Ante Post Winner

AJ

Re: Ante Post Winner For some reason I can't get the odds to look good when I paste them in, if someone could oblige ? My inital thoughts here are around Spain at 7.5, they are due a win somewhere having underachived for ages, If Ferrnado Torres can keep in current form he could score a lot of goals. They have a fairly easy group, and are almost certain of a place in the qtrs. Other team I like is Portugal @ 9.0, again loaded with talent and due a win somewhere France & Italy wil be there or there about, but they have a difficult group with the Dutch, and one of them could easily fail to progress. Germany are favourites, for no reason I can see, other than they are Germany. Team hasn't looked good for ages. I'll certainly be laying them.

Re: Ante Post Winner I really like the look of portugal, they have a lot of talent and are due a win in the euros. I guess germany's odds are just based on their world cup performance, which was pretty good, albeit they were the home team.

Re: Ante Post Winner For gambling its worth noting that won't be any cross-pollination this time round, which will avoid the final being a repeat of any group game. Thus groups A and B will provide one finalist, and groups C and D the other. Bearing this in mind we can half the draw, and I would suggest that with poor teams like Switzerland, Turkey, Austria and Poland in the former half of the draw, the other four there could be value. Its difficult to pick a weak teams in group C, and perhaps only Russia and Sweden won't be euro-beaters in Group D. So for an ante-post winner I would stay in the top half, and have an each-way punt on Germany.

Re: Ante Post Winner think the odds on either portugal or spain or good enough to stand as individual bet, top scorer is a funny old market. as for the outright would avoid italy, france as that is a very trappy group, germany would be the early call for me, proven winners,easy group stage and very winnable quarter should see them in the semi at the least.

Re: Ante Post Winner germany will be the winner. They shown that they´re top in europe in 2006 and austria/switzerland aren´t far away from germany.It´s nigh to a home tournament for germany. italy could play a big role at this EC but they had much luck in the WC match versus germany. Can´t imagine that they will have it another time. Germany to be the Euro champ Luca Toni top scorer

Re: Ante Post Winner

as for the outright would avoid italy' date=' france as that is a very trappy group, quote'] Aye but they both qualified from the finals from a "very trappy group" Any one know whos Idea it was to rig the draw so that 2 teams from the same group cant reach the final? Thats got to be a real dumb Idea or does some one see the rationale behind it.

Re: Ante Post Winner Im thinking about going for Germany and Spain to be the Finalists at 10/1 then Spain to be the eventual winners at 13/2 also i will have a dabble in the top goalscorer market going for Torres at 10/1 :nana

Im thinking about going for Germany and Spain to be the Finalists at 10/1 then Spain to be the eventual winners at 13/2 also i will have a dabble in the top goalscorer market going for Torres at 10/1 :nana
Do you think any of these are value, they seem very specific at not vast prices :unsure

Im thinking about going for Germany and Spain to be the Finalists at 10/1 then Spain to be the eventual winners at 13/2 also i will have a dabble in the top goalscorer market going for Torres at 10/1 :nana
I think you would be better doing each team separate to win or each way rather than these to both get to the final. I don't see value in that being the final, as i would want more than that price for both teams to get there. Torres may be a bit of value for top scorer though.

Re: Ante Post Winner i think spain and portugal have some great individual players and id love to see spain win as i support liverpool,but ii think u need to look at it as who has the best team ethic and spirit and u can never rule out the germans on that point.I also think croatia might be worth a small wager.. if u look at the last euro's no one would of picked greece.they didnt have a torres or ronaldo etc but had a great team spirit.

Re: Ante Post Winner Germany to qualify for the final 3.1 (Betfair) Germany have proven pedigree throughout there history (3 world cups, 3 Euro victories) Furthermore this current team has proven there pedigree with a 3rd place finish in the 2006 World cup. Finally as there will be one finalist from groups A&B and one from C&D, I believe Germany are far better and more exprienced than Croatia, Czech Republic and Portugal (other obvious contenders from groups A & B).

