** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007

Hope I am not treading on anyone's toes here. But there is a decent value each way bet in the Glamorgan vs Yorkshire game, it's Ryan Watkins to be Glamorgan top scorer at 12/1 at Boyle Sports. Or 14/1 at Extrabet you are feeling brave on the nose. Now Glamorgan are so bad, if they were a dog they would be put down. Their batting is truely terrible, so with the likes of Gough and Gillespie around, it's not impossible they could be 50 for 5 at some stage. Watkins is your typical Welshman - fat and vastly tattooed but the little left hander can hit a cricket ball hard and in a dire side against opposition with a decent seam attack ( and Tim Bresnan), could be a reasonable punt ( not one to throw the kitchen sink at to be honest). The only downside is Glamorgan's batting could fire ( unlikely unless someone has a match and a can of petrol handy), as Watkins is likely to bat about number seven. Mark Wallace, the stumper, is another decent alternative ( 8/1 Boyle Sports). Or if you are a coward like me back them both and swear loudly as Jimmy Maher hits a season best of three, as Glamorgan are bowled out for 7:@. Good luck, everyone!
Good shout mon ami. Why does Gillespie choose Wharf to bowl his only jaffa of the season to :lol :sad. Hopefully Yorkshire get past 38 in 15 overs and then win to give me a profit.

they are mopping up as we speak Other looks a good bet to me, wharf, watkins, wallace and tom maynard, plus the bowling (-croft) in our favour, trying to get matched at 5s on betfair if anyone is interested :P:P:P:P
didnt get on, couldnt even get matched at 4.2 interestingly they had ben wright up on there all day even though he wasnt in the squad and then changed him to wallace, so i wonder even if i had been matched whether it would have been voided?..?

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 That was even easier than I thought it would be. It will be a long month until the end of the season for Glamorgan. Unfortunately Wharf got a jaffa but the other 2 bets won with ease so +2.6 on the night which stops the rot and puts me back up to +24.03 for the competition. Next game is on Thursday.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Genuine question. At one point today, before Wallace struck some late boundaries, extras was the top scorer with 30 :lol. Do they count in top bat betting?? :lol Good call Royston Vasey on the top bat.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Thanks. It's cheating really backing two in an eleven horse field.:sad Now I haven't got stats to back this up - but there is a high percentage of wicketkeepers been top bat or at least placed in the TV games this season. That's the third time Gerry Brophy has been Yorkshire's top scorer on the box this year ( Do you like my anorak?), in recent SKY games Phil Mustard and Ben Scott have been their counties top scorers, with Nic Pothas also placed in the final. It's defo something to keep an eye on. Obviously now I said this, no gloveman will score a run again this year on TV!! :wall

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 There's a Pro40 game on Sky tomorrow, Worcestershire vs Lancashire at Taunton. Just 1 for me. 10pts Worcestershire to beat Lancashire 11/10 Totesport Worcestershire host Lancashire at Taunton in what could be a run fest amid a scorchio. Worcestershire lead the Division 1 table ahead of this game and a win will send them 3pts clear at the top of the table. Lancashire are 5th but will draw level with Worcestershire at the top with a win. Worcestershire give a one day debut to Abdul Razzaq who signed for the rest of the season in midweek. His introduction to the side will lessen the loss of Phil Jaques and to a lesser extent Doug Bollinger. Vikram Solanki, Graeme Hick and Kabir Ali have all been in immense form in this competition and at Taunton will look to impress again. Lancashire will be without the likes of Flintoff, Anderson and of course Brad Hodge who is back in Australia. VVX Laxman plays his 1st one day match for the Lightning. Murali plays in this match too. Sajid Mahmood is likely to play as he continues to build on his fitness. Mal Loye is still struggling with a bad back. Worcestershire are the better side and are in better form and Taunton could just be perfectly suited to their side. They've played good 1 day cricket all season and I think they'll extend their lead here.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Bit of a late one but I see Coral are still going the same prices they were this morning for Monday's Durham v Yorkshire game. Since they set these odds (1) Durham cruised past Leicester (2) Yorkshire were hammered by Surrey. If Durham were a 10/11 choice this morning they should surely be shorter by now. Therefore a modest wager on the Dynamoes is advised.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Also, no prices up as yet but keep an eye out for any decent price about Edwards top scoring for Somerset v Leics in Tuesdays live game. Bashed a quick 50 last Thursday, hopefully he will fail at Canterbury today and we can get on at a decent price with Langer and Trescothick taking a big chunk out of the book.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Sorry, I got so excited about the price on Durham last night I gave the wrong Somerset name. It's McKenzie I am keen on to top score as he will bat at 3 before the Leicester spinners come on and tie things down but he is missing from oddschecker at the moment for some reason.

