Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08

Oedipe 4.55 Aintree (EACH WAY) Only 6 year old but State Of Play won this race as a 6 year old in 2006. Trends suggest 8 yr olds have a good record in this race but stats in races such as this can seem biased: Tomorrows race: 6 yr olds - 1 runner 7 yr olds - 4 runners 8 yr olds - 6 runners 9yr olds - 5 runners 10yr olds - 2 runners In this race the 8 yr old stat has 6 chances of being successful compared to the one and only 6 yr old Oedipe. Weight carried to victory has varied from 10-0 to 11-10 over the last 10 years. It has only had 6 career runs and only two in this country and those runs have seen it finish 1-2-2-2-1 and 13th last time out but that was after being off the track since December 2006. Its debut in this country saw it win a class 3 race by 14l but still had more in hand and really looked worth following but got injured. Would have needed a run last time out and has any level of improvement poissible. Obvious doubts about the trip but the class 3 race was over 2m5f and may get the extra distance without trouble. Only has to carry 10-4 around here, Mick Fitzgerald on board and could be a stunning each way bet at around 16-1.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 Aint 2.00 Albertas Run 1 pt win Impressive at chelt. ok it appeared a poor RSAC but this one still routed them and was value for more than the winning margin, that followed a win at Asc having been progressive the year before over hurdles including here. He jumps better now, he was awful when being thumped by Tidal Bay and the trainer is hinting at better form now. He has to give weight to some of these but I cant see those behind overturning RSAC myself, Big Bucks maybe better at this trip but still I think has it to find with this one, cebrus Libani would be my e.w pick of the others especially on its Modicum/Benetwood win although it has stamina doubts.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 3-45 Aintree - Lankawi Took a big drop in the weights and is now on 123. Has won on 128 and 130 and doesn't seem to mind the going. A long way behind last time at Bangor, 6/1 and 4th best in a 7 horse affair, but I'm not sure whether he was after winning or out for an exercise for this race, so I hope the cheekpieces have the desired effect. 0.5 point each way (about 33/1) Good luck to all :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 2.35 - The Tother One - E/W 5839.gif I think he was ridden ok at Chelters, but just didn't stay. At Aintree it will be easier though and the speed he has can see his opponents off. Nenuphar Collonges beat him at the festival, but this track won't suite the Alan King runner and Ruby back on The Tother One makes this an appealing e/w bet to nothing at 5/1. Tazbar looks a good thing, but the price is short.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 S5.50 The Geester 1pt Win Back over it's favourite course and distance and with the trainer in great form, this looks a decent bet. There has been money for it this morning and a good run by Limonia in the 3.30 would strengthen confidence on a previous form line.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 15.45 - Too forward Was really stuck today for my best bet as i faniced kyber kim at such a big price at 12/1. Then i was given this tip by someone who has given me tips before and has been really good. He told me about this horse and i have looked at the form and have sided with it as it hasnt had a run at cheltenham. great 0.5 e/w 33/1

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 Lay is Fire Up The Band Wolverhampton 6.50 Last race he won a 4 horse race and was a group3 winner 2005 over 5f Goodwood. 2nd run on this surface tonight with a field of 7, last race was not a race full danger but tonight a few can go better to win plus the low odds for the horse are in my book not a good sign.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 4.55 Aintree New Little Bric EW Reports are from Nicholls, that this horse has been flying in recent weeks & is set to put the 3 disappointing runs behind it by runninng well in this event. It meets the trends for the race as the majority of recent winners have carried more than 11st.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 3.45 Bothar Na @17.00 Totepsort (Best price odds race) EW When I looked at this race last night this horse stuck out like a sore thumb! Hasn't been out since a disappointing run in the Kerry National back in September last year a race which he won the previous year. However his chance all but gone after the first fence where he made a terrible mistake. Truth be told he hadn't been on form at the time and Mullins has put him away from the race course in an attempt to rejuvenate him. He comes here after a nice break and to all intents and purposes Mullins has been saving him for this meeting. Ruby who usually partners him is riding for Nicholls so a good chance for top irish jockey P Carberry. Price is very good and I expect a decent run from this horse with at the very least getting into a place! :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 355 Ling: Salute : Lay (5/2 RP) Only 4 runners so a bit risky as it looks as though outsider Noddys Way cant win, I do think both Mister Completely and the fav Rollin n Tumblin have a bit more to offer especially on the Polytrack. Salute has ran here 5 times and hasnt looked like winning so thats a big negative for me also when this horse has won in the past there have been at least 12 runners, suggeting a strong pace would suit, this could be tactical and i'm not sure Salute has things in his favour today.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 my best bet of the day would be blue bajan 420 aintree. 0.5 pts ew. i just feel it will go his way this afternoon with the way the race should be run. cheltenham form worthy but 50-50 to hold up at this meeting and i cannot split the front 4 in betting. value bet as capable of going close. nice price.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 BOYCHUK 4.55 Aintree. 0.5 points each way. Not the best of jumpers, but 'if' he can just get it together a bit more, then this race is there for the taking at the weights. Has the ability, so fingers crossed the jumping is a bit better and then we should see a big run at nice odd

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 9.20 Wolverhampton. Distinctly Game. Lay. (Racing Post SP 4/1). Likes to front run, or race very prominently, so with a wide draw he's going to have to be very much on his toes early. The trip's OK, but certainly not his ideal trip as a bit further would be, so mix that with the fact that a few rivals are 'hold up' performers, then you just get the impression that the lay will set the race up for them, or ruin his own chances if trying to come from behind with them! That's the way I see it anyhow, so if he goes and wins I'd be the first to say well done, but a lay much more than a play at the 4/1 SP.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 :nanaran a great race to be 3rd 12/1 - That winner is only 5 years old !!! That's gotta be a future Grand National winner. it loved jumping them fences and the older it gets the further it's gonna get!

