** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gingers (Flat) Winners 08

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 Sorry no analysis for yesterday, late decision to go to Salisbury. Won't have much time today either, going to Newbury. 2:20 Newbury £40 @ 6.2/1 Skadrack (20% 4/1) £25 @ 1.68/1 Tajdeef (42% 11/8) Form of the Chapple-Hym yard make these two must bets. 2:50 Newbury £30 @ 11/1 (Paddy Power) Ada River (13% 13/2) £18 @ 1.94/1 Kotsi (38% 13/8) Kotsi has by far the best form and could well improve more. But trainer is not in great form and being first time out is a worry. Not so much of a worry as the one with the second best form Rosa Grace who may not stay anyway. Clowrance is too short in the market. Ada River is a half sister to Don't Dili Dali, progresive already and should improve at the trip.

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 Suffered from seconditus today. The amount of rain is going to have a big effect on who will be value. The central south (west berks) looks as though it might miss most of the rain. No bets tonight and may not have time in the morning. Ginge

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 1:35 Newbury £66 @ 3.7/1 Art Trend (25% 3/1) 2:10 Newbury £72 @ 100/30 Tranquil Tiger (26.5% 11/4) 2:45 Newbury £44 @ 6/1 Creachadoir (18% 9/2) £16 @ 16.5/1 Majestic Roi (8% 12/1) £9 @ 45/1 Arabian Gleam (4.25% 22/1) 5:00 Newbury 44 @ 11/2 (Paddy Power) Crazy About You (18% 9/2) 5:35 Newbury £133 @ 1.9/1 Aqlaam (40% 6/4) Sorry no time today for analysis.

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08

1:35 Newbury £66 @ 3.7/1 Art Trend (25% 3/1) 2:10 Newbury £72 @ 100/30 Tranquil Tiger (26.5% 11/4) 1st 2:45 Newbury £44 @ 6/1 Creachadoir (18% 9/2) 1st £16 @ 16.5/1 Majestic Roi (8% 12/1) £9 @ 45/1 Arabian Gleam (4.25% 22/1) 5:00 Newbury 44 @ 11/2 (Paddy Power) Crazy About You (18% 9/2) 5:35 Newbury £133 @ 1.9/1 Aqlaam (40% 6/4) 1st Sorry no time today for analysis.
After a day of seconditus it is nice to get the winners flowing again. Thought I was losing tha knack. Next bets probably for Goodwood

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 2:50 Goodwood £57 @ 8.2/1 Top Lock (22% 7/2) 3:25 Goodwood £50 @ 5/1 Hatton Flight (20% 4/1) 4:00 Goodwood £33 @ 7.2/1 Michita (14% 6/1) £35 @ 4/1 Rossleen (23% 100/30) 5:45 Goodwood £40 @ 7.4/1 Young Bertie (16.75% 5/1) £25 @ 7/1 Nortern Spy (15% 11/2)

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 2:50 Top Lock did not finish far behind Whistledownthewind last time. Both can improve. Yet Whistle.. is bred to be a miler and Top.. is by Nayef. Should be suited by the increased test of stamina here particularly if it is a stronger pace than the Classic trial. Whistle deserves to be favourite but not that short. Savarain could be a danger but needs to improve and is too short. City Leader was disappointing on reappearance. 4:00 Celtic Slipper is fav but reappears here and needed her first start as a 2yo. Michita needed her reappearance and that was over 7f. Bred for this trip (American pedigree). Rossleen runs as though will stay, staying on well at a mile on soft last time. If equally effective on this different surface can go close. Rosa Grace has good form but trainer has a poor record with his three year olds first time up. Don't Forget Faith appeared not to stay 10f last time and seems exposed.

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 3:25 Goodwood additions Oops! Hattan Fligt has gone for a walk, let's help bring him home. £10 @ 10/1 Hattan Flight £13 @ 5.6/1 Royal Jasra (18% 9/2) £10 @ 7.6/1 Potentaile (13% 13/2) 2:50 Goodwood additions £3 @ 20/1 Siberian Tiger (7% 14/1) 5:45 Goodwood addition £17 @ 4/1 Formax (22.5% 7/2)

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 Another good day with two good priced winners.:nana Now for another. 2:50 Goodwood £40 @ 6.4/1 Spice Route (16.5% 5/1) £16 @ 9/1 Sweet Lily (12.5% 7/1) Sixties Icon is worth apposing at odds on over this trip, particularly as there seems a risk of a slow pace. Blue Ksar may be able to dictate but he has not looked entirely genuine and may be at his very best on softer. Spice Route ran a good race last time despite being held up in a slow run race. Hopefully he will be more handy today. Sweet Lily is not straightforeward either, flashes tail and has a poor win / run ratio. Should not be good enough. However, if it turns in to a sprint she might have the best turn of foot. Ginge

