** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8)

great call and great write up, kimera :clap:ok you're on the scroller for this week btw ;)
Well thanks, but i actually believe G:G deserve the scroller more than I looking at yesterdays effort in allsvenskan hitting 4 out of 4? Anyways, it is always fun to contribute...:ok

I was in Sofia the whole day , just arrived in Plovdiv , before 30 mins ... One thing for sure , is that "Vassil Levski" won`t be full ... The tickets , that are sold till 16.00 pm , are about 10 000 , and it is expected , that there would be no more than 15 000 supporters , stadium capacity is 42 000 ... ;) The weather is bad ... It rains all day , stops for an hour , and then it starts raining again ... I`m sure Levski will win this , not sure with what score ... Levski`s eleven : G. Petkov ; Milanov , Benzoukane , Borko Stoychev , Lucio Wagner ; Richard , Miro Ivanov , Telkyiski , Cedric Bardon , Hristo Yovov , Valeri Domovchiyski ... Daniel Borimirov would be on the bench , and if it is necessary , he will get in the match as a substitute ... Levski would attack , Tampere should defend . I`m quite sure , that Levski will score goals here , they don`t play at their best level , but they all knew how important is this game for them , for the team , for the club , for the fans ... A home win with big margin is what I expect here , also find odds for over 2.5 goals , for very good , despite bad weather and poor Levski form at the moment . There will be many managers watching the game , Loko Moscow president is here to watch Richard and Domovshiyski , Portsmouth send scout to watch Valeri , too , both are young and talented players , who want to play abroad , so another good chance to show what they can ... ;) GL to all today ,
ups ... A total disaster ... Sorry ... Really poor match , but in fact Levski did not deserved to win . He was better team anyway , had 3-4 100% chances , but that`s all . TamU scored from one of their few counter-attacks , a strange goal , because Niemi stopped the ball with his hand , and then scored , but this is no excuse from Levski`s players . There is something wrong with the team , one of club`s bosses and important persons , Nasko Sirakov , who was on safari in Africa , during the first match in Finland , wasn`t at the stadium last night , and he was the best motivator in the team . Club president Todor Batkov makes stupid decisions , when speaks in front of the press , and everybody talks how good atmosphere the club have . Levski plays like crap atm , and you should avoid any bets , until there is some improvement in the squad ... PS. Well done , TamU , they showed wise tactic , fought very well , and goalie Kaven was brilliant . I wish him luck vs Rosenborg , in this Scandinavian battle ...

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Any Norwegian soccer expert around here ??? Will Rosenberg field full team tonight against Astana ?? Or will they save up their strength for their big clash against Brann later in the week ?? Cheers :ok

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) FK Sarajevo v KRC Genk (18:30 BST) I can only think the price on Sarajevo reflects the fact they do not need to win. With the away goals they can even afford a one goal defeat but I don't see how teams can play in that way. They will surely attempt to play a natural home and put the tie out of sight as they did in the first qualifying round albeit against inferior opposition. With that in mind I will take Sarajevo as a DNB at Betfair.

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Tallinna FC Levadia v Crvena Zvezda Belgrade Everybody here already speak of upcoming Zvezda - Rangers game, but still... Zvezda was very ambicious this season, with many international singings, but yet they didn't show nothing special in first leg of those two teams. Zvezda was dominant team all 90 minutes but without final pass and idea in finishes. Lack of teamplay was also a problem. At the end of the game, Levadia coach said that he is satisfied with result, "We played bunker all the time, and we are happy to concide only one goal". But here in Talin, on stadium capacity of 4000 spectators, Levadia will be the team who will need to score. In Zvezda are saying that they will play on counter-attacks, and they will surley have more space up in front, and convinced in victory. Zvezda will played once again in 4-5-1 formation with two DMF (defensive midfielder), and it will be very hard for Levadia to score. In first game, was clearly seen difference in quality of these two team, although Zvezda played very bad. And that's why I think that this odd are gift and Zvezda will win this game 2:0 in second half. Pick 1: Crvena Zvezda Belgrade @1.70 Bet365 Pick 2: Draw/Zvezda @ 4.50 CS Prediction: 0:2, 0:1 GL:hope