Re: Ante Post Winner Done £200 on Germany at 4/1 with the plan to lay off if they get to the final say against Italy who will probably be about 11/8. Germany should , all going well , have a fairly easy run to the semis and traditionally get stronger as the tournaments go on. Think Joachin Low and not Klingsman was the real reason they got to the semis of the world cup , and now he is is own man can carry on the good work. Remember they lost , a bit unlucky , against the eventual winners of the world cup. Enough said

Re: Ante Post Winner Portugal have to be strong contenders with Ronaldo in the form he is. I know it's about more than one player but Portugal have a good side anyway and as long as Ronaldo doesn't suffer burnout he could be the important difference maker. Not the most scientific approach but here's another stat to support it. Portugals Euros record: 1996 - Q-Finals 2000 - S-Finals 2004 - Runners-Up 2008 - ???;)

Re: Ante Post Winner I am not sold on Germany. Remember this is a team many thought wouldn't go far at the WC but put on a wonderful display. They are basically the same team but their defenders have dropped in form, their midfield is the same but older, and the addition of Gomez should help but I don't know how well he blends in with this squad. I felt last WC the Germans really had something to prove to the World and to play well @home. I don't see the same spark this time around and I can't see them past the semis. I could see an all Ibernian final with Spain finally winning.

Re: Ante Post Winner Spain and Croatia are the better teams for me Torres and Ronaldo the better players Portugal may reach the semi final and Romania may pass 2 rounds Italy or France will not pass to the 2 round Germany do not have great team but anything can happened .....

Re: Ante Post Winner I'm on Germany at 4/1 and have backed Germany and France to reach the final at 14/1 Boylesports. My reasoning is below.......... Quarter Finals 1. Winner Group A (Portugal?) vs Runner Up Group B (Croatia?) 2. Winner Group B (Germany?) vs Runner Up Group A (Czech Republic?) 3. Winner Group C (France?) vs Runner Up Group D (Greece?) 4. Winner Group D (Spain?) vs Runner Up Group C (Italy?) QF1. Portugal have matchwinners like Ronaldo, Deco and Nani in their side which should make them a potent attacking force and they have a strong record in this competition in recent tournaments. Croatia's team contains fewer household names than Portugal's, but they showed they don't care about reputations when dumping England out of the competition during qualifying. Croatia were eliminated in the quarter finals in 1996 though and if they come up against Portugal here that could well be the case again this year too. QF2. Germany are the masters of tournament football and even when they were written off before the 2006 World Cup started they reached the semi-final only to be beaten 2-0 by eventual winners Italy (they did beat Portugal 3-1 in the play-off to take 3rd spot). Their qualification campaign may have ended on a low note (no pun intended) but that will soon be forgotten if they can win their group here. Their team is full of goals but they will be tested to the limit if they come up against the Czechs, who beat them once during qualification and got the better of them in the Euro 2004 finals also. However, the Germans did win the other qualification fixture in Prague to show they could come out on top again here. It's hard to split these two but perhaps the absence of captain Tomas Rosicky may hinder the Czechs up against a strong German midfield? I marginally prefer Germany who have to be respected given their previous tournament record. QF3. France's team has an experienced look about it and the likes of Lillian Thuram, Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry have all had success at the very top level when they won the World Cup in 1998. Even today, those players are still playing for the best teams in Europe and I would fancy them to beat Greece. There is no doubting the Greeks ability after a good qualifying campaign, but for all their hard work and organisation, they may be outclassed by France who would be seeking revenge for a 1-0 defeat in the quarter finals of Euro 2004. QF.4 If Spain were to come up against Italy here I would marginally prefer Italy. I have a niggly suspicion that Spain may struggle for goals here and feel that the Italians have a slightly better squad on paper. Cannavaro, Pirlo and Toni etc proved in 2006 that they have the ability to go all the way in a major tournament. In contrast Spain always seem to fall short and fail to live up to expectations even though they always bring a very talented squad to the finals. Semi Finals 1. Winner 1. (Portugal?) vs Winner 2. 9 (Germany?) 2. Winner 3. (France?) vs Winner 4. (Italy?) SF1. Germany beat Portugal 3-1 in the 3rd/4th placed play-off at the most recent World Cup although they did play that game on home soil. The teams that lined up that day contained Jansen, Metzelder, Lahm, Frings, Schweinsteiger, Hitzlsperger, Klose and Podolski for Germany and Ricardo, Paulo Ferreira, Petit, Deco, Ronaldo, Nuno Gomes and Simao for Portugal - not too dissimilar from the possible line-ups for this possible clash. These two nations were not as tight defensively as France and Italy during qualification, so this could be a more open affair than the other possible semi-final. Historically, Portugal have met the Germans 7 times, have won once (Euro 2000), drawn 3 and lost 3 (latest 2006). I'm struggling to split these two but if the game goes to penalties then I'd say Germany may come though and they have the psychological advantage of their 2006 win. SF2. If this semi final takes place then these two nations will probably be sick of the sight of one another by now after facing each other during qualification and during the group stage. The group stage encounter may shed some light as to who would hold the best chances here but in recent years the advantage certainly seems to be with France on recent results in this competition (2-1 to France in the final of Euro 2000) and then a 0-0 draw and 3-1 victory to the French in the current qualifying campaign. Final So potentially we could have a Germany v France final. The most recent encounters between these two sides have been in friendlies, with the last clash in a major tournament coming in the 1986 World Cup when West Germany beat France 2-0 in the semi-finals before losing against Argentina in the final. The most recent friendly fixture was played in Germany three years ago when the two sides battled out a 0-0 draw. Many of the players that played that day could be present at the final again here - Coupet, Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Makelele, Malouda, Henry, Sagnol and Anelka for France and Jansen, Mertesacker, Ballack, Schweinsteiger, Frings, Klose and Podolski for Germany. Thus, another close game would be on the cards, although it would be fair to say that some of those French players may have passed their peak now. If the game went into extra time, the slighly younger German legs may fare better. Also, the Germans have won 3 of the 5 finals they have reached, and lost a fourth on penalties to Czechoslovakia in 1976 - a decent record. For these reasons I think Germany could be the team to back for the Championship at 4/1. Bets (odds from 27/5/08) Outright winner: Germany to win @ 4/1 Widely available Name the finalists: France and Germany @ 14/1 Boylesports Top goalscorer: Miroslav Klose @ 11/1 Stan James Group winner accumulator: Portugal (11/8), Germany (8/13), France (15/8), Spain (5/6) = 19.22/1 (Bet 365)