Bit of a late one but I see Coral are still going the same prices they were this morning for Monday's Durham v Yorkshire game. Since they set these odds (1) Durham cruised past Leicester (2) Yorkshire were hammered by Surrey. If Durham were a 10/11 choice this morning they should surely be shorter by now. Therefore a modest wager on the Dynamoes is advised.
Great pick with durham mate :ok easy winners Any thought on who will win the somerset match tonight? cheers

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 I finally do have details of the bet I will be having on this one. Neil McKenzie to top score for Somerset. He has just turned up from South Africa to replace Cameron White for the rest of the season. 11/2 with Hills seems far too big and I will be getting involved. He bats at 3 so should be in fairly early to take advantage of Leicestershires wayward opening bowling before the spinners get on to tie things down a bit. I am very keen on this bet.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Worcestershire won easily the other day which puts me back up to +35.03 for the competition ahead of tonight's match between Somerset and Leicestershire, also at Taunton.

Leicestershire2.252.372.252.72.622.372.372.252.252.252.372.622.752.372.762.742.3
Somerset1.571.531.571.541.441.531.531.571.571.571.531.441.41.531.551.551.55
bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">
4 for me. 10pts Leicestershire to beat Somerset 7/4 Totesport This is a crucial match in regards to the promotion from Division 2 of Pro40. Somerset have picked up 2 recent wins to propel them into 2nd place in the table while Leicestershire come into this match in 7th place but a win puts them up to third. 3pts seperates 1 to 7 in this table so wins are huge. Taunton hosts the game. Somerset will be full of confidence after their recent wins over Durham and Kent, 2 sides right in the mix for promotion, and they have Andrew Caddick in their squad for this game. Skipper Justin Langer is in good form and South African Neil Mackenzie, here as a replacement for Cameron White, has settled in nicely. Marcus Trescothick and wicket keeper Craig Kieswetter are hard hitting openers. With the ball, Charl Willoughby is bowling well and Peter Trego will be boosted bya 5 wicket haul against Kent yesterday. Leicestershire's form has dropped a wee bit recently but they are still a good one day side and have to win here to have any chance of getting promotion. HD Ackerman, John Sadler and Paul Nixon will be the main men with the bat. The loss of Stuart Broad with the ball is a blow but the likes of David Masters, Claude Henderson and Jeremy Snape could squash the Somerset run rate. Unlike Saturday's game here, this is a day/night match so the team batting 1st will have a major advantage. It's unlikely a different pitch will be used from the game on Saturday so I'd expect the pitch to turn a bit which helps Leicester and at a big price I'll take them to beat a Somerset side who still have the ability to flatter to deceive particularly in 1 day cricket. 10pts Somerset Highest 1st 15 Overs 8/11 Bet365 Somerset have a few big hitters and quick scorers up the top of their batting lineup and they should outscore Leicester's top order in the 1st 15 overs. Somerset know they have a long batting lineup so they can throw the bat at things to begin with knowing they have strength to come. Leicestershire tend to bide their time at the beginning and increase their scoring rate as the match develops. With Stuart Broad missing for Leicestershire today, I fully expect Somerset to lead after 15 overs. 10pts Somerset Most 6s 4/5 Bet365 Somerset are generally a big hitting team. Trescothick, Kieswetter, Mackenzie, Langer, Hildreth and of course Ian Blackwell are all capable of clearing any boundary really let alone this one at Taunton. In contrast Leicestershire don't have too many real big hitters and I'd expect the baulk of their boundaries to come in 4s. Leicestershire will play 2 spinners so there's more chance for the Somerset batsmen to hit big and I expect more 6s from them here. 5pts ew P.Nixon Top Leicestershire Bat 11/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Paul Nixon remains one of Leicestershire's most consistent and best one day batsmen. Ackerman is probably the best of their lineup and is the one to beat but Nixon is clever and canny and will enjoy the surroundings of Taunton. He top scored here when Leicester last showed up for a Pro40 match and warmed up for this match if you like with a solid 39 against Durham on Sunday. Nixon is a top notch 1 day player and looks a solid each way bet here.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Fully agree with your assessment for the outright Kev, can't quite believe Englands Jeremy Snape decided to have a bowl. Interesting to see Walker open the batting as a pinch-hitter, he was 100's in places this morning. I remember he did it a couple of times for Derby after a couple of successful slogs at number 11. No more TV games for the Foxes this year but one to bear in mind in the future.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 An ok day today. Both the Somerset bets won but Leicester were never in the game once Snape bizarrely chose to bowl. Why anyone would put the opposition in at Taunton is beyond me. Nixon tied for 3rd so all in all it was +1.44 for the day and now +36.47 for the competition. Hampshire vs Warwickshire is the TV game tomorrow which I'll look at in the morning.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Nothing to get too excited about for tomorrows game. Kev, you will be a better judge on it than me, but I am going to have a small dabble on Liam Dawson to top score for the Hawkolpaks. 25/1 at B365 is more than generous following his quick fire 30 last time out. He won't be in until 7 so we will be relying on decent weather for a full 40 over game and the Warwickshire bowlers being half decent to take some early wickets. May even get a bigger price, as not all firms are on oddschecker yet.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Does anyone agree with me that Warwickshire may be a bit of value as the outsiders against Hampshire today. I assume that the players with the England team will not be playing for their county. That takes out Pieterson, Tremlett and Mascheranas, and with Warne out injured I think they may well struggle. I must admit I don't know too much about Warwickshire but watch Hampshire a lot and I feel they are there for the taking with all the top players missing. Your views please

