** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007

Tuesday 24 July 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Gloucestershire v Lancashire (13:15 BST)2.251.66105%
Warwickshire v Nottinghamshire (16:10 BST)1.902.00103%
Forget Gloucestershire vs Lancashire. It's been rained off 24hrs before the off. 2 for the TV game. 10pts Warwickshire to beat Nottinghamshire 10/11 Sporting Odds Edgbaston plays host to this intriguing match between 2 sides who will be disappointed to bow out of the Twenty20 Cup last week. This is the 2 sides 1st Pro40 game of the season and could turn out to be the division's 1st game of the season after every other scheduled Division 1 match thus far has been rained off. Warwickshire will be without Ian Bell but have all the squad which took them to the Friends Provident semi finals with the exception of Dale Steyn who has been replaced by Paul Harris. Darren Maddy has lots of options at his disposal both with the bat and the ball. Warwickshire usually field lots of bits and pieces players who can bat and bowl. Neil Carter is an important player for the Bears as he'll open the bowling and the batting and other key players are Heath Streak and Alex Loudon. Nottinghamshire come here with a few injury problems. Charlie Shreck is out with his injury and Ryan Sidebottom is still with England. Notts are likely to play Bilal Shafayat so they'll bat a long way down but there won't be as many bowling options for Stephen Fleming as there usually is. If someone goes round the park he might have to turn to a very part time bowler and that could cause carnage. With the bat, Notts look as strong as ever. This has the makings of a close match but Warwickshire are as solid as a rock at home and I think when all is said and done they'll edge this match. 5pts ew J.Trott Top Warwickshire Batsman 9/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Jon Trott is in good one day form at present. He recently played for England in the ODI's against the West Indies, well he played in the Twenty20's anyway and was 12th man for the ODI's. All season long he's been in great form with the bat. He went through the Friends Provident campaign with an 88.25 average which included 2 centuries. And in his 3 Twenty20 innings has made 49, 44 and 44. Trott's a solid one day player who'll come in at 3 and look to bat the innings through and with spots up for grabs against India next month, it's important Trott stays in the selectors thoughts so a big knock in front of the cameras is key. At 9/2 Trott looks an ew steal.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Notts require 192 at 4.8 an over. It sounds rather easy but i have a good feeling about today! The pitch isn't the best for batting and the light isn't going to be very easy. The first 15 overs will be vital but as i say i still feel the bears can win this!

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 -20 for Tuesday then, back to +3.80 for the competition. Northants vs Lancashire tonight

