Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08

3-45 Warwick - Stevie Thunder - Win It wasn't the 8 pound hike in the weights that beat him last time out, it was a cock-up by apprentice McDonald. He was travelling well enough but wasn't asked to get serious until it was too late, and he was beaten a head. On the same mark of 74 today. As this is Mcdonalds only mount of the day, he should win. But if he's beaten, McDonald will get a right bollocking if he does what he did last time.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08

3-45 Warwick - Stevie Thunder - Win It wasn't the 8 pound hike in the weights that beat him last time out, it was a cock-up by apprentice McDonald. He was travelling well enough but wasn't asked to get serious until it was too late, and he was beaten a head. On the same mark of 74 today. As this is Mcdonalds only mount of the day, he should win. But if he's beaten, McDonald will get a right bollocking if he does what he did last time.
If he gets caught napping again he should get 28 days. And I don't mean a ban from riding, I mean in Belmarsh.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 Kalokairi 5.15 Warwick RP @3.75 - NAP Trained by John Dunlop who has a great record at the track for his 3 year olds - 9 wins from 25 runners - 36% strike rate It's Dunlop's only runner at the track today! and is a 3 year old!!! Brought along the usual route towards handicaps by Dunlop and last time it showed it's best form being stepped up in distance from previous exploits finishing 4th over 10 F on it's first start of this season, running on at the finish all too late in the day. Today it's stepped up to a trip that I believe will be it's ideal trip to 12 F judged on it's effort last time out.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 161798.gif3.15 Warwick Support Fund - WIN Think this one has got a great chance today at a tasty price. Has won off 65 in the past and runs today off 64. Is well drawn and runs from a low stall (number 5). Gets on well with the jockey and no problems with the ground, the slighht concern is she has only won at Brighton (twice) but hasn not disgraced herself at other tracks - record at 7f is 12. There seems to be plenty of early pace in the race so hoping this one can swoop towards the end as the topspeed figures would suggest.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 2.00 Kempton: Shampagne WIN Wandered all over the track on debut at Nottingham but still managed to finish 2nd that day. He will have learned from that experience and should be able to take this today against some less experienced opponents. Trainer/Jockey have a decent strike rate together and the selection has a decent chance to break his maiden.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 4.35 Windsor - Blue Spartan Noted this one last time, when heavily backed on debut from 33/1 to 12/1. Ran green on the day and did himself no favours doing so, but stayed on strongly when settled and come from long way back to finish 7th. Will come a lot for this run and a big improvement is expected. Richard Hughes takes the ride today, which is also a positive.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 W2.45 Nativity 0.5pt E/W Appeals the most on breeding and trainer can get them ready early. Related to some decent horses and looks a nice each way price where there is no real confidence behind the market leaders.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 345 Warwick : Stevie Thunder LAY As already stated above this one caught a cold last time due to an ill judged ride, however never liked these type of horses that look good things in handicaps and get beat at odds on, for whatever reason. 11 runners now after some withdrawals and one or two look interesting enough to take this one on again now its gone Evens. To be fair it may want the stronger pace it will get today but the horse that beat Stevie Thunder last time had shown nothing previous, following unlucky losers is a risky business and i'd rather be against it. Good luck CM anyway, i need a winner mate;)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 KEMPTON 5.00 COUNT CEPRANO E/W 10-1 I like the look of this horse in its current form.Last raced 16/4/08 placed 1st. This years placings have been 3,3,5,1,3,2,2,2,1. I have a good feeing that this horse will either place or win the race today at kempton. At 10-1 it's worth a punt at e/w. :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 I have been reading all the tips for the day with much interest! Not much footy today so i thought i would have a little go on the horses! I have taken all your information on board & have place a few small bets just for something to follow today. Thanks for all the info guys. I will let you know how i got on later! Good luck everyone! :)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 4.30 Kempton. Synonomy. Lay. (Racing Post Sp 4/1) Never won off a mark this high, and never won two races on the bounce. Better at other tracks (specifically Wolverhampton) and so against 'seemingly' better weighted rivals he'd be a lay much more than a play. If he wins, then fair play to him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 2.35 Windsor: Adantino Only 1lb higher than pleasing 2nd on reappearance here a fortnight ago. Conditions right today and every chance to go one better if cards fall right. Hope this is in time! WIN :hope

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 my best bet of the day would be dawn sky 335 wind. 0.5 pts ew. been gelded which can improve a horse quite a bit, and has been given a chance at the weights for this seasonal reappearance. if fit enough then capable of going very close.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Monday 5/5/08 5.05 Windsor Shela House was a horse I thought would figure in a few middle distance handicaps this year. Only had a small bet on here LTO as she drifted badly in the betting. Short in the morning, 11/2 to 8/1 on course), he ran as if in need of the run but wasn't disgraced in 5th. Will appreciate this slower ground more than the sand at Great Leighs and I think he will be better over this extended 11f. Sure to go close in this and a few future handicaps. I'll be going in at 3.75. Shela House - win