Does anyone agree with me that Warwickshire may be a bit of value as the outsiders against Hampshire today. I assume that the players with the England team will not be playing for their county. That takes out Pieterson' date=' Tremlett and Mascheranas, and with Warne out injured I think they may well struggle. I must admit I don't know too much about Warwickshire but watch Hampshire a lot and I feel they are there for the taking with all the top players missing. Your views please[/quote'] Perfectly fair assessment that, and one I agree with.
Hampshire1.721.721.661.721.721.661.831.71
Warwickshire222.1222.11.831.99
3 for me tonight. 10pts Warwickshire to beat Hampshire 6/5 Boylesports 5th host 8th at the Rose Bowl tonight in a clash neither side can afford to lose. Hampshire are in one of those weird positions - can still realistically win the title with a good end to the season but equally can still be relegated. Warwickshire plight is much more simple. They need wins to get themselves out of the relegation zone. These 2 met here in the Friends Provident semi final which Hampshire won by 40 runs. Hampshire have something of an injury and England call up crisis. England have taken Pietersen, Mascarenhas and Tremlett while injury has put Warne on the sidelines and that's probably the worst blow of them all. Had he not captained the Hawks in that semi final I've no doubt they'd have lost. Michael Lumb has been in good form recently as has John Crawley. The batting lineup looks solid enough but the bowling attack looks very weak, and Udal aside, very young. James Bruce, David Griffiths and Liam Dawson are all going to be in the bowling attack. Warwickshire have a bit of a patched up side out too but it's a stronger side on paper than the Hawks one I believe. Like Hampshire, they're problem is with their bowling attack but the batting looks fine. Maddy and Sangakkara will be playing one of their last matches of the summer while Jon Trott and Tim Ambrose will be hoping to impress with winter tour spots available. With the ball, Alfonso Thomas has taken over the overseas duties from Paul Harris. Heath Streak will be key with the rest of the bowling attack being young. Lee Daggett, Adam Shantry and James Anyon will make up the attack. Hampshire won comfortably when these 2 last met but Warwickshire are a good one day side and I fully expect them to reverse the result this evening. The lights are good at the Bowl so there shouldn't be the obvious bias there usually is in floodlit cricket. Warwickshire look value to win this. 10pts Warwickshire Highest 1st 15 Overs 11/10 Betfred Warwickshire will open their innings in aggressive style. Darren Maddy is a master of using the fielding restrictions to his advantage and although his opening partner hasn't been confirmed yet if it is Neil Carter he'll just stand and deliver and usually hit boundaries. For Hampshire Michael Lumb goes after the bowling at the top of the innings while Crawley looks to get in before speeding up. However the deciding factor could well be Hampshire's young bowling lineup. James Bruce can take wickets but he can go round the park with it and David Griffiths is similar. Lee Daggett and James Anyon have much more experience which leads me to believe Warwickshire will lead after 15 overs. 