Northamptonshire2.252.252.452.22.252.372.252.22.52.22.22.22.52.422.24
Lancashire1.571.571.61.611.571.531.571.611.571.611.611.611.621.611.58
3 for me tonight. Leaving the match alone though as I don't really trust either side particularly in a day nighter. Northants are a big price given their decent record in the competition but the 15 overs looks a safer bet and I'll have 2 top bats as well. 10pts Lancashire Highest 1st 15 Overs 8/11 Stan James We all know about Mal Loye at the top of the Lancashire innings and should he open with Horton or Law there will be lot of runs scored early doors from the Lancashire guys. In contrast Northants will open with Stephen Peters or Usman Afzaal alongside Chris Rogers. Both of those like to take time to play themselves in and won't play any silly shots like Loye will. Lancashire's bowling 1st up will consist of Chapple, Cork and Mahmood who will all be tight and tough to score off while Northants will lead with van der Wath and Lucas who take wickets but concede lots of runs. All of that leads to Lancashire leading after 15 overs. 5pts ew L.Klusener Top Northants Bat 6/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Lance Klusener is in good touch with the bat. He hit an excellent century in the Twenty20 cup against Worcestershire in what was a very productive competition for him and then followed that up with a century at Taunton in Northants' last championship match. So he's in good form. He probably won't open the innings here but I'd expect him to bat at number 4 or 5. When he does get in he'll take the attack to the opposition straight away and score runs at a good rate. While his team mates could be crumbling to Murali, Zulu should may hay at the other end. Given that he's Northants most in form batsman, 6/1 is big and one I'm happy to take each way. 5pts ew G.Cross Top Lancashire Batsman 13/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Gareth Cross enhanced his reputation with an excellent Twenty20 with the bat. He's a hard hitting middle order batsman who can play the steady innings or the crash bang wallop innings. This Lancashire lineup has some real quality players in it but they've been shot out in the past and given their attacking instincts it could easily happen again. Either way, Gareth Cross has the power to make sure he's in the top 3 at least and if those above him do falter he'll be there to capitalise and top score.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 I wasn't going to bother with the match outright but I've changed my mind :unsure. 10pts Northants to beat Lancashire 13/8 Totesport Northants have just lost the toss and been put into bat by Stuart Law but I can't help but think that is a weird choice. Not only will they be batting under lights but the dank weather is still around Northampton as well so they'll be bowling with a wet ball which may affect Murali particularly. Northants have named a strong batting lineup and I think they can put a decent score on the board and then with good seamers in van der Wath, Klusener and Lucas later on I think they can restrict Lancashire. Lancashire are without their normal captain in Mark Chilton and while Stuart Law is an excellent stand in I never like backing sides without their normal captain. Perhaps more importantly than any of the above though is there is no Mal Loye for Lancs tonight, the one player who can take the game away from Northants in an instant and with so many factors going the way of the Steelbacks, my cash finally is too.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Durham finished top of the northern 50 over league and have home advantage so outright match prices seem fair enough. The 1 outstanding bet I am astonished to see is in the top batsman section. P Mustard 6/1 with Boylesports. I would have been backing him at 4's. Certain to open, one of the top scorers overall in the Friends Provident. Divenuto is back but has not played for 3 weeks. Benkenstein is class but comes in lower down. No 2nd overseas player, none of Smith, Park, Muchall, Breese, B Harmison should be anything like the same price. If its rain interrupted, even better as he opens! I have opened a BoyleSports account and lumped on, covering some of the stake with their generous each-way conditions previously highlighted. I urge you to do the same!

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 If, Plunkett is playing in this match, then there is no reason that he can't get amongst the runs. He has done it on a few occasions this season when he has been needed and I wouldn't be suprised if he could come within the top 3 batsmen 25/1. This does obviously depend on the length of the match and the batting order so I don't think it will actually be one I am gonna put money on, but I would watch out for it.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Durham have internationals too. Wrongly favourites IMO but favourites because of the fact they're in the FP final.

Durham1.81.81.91.81.81.721.91.721.81.721.851.831.831.721.921.861.81
Middlesex1.91.92.041.91.921.4421.921.951.831.8322.062.11.95
10pts Middlesex to beat Durham Evs Ladbrokes Durham host Middlesex in this Pro40 clash at the Riverside probably glad to get back to the longer form of one day cricket after a disaster of a Twenty20 Cup. Middlesex were better in the Twenty20 but failed to go past the group stages. These 2 were both relegated from Division 1 last season. Durham welcome Michael di Venuto back into their squad after he's been out with a broken hand but Scott Styris has now left them and a deal for Shivnerine Chanderpaul as yet hasn't been agreed. Paul Collingwood is away with England while Steve Harmison is out with his hernia. Liam Plunkett is in the squad though. The Dynamo's have a young batting lineup out this afternoon though and that could be the crucial factor in the match. Middlesex were relegated last season but were a bit unlucky as they were dogged by international call up's a lot of the time with Andrew Strauss, Ed Joyce and Jamie Dalrymple regularly away. 2 of those 3 are back this season though and that's a big boost to the Crusaders. Chaminda Vaas leads a very good bowling attack with Tim Murtagh an able support with Chad Keegan while spin twins Murali Kartik and Jamie Dalrymple will squeeze the Durham lineup. With the bat, Owais Shah, Ed Smith and Jamie Dalrymple all score quickly with Ed Joyce a solid one day player too. Durham made the Friends Provident final earlier in the season but their squad in that was much stronger than this afternoon's one. Middlesex are have a good one day squad and I think they'll pinch the points this afternoon. 10pts Under 6 6's 11/10 Sporting Odds The Riverside ground is a huge ground with a big outfield and it can be hard to clear the ropes there in normal conditions let alone the conditions the players will encounter this afternoon. It's been raining in Durham during the morning so the conditions will be wet, cold and heavy so hitting 6s won't be easy. Durham have a young batting lineup out who may not have the confidence to come down the track and swat good bowlers over the top for 6 and I think it will need some really bad bowling for there to be more than 5 maximums here. Both bowling attacks look solid though so I don't envisage us getting that so I'll take the unders here. 5pts ew P.Mustard Top Durham Batsman 6/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Phil Mustard is having a great season with the bat in 1 day cricket. He hit 3 50's and a hundred while averaging 43.50 in the Friends Provident at the start of the season. He also made a half century and averaged 38.5 in Durham's disappointing Twenty20 campaign so he's clearly a man ni form in the 1 day game. He'll be opening the innings as he always does but he isn't the pinch hitter he used to be. Durham have reined him in a bit and he generally looks to bat for much longer periods of time now so that Durham can set the innings up for some hitters down the order. As he's opening he could steal a march on the field and lead from start to finish. Durham have a weak batting lineup out here though so the worse we can expect IMO is an ew payout.

