** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8)

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Levadia hit the post in 20' from 100% goal chance and score after corner kick after that. Minutes after goal Zvezda equlaized and had great chance for lead after that. I expect, because Levadia need to score 2 goals, in second half Zvezda will score one or two more from counter attacks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8)

165.gif against 1389.gif RB Salzburg vs. FC Ventspils The big difference between the Austrian Championship and the Latvian one, was showed in the first leg, played in Latvia, when Salzburg won with no troubles, 0-3, against FK Ventspils. Salzburg are the best Austrian team atm and they have a very good coach, Giovanni Trapattoni. Now what to expect from this game? It's all clear who will advance further. Ventspils come to Austria with 'nothing to lose' and if they don't attack from the first minute they have no chances. They must play a full offensive football because if they will wait for counters, Salzburg will score a goal and then it's all over. Salzburg won't play at full capacity, but in front of their own fans they don't want to dissapoint and they will manage to get another win against poor Ventspils. Pick : RB Salzburg to win.
2254.gif against 133.gif Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Pyunik Yerevan Shakhtar, one of my favourites team will host Pyunik Yerevan counting for the UEFA Champions League Qualifications. Shakhtar won with no big troubles in Armenia, a 2-0 that give them, 90-95% chances to go further. Pyunik will come to Ukraine with hopes, but with small chances, as they are facing one of the best Ukrainean teams. Shakhtar lost a good striker, Ciprian Marica, who is now with VfB Stuttgart. Also they lost Timoschuk who is now with Zenit St. Petersburg. But they still have quality players and one of the best romanian coaches, Mircea Lucescu. No doubt, Shaktar don't want to dissapoint their fans and they will try their best to get another victory. H2H :They met 3 times, and all the 3 meetings were won by Shakhtar, 2-0, 1-0, 3-1. Pick : Shakhtar Donetsk to win.
1776.gif against 1663.gif Steaua Bucuresti vs. Zaglebie Lubin. First leg won by Steaua, 1-0, thanks to the goal scored by defender Dorin Goian. It was a boring game, with no big chances, but Steaua managed to score a goal from a corner-kick. Even if you are the biggest Steaua fan, you must admit it, they play like s*it now. They are on the 1st spot in Romanian Divizia A, obtaining vicories at limit, 2-1 with Ceahlaul and 1-0 with Farul. Gica Hagi, Steaua coach, will send his best eleven on the pitch and he expects another win. Yesterday when the tickets for this game were sold many people fought for one. Gica Hagi convinced the suporters to make peace with Gigi Becali, after a 'war', because Becali held in this arm the flag from the rivals Dinamo. Steaua transferred Mihaita Plesan from Poli Timisoara, a very good player IMO. Now about Zaglebie. They say they come to win in Bucuresti...Yeah sure... Their boss promised his players a large sum of money if they will eliminate Steaua. It is not enough...you want to win and get the money, but can you win? Steaua are very strong at home and they have the advantage of own fans. Zaglebie's coach sais he has a plan for this game and he still hopes they will win... Yeah sure...The Romanian Championship is 2 classes over the Polish one. I thought at playing Steaua with -1 handicap but who knows? They will score 1 goal and wait for their opponents to make the move, and then strike on counter-attacks. Pick : Steaua Bucuresti to win
Hehe 3/3 :)

Re: CL 2nd qual rd - return leg (7 - 8/8) Today I wussed out on my "big dogs at plus money" theory. The results: Hafnarfjordur +1, +148*...1-1 WIN Pyunik +2, +104...1-2 WIN Z Lubin +1, +117...1-2 PUSH *The line dropped through the morning, by game time it was +104 or something. I will not wuss out again. The reason I didn't play these is it was the second leg, and these teams were in prime position to get blown out on the road. Didn't happen. By the way, the dogs that were bringing in the money? Both got blown out: Astana +1.5, -112, lost 1-7; Ventspils +2, -123, lost 0-4.

Rosenborg won 3-1 in Kazhakstan, a impressive victory, but still kind of undeserved. Last week, Astana had their chances but could not convert while Rosenborg did the opposite. Rosenborg will field their strongest squad avaliable tonight. The only player out is winger/striker Didier Konan, but they have a good replacement in Abdou Traòre. Key strikers Steffen Iversen and Yousoff Konè are both showing form in scoring in their last matches. The last named was played a key role when playing the 1st leg. With netting two goals he ensured alone a great away result. Coach Knut Tørum has announced the same tactics as a week ago, relying on keeping players behind the ball and fast countering. In their 4-3-3 formation this type of tactic are highly effective. When winning the ball in midfield they turn fast and aggresively creating many chances. Also on free-kicks and corners they have shown real danger, Marek Saparas deliveries and Steffen Iversens abililty in the box should make any team be careful. The fact that Astana has to break forward to have any chance of proceeding in the tourney it sure might be favour the over tonight. Also when looking at last weeks match when they showed that the team are no pushovers, only ineffectiveness giving them problems. Don`t know much about the team though, but it is "do or die" for them tonight and I believe they at least can get one or two goals this evening. Rosenborg are a big attacking force in the league, which often have consequences in the defensive parts. They have scored in all home matches so far and in 6 of 9 matches they have scored two or more. All in all they have been involved many high scoring matches, 13 of 16 matches total in the league have ended in an over. Normally I would have gone for the home win, but the value is not there at all. When Rosenborg not having been as consistent as expected I will be reluctant to take the EH/AH, their defensive safety not convincing me. Averaging 1.33 per match at home (1.57 away) in goals behind is much too high and gives a picture of the defensive part of the team. Tonight the overs will be my bet and odds from 1.70+ is definite value in my consideratons. Around 1.60 might be to low, but could be used in a double combo.
With at 7-1 win to Rosenborg, no doubt the over went in. It is easy to regret but, thought of over 3.5 too late...:eyes Still, it is not worth complaining about though.

Does anybody on this great board have any thoughts on the Slavia-Zilina game? As I understand it' date=' Slavia were lucky to get away with a goalless draw in game one. How will Slavia likely handle the situation, first try to make sure Zilina doesn't score or try to score a couple themselves early on? What kind of team are they? Is the bookies apparent confidence in them well founded?[/quote'] The second post was all about this game, mate - as it went, Slavia bossed the game but failed to score. Zilina had about one halfchance. Still the 1.5 on the home win was a lure by the books. Slavia got through only after a shoot-out. Hmm, Ajax a much more playable opponent for them then Arsenal for Sparta in the next round.