 sets. BIG STAKES.
I agree with you in this game ;) Verdasco is playing very well, has less minutes than Ancic, didn't have a break point against him in his last game, has 89% break points converted vs Berdych, who is a strong server, and Ancic, depite playing well against Ferrer, should be more tired, even after a rest day. Odds at 2.45 @ Gamebookers GL everybody :ok

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Mr Intensity I am with you all the way with Stanislas Wawrinka. I think he is huge overs at $1.95 against Marat. As you rightly pointed out, Novak was well off his game when he met Safin and Seppi doesn't have any real weapons to worry any of the game's elite. Wawrinka holds a good 2-0 record over Safin and I believe he currently represents excellent value. Wawrinka to win at $1.95

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July guys for a bonus rollover i am forced to place a 2 bets combo, i dont want to take any risk so for my second pick i want to take a bet as safe as possible, according to you which is it safer to take, nadal or federer ? i know its stupid to place such odds in a combo but i have no choice thanks

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Tipsarevic v Schuettler Set Betting - Tipsarevic 3-0 @ 2.39 Betfair Schuettler has had a lucky draw here and I think today will definitely be a step too far for him. Tipsy looks to be in outstanding form, making Roddick look normal and showing that was no fluke by overcoming a very dangerous Tursanov in straight sets. The only problem could be is if Tipsy has gone completely mental from reading to much psycho babble :loon

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July It seems Tipsarevic likes his philosophy and in tribute my picks for today are: Tipsarevic to win - reasoning ' The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth'. ~Niels Bohr Verdasco to win - reasoning 'The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground'. ~Buddha Murray to win - reasoning 'The future influences the present just as much as the past'. ~Friedrich Nietzsche In general people experience their present naively, as it were, without being able to form an estimate of its contents; they have first to put themselves at a distance from it - the present, that is to say, must have become the past - before it can yield points of vantage from which to judge the future. ~Sigmund Freud, The Future of an Illusion

guys for a bonus rollover i am forced to place a 2 bets combo, i dont want to take any risk so for my second pick i want to take a bet as safe as possible, according to you which is it safer to take, nadal or federer ? i know its stupid to place such odds in a combo but i have no choice thanks
Federer. Youzhny has given Nadal massive problems in the past, and although Nadal should win it could be a close one, whereas Federer should really take care of Hewitt.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July murray 1.60 i think that andy has a big oportunity today, gasquet is similar quality like murray, but i have a feeling that andy can good another step closer to the trophy.Now it is momentum...something like home pitch advantage for murray....do not have any special reasons for this pick...only leading by a feeling

RADWANSKA @ 1.88 VC. I know the H2H is 4-1 to Kuzzy but still don't fancy her here. Form so far has been very poor and I'm not sure what is wrong with her but something doesn't seem right. Radwanska just keeps on getting better and got to go with her on extremely good form.
I'm not an expert on tennis but just found an info that Kuznetsova had her birthday last Friday and according to a Russian journalist, she's a party girl. I've placed a wee bit of hard earned cash on Radwanska as well.

Wo, wo, wo... ...don't want things getting out of hand here. Will leave the 'table' for now, as I personally don't see anything wrong with it
Thank you TazaD. Like you, I don't understand the aggression from a couple of people. I've not made rude comments about anyone, so don't see why two people should see the need to. As I explained, I was keeping stats for my own purposes anyway, so thought people might be interested if I shared some of them. If they're not, they simply need to move on to the next post. Out of interest, I've kept many more stats for myself than I've published on here, with a wish to keep it simple. But one point that seems to be emerging (so far, as it's only a week's sample which isn't therefore big enough to be reliable) is that the bets at prices under 2.0 appear to be generally more profitable. Another point appears to be that where people have based the majority of their case on the selection being better on grass, this factor has largely proved unprofitable. Naturally, there have been the odd exceptions to both points.

To be fair it was asked if people thought Federer or Nadal were more safe so it's not like he's just tipping Federer like that;)
yes i am the one who asked thanks for your answer SloppyJ :ok thanks Mr Intensity for protecting SloppyJ's answer:ok and thanks Heniek31 for this great forum and website :ok this "thanks" round is on me:beer