** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Ante Post Winner

AJ

Re: Ante Post Winner Pick Croatia @15.5 Pinnacle The European Championships are devilishly hard to predict and can favour outsiders. Not many would have seen the victories gained by Greece and Denmark in recent years. The bookies have Germany as the favourites to lift the crown and there are many factors in favour of them. However prices around the 5.0 mark just don't seem value. Group B does however seem the easiest group to assess, in my view it has two clearly weaker sides in Austria and Poland whereas the other groups have at least three sides competing for the two available qualification spots. So the Croats look a solid bet at least for trading purposes later in the tournament. They are strong across the board (despite the absence of Eduardo) and have some real stars with the likes of Modric and Rakitic in midfield. They are a good tournament team and have a canny manager in Slaven Bilic. Their qualification record was excellent finishing five points clear of Russia and England in one of the more difficult groups. Finally they are definitely in the easier part of the draw avoiding the likes of Spain, Holland, France + Italy unti the final. I'm happy to take the Croats to match up well to the Germans and Portuguese who are the major threats in their half and with their price being several points above those two opponents they are my choice for the value pick in the tournament outrights.

Re: Ante Post Winner

No offense but this is the best comment on this thread....:lol:lol:lol:lol
Compared to england... they are not as good a team imo but i wouldn't say they ain't a great team :lol. Expect them to reach the final at the very least!

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Ante Post Winner

Done £200 on Germany at 4/1 with the plan to lay off if they get to the final say against Italy who will probably be about 11/8. Germany should , all going well , have a fairly easy run to the semis and traditionally get stronger as the tournaments go on. Think Joachin Low and not Klingsman was the real reason they got to the semis of the world cup , and now he is is own man can carry on the good work. Remember they lost , a bit unlucky , against the eventual winners of the world cup. Enough said
Only 1 more win for the plan to come together:hope:hope