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) RED STAR UNDER 2.5 IS SURE,Red star is crap this season and rangers will be big favorite against him.This will be one boring and very bad game without chance.Red Star have worst attack ever in history,and very unexpirienced team,with coach who is more for 2.league.On another side Levadia is poor team without any quality players.So probably results are 0-0,o-1 or maybe 1-1.Nothing more than this!

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Steaua Bucuresti - Zaglebie Lubin, UNDER 2.5 @ 1.84 (Pinnacle) I expect a tight match tonight. The mechanism of Steaua's play is not totally fixed, they create chances with some difficulty and all their goals were scored from corners (3) and penalty spot (1). Coach Hagi was rather cautious in his declarations yesterday. I think that Steaua will play firstly not to concede a goal then will concentrate upon scoring. Thus said, I think Steaua will field two defensive midfielders from the beginning (Lovin and Radoi), strengthening the defence. The Polish team struggles a lot to score, this is proved fact in the last two matches. Low scoring game imo.

Any Norwegian soccer expert around here ??? Will Rosenberg field full team tonight against Astana ?? Or will they save up their strength for their big clash against Brann later in the week ?? Cheers :ok
Rosenborg won 3-1 in Kazhakstan, a impressive victory, but still kind of undeserved. Last week, Astana had their chances but could not convert while Rosenborg did the opposite. Rosenborg will field their strongest squad avaliable tonight. The only player out is winger/striker Didier Konan, but they have a good replacement in Abdou Traòre. Key strikers Steffen Iversen and Yousoff Konè are both showing form in scoring in their last matches. The last named was played a key role when playing the 1st leg. With netting two goals he ensured alone a great away result. Coach Knut Tørum has announced the same tactics as a week ago, relying on keeping players behind the ball and fast countering. In their 4-3-3 formation this type of tactic are highly effective. When winning the ball in midfield they turn fast and aggresively creating many chances. Also on free-kicks and corners they have shown real danger, Marek Saparas deliveries and Steffen Iversens abililty in the box should make any team be careful. The fact that Astana has to break forward to have any chance of proceeding in the tourney it sure might be favour the over tonight. Also when looking at last weeks match when they showed that the team are no pushovers, only ineffectiveness giving them problems. Don`t know much about the team though, but it is "do or die" for them tonight and I believe they at least can get one or two goals this evening. Rosenborg are a big attacking force in the league, which often have consequences in the defensive parts. They have scored in all home matches so far and in 6 of 9 matches they have scored two or more. All in all they have been involved many high scoring matches, 13 of 16 matches total in the league have ended in an over. Normally I would have gone for the home win, but the value is not there at all. When Rosenborg not having been as consistent as expected I will be reluctant to take the EH/AH, their defensive safety not convincing me. Averaging 1.33 per match at home (1.57 away) in goals behind is much too high and gives a picture of the defensive part of the team. Tonight the overs will be my bet and odds from 1.70+ is definite value in my consideratons. Around 1.60 might be to low, but could be used in a double combo.

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Sherif Tiraspol - Besiktas Istanbul Always is hard to play against the teams from Moldova,and Besiktas clearly have understood this from the first game,that finished only 1:0 for them... The Moldovians have very strong defense and one weak attacker,so I do not think they will open a lot and go in blind attack from the first signal,they need to keep their clean sheet and try to score a goal to go to extra time.. Besiktas also do not play very well,although their attacker Bobo appears to be in good form,but I think he is the only one that goes well - they lost 1:2 from Fenerbahce for the Supercup ,so I see them not fully ready for the season. MY pick under 2.5

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Sarajevo - Genk Genk lost first match in Belgium (1-2), and they must to score at least two goals on Asim Ferhatovic stadium if they want to play in third qualification round. That means offensive play from the start. Sarajevo know how to score goal, but Genk is much better team.Bosnian league is very weak except their best team SIroki Brijeg and Sarajevo,but Genk is better for sure.So My pick is OVER 2.5,if game isnt arranged....who knows.I dont trust belgium teams in europe.

