WSOP Main Event

GaF

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WSOP Main Event Alfred Megrabyan Survives with Jacks Alfred Megrabyan shoved all in with J-J. He was called by a player with ah.gif9c.gif. Alfred Megrabyan's Jacks held up and he survived on the bubble. "Man, that takes a lot of balls," said one player from an adjacent table who admitted he folded A-A at least once over the last ten hands.

Re: WSOP Main Event

Tobey Maguire 130000 chip_up.gif20000
dunno which spidey went out of your wsop lol
Really? I could have sworn he went out! Must have been one of numerous Maguire's who entered the 6000 strong WSOP final event field i saw then.................. Or then again i could just be lying to cover my back :tongue2:tongue2:tongue2:tongue2

Re: WSOP Main Event The River Saves Sully Erna The player on the button raised to 21,000 total and Sully Erna called in the small blind. The flop came 8d.gif10s.gifqd.gif and after Erna checked the other player made a massive overbet of 60,000. Erna then check-raised all-in for about 22,000 more and his pot-stuck opponent made the call with da.gif9s.gif. Erna turned over 10c.gif10d.gif for the set and the cameras and crowds pressed close as Erna would double up if he could avoid the other player's gutshot draw . Which, of course, promptly hit in the person of the jh.gif. Erna was livid, pacing around his chair in frustration as the cameras followed his every move...and then the 8c.gif arrived on the river to give Erna a full house and the pot. "That's why I play poker!' Erna shouted as the pot was pushed his way.

Re: WSOP Main Event John Duthie Slips Matthew Hilger opened the pot for 11,000, John Duthie called, and Brian MIller called. Miller checked dark before the flop came down 10s.gif9c.gif6c.gif. Hilger checked, Duthie bet 24,000, Miller called and Hilger folded. Miller checked dark again before the js.gif fell on the turn. Duthie checked behind him. The river was the qc.gif. Miller bet 45,000 and Duthie folded. Duthie's stack fell to 105,000 on the hand.

Re: WSOP Main Event Jon Moonves Eliminates Rob Thompson Thompson moved all-in for the last of his chips with jh.gif9s.gif and was dominated by Moonves' qs.gifjs.gif. Moonves made top pair on the 10h.gifqc.gif2c.gif flop but that also gave Thompson an open-ended straight draw. But the jc.gif on the turn and 10d.gif on the river didn't fill that draw and Thompson was eliminated.

Re: WSOP Main Event A Short Stack Doubles Up After a flop of 6h.gif4c.gif2c.gif, a short stack moves all in with 9d.gif9h.gif (overpair), and his opponent calls with ac.gif8c.gif for a flush draw. The turn card is the 7h.gif, and the A-8 picks up additional outs to a straight. But the river card is the ks.gif, and the player with pocket nines doubles up in chips.

Re: WSOP Main Event

thats a bit harsh!!! get a new source lol
I know :( Though i did make the title up! :lol How can you get a better source then worldseriesofpoker.com ?? Or even HP for that matter :tongue2

Re: WSOP Main Event The Bubble Has Burst! Jack Effel: "Attention, Main Event players! You're all in the money! 621 players remain, and you're all in the money." He then explains that they will complete the six minutes left in this level, and then take a break. After the break, they will put one hour back on the clock for the level, to compensate for the amount of play lost to hand-for-hand play. Details on the bubble-bursting hand in a moment

Re: WSOP Main Event The Bubble Bursts On Hand 15 of hand-for-hand play John Sigan raised on the button for 22K and the Vandy Krouch called in the big blind. The flop came 4s.gif6h.gif8c.gif and Sigan moved in for his last 30,000. "I'm either doing you a big favor or you're going to hate me," Krouch said as he made the call. Sigan had pocket Queens and Krouch 5s.gif6s.gif for a pair and open-ended straight draw. And on the turn, the 7d.gif hit, giving Krouch the straight and leaving Sigan drawing dead. Hailing from Strongsville, OH, Sigan is the bubble boy for the 2007 World Series of Poker Main Event. Tournament Director Jack Effel asked everyone to give him a round of applause and John received one of the loudest ovations we've heard at the WSOP this year. Though one wonders how much consolation that brings.