Durham finished top of the northern 50 over league and have home advantage so outright match prices seem fair enough. The 1 outstanding bet I am astonished to see is in the top batsman section. P Mustard 6/1 with Boylesports. I would have been backing him at 4's. Certain to open, one of the top scorers overall in the Friends Provident. Divenuto is back but has not played for 3 weeks. Benkenstein is class but comes in lower down. No 2nd overseas player, none of Smith, Park, Muchall, Breese, B Harmison should be anything like the same price. If its rain interrupted, even better as he opens! I have opened a BoyleSports account and lumped on, covering some of the stake with their generous each-way conditions previously highlighted. I urge you to do the same!
:welcome to PL mdivenuto. Great minds think alike! Now if you could kindly get out for a duck I'll be very grateful :lol.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 :welcome to PL mdivenuto. Thank you very much. Obviously when Mustard is out first ball I will beat a hasty retreat and come back as S Chanderpaul or something!! I really hope there is play at the Riverside, this Mustard bet just looks better and better the more I look at it.

:welcome to PL mdivenuto. Thank you very much. Obviously when Mustard is out first ball I will beat a hasty retreat and come back as S Chanderpaul or something!! I really hope there is play at the Riverside, this Mustard bet just looks better and better the more I look at it.
I take it you are a Durham fam mate? Are you going to Lords next month? The lesser overs there is the better for Mustard. Not going to get carried away though because he'll face Vaas with the new ball but he's the form man in a young lineup isn't he. Like you said earlier he should be more like 4/1 than 6/1 so we've got incredible value.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Inspection at 6.30pm. Play has to finish at 10.20pm but if they can get everything sorted out to get started at 7.30 we should get a 20 over game in. 20 overs makes my Middlesex bet and Mustard bet look attractive but the 6s could be struggling!!

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Durham won that easily and the 6s bet was voided but Mustard brought home the top bat for myself and mdivenuto easily so I finished +27.50 for the day and am now +21 for Pro40 which resumes on Sunday.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Well by the way he's started with that tip, mdivenuto can certainly cut the mustard! sorry :$ Thought Middlesex were very hard done by the conditions there, awful for bowling in the height of that storm.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Happy days, just spent a very enjoyable few hours watching Sky Plus, particularly the over Mustard bashed 22 off the increasingy irritable Chad Keegan. There always seems a bit of value somewhere in the top bat lists, but the Colonel really stuck out. I am indeed a Durham fan Kevshat, I will see you at Lords. I will be the one nervously chewing my 50/1 ante-post slip!!

Happy days, just spent a very enjoyable few hours watching Sky Plus, particularly the over Mustard bashed 22 off the increasingy irritable Chad Keegan. There always seems a bit of value somewhere in the top bat lists, but the Colonel really stuck out. I am indeed a Durham fan Kevshat, I will see you at Lords. I will be the one nervously chewing my 50/1 ante-post slip!!
Thanks for that mate got a lovely 9/2 - cheers again :ok

Happy days, just spent a very enjoyable few hours watching Sky Plus, particularly the over Mustard bashed 22 off the increasingy irritable Chad Keegan. There always seems a bit of value somewhere in the top bat lists, but the Colonel really stuck out. I am indeed a Durham fan Kevshat, I will see you at Lords. I will be the one nervously chewing my 50/1 ante-post slip!!
You will indeed mate. Hopefully we get you out as cheaply as Middlesex did last night!! ;)

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Plenty of matches today.