Re: Ante Post Winner Backed France at 10 on Betfair and think there is some value in this price. The French are in the toughest section with Italy, Holland and Romania. However, they got the better of Italy in the qualifying winning in Paris and drawing away from home. Also think it suits them to have Romania in the opening match. The Romanians topped a qualifying group with the Dutch and should not be under-estimated but I think its still France's easiest game in the section and if they win they can be a bit more relaxed in the next two games where they won't need to go for it. The question mark I had over France was the hunger of guys like Viera and Henry but the Barcelona front-man looks like he'll be moving this summer and what better way to impress possible suitors by showing he's back to his best on the biggest of stages. Ribery has had a good season with Bayern and Benzema could light up this competition if given a chance. He has had an excellent season including some stunning goals in the Champions League against Man Utd and Rangers in particular. I expect them to get out of this group and the price to drop so they could be laid off at lower odds for sure. Also think its value in comparison with other prices, Germany at 4/1 is very short, Joachim Low has been faithful to a lot of the old guard like Jens Lehmann who hasn't featured regularly and while they should cruise through their group there is question marks over whether they are good enough to go the full way. Spain man for man are as good a side in the Euro's but always seem to bottle it so wouldn't be backing them at 6/1 either and think the French are reliable and good enough to be there or thereabouts again.

The Euros usually throw up a shock, witness Greece and Denmark winning after being rank outsiders before it began. I have put 2pts on Turkey at 75.0 and 2pts on Czech Republic at 26.0 on Betfair
Thats a decent point about a shock often being thrown out there - don't forget the Czech's losing so unluckily in 1996 with that awful Golden Goal. That makes 3 of the last 4 finals that have featured a team you really wouldn't have expected to get there, with 2 winning.