Re: WSOP Main Event Senie Gets Lucky Brian Senie was down to the felt. He had three chips left, two yellows and one blue. That totaled only 2,500. He was just the big blind and was now sitting in the small blind position. All play had finished, or so he thought. At table 29, a crowd was gathering. And for Brian Senie, it would be a $20,000 crowd. "Are you hear because you're waiting to watch the bubble boy?" he asked as we stood near his table. "Not so fast," we responded, "there's an all-in over on table 29." "Really?" Brian made his way slowly toward the crowd, trying not to get his hopes up. He was about halfway there when a floor staff turned and started clapping. "Congratulations everyone!" the floor man yelled. Brian's face became red, and a huge smile appeared as he walked back toward us. When he arrived at his table, everyone there shook his hand, as he just survived the bubble. Barely. Needless to say, he was all-in on the following hand and was one of the first to bust immediately after the bubble.

Re: WSOP Main Event ET Phone Home Walking around outside the Amazon Room on the break, all you could see were players talking on their cell phones, and the conversations were all the same "Honey, I made the money," or, "Mom, I did it, I made it." There were backslaps and handshakes all around as players celebrated their payday. Expect a massive amount of bustouts in the next hour as those players who nursed their short stacks into the money prepare to gamble.

Re: WSOP Main Event Recent Eliminations: Place 611-621 The following players won $20,320: 611 John Michael 612 Christopher Perry 613 Arthur Roberto Szczupak 614 Anders Solheim 615 Sheldon Saul 616 Thong Tran 617 Kiarasa Hamadani 618 Carsten Jakobsen 619 Brian Senie 620 Jorge Albalat 621 Gregory Treger

Re: WSOP Main Event Willie Tann and the Hammer Bet Over on Willie Tann's table, all nine players went in on a prop bet, where they would pay $25 each to the first person to move all in with 2-7 offsuit (a.k.a. "The Hammer"). After Jason Heidema opened the pot for 12,000, Willie Tann moved in for 420,000, inducing Heidema to fold. Tann proudly showed his 2h.gif7d.gif. "$25 each, boys!" said Tann with a laugh.

Re: WSOP Main Event Gavin Smith Eliminated Action folded around to Gavin Smith in late position who moved all in for 45,000. Christian Togsverd, playing from the cutoff seat, took a look down at his hole cards and quickly called. The players showed... Smith: 7h.gif7s.gif Togsverd: js.gifjd.gif Smith got no help as the board came 10h.gif8s.gif8d.gifqc.gif2c.gif and was eliminated. Christian Togsverd climbs to 365,000 in chips.

Re: WSOP Main Event Robert Nehorayan= Next Million Dollar Man Robert Nehorayan picked up A-A against Mohammed Zahour's T-T, with Zahour all in for his tournament life. The board came down jd.gif6s.gif4s.gif3d.gifqs.gif, eliminating Zahour and sending Nehorayan's stack over the 1,000,000 mark.

Re: WSOP Main Event Poker, Lee Watkinson Style We were told during the break that the action on Lee Watkinson's table during the hand for hand period was a little unusual. Lee's table was great for him as it had 8 players with short stacks and him, sitting on nearly half a million. So Lee decided to take over, betting 150,000 without even looking at his cards, if anyone wanted to play with him they had to call all in. He did this every hand until we hit the money.

Re: WSOP Main Event Chaconas Slips We caught up to this hand on the flop. The board read 10h.gif6s.gif5s.gif. Matthew Hilger moved all in for 205,000 and Shawn Chaconas made the call. The players showed... Chaconas: 5d.gif5h.gif Hilger: ks.gif10s.gif Hilger caught the 7s.gif on the river to complete his flush and win the pot. He is now at 495,000 while Chaconas slips to 50,000 chips