5pts ew T.Ambrose Top Warwickshire Bat 7/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) Tim Ambrose has had a superb county season for the Bears in all forms of the game. When these two met at the Rose Bowl in June, Ambrose was 2nd top scorer and but for running out of partners would have top scored. He made 31 in the Bears' last Pro40 match and then top scored with 88 in the 2nd innings of Warwickshire's Championship match with Yorkshire last week. He's an aggressive batsman who will be shoved up the order to increase the run rate if needs be. Whatever the situation he'll bat at 5 and should give us at least a place but is a very good bet to top score.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Sussex vs Northants is the live Pro40 action on Friday. Looks like it should be fairly comfortable for the home side. 3 for me. 10pts Sussex to beat Northants 3/5 Sporting Odds 4th placed Sussex host 8th placed Northants in this floodlit Pro40 match at Hove. It's an important game for both sides really. Although they would be relying on Worcestershire slipping up, Sussex need 2 wins to have any chance of winning the title while Northants need the points to haul themselves up the table a bit although this is 1 of their games in hand so they have a bot of breathing space. Sussex will be with their Twenty20 world cup players for the last time this season in this match. Luke Wright, Rana Naved and James Kirtley will all leave after this game and will want to go out with a bang. Luke Wright has been in superb form in this competition as has Chris Nash. Murray Goodwin and Chris Adams are always dangerous with the bat. James Kirtley has been brilliant with the ball and Mushtaq will always cause problems. Northants have already lost their overseas players which began the season with them but they have brought in left arm spinner Nicky Boje. David Sales leads the side and he's in superb touch. There isn't much support for him though with the exception maybe of Stephen Peters and Lance Klusener. The Steelbacks bowling attack looks very poor without van der Wath. Wigley and Logan can take wickets but they're not really division 1 standard bowlers. Sussex have a good side and they should easily see off a very weak looking Steelback side on what is usually a good Hove wicket. 10pts Sussex -6.5 Runs Highest 1st 15 Overs 10/11 Sporting Odds Sussex have the most destructive player of this county season opening up for them and if Luke Wright tees off again then Sussex will be away and gone. Chris Nash will bat high up in the order too and he's no slouch. Neither are Goodwin or Adams. Stephen Peters and Andrew Crook, the Steelbacks likely opening pair aren't particularly quick scorers and if Northants do get going early doors, Adams can nullify that with Kirtley or Mushtaq. Sussex are loaded with hitters up top and should be safely ahead after 15 overs. 5pts ew L.Klusener Top Northants Batsman 13/2 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) With Chris Rogers no longer at the club, after David Sales, Zulu is Northants' best batsman. He is aggressive and scores quickly but if his side are in trouble he can did in too. Should Sales not perform then Klusener will have every chance of top scoring. He hit a fluent 36 to help see Northants home against Hampshire on Monday so is in decent touch and looks an each way steal even though he could bat as low as number 6.

Re: Cricket: Natwest Pro40 2007 Dont see many in running tips on here, but I can't quite believe Northants are as big as 10-1 to win this. Yes yes Sussex are obviously favourites and should get the runs, but 10-1 in a 2 horse race in the funny old game we call cricket, cash me in.