Sunday 29 July 2007
HomeAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Gloucestershire v Warwickshire (13:15 BST)2.101.85102%
Hampshire v Essex (13:15 BST)1.922.04102%
Worcestershire v Sussex (13:15 BST)2.371.70101%
Derbyshire v Kent (13:15 BST)2.401.66102%
Glamorgan v Middlesex (13:15 BST)2.601.61101%
Surrey v Durham (13:15 BST)1.802.25100%
Yorkshire v Somerset (13:15 BST)1.922.00103%
3 for me today. 10pts Hampshire to beat Essex 5/6 Sporting Odds Having both had their opening matches in Pro40 washed out, Hampshire and Essex will try and begin their Pro40 campaigns at the Rose Bowl. Essex arrive on the south coast as defending champions in this event while Hampshire are back among the elite in the 1st division. Hampshire have John Crawley in good form after his unbeaten century in the Championship yesterday while Michael Brown is also in good touch. With the ball Jimmy Bruce was amongst the wickets against Sussex and Dimi Mascarenhas bowled well too. Chris Tremlett is obviously absent for this game but David Griffiths is taking his opportunity well. Essex will be without Alastair Cook but have a full strength side out apart from that. Andy Bichel returns to one of his former clubs hoping to continue the excellent form with which he's began his Essex season with. With the bat, Ravi Bopara will have a key role to play while James Foster is in good touch too. There isn't a great deal of solid support for Bichel with the ball though with the Rose Bowl unlikely to turn for the spinners after the recent rain. Hampshire comfortably beat Essex here in the Twenty20 and will look to warm up for next month's Friend Provident Trophy final with a win here. 10pts Durham to beat Surrey 6/5 Bet365 Guildford hosts this battle of the promotion hopefuls. Durham picked up their 1st Pro40 win by beating Middlesex on Thursday night and will want to complete the London double here. Surrey are playing their 1st Pro40 game here. Surrey will be without Mark Ramprakash who is being rested as he has a bad back which is hardly surprising given the amount of runs he's scored recently. Stewart Walters will have his place. Jimmy Ormond is in the squad after battling back from injury. This will be the Brown Caps 1st game without Nayan Doshi who left the county recently. Harbhajan Singh does play though. Durham have Michael di Venuto fit to play and although their side is a young side it's a confident one in longer form of 1 day cricket. They have a very good seam attack led by Liam Plunkett while Ottis Gibson is on fire at the minute. Shivnerine Chanderpaul makes his Dynamoes debut in this match and after the summer he's had, more runs will be expected. Mark Ramprakash is such a huge player for Surrey that they could rue not having him. This is a confident Durham side who are well overpriced here and who I fancy to do the business down at Guildford. 10pts Kent to beat Derbyshire 4/6 Ladbrokes Derby is the venue for this Pro40 match after it was rearranged from the proposed Chesterfield ground after that ground became flooded. Kent arrive here 2nd in the Division 2 table after walloping Leicestershire in the opening game. Derby top the table thanks to a rain affected win against Glamorgan where the D/L method very much favoured the Phantoms. Derbyshire will hope Simon Katich gets a few runs because the confidence of their batsmen must be shot to pieces after being bowled out for just 52 in the Championship yesterday. Tom Lungley continues to impress with the ball and Graham Wagg can take wickets too. Travis Birt and Michael Dighton will hope to get a few runs after having poor seasons so far. Kent will be full of confidence as they are playing good one day cricket right now. Rob Key's never been in better 1 day form and Joe Denly is scoring well too. Darren Stevens is another in good nick with the bat but it's with the ball Kent are most effective. Medium pacers Darren Stevens and Simon Cook ably support the excellent Andrew Hall, Ryan McLaren and Yasir Arafat. Kent know what they're doing in 1 day cricket right now while Derby, despite that win over Glamorgan are a shambles on and off the field currently. They dropped to a new low yesterday and Kent will provide the kick while they are down here.

This will be the Brown Caps 1st game without Nayan Doshi who left the county recently. Harbhajan Singh does play though.
I missed that, why has Doshi left?? He seemed to be a good young prospect for Surrey, with a possible England future especially in ODIs.