3.45 Bothar Na @17.00 Totepsort (Best price odds race) EW When I looked at this race last night this horse stuck out like a sore thumb! Hasn't been out since a disappointing run in the Kerry National back in September last year a race which he won the previous year. However his chance all but gone after the first fence where he made a terrible mistake. Truth be told he hadn't been on form at the time and Mullins has put him away from the race course in an attempt to rejuvenate him. He comes here after a nice break and to all intents and purposes Mullins has been saving him for this meeting. Ruby who usually partners him is riding for Nicholls so a good chance for top irish jockey P Carberry. Price is very good and I expect a decent run from this horse with at the very least getting into a place! :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 5.05 Capitalise - win Capitalise is unbeaten at this 13f trip and looks well handicapped at the moment. The trip was a little short for him LTO and he has won off 53 and 54 recently, so at this trip of just 58 he must figure. His consistent form on fast A/W tracks read 23333243112, although most of them were at trips that would strech his stamina on the flat. Baker won when last on him and he opts to ride him instead of Cavallini presumably. Stable's runners are running well too. Bobs Your Uncle looks the danger but has no form when fresh. Best Selection could be coming into form but has yet to win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 Wolverhampton 8:20 Bahamian Blue Lightly raced, only on his 6th start. Not had a better finish than 6th of 8, beaten 2 3/4L but booking of Jamie Spencer may get him to improved by a wide margin. His last two (9th and 8th) are his only tries on the all weather, both at Kempton, but recent form of trainer H J L Dunlop looks good to catch a big price. Dunlop had a 12-1 winner to start the month and that runner had a worse form entering his race than Bahamian Blue. Dunlop also had a 4th of 7 at the price of 33-1, another with poor form going into her race. Bahamian Blue is the third runner of the month for Dunlop and current trend suggests form going in is worth to forgive. Dunlop since 28Mar has a form of 2-3-1-4 with all-weather, truf and national hunt runners. 5pts ew @ 9-1 Better Bet

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08

Oedipe 4.55 Aintree (EACH WAY) Only 6 year old but State Of Play won this race as a 6 year old in 2006. Trends suggest 8 yr olds have a good record in this race but stats in races such as this can seem biased: Tomorrows race: 6 yr olds - 1 runner 7 yr olds - 4 runners 8 yr olds - 6 runners 9yr olds - 5 runners 10yr olds - 2 runners In this race the 8 yr old stat has 6 chances of being successful compared to the one and only 6 yr old Oedipe. Weight carried to victory has varied from 10-0 to 11-10 over the last 10 years. It has only had 6 career runs and only two in this country and those runs have seen it finish 1-2-2-2-1 and 13th last time out but that was after being off the track since December 2006. Its debut in this country saw it win a class 3 race by 14l but still had more in hand and really looked worth following but got injured. Would have needed a run last time out and has any level of improvement poissible. Obvious doubts about the trip but the class 3 race was over 2m5f and may get the extra distance without trouble. Only has to carry 10-4 around here, Mick Fitzgerald on board and could be a stunning each way bet at around 16-1.
20/1 winner :clap

TYVM M8, not been on this site long and this was the first one of ur tips i have back but took the 16/1 but who really cares , a nice 100 pound profit, keep up the good work :beer

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 I also took 16-1 at lunch with William Hills so happy it won but gutted I lost 4 pts value. I also backed it on Betfair last night at 25.0 for a few quid so happy with that. I'd have been happy with around 9-1/10-1 so the 16-1 was unmissable for me. Ginge will be proud, I felt it was real good value and so it proved. :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Friday 05/04/08 Fantastic winner, Mowgli :clap I will show you a screenshot how much I won from him in a private message, beacuse someone may have a heart attack if I put it here. I am talking about a 4 figure sum :eek Please don't ask how I put such a stake on a 20/1 shot :lol

Fantastic winner' date=' Mowgli :clap I will show you a screenshot how much I won from him in a private message, beacuse someone may have a heart attack if I put it here. I am talking about a 4 figure sum :eek Please don't ask how I put such a stake on a 20/1 shot :lol[/quote'] It's fair to say if you ever come over to England you can take me out on the piss with your winnings. :ok

It's fair to say if you ever come over to England you can take me out on the piss with your winnings. :ok
I didn't follow the tip, it just made me look at the horse a bit more :lol But hey, I will come one day and I will be taking you out on the piss, absolutely. But you will have to take me to racing first :ok