** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July

Wo, wo, wo... ...don't want things getting out of hand here. Will leave the 'table' for now, as I personally don't see anything wrong with it...but if it continues to cause a backlash then it will disappear. I think this tipster will put a lot more money in the tip of 1.6 then the tip of 5 (what's nothing more then normal, but you thread evrything the same value, that's ridiculous) Actually, Bossie...you absolutely should be betting an equal amount on each bet you place, regardless of the odds... ...but not the time or place for a maths lesson. ;)
I do no agree with that but if you want to explain it to me, i'll be all ears. I'm betting now for more then 10 years with some good and some bad (even very bad ) periods. I also discussed a lot about betting but this is the first time that some says that i should bet always the same amount no matter what the odds are. I bet also in a few "systems" with recup of the losses (if their had been ) So i'd like to discus about it; may be in another topic? Where?

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July Federer 3-0 Ancic is as short as 1/7 with a few firms. Which is pretty ridiculous. Thought this was a massive lay when I saw this price. However some have now opened up as big as 1/3 and you have to lay 1/2 on betfair. The big firms are yet to price it up but will keep an eye on this market. I've always thought Ancic is capable of a big Wimbledon tournament and after all he is the last person to beate Federer here. He has been plagued with injury and illness for a year or so but if this game hasn't come to soon (especially after the tough game today) then this is no walkover for Federer. Not to the extent that some firms think anyway.

Federer 3-0 Ancic is as short as 1/7 with a few firms. Which is pretty ridiculous. Thought this was a massive lay when I saw this price. However some have now opened up as big as 1/3 and you have to lay 1/2 on betfair. The big firms are yet to price it up but will keep an eye on this market. I've always thought Ancic is capable of a big Wimbledon tournament and after all he is the last person to beate Federer here. He has been plagued with injury and illness for a year or so but if this game hasn't come to soon (especially after the tough game today) then this is no walkover for Federer. Not to the extent that some firms think anyway.
Massive difference in opinion. The big firms have now priced up and Coral join SJ and betdirect and price 3-0 up at 1/7. VC however are as big as 2/5. Looks like I will indeed have to lay 1.5 if I play. Will mull it over.

I do no agree with that but if you want to explain it to me, i'll be all ears. I'm betting now for more then 10 years with some good and some bad (even very bad ) periods. I also discussed a lot about betting but this is the first time that some says that i should bet always the same amount no matter what the odds are. I bet also in a few "systems" with recup of the losses (if their had been ) So i'd like to discus about it; may be in another topic? Where?
Bossie13, I suggest start a thread in Punter's Tools/Betting Help and place a link to it in your post that I am quoting from this thread. It's a good subject for discussion. I personally back 5.00 odds with the same stake as 1.60 odds and there's reason for that.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July todays bet, think Nicole Vaidisova can reach the semi's here, beaten by Jankovic at this stage in Paris, she can go one further against Jie Zheng today, who is now surely out of her depth, the tenacious girl from China will battle all day, but may come up short in this match up. Vaidisova WIN @ 1.85

Mr.I what do you think about zheng beating vaidisova i think czech girl had a lot of luck yesterday' date=' zheng is firing atm. your opinion?[/quote'] Well Vaidisova seems to have that illusive confidence back and to be honest I'm amazed she's managed to get this far. But she has, and I quite fancy her today. Zheng is new to this stage in a Grand Slam where Vaidisova has more experience, I just think after everything that's happened so far in the tournament she passes this step. Decent price too.

Re: Wimbledon 23rd June - 6th July if there's one thing you can rely on in tennis it's that Dementieva will shit a brick approaching the winning line :lol. gr8 comeback man....7-6 second set...i hpe she keep up with the wind