Do you know what team Salzburg will use against Ventspils? They are with 3 goals advantage from the first leg. Maybe will rest someone?
Sure, that can happen today. In Austria was it written that Alexander Zickler, Niko Kovac, Milan Dudic and Karel Pitak could be off for Christoph Leitgeb, Vladimir Janocko, Vratislav Lokvenc or Alex as starters. Still is Salzburg taking the oponent serious cause asistant manager T.Fink, who was a Karlsruhe player ten years ago, had a bad experience vs Brondby with a 3-0 lead away and 3-1 FT score. Then Brondby won 5-0 in Germany and Karlsruhe was off. Salzburg players know that they can not just walk for 90 minutes and go on. But to your question; Some players will take a rest.

Sherif Tiraspol - Besiktas Istanbul Always is hard to play against the teams from Moldova,and Besiktas clearly have understood this from the first game,that finished only 1:0 for them... The Moldovians have very strong defense and one weak attacker,so I do not think they will open a lot and go in blind attack from the first signal,they need to keep their clean sheet and try to score a goal to go to extra time.. Besiktas also do not play very well,although their attacker Bobo appears to be in good form,but I think he is the only one that goes well - they lost 1:2 from Fenerbahce for the Supercup ,so I see them not fully ready for the season. MY pick under 2.5
Besiktas' new coach was the coach of Kayserispor last year. I remember Kayserispor's matches vs Larisa, Tirana and even AZ Alkmaar. Always a controlled team. Last year, Kayserispor's most valuable players were offensive players like Mehmet Topuz who also recieved transfer offers from Russian Zenith, but the coach played controlled and managed to do that. This year is he with Besiktas and Besiktas' most valuable players are not offensive players but defenders like Gokhan Zan, Ibrahim Toraman, all national team defenders. This should show your being right on the U2.5 bet.

Rosenborg will field their strongest squad avaliable tonight.
Cheers mate for the info. I was having some thought of taking Astana on the handicap as I heard they were not playing that bad. Moreover, Rosenborg have Brann up next and it will be a tough game. So if they do field reserve team, I would definetely take Astana. However, since you said they are playing full team I'm not really sure on taking Astana anymore. Odds on AH for Astana has dropped and seems the value it possesses is not too attractive anymore.

Cheers mate for the info. I was having some thought of taking Astana on the handicap as I heard they were not playing that bad. Moreover' date=' Rosenborg have Brann up next and it will be a tough game. So if they do field reserve team, I would definetely take Astana. However, since you said they are playing full team I'm not really sure on taking Astana anymore. Odds on AH for Astana has dropped and seems the value it possesses is not too attractive anymore.[/quote'] Yeah, well the over has also dropped a little, not seeing the value in a single bet anymore. Still there are may possibillities combination wise though... One thing for sure is that I predict a fun game to watch, being sent on the telly and all...:ok

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) 165.gif against 1389.gif RB Salzburg vs. FC Ventspils The big difference between the Austrian Championship and the Latvian one, was showed in the first leg, played in Latvia, when Salzburg won with no troubles, 0-3, against FK Ventspils. Salzburg are the best Austrian team atm and they have a very good coach, Giovanni Trapattoni. Now what to expect from this game? It's all clear who will advance further. Ventspils come to Austria with 'nothing to lose' and if they don't attack from the first minute they have no chances. They must play a full offensive football because if they will wait for counters, Salzburg will score a goal and then it's all over. Salzburg won't play at full capacity, but in front of their own fans they don't want to dissapoint and they will manage to get another win against poor Ventspils. Pick : RB Salzburg to win.