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 2:15 Goodwood £50 @ 5.6/1 Rio Royale (20% 4/1) £25 @ 6.2/1 Burning Flute (17% 5/1) Taking a chance on the poor liquidity, but these two look overpriced in this maiden. Rio Royale ran well here last time and trainers two year olds usually come on a good deal for the run. Something that can also be said about Brian Meehan's two year olds. Burning Flute showed an encouraging amount of form fist time at Bath. Indian Art is the obvious danger with Channon's In Transit to a lesser degree. May come back in the morning if I have the time. Going again to Goodwood. Ginge

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 Back sooner than I thought. 5:10 Goodwood £57 @ 5/1 Councellor (22% 7/2) £14 @ 22/1 Blue Charm (7% 14/1) £12 @ 6.6/1 Rydal Mount (15% 11/2) Councellor has been in good form on the AW recently. Runs off a much lower mark on turf. Even on last seasons turf form can go close and may be able to improve on that. Would've liked it to be a mile but is capable of making his own running. The other most likely to be up there is Rydal Mount. Quinnie takes over from a 7lb claimer. Not the most reliable but ran well last time and stable in good form. Blue Charm is not in great form (most of which is on the AW) but trainer is in much better form now. Has not had much racing so could yet improve. At around 22/1 (have taken bigger) worth taking the chance.

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 Nice few days Ginge. I've hardly played this week. What do you make of the last at Goodwood yesterday? Very odd, so many runners failed to run any sort of a race. Murrin, Formax, Northern Spy, Emperor Court all filling last five spots. Even the Balding thing that come there pulling a cart two out failed to make the frame. Silly b*ll*cks Drowne went off far too quick. The first four home all tracked the leader. I can't remember the last time I didn't have even a sniff of a shout inside the last.

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 Have worked out the 3:25 Goodwood but a lot will depend on paddock inspection. The three I am interested in are The Jobber, Safari Mischief and Woodcote. The Jobber comes from a small yard which has a poor record first time out, but is in good form at present. Want to see if he is fit. Woodcote often spoils his chance by playing up / slowly away so want to see what mood he is in. Safari Mischief would be the one if the other two are negatives (at current prices). Ginge

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 4:00 looks an interesting race with plenty of possible improvers. Trianon was running on really well in a slowly run 10f race at Salisbury (front runner nicked it). Should be suited by the extra furlong. However, there does not look much pace on here with Top Ticket (possibly most exposed) the only prominent runner I can see. Summer Winds was in front of Trianon last time but is not as likely to be suited by the extra furlong (if pace is good). Forget It has his first run in a handicap and could improve, though has been held up and again may not be suited by a slow pace. Shaama Rose could yet improve too though has to. Difficult to see Funseeker winning for his new yard after running so poorly last time (feb). Celtic Dragon was disappointing on reappearance (well backed) but that was on soft ground and sire Fantastic Light wanted a sound surface. Looked capable of better at the end of his two year old campaign. Worth taking a chance with at the price. 4:35 Good maiden this, will be worth keeping an eye on. Madame Hoi sets the standard with placed form in listed races, albeit slightly suspect. Eased last time after being hampered. Quirina may well improve at the trip but that seems to have been already factored in to the price. Too short. Main bet is My Aunt Fanny, for the in form Andrew Balding team. Has only raced on polytrack / soft so far but is by Nayef. Fourth in a conditions event at Ascot on reappearance. Can improve again stepped up in trip. Casilda and Finmore Queen are others who are interesting.

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08

4:00 Goodwood £22 @ 9/1 (Fred Done) Celtic Dragon (12% 15/2)
Great Shout. Won at 10's in the end :clap I took 12/1 the night before. Was forced to put the bet up before other bookies were on, scrabbling around getting ready to go to Goodwood. Even wrote it down wrong. As it was my only bet in the race should've been £22 each way. £26 is my normal win bet for one I believe a 12% chance.

Re: Gingers (Flat) Winners 08 2:50 Have always liked Stimulation, don't we all? Since I saw him on debut at Newbury. A breeding / paddock judge I know told me Stimulation was the best looking two year old he'd seen last year. Backed him for the Guineas but disappointed there. At 4/1, I'll give him another chance, his class should see him through. Hoping it will be a better pace than the Free Handicap. Think he is better than even that race suggests, held up in a slowly run race against speedier types. With Bobs Surprise, Calming Influence and Luck Money they should go fast enough. Of those three... Bobs Surprise was probably flattered by getting a very soft lead in the Greenham (2nd) more a sprinter. Better behaved that day and anyone who wants to back him should wait to see his demeanor paddockside. Calming Influence won his only start impressively and "could be anything", however, I was surprised he was not mentioned in Godolphin's 2000 Guineas plans (a negative), and their three year olds are wanting a run. Luck money I liked last term, has scope for improvement. In the spring was the shortest priced of Paul Cole's Guineas trio (River Proud and Moynahan the others). With other possible pace setters is just too short in the market today. Tasdeer is progressive and won quite easily last time. Has a good turn of foot. Second to subsequant Greenham winner Paco Boy penultimate start. Extremely well bred, by Rahy out of Irish 1000 Guineas winner Mehthaaf (one of the best families in the stud book). Unproven on a firm surface, ran poorly final start on it but worth taking the chance at the price.