2254.gif against 133.gif Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Pyunik Yerevan Shakhtar, one of my favourites team will host Pyunik Yerevan counting for the UEFA Champions League Qualifications. Shakhtar won with no big troubles in Armenia, a 2-0 that give them, 90-95% chances to go further. Pyunik will come to Ukraine with hopes, but with small chances, as they are facing one of the best Ukrainean teams. Shakhtar lost a good striker, Ciprian Marica, who is now with VfB Stuttgart. Also they lost Timoschuk who is now with Zenit St. Petersburg. But they still have quality players and one of the best romanian coaches, Mircea Lucescu. No doubt, Shaktar don't want to dissapoint their fans and they will try their best to get another victory. H2H :They met 3 times, and all the 3 meetings were won by Shakhtar, 2-0, 1-0, 3-1. Pick : Shakhtar Donetsk to win.
1776.gif against 1663.gif Steaua Bucuresti vs. Zaglebie Lubin. First leg won by Steaua, 1-0, thanks to the goal scored by defender Dorin Goian. It was a boring game, with no big chances, but Steaua managed to score a goal from a corner-kick. Even if you are the biggest Steaua fan, you must admit it, they play like s*it now. They are on the 1st spot in Romanian Divizia A, obtaining vicories at limit, 2-1 with Ceahlaul and 1-0 with Farul. Gica Hagi, Steaua coach, will send his best eleven on the pitch and he expects another win. Yesterday when the tickets for this game were sold many people fought for one. Gica Hagi convinced the suporters to make peace with Gigi Becali, after a 'war', because Becali held in this arm the flag from the rivals Dinamo. Steaua transferred Mihaita Plesan from Poli Timisoara, a very good player IMO. Now about Zaglebie. They say they come to win in Bucuresti...Yeah sure... Their boss promised his players a large sum of money if they will eliminate Steaua. It is not enough...you want to win and get the money, but can you win? Steaua are very strong at home and they have the advantage of own fans. Zaglebie's coach sais he has a plan for this game and he still hopes they will win... Yeah sure...The Romanian Championship is 2 classes over the Polish one. I thought at playing Steaua with -1 handicap but who knows? They will score 1 goal and wait for their opponents to make the move, and then strike on counter-attacks. Pick : Steaua Bucuresti to win

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Levadia Tallinn v Crvena Zvezda The odds for Under 2.5 Goals has been dropping like hell. And now the line has moved down to Under 2.25 as expected and still dropping. People are expecting that this will be a low scoring match, but I beg to differ. Zvezda will be playing on much better pitch today. From the info I have gathered around it seems that they will have few important players back today and their ineffective forward line spearheaded by Barcos will be replaced by Filip Djordjevic. While Milijas will be replaced by Mauricio Alejandro Molina. These changes perhaps might bring fresh life to Zvezda dull attacking force. And this is a must win match by Levadia. I'm not really sure why people are so keen on the under which has lost its value as time goes. From what I read, last time around in their first clash, Levadia was rumoured to be defending like a great wall of China. However, I think we will see a different side today after the 2nd half. The handicap of 2.25 goals certainly have some value in it. If it were over 2.5 goals, I would not bother touching it. However, with over 2.25 goals I really can expect 2 goals being scored here. If Zvezda can capitalise their technical advantage over Levadia, I'm pretty sure at some stage Levadia will conceede. While on the other hand, if they do conceede, Levadia really have no option to attack and its either they equalize or conceede more. Over 2.25 Goals @ 2.12 CANBet [5/10]

i read somewhere Elfsborg misses 6-7 players, can someone confirm it? g.l
Midfielder Ilola missing, but that's not a new injury. Midfielder/attacker Alexandersson missing, he played last match vs Kalmar, midfielder Anders Svensson will probably not play, very bad news for Elfsborg, but he only played 20 mins in the first leg, defender Andersson questionable, stumach flu. Attacker Mattias Svensson questionable, but he will probably play, he did not play in the first leg. Source: www.aftonbladet.se Compared to the first leg two new missings, but maybe one comeback if attacker Svensson can play.

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) BATE Borisov - Hafnarfjordur BATE is a professional team from Belarussia. While, Hafnarfjordur are semi professional team with only 4 professional players in it and the rest are part-timers. BATE won comfortably 3-1 when they visi Hafnarfjordur last time. Theoritically they could really hold back and settle for a draw just to qualify. However, BATE coach seems to take this match seriously. Based on the info I gathered. BATE rested 8 of their regulars in their latest domestic match. This shows that BATE means business here today. It is really hard to see how Hafnarfjordur could qualify to the next stage. And even their coach are also rumoured to field younger teams today since they know they have no chance against BATE. However, this could be a double edged sword from some perspective. As I said earlier, BATE could slack their ass off and get away with it. However, I really see no reason why they can't win just by 1 goal at least to give the home supporter something to cheer about and we will only lost half of our stake. On top of that, their next domestic game is at home on Saturday against Vitebsk who is currently with 17 points on the ladder while BATE is currently topping the ladder with 33 points. To note also BATE has only played 13 domestic league, while Vitebs accumulate those 17 points by playing a total of 14 games. The only thing that prevent me to go any higher on this match is the fact that BATE won comfortably last time around and can even afford to lose to qualify to the next stage. I've also watched BATE video clips on their match against Hafnarfjordur last time and I have to say the team from Iceland has a really poor organisation. BATE -1.25 @ 1.85 Pinnacle [7/10]

i read somewhere Elfsborg misses 6-7 players, can someone confirm it? g.l
Elfsborgs available players (Source, Elfsborg Official Site); Johan Wiland, Abbas Hassan, Johan Karlsson, Markus Falk-Olander, Andreas Augustsson, Fredrik Björck, Mattias Floren, Daniel Mobaeck, Martin Andersson, Stefan Ishizaki, Leandre Griffit, Samuel Holmén, Anders Svensson, Daniel Eres, Emir Bajrami, Mathias Svensson, Fredrik Berglund, James Keene, Denni Avdic As seen, Wiland, Andersson, Björck, Ishizaki, Holmen, Augustsson, A.Svensson, Mobaeck, James Keene, Berglund, M.Svensson. Not that different from the best eleven, or? :ok Daniel Alexandersson and Jari Ilola are the only important missings, but IMO, not a that big loss. Still, if you would ask me whether i would put a penny on Elfsborg, my answer would be a big NO. Debreceni can cause trouble and odds are great. I skip the match just because Levski vs Tampere match impressed me and changed all my mind about Scandinavian soccer vs Eastern Europe. Otherwise would i go for Debreceni.

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Nice write-up on the BATE game, 888. Like you say, they rested 8 first choice players at the weekend and this largely explains the 1-0 loss at Smorgon'. I think that BATE will take tonight very seriously and look to get a couple of early goals to put the tie beyond any doubt. Hafnarfjordur's defence looked awful in the first leg and I can see them conceeding a few tonight again. The best value bet looks to be BATE to win Half/Full Time @ 2.1 on Betfair.

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) thanks first of all mate... in fact i was on Tempere last night @10.24 as you can see on sports-punter competation so my thoughts didnt change:D and after your good news i will take -1 hw here because hungarian football just crap in last years (sorry) odds on hw raised %20-40 everywhre, amazing movement but had became big value -1 home (eh) around 3.30 is available

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Anders Svensson very doubtful, news from this afternoon, it's an important missing for sure, but I think that Elfsborg will be able to handle Debreceni anyway. Here's my picks for today, yesterday i tried small stake on under in every match, it worked fine, so I'll give it a shot today again. Elfsborg - Debreceni under 2.5 goals @ 1.88 (Pinnacle) Elfsborg won the first leg 1-0, their gameplan was clear: To not allow Debreceni any space and thereby keep them from scoring. It worked fine, and I doubt that Elfsborg cares if people thought of them as a boring team at that point. Today Debreceni will have to go forward of course, and this suits Elfsborg fine, they are solid in the dense and cool enough to wait for their chances to arrive. I doubt that Debreceni's got what it takes to break through Elfsborg's defence, anyway a lowscoring match from all angles imo Bate Borisov -1.25 @ 1.93 (Pinnacle) Hafnafjordur took the lead in the first match, but the class difference soon showed and Bate scored three and won easy in the end. Hafna without a chance now, will probably change some players to not risk anything in their domestic league. Bate won't take it easy imo, they need confidence before next stage and play in front of their homecrowd. I'm pretty sure Bate will try to give their fans a good match and a win with 2 or more goals looks very likely. FC Levadia Tallinn not to score @ 2.10 (Nordicbet) Red Star completely dominated the first match, but they were very toothless and lacked creativity enough to break through Levadia's defensive wall more than once. This match's a different matter, Levadia have to score, but I really doubt that they have skills and class enough to create much. Red Star maybe toothless up front, but their defence is still a solid one, Levadia's out o their depth here. FC Steaua Bucuresti v Zaglebie Lubin under 2.5 goals @ 1.90 (Nordicbet) I rank Steaua as the better team here, even though they might not have been very impressing in the first match they still got the 1-0 win, of course a great result. Steaua knows how to deal with these knockout competitions, it's all about getting a good result away and then play safe at home, I expect them to wait for the opponants to make the first move, play it safe and maybe counterattack and score. After reading various opinions about Steaua's situation this season I get the impression that they are solid at the back but still weak up front, so I don't think we will see many goals here, under at this price must have a value. FC Sheriff Tiraspol v Besiktas under 2.5 goals @ 1.75 (Pinnacle) Besiktas up 1-0, they can play controlled and won't take any risks, Tiraspol not a bad team but lack the edge to really threat Besikta's defence imo, a draw the best result Tiraspol can hope for, but my probable result is Besiktas to win 1-0. I don't Besiktas, who lack a bit of speed at this stage of the season, will score many. Besiktas usually get good results away in European competitions, so this under bet looks really good to me.

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) UEFA Champions League Soccer - Sarajevo/Genk - total Over 2½ (-123) for the regulation time held on Aug 8 at 12:30pm [pending] Sarajevo was the surprise 2-1 winner in Belgium in the first leg. Genk is a much better team on paper. I could imagine Genk winning this 2-0, but I also can see both teams attacking and the score ending 3-0 or 3-1...Genk needs 3 to ensure they can advance even if they concede, so I don't really see them letting up even if they do jump out ahead early. BOL

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Does anybody on this great board have any thoughts on the Slavia-Zilina game? As I understand it, Slavia were lucky to get away with a goalless draw in game one. How will Slavia likely handle the situation, first try to make sure Zilina doesn't score or try to score a couple themselves early on? What kind of team are they? Is the bookies apparent confidence in them well founded?

Nice write-up on the BATE game, 888. Like you say, they rested 8 first choice players at the weekend and this largely explains the 1-0 loss at Smorgon'. I think that BATE will take tonight very seriously and look to get a couple of early goals to put the tie beyond any doubt. Hafnarfjordur's defence looked awful in the first leg and I can see them conceeding a few tonight again. The best value bet looks to be BATE to win Half/Full Time @ 2.1 on Betfair.
Odds before kick off are raising everywhere on BATE, this doesnt looks good :wall:wall:wall. Bookies never give away free money. I'm assuming BATE have more punter flocking their money in them. But the odds on the contrary is increasing (Asian Handicap) ?? Something fishy